The best fishing rod always helps you in finding fishes very easily. Overall, such equipment gives you interest in finding your passion. In other words, fishing is something more than a hobby. For instance, it is a form of art that creates happiness and the urge to achieve the target.
Although fishing is a hobby for many, still many people are unable to find the right kind of best fishing rods in the market. After that, the only thing to focus on getting the best fishing rods is the length of the rod.
Similarly, the overall ability of the fishing rods to catch fishes depends on their length. For instance. The longer the fishing rod, the more are the chances of getting heavy fishes. Besides, all the below tips will help you get the best fishing rods.
Top 10 Best Fishing Rod Brands in India
Features of Fishing Rods
The following features will help you get the best fishing rods, you can blindly follow these:
- For instance, avoid fishing rods that are made up of plastic.
- Besides, must not use any kind of battery for good performance.
- For instance, it should have a length of about 3 feet to 20 feet.
- After that, it should be long and strong.
- After that, it must catch small and big fishes easily.
- Overall, it should have a moderate weight.
- However, can have a deep aluminium spool inside the reel.
- Therefore, a thick coil bail spring gives more support.
- Therefore, it should be highly tensile.
- After that, it should have a good fishing lure.
- Similarly, shall have a smooth texture and long-lasting.
Types of Fishing Rods
Different Types of best fishing rods areas:
- Telescopic Rods: Such rods are very compact. After that, the length of the rod can be 2-3 feet after closing and it can be about 20 feet long. Therefore, you can even adjust it as it has reeled in the centre.
- Spinning Rods: These rods are slightly smaller in size and have 12-14 eyes.
- Fly- Fishing Rod: These can have different sizes. Similarly, these are best for fishing trout that are very small as well as larger fishes.
- Ice-Fishing Rod: These are small size rods with no reels. Therefore, you can easily carry them to various places.
Buyer’s Guide – Fishing Rod
Different tips to buy the best fishing rods are:
- It should be longer in length and have a hard body.
- Must be of metal and should have light polishing.
- Should have a small and strong reel for the string.
- The hook for putting bait should be at a sharp angle and bent vertically.
- Overall, you need to be able to aim at a faraway fish and catch it.
- Needs to have good winding and long-lasting.
- Besides, looks and body must be royal and stylish.
- Carrier case with it should be long-lasting and tough.
- Must have a 1-year warranty.
- Therefore, weight can be 1-1.5 kilograms for support.
- Check for the eyes in the fishing rods you choose to buy.
- After that, try to invest in some expensive fishing rods for better experience in fishing.
- Besides, keep an eye on the wood of the rod if it is made up of wood.
- Similarly, avoid buying any fishing rod that has dents or cracks.
- Check for the kinds of fishes you can catch using those fishing rods.
- The rod must have a good stretching capacity and in the budget.
How to use Fishing Rod?
- It has a spool wherein we wind the string of the fishing rod.
- After that, the handle in the reel helps to put force upon the rod far away.
- However, the bail acts as a gateway for the string present inside the spool.
- Similarly, the reel foot helps to connect the reel with the fishing rod.
- Thereafter, the drag knob helps that how easily the string can come out of the spool.
- It has a tip that is very thin and where you can put the bait for the fish.
- It can even break very easily, so you must handle it carefully.
- The reel seat helps to keep the connections between the reel and the rod clear and compact.
Follow the below steps to use it:
- You need to connect the rod and reel for starting.
- After that, the spool should wind around the rod.
- Thereafter, tie the string to the rod.
- Now, tie the bait around the rod of the string.
- After that, connect the drag knob with the reel of the fishing rod.
- Put the bait in the hook and tighten it.
- Loosen the string of the reel and throw it in water to catch a fish.
List of Top 10 Best Fishing Rod Brands in India
1. PLUSINNO Carbon Fiber Telescopic Fishing Rod with Reel Combo Sea Saltwater Freshwater Kit Fishing Rod Kit
Overall, such rods are good for moderate fishing.
- Perfect elasticity and high-density carbon fibre.
- The stainless steel reel seat.
- Sometimes, the fish feels the hook in the bait and swims away.
- The reel seat can be damaged sometimes.
2. Sougayilang Fishing Rod Combos with Telescopic Fishing Pole Spinning Reels Fishing Carrier Bag
These rods are good for trained persons.
- Has three fishing lures.
- Good for travelling.
- Lightweight rod.
- Rod can be flexible.
3. Lanaak Pink Fishing Pole and Tackle Box – Telescoping Rod with Spinning Reel, Net, Travel Bag, and Beginner’s Guide
These are good for children and kids who wish to learn the art of fishing. After that, these provide good control over the rod.
- It is a telescopic fishing rod with a guide.
- The rod can shorten to 17 inches and they can carry it in the bag.
- Only kids can use it.
- It requires untangling the string.
4. FISHOAKY Fiber Telescopic Fishing Pole and Reel Combo with Line Lures
For instance, such rods are made especially for adults with different facilities in the rods.
- These are helpful for various kinds of fishing learners.
- It is suitable for sea, boat, and river fishing experts.
- The reel may break easily.
- You may feel tight to throw far.
5. PLUSINNO Fiber Telescopic Fishing Rod with Reel Combo
This rod helps you with the best experience of fishing ever.
- It is very strong.
- Has double locking reel seat.
- Bolt can come off.
- They may not be durable.
6. PLUSINNO Kids Fishing Pole with Spincast Reel Telescopic Fishing Rod
Basically, these are made for kids and work really well for beginners.
- Good angling and fishing.
- It is medium and solid.
- Tips of the rod can break.
- The size is small.
7. Wakeman Swarm Series Spinning Rod and Reel Combo – Green Metallic
These are good for growing fishing-loving people with modern equipment.
- It is made of fibreglass.
- These are great to catch larger fishes.
- Rod is very thin.
- This can crack with use.
8. QiyuanLS Portable Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
These have a royal finishing with a smooth texture of reel and rod.
- It is portable and convenient to carry.
- It is made of EVA grip for small hands.
9. Auf Spinning Fishing Rod
For instance, such rods are ideal for heavy fishes.
- It is a budget-friendly rod.
- Can decrease size and increase also.
- It is made for beginners only.
- The string can break easily.
10. Kushaan Fishing Rod & Reel Set
This is the best option for a low price.
- Has high tensile strength.
- It is of the ultra-thin body.
- Quality may below.
- It can bend very easily.
In conclusion, do check-out on the above fishing rod for the best one for yourself.
What is the price of fishing rods in India?
In India, you can easily buy the best fishing rod in the price range of 1500-2500 Rupees either online or offline.
Is a one-piece or two-piece fishing rods better?
It all depends on the space you have. You can go for one piece if you have a good space and go for two pieces in case you have less space available.
Should I get a heavy or medium-heavy rod?
Again, it depends on how professional are you in terms of fishing. If you are good enough, then heavy fishing rods are the best. In case, you are a beginner, go for the medium rods.
How do I choose a rod length?
If you are skilled in fishing techniques, go for a rod of more than 6 feet but if you are a beginner, buy a rod less than 6 feet for smooth fishing purposes.
What is a 7 medium/heavy rod good for?
If you wish to catch small to medium-sized fishes, then 7 medium/heavy rods are very easy to use.
How do I choose a rod action?
A fast action rod will help you reach far away points for catching the fishes. However, medium or moderate action rod can go to middle or nearer points for catching fish.