Television, commonly known as TV, is one of the media by which people use to entertain themselves. It is an appliance that one can use to project images and/or to hear audio. In the older days, TVs used radio waves to acquire signals. Currently, however, cable boxes and Wi-Fi are used to access more options for viewing. Just like how there are smartphones, there exist smart TVs.
A TV unit is usually found in the living room and the bedroom. It can be mounted on the wall or found on top of solid TV cabinets or TV units. Additionally, you can also store TV accessories within it. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Computer Tables, 24 Inches LED TV, 32 Inches LED TVs, 43 Inches LED TVs, 55 inches LED TV, 65 inches LED TV, 4K Smart TVs, Home Theatres, 5.1 Home Theatres, & Sound Bars in India.
Top 10 Best TV Unit Designs in India-Buyers Guide
Types of TV Units
It is natural that TV units also innovate in:
TV cabinets vary in shapes and sizes. For example, there are wall-mounted TV units and some placed on the ground. Additionally, there is compact furniture designed to occupy minimal space while storing lightweight items. On the other hand, there are largely built TV units made to enclose the electronic device and store more in quantity. Moreover, the consumer has the option to mount the TV on the item or to wall-mount it.
Most TV units come in wooden-colored variations. However, there are also contemporary styles that mainly revolve around black and white combinations. Your choice would usually depend on the existing color of your home and whether it would match the ambiance.
TV cabinets are commonly bought ready-made. However, TV units now come in a self-assembly type of installation. Although DIY installment usually concerns wall-mounted TV units, a handful of standing cabinets also need minimal self-assembly.
Features of TV Unit or TV Cabinet
Here are some features you may want to check:
- TV units can be open or with traditional doors.
- If you are looking for less hassle storage, then it is better to opt for open TV shelving.
- However, most open furniture can only store items with a certain height limit.
- On the other hand, TV units can have cabinet doors made from either wood or glass.
- This item is better for you if you want your items to be stored safely.
- Although TV units traditionally have horizontal storage, some furniture brands innovated to introduce a top box set.
- Moreover, it gives you more storage without consuming more floor space.
- However, it could only usually store lightweight items.
Buyers Guide – TV Units or TV Cabinets
The key to buying a TV unit is to visualize.
Do you want your TV to be mounted on the furniture or on the wall? If you want more storage and weight capacity, then it would be better to opt for ground-fixed units. However, if you want a more contemporary and stylish finish, a wall-mounted TV unit is for you. You also must know whether you want your storage to be open or to have cabinet doors.
Essentially, buying a TV unit would depend on your taste and its purpose. For example, if you plan to buy one to store a cable box and a DVD player, then wall-mounted furniture may be better. On the other hand, if you want to store multiple items and moderately decorate your home, then a ground-fixed TV cabinet is better. In the same way, try to check whether your home has ample space for furniture. Wall-mounted TV units are rather easier to find space for compared to ground-fixed ones.
How to Use or set up TV Unit?
- A TV Unit is rather easy to understand.
- The common use for a TV cabinet is for you to place your TV on top of it and store other TV accessories and home décor on it.
- However, with newer TV units, they now come wall-mounted.
- Usually, wall-mounted TV units are not used to hold the TV per se.
- Rather, they are used to accessorize the electronic device and serve as multipurpose storage.
- If you are buying a piece of wall-mount furniture, it would most likely be a self-assemble.
- Most furniture brands ensure that the item comes with a manual on how to assemble with other necessities such as nuts and bolts.
- Ultimately, it is up to you whether to opt for a ready-made item or be willing to do the minimal assembly.
List of Top 10 Best TV Unit Designs or TV Cabinets in India
1. DeckUp Uniti TV Stand and Home Entertainment Unit (Wenge, Matte Finish)
DeckUp offers a TV stand in various wooden colors with contemporary style. If you are looking for something simple and minimal, then it might be for you.
- Made of durable engineered wood
- Size is conducive even for larger TVs
- Two cabinets with open storage
- Comes in four colors
- Matte finish and modern appearance
- Storage is only for smaller items
- DIY assembly
2. BLUEWUD Primax Engineered Wood TV Entertainment Wall Unit/Set-Top Box Stand (Standard/Ideal for up to 42”)
BLUEWUD offers a compact TV Cabinet with a built-in top box stand. If you are looking for TV cabinets that do not occupy large spaces, then BLUEWUD made it for you.
- Material is a durable engineered wood
- Accommodates even up to 55” TV
- Matte finish and sleek
- Comes with a side storage stand
- Does not have a cabinet with a door
- Storage is primarily for small but wide objects
- Comes in a single color only
- Still have uninstalled parts
3. DeckUp Meritus-L Wall TV Unit (Dark Wenge, Matte Finish)
DeckUp has furnished another piece of furniture that can accompany your TV units. In addition, this unit is for those who may want easier maintenance and cleaning.
- Engineered wood as a component
- Three cabinets with open storage
- Wall-mounted furniture
- Matte finish with two available colors
- Cannot place a TV on top of it
- Requires assembly and is not ready-made
- Small storage space
4. Anika Archie Wooden TV Entertainment Unit/Wall Set Top Box Shelf Stand/ TV Cabinet for Wall/ Set Top Box Holder for Home/TV Stand Unit for Wall for Living Room (Wenge Big)
Anikaa has made this TV unit for people looking for a TV shelf fit for a classy and modern home. It allows storage both above and below the TV unit creating a balanced style.
- Made from Prelam Particle Wood
- Completely open storage
- Mounted on the wall
- Design is stylish and compatible anywhere
- Has three available colors
- TV has to be mounted and not placed on it
- DIY assembly is needed
- Can only handle light items
5. Wudville Coober Engineered Wood TV Entertainment Wall Unit/ Set-Top Box Stand – Standard
Wudville introduced a top box set that comes in a minimalistic yet sleek design. It is perfect if you want to adorn your TV accessories and another home décor with a piece of solid furniture.
- Built with Prelam Engineering wood
- Middle storage fits wide items and height is tall enough
- Wall-mounted furnishing
- Elegant and modern style
- Entirely for TV accessories and not a TV mount
- Only a single color is available
- Self-assemble set up
6. Amazon Brand – Solimo Cygnus Engineered Wood TV Cabinet Drawers (Espresso Finish)
Amazon Brand Solimo created a TV cabinet, with sufficient space for storage and solid enough for a TV stand. If you are looking for a multi-purpose cabinet, then this item is for you.
- Created from High-grade Engineered wood
- Has spacious drawers and cabinet doors
- Can mount a TV
- Ready-made item
- Classy and elegant design
- Single color available
7. Furnifry Wooden Wall Mounted TV Unit, TV Cabinet for Wall, TV Stand for Wall, TV Stand Unit for Wall for Living Room | Ideal for TV Up to 42”
Similar to BlueWud Primax TV Stand, Furnifry has also presented compact-style furniture. Moreover, it is ideal for people who prefer a minimalistic style rather than large items.
- Durable with its Engineered wood
- Design is contemporary and trendy
- Two available color combinations
- Has horizontal spaces and top storages for additional depository
- The height of horizontal storage is small
- Assembly is required for installment
8. Forzza Victoria TV Unit Oak
From the name itself, Forzza has brought a European touch to TV cabinets. Furthermore, this TV unit is spacious enough to store other home decors aside from TV accessories.
- Made primarily from Engineered wood
- A victorian style for an elegant appearance
- Spacious storage with two drawers
- Single color only available
- TV unit requires a large space
- Assembly is required for complete installation
9. DeckUp Cove TV Stand and Home Entertainment Unit (Wenge, Matte Finish)
This DeckUp TV unit is an upgrade from its basic furniture with a more contemporary design. It is a rectangular unit with glass doors.
- Sturdy with Engineered wood
- It can mount a TV
- The glass door cabinet gives a good edge in design
- Single color only available
- Available in two styles
- Need to self-assemble
10. Wood Carver TV Entertainment Unit Set Top Box Wall Stand Home Décor Wall Shelf Wooden Racks Wall Décor Black and White 1 set Top Box Stand and 2 Interconnect (Now Rings Included)
Wood Carver has brought modern-style TV units into an upgrade. Not only does it come with the TV cabinet per se, but also decorative box stands and ring embellishments.
- Simple DIY assembly
- Item is a combination of black and white
- Needs only minimal space
- Specific wood used is unknown
- Most storage spaces can only handle light materials
- TV cannot be mounted
Television is a common electronic device among households. Thus, it is important to learn how to decorate and make it appealing. Consequently, a TV unit is a recommended addition. Not only can it make your TV seem more stylish and brand-new, but it can also store multiple items. Since a TV unit is essentially furniture, you must choose what would best fit your TV, tastes, and home décor. Furthermore, it is a multipurpose item, so having one would optimize the space in your home. More storage without occupying larger space.
Which is the preferred design for the TV Unit?
The preferred design for a TV unit depends on the TV and for what purpose it would be. For example, if you plan to mount your TV on it, it is best to get one fixed on the ground. However, if your TV is already wall-mounted, then it is better to accessorize with floating TV units. Wall-mounted furniture can only handle lighter items compared to ones fixed on the ground. So, it is better to visualize first what you intend to store.
What is the normal price range of a TV Unit?
TV unit prices vary depending on the design and style. To illustrate, you might find wall-mounted TV units cheaper than ground-fixed cabinets. It is only reasonable because the latter can store more items and is even more durable. In addition, TV units with more cabinet doors are more expensive than ones with open shelving. Thus, it would depend on what kind of TV unit you are trying to get.
Which material is used in Modern TV Units?
Engineered wood is commonly used in modern TV units. This is a sturdy type of material that can last long. Furthermore, it is cheaper than hardwood-made furniture. More often, it is also easier to give style finishes than other types of wood.