A pole saw is basically a saw attached to a pole. There was a need to find a device that would save people the time and effort of getting a ladder to cut the tops of taller trees and plants. The pole saw is more like a chain saw attached to an extended pole.
The pole saw, though not as common as other saws, has numerous advantages including cutting high tree branches. It is also designed for neat and accurate tree trimming. Also, Check the buyers guide for Best pruning Saw, Best chain saw machines, Best circular saw machines, Best Oscillating saw, Best chop saw machines, Best jigsaw machines, Best miter saws, Best band saws, Best scroll saw, Best coping saw, Best reciprocating saws, Best table saw Machines & Best hacksaws.
They are used to control tree growth and to remove unwanted limbs. It can also be a handy tool to clear problematic bushes. In this article, we are providing you with some of the best pole saws along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 7 Pole Saws in India
Buyers Guide – Pole Saw
While planning to buy a polesaw, make sure you have done your research on the varieties of pole saws available in the market. The first thing to consider when getting a polesaw is: what will I use it for and where will I use it?
- It will also be wise to plan the expected budget.
- You should let the budget and purpose be the guide for your choice of equipment.
- Also, take into consideration the duration of usage of the equipment since the maintenance of a polesaw is very important.
- It is also crucial to note that there are other tools that are similar to the polesaw, so gauge whether you need the item.
- So that you can avoid buying something that is not required.
- Once you have considered all these points, you can decide which the best-suited polesaw is for you.
- If the gas-powered polesaw is not an option and you need mobile equipment
- That allows you freedom like the gas-powered one offers and also something with the ability to handle heavy tasks, you can consider the cordless (battery-powered) polesaw.
- If there is the availability of an external electric source and the cutting is time-consuming or the volume of work is significant, then a corded polesaw is the best choice.
Features of Pole Saw
The features of a polesaw are the parts that allow it to perform the trimming, pruning, or clearing functions.
Just consider below-mentioned features while choosing a pole saw:
- This part of the polesaw can be about 20feet in length which allows the saw end to reach higher branches.
- The length of a pole is determined by the model of the saw.
- There are manual poles and hydraulic ones.
- This is the blade of the saw.
- Usually, the size of the saw blade can be a guide to how large a branch the saw can cut.
- Apart from manual pole saws that have a hacksaw at the end of the pole.
- Powered polesaws have an engine that enables blade movement or rotation for cutting, trimming, or pruning branches.
- Electric-powered polesaws usually have smaller engines as compared to gas-powered polesaws.
- This is used to modulate the blade speed; it is located at the tip of the pole in the grip area.
Types of Pole Saws
There are 3 main types of pole saws based on their power source: gas-powered, electric powered, and manual pole saw.
The main types are:
- As the name suggests, it is powered by fuel.
- It has a larger engine to accommodate its power source.
- This type, though heavier, is mobile and is optimized for heavy-duty work.
- It is easy to use and provides a high range of cutting power with the flexibility to be used for different purposes.
- These polesaws can either be corded or cordless.
- The corded polesaw requires an energy outlet for operation and is thus restricted in height (about 6-10 feet high) and also has limited mobility.
- Whereas cordless polesaws operate on battery making them completely mobile and lightweight, but the battery charge may run out quickly.
- Also, electric polesaws are not popular for heavy-duty use.
Manual Pole Saw
- This polesaw usually has a fixed pole length and a hacksaw with a curved end that helps to hold the branch tightly to trim.
- This class is most popular amongst professional arborists.
- Though it is primitive, it gives greater control to the user as to how the cutting should be done.
- Although there exist extendable poles, those are more expensive.
- Unlike every other model of pole or rod saw, this one does not have an engine.
How to use Pole Saw?
Working with a pole saw requires carefully following the instructions. Professionals like arborists make sure that when a large chunk or branch is to be cut down or sawed, a pulley system is put in place to avoid casualty or injury.
- When using a polesaw, ensure your saw is positioned above the branch to be cut and also make sure you are positioned away from the fall area.
- A gas-powered polesaw, designed for heavy-duty work, processes its fuel and converts it to energy, and hence fumes may be released and they are usually loud.
- Using a pole-saw should begin with balance and control by the user.
- The chain or teeth of the polesaw spins around the wood and cuts the wood.
- An engine-powered polesaw processes energy through its engine which converts to kinetic energy either from the chemical source or electrical source causing the chain to spin and cut through the wood.
- The method of cutting differs between an engine-powered polesaw and a simple manual pole saw.
List of Top 7 Pole Saws online in India
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of polesaws on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good one.
So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 7 list of the best polesaws available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Worx Electric Pole Saw WG309:
This is an electric pole saw with quite a good rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 852 customer ratings. This equipment weighs 4.54kg and requires an electric source to function. It is 10-inches long with 8amps engine power equipped with auto-tension features.
- Worx Pole Saw is corded & durable equipment that has a very good performance.
- It is designed for heavy-duty work
- This is electric and has anti-tension features for effective functioning
- It is an expensive one
- When at high extension, it can be heavy.
2. Milliard 6-16 Foot Pole Saw Extendable Tree Pruner with 3-Sided Blade:
This is a saw with a 16-feet pole length. The pole shaft of this equipment comprises three pieces of extension allowing for different height pruning. And it comes with 3 sided blade.
- Milliard Pole Saw is effective for cutting materials with a diameter of 1-2 inches.
- This is a long polesaw allowing a higher reach compared to conventional saws
- It is very efficient for light pruning and trimming of branches
- It is expensive & it’s not suitable for heavy-duty work
- Its high extension can make it very dangerous for users during operation
- Low-quality parts
- This can easily bend while operating
3. FESTEL 18.04 ft Telescopic Pole Saw Skytuch FRP Tree Pruning:
This polesaw or rather pruning saw equipment has a long pole length of 18feet and it is very cheap and easy to use. This equipment is lightweight and durable.
- Festel Skytuch Pole Saw made with FRP & connectors made with nylon material that makes it more durable & solid.
- This is an inexpensive product
- It is lightweight & easy to use.
- It cannot work on wet branches or material due to the risk of electric shock
4. FESTEL 24ft Telescopic Pole Saw Skytuch FRP with Sickle & Fruit Picker:
This is produced by Festel, this cheap and long polesaw can reach up to a height of 24feet. But the recommended extension during use is about 20feet. This equipment weighs 1.95kg.
- Festel Pole Saw is not an ordinary saw since it mostly functions as a sickle or fruit picker
- And it has attachments that make these functions easy.
- This is very cheap compared to other
- It is designed for multiple purposes too
- It may be heavy when extended
5. Falcon FTP-224 Steel Three Pruner with Pole Saw in Multicolor:
This is cost-effective and very handy for pruning and trimming. It has a cutting capacity of up to 20mm. Also, this equipment weighs only 1.3 kgs.
- Falcon Pole Saw made with good quality material with the latest technology
- We can use this for the pruning of branches from trees with less effort without using a ladder.
- This is a lightweight and cost-effective product.
- You will get 6 months of warranty against manufacturing defects.
- A short rope connecting the handle to the blade could cause friction or tear quickly
6. Vimal 2 Stage Tree Pole Saw with 12 Feet Long Cutter, Alloy Steel Branch Long Reach Pole Pruning for Sawing & Shearing:
This is convenient to use and is designed to ease fatigue during operation. It is a 12-feet-long polesaw. This is cheap, lightweight, and has 2 kgs of weight.
- Vimal Pole Saw made with a strong blade that facilitates easy and quick sawing or trimming of tree branches.
- This has a blade size of 12 inches with a cutting diameter of 4 inches.
- It is an inexpensive product.
- This is easy to assemble and use as well
- Heavy during operations involving high branches
7. Vinka Tree Saw with Fibre Glass Handle Extendable up to 12 Feet:
This pole saw is extendable up to 12feet and weighs 1.6kg. It is equipped with an adjustable rod, making it easy to reach tall and high branches.
This equipment is efficient against hard and high branches since it is equipped with a hard and sharp blade for efficient operation. It can cut tree branches that are 3-inches in diameter.
- Vinka Pole Saw made with stainless steel material & its handle made with fibreglass.
- It comes with a firm locking mechanism.
- This is a very cheap product when compared to other polesaws.
- It is inexpensive and lightweight
- And it is optimized for handling of heavy tasks
- It is not designed for multipurpose use
Finding the right band saw can be hard, but with the right guide, it’s always easier. I hope this helps you to find a perfect pole saw for your works.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best pole saw for you along with valuable benefits.
1. Which is the best pole saw?
Presently, the best saw in the market is Remington RM1025SPS Ranger Electric chainsaw/pole saw combo.
2. Which is the longest pole saw?
The longest saw is Silky 179-39 with a reach of up to 26feet despite being only 6.9pounds in weight.
3. Should I buy a pole saw?
Every landscaper should have one. A pole saw is very important for pruning and trimming of high branches.
4. What thickness can a pole saw cut?
A pole saw cutting diameter is dependent on the type of saw. Generally, the cutting thickness ranges from 2inches to 10inches
5. How far does a pole saw extend?
A saw extends as far as 26feet without taking into account the operator’s height.