Nowadays billing machine plays a major role in most stores and shops with the help digital revolution. Why because shopping has become one of the most important aspects of our lives. If we wish to obtain a specific object, we have to buy it or borrow it. And as a shop owner, it is hard to handle all the things you require to legally maintain a shop.
And so, security is very important so that no thief can steal anything from your shop. One solution to make sure that the clients actually bought one of your items is a billing machine. You can use a specific code on the billing machine to get a specific bill for that item which you can give to your client. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Note counting machine, Thermal Printers, Barcode Printers, Wireless printers, Label Printers, Lamination Machines in India.
So, which are the best billing machines that are out there? Check this article to find out the answer. Also, here we are proving the best billing machines along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Top 8 Billing Machines in India
Buyers Guide – Billing Machine
Because of the huge number of requests for billing machines around the world, there are many models in the marketplace. Keep in mind that you need to choose the billing machine that has a proper printing speed along with excellent build quality.
Based on the types and the features of the billing machines, here is a buyers’ guide for you:
- Buy a billing machine that comes with a display bar, so you can see the amount that you have entered.
- It will help in displaying the details of the product, but also in keeping a look over the bill.
- It also shows message errors if they happen to be.
- Especially for the automatic machines, you will need a memory slot for them.
- This feature will determine how many sale items will be printed on the bill.
- So for large businesses, the billing machines should have a lot of memory.
- Pay attention to the keypad details. It varies from machine to machine. For example, one has buttons to press to introduce the amount and one may have a touch display.
- So you should always check the buttons which introduce the number of details for the bill.
- You should always take into consideration the number of invoices printed in under a minute.
- You should do that so you can increase the efficiency of the machine and also make it more secure.
- The bigger the frequency is, the more efficient is the billing machine.
Features of a Billing Machine:
A powerful billing machine is very useful for retail billing with easily understandable features along with simple fonts. If you are looking for a billing machine, you want to make sure that it is a good one. So, you might be wondering which are the features of a good billing machine.
So here you have some of the best features and benefits of a billing machine:
- The billing machines are usually small and compact. You can easily mount them on a bus or taxi, for example. You will have no worries about not having space on the shop desk.
- A billing machine is very versatile. You can use it in distributions, billing, or ticketing. And not only that, but you can use them in lots of places, such as busses, taxis, hotels, shops, parking lots, etc.
- The main reason a billing machine is a good option for anyone is its accuracy. If people can provide errors in their calculations, a billing machine will not do so.
- You can easily connect your billing machine to the computer, barcode scanner, or cash drawers. This enables you to use multiple machines faster and more efficiently.
- The billing machines have a printing speed of 200mm/s. This makes them more efficient in every marketing situation since they can calculate and print faster than other machines.
Types of Billing Machines
Lots of people who run shops or businesses need billing machines in their locations. Because of that, people have created many models and types of billing machines until today. But most people face a lot of issues in selecting the most efficient machines.
Pay close attention to this section to find out them:
Electronic Billing Machines:
- The electronic billing machine is the most popular of the billing machines and one of the most efficient nonetheless.
- It uses batteries and comes with a display bar, but they are also portable.
- This type serves more in shops, hotels, or any other place where you can provide some space for them.
Portable Billing Machines:
- This type of billing machine is the best for a lot of movement.
- You can move them around lots of places.
- The best examples of this type are bus ticketing machines or handheld machines.
- The automatic machines have inbuilt software and algorithms in it so that it adds up the taxes and automatically deduct the rebates.
- These are the most efficient billing machine type from them all since they are fast and accurate.
- They also don’t need any additional manual instructions.
Card Swipe Machine:
This type of machine has the purpose of reading cards so that clients can pay with a credit card. They come with a keypad so that users can enter the PIN of their card and receive a bill in return.
How Does a Billing Machine Work?
Most of the billing machines are easy to use. However, people who never used one can be quickly confused about how to use it. So if you feel like you are in the same situation here you have a guide for it.
This machine mainly does two things:
- The first one is, it confirms whether the client bought the item or not.
- And the second one is, it allows the client to come back and return it in case he doesn’t want it anymore.
However, the below-working mechanism is only for the keypad machines:
- Turn on the billing machine.
- When the buyer requires to buy a specific item, introduce the code of the item by using the keypad.
- After you introduce the code of the item, press “Enter”.
- Introduce the quantity. This number shows how many items the client bought.
- Check if you introduced the right numbers by checking the details on the display.
- After you do that press the “Print” button. The bill will come out and you can give it to the buyer.
Top 8 List of Billing Machines in the Market:
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of billing machines on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good billing machine. So, to make your life easier, here you have a top 9 list of the best billing machines available in the market along with their features.
1. HPC Billing & Printing Calculator with KOT for Hotel:
This machine claims to be good for hotels. It has a gray color and a weird design. However, the battery has 2200mAh, the keypad has 16 buttons and it comes with a 2-inch thermal printer.
- Capacity: Unlimited prints per day
- Weight: 1.50 KGs
- HPC Billing Machine is a tabletop machine that is operated with the help of a 9v adapter.
- It comes with paper rolls so that you don’t have to buy them separately at first.
- You can get good quality prints up to 58mm with this printer & paper loading is also easy.
- It has an inbuilt memory of 4GB and has the capacity for unlimited prints every day.
- And the used material is iron, which is very sturdy.
- The best thing is printer maintenance is not required for this product.
- Its design looks very weird and old-school.
- Also, it is not portable.
2. Analog Comtech TVS E PT 262 Cash Register:
This machine comes with non-stop billing features and it is one of the best features. It comes with a built-in thermal printer. And this is a preferred billing machine for small Indian retailers.
- Dimensions: 42 cm x 32 cm x 19 cm
- Capacity: Non-stop billing
- Weight: 3.42 KGs
- Analog Comtech Billing Machine is easily integrated into an external printer that comes with Barcode Scanner, Weighing Scale & Cash Drawer.
- And included built-in thermal printer is 20 times faster than the dot matrix printers.
- The product can store up to 2000 items, which is quite a good amount.
- And the servicing costs are low along with zero maintenance
- Few people said the bar code scanner is not working.
3. Swaggers Billing Machine Pixel Dp 1500 Currency Register with 6000 Items Capacity:
This machine comes in a grey color and a sheet metal material, which makes it sturdier. The machine has 20 hotkeys and it stores up to 6000 items. It is also easy to use and you don’t need any technical knowledge for it. The product needs some technical knowledge of usage.
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 30 cm x 28 cm
- Capacity: Stores up to 6000 items
- Swaggers Billing machine is made with sheet metal material.
- It can store up to 6000 items, which makes it perfect for most businesses, even larger ones.
- You can use it in lots of locations, such as restaurants, spas, cafés, hotels, shops, etc.
- It is very easy to use and maintain, which is a great feature and will help lots of people.
- The display of this billing machine is very small. One will have to struggle to see if the details of the bill look good, and so it becomes less user-friendly.
4. MPOS Billing Machine TerrasolisTech with Thermal Printer:
This billing machine comes in an elegant black, which blends well in most scenarios. It has a 2inch thermal printer and the display has 165×105 resolution. Also, it has a 32-bit arm controller and a 2000mAh 7.4V Li-ion battery.
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 8.5 cm x 5.5 cm
- Weight: 449 Grams
- MPOS TerrasolisTech billing machine is a 2-Inch thermal printer.
- This machine comes with a 160×105 Display and 21 Button keypad.
- It is easy to use, but also portable and you can either handheld use it or through a PC.
- The battery has 2000mAh, which will make the machine hold for a long time before the next charge.
- It is very small so you don’t need to allocate a lot of space for it.
- The product doesn’t support a barcode scanner, which in some situations can be inconvenient.
- The memory is not specified on the website.
5. WeP BP JOY Billing Retail Printer with 2 inches Thermal Billing:
This machine comes in pure white color and is an electronic machine. It can store up to 700 items and it can print up to 1000 bills a day. Besides this, the printer works without a pc. It is also portable and the material is plastic.
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm X 14.2 cm X 24.2 cm
- Capacity: Prints up to 1000 bills per day
- WeP Billing Machine is a standalone billing printer with a plastic body.
- You don’t need a PC to use it, which makes the job easier and you can print faster.
- This machine can print up to 1000 bills/day which means it can hold a lot even in a crowded shop. And that is most of the time ideal.
- You can easily carry it around due to its lightweight and small size.
- The material is plastic, which is more fragile than metal. If you drop it, you will likely damage it more than if you would have a metal material.
- Some people complained that it is not that user-friendly.
6. Softland India Limited Billing Machine Handheld Petrol Fuelstation with Thermal Printer:
This is a handheld portable billing machine, which has a carbon black color. It has a 32 Col, 2-inch thermal printer. Other features are a 7.4 V, Li-ion rechargeable battery, Flash Memory, it has a 30 button keypad, etc. The display is 128*64 and it has a USB interface.
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 4 cm x 7.5 cm
- Weight: 600 Grams
- Softland Billing Machine is a handheld thermal printing device.
- This product comes with a carry bag that you can use to carry your billing machine around. It is a nice addition to the product.
- You can set passwords to it so that the billing machine remains secure, which is a great feature.
- Also, you can use this machine with a PC as well for easier use. However, this requires more maintenance.
- The keypad can be a little bit confusing. So, if someone inexperienced tries it he might be a little bit confused.
7. DRMS Billing Machine Pixel Dp 1500 Cash Register with 6000 Items Capacity:
The product comes can store up to 6000 items in it which is quite the amount. You can use it in most locations and it is portable and small. You can also connect it with external printers, barcode scanners, etc. It has no ribbons and requires no maintenance.
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 28 cm x 13 cm
- Capacity: 6000 Items Storage
- Weight: 2.20 KGs
- DRMS PIXEL DP1500 Billing Machine comes with a big memory which has the capacity of 6000 items storage, it is a great feature for you.
- The main features of this product are High-Speed Thermal Printer, Flexible Keyboard, and Automatically recognizing 4 kinds of in-store barcodes.
- You can connect it with multiple devices, which allows this machine to serve better than the others.
- The keyboard is flexible and the thermal printer is fast.
- The material is plastic which, as mentioned earlier, is less sturdy than metal.
- In the description, we can find out that the item is not portable
8. WeP BP Joy Billing Machine with Ultra with Battery by WeP Solutions Ltd:
This item comes in white color and has similar features to other products from this list. It has inbuilt memory and comes with a battery. You can get Item wise and bill-wise reports with the help of this device.
- Dimensions: 35.7 cm x 23.8 cm x 23.7 cm
- Capacity: 1000 Items Storage
- Weight: 2.40 KGs
- WeP BP Joy billing Machine comes with a user-friendly and compact design along with a 3-inch thermal billing printout.
- The product can store up to 1000 items.
- It is an ideal machine for Hotels, Kirana, Restaurants, Ice cream parlors, Coffee shops, Bakeries, etc.
- The item is not as portable as the others on this list.
- The material is plastic, which is weak on impact in case you drop it.
In the conclusion part, it is evidently clear that there are many models and types of billing machines in the marketplace. However, the decision is yours. You are the only one who decides the best product for yourself.
Now you are able to choose a good and quality billing machine for your business. Make sure that you will always buy the best machines based on your requirements and budget among the suggested products.