Window air coolers are your best choice if you want cool fresh air in your room. They can be mounted on window sills, fixed in window frames, or even put on special stands. They use cool water and airflow to cool your room.
The fresh air outside is thrown in by the coolers fan. Then the air is cooled down as it passes through the cooler filled with cool water. Window coolers are sometimes used in open spaces as well, like porches and courtyards.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Havells Air Cooler, Godrej Ac, Symphony Air Coolers, Air coolers, Bajaj Air coolers, Volta’s air coolers, Kenstar air coolers, Orient Air coolers, Bluestar air coolers, Usha air coolers, Crompton air coolers, Hindware coolers, Volta’s window Ac’s, LG Window Ac’s, Mitsubishi AC’s, Haier Ac’s, Onida Ac’s, Sanyo Ac’s, Hitachi Ac’s, Carrier Ac’s, AC Stands, Table Fans, Rechargeable Table Fans, Luker Fans, Stand Fans, Ceiling fans, Exhaust Fans, cooler motors, Samsung Air conditioners, Panasonic Ac’s, 1 Ton Ac’s, 2 Ton Ac’s, Window AC’s, 1 Ton Window AC’s, 1.5 Ton AC’s, Standing Ac’s, Hitachi Window AC’s, O General Window Ac’s, Mini Fridges, Single Door Fridges, Godrej Refrigerator, Deep Freezers, Samsung Refrigerator, Whirlpool Refrigerator, Ice Buckets, Ice Boxes & Wine Coolers in India
Top 12 Best Window Coolers in India
Features of Window Cooler
- The coolers usually have three-speed fans.
- In most models, the louvers are motorized.
- This helps swing the air throw around the room.
- A motor inside the cooler pumps water from the tank onto pads on the walls.
- As a result, making the air inside the cooler cool.
- Also, float walls in most coolers help with auto water fill.
- Most coolers come with a stand.
- The stand has caster wheels, therefore, making it more portable.
- Some models can work on inverters therefore they are great for areas with power outages.
Types of Window Coolers
There are two types of window air coolers: Window fixed and stand-mounted.
- These window air coolers are put on a window sill.
- If the sill is not the proper size, adjustments are made to the window to fit the coolers in it.
- This type has fewer adjustment options therefore low portability.
- These come with a stand.
- The stand-mounted cooler is put outside a window.
- The stands mostly have wheels under them consequently making them more portable.
Buyer’s Guide for Window Cooler
- When buying window air coolers always consider the window your planning to place it at.
- Buy a cooler that fits inside your window.
- On the other hand, if you’re going to place it outside the window coolers with a stand would be the best choice.
- If you have to use an inverter to power your house, buy a model that is compatible with your inverter.
- Always keep in mind the area of the room before buying a window cooler.
- Important buying decision factors include Portability, maintenance, and endurance.
How to use Window Cooler?
- A fan at the front is rotated as a result of an electric-powered motor.
- Behind it, the cooler contains water on its floor.
- The walls of the cooler have hay or hay-like synthetic material attached to it.
- A motor pumps water from the cooler’s floor over the hay attached to the wall.
- Then the water is pumped through a pipe which goes from the motor to the top of all the hay sheets on the walls.
- As a result, the air inside the cooler cools which the fan throws out into the room.
List of Top 12 Best Window Coolers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Bajaj MD2020 54-litres Window Air Cooler (White) – for Medium Room
Comes with wood wool cooling media and typhoon blower technology. Works on 230 watts.
- Long and powerful air throw
- The body is thermoplastic therefore more reliable
- A lot of electricity consumption due to 230 Watts
- Does not have a stand and wheels resulting in fewer options
2. Cello Swift 50 Ltrs Window Air Cooler (White)
It has a tank capacity of 50 liters. Comes with a stand and wheels. Wood wool technology is used consequently improving cooling.
- Has a stand
- It comes with castor wheels therefore it’s easier to move
- Body material is relatively less strong.
3. Havells Brina Plus Window Air Cooler – 50 Liters (White, Brown)
The body is made from ABS and PP. It has full collapsible louvers therefore dust and insets do not enter it. Comes with an auto drain function, consequently making it easy to refill the tank.
- Easy to maintain because of auto drain and collapsible louvers
- Made of ABS and PP, therefore, it has a strong body
- Uses a lot of electricity
- Does not have a stand and wheels consequently making it hard to shift
4. Orient Electric Magicool Neo 50-Litre Window Air Cooler (White)
It is made of ABS plastic therefore it is more impact resistant. The vertical louvers are motorized. Works on 200 watts. Has a tank capacity of 50 liters.
- Strong body structure
- Autofill feature
- Does not have a stand.
- Does not have wheels as a result it’s difficult to move.
5. Symphony JET 51 Plastic Window Cooler – 51 Liters, White
This cooler works on 160 watts, therefore, consumes less power. It has an auto water refill function with an inbuilt float wall as a result, maintenance is easy. It also works on inverters.
- Takes less power.
- Easily removable side grills
- Does not have a stand or wheels consequently, it is less portable
- The body is relatively less strong.
6. Usha Azzuro 50AW1 50-Litre Window Cooler (White/Grey)
It has an air throw of 20 feet. Has a tank capacity of 50 liters. Works on 240 watts. It has a one-year warranty.
- Powerful throw.
- Uniform cooling on swing mode
- Consumes a lot of power.
- The structure is made of simple plastic consequently it is less strong
7. Bajaj SB2003 32-litres Window Air Cooler (White) – for Medium Room
It has wood wool therefore better cooling than normal padding. Typhoon blower for powerful air throw.
- Long air throw as a result of typhoon blower
- Takes up relatively less space.
- Body material is not as strong as ABS.
- Does not have a stand and wheels therefore it’s harder to adjust.
8. Singer Everest Senior 50-Litre Window Cooler (White)
Four-way air deflection. The body is made of ABS plastic. It works on inverters as well.
- Motorized vertical louvers
- It has a four-way air swing consequently air reaches a larger area
- Does not have wheels or stand
9. Voltas Window Cooler Wind 54, 54L
Comes with wood wool pads therefore it has a better cooling effect than models that don’t. Its motor has a thermal overload protector.
- It has a big tank capacity consequently better cooling
- Comes with a stand and wheels as a result it’s easier to shift
- Maybe unstable when put on a stand.
10. Kenstar KCLVTPWH060BMW-EGM Window Coolers – 60L, White & Black
It has a dust filter as a result it keeps away containments. It comes with a stand and has modern look to it.
- Modern beautiful design, therefore, blends in with the interior design.
- Has a stand and wheels making it more portable than coolers that don’t
- Maybe unstable when mounted on a stand
11. McCOY 50 L Window Air Cooler (White, Triton 50)- DOUBLE BLOWER
It works on 165 watts. It works on an inverter. Has an air throw of 35 feet.
- Consumes less electricity, as a result, contributes less to your bills
- Has wheels therefore it’s easier to move.
- Does not come with a stand therefore it has to be fitted in a window.
- Does not have a float consequently water may be wasted.
12. Hindware 200 Snowcrest 50 WW Window CW-175001WPP 50-Litre Air Cooler (Premium Purple)
It comes with wood wool pads, is inverter compatible, and has four-way deflection.
- Powerful air throw
- Wide air throw.
- Does not have a stand or wheels
To conclude, window air coolers keep your room’s air fresh and provide cooling on hot summer days. In contrast to Air conditioners, coolers use less electricity. They also do not recycle the same air, making them a healthier option. Rather than throwing back hot air in the room, window air coolers fresh cool air to decrease the rising temperature of your room.
What is a window air cooler?
A window air cooler is a type of air cooler that sits in your window or outside your window on a stand. It cools and throws fresh air into the room.
How do I fit a window cooler?
You can place it on your window sill or you can place it on its stand outside the window.
Do you need to open windows for evaporative cooling?
Generally, windows should be open to help with evaporative cooling.