Mosquito spray or repellent is a substance that helps you to avoid mosquito bites. Because mosquito bites can cause itching and can sometimes lead to allergic reactions. These creatures can ruin your outdoor party or camping trip.
Summer is the season of enjoyment, outdoor parties, camping trips, and picnics. However, it is also the season when mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies thrive. Mosquitoes bites can also cause serious diseases like malaria and dengue. Also check the buyer’s guide for Room Spray, Mosquito Killer Machines, Mosquito Rackets, Mosquito Net for baby, Mosquito Repellents, Cockroach killers, Bed bug sprays & Mosquito Net for Beds in India.
It is, therefore, very important to get rid of them. It is important to spray mosquito repellent spray in areas with long grass, plants, or standing water. This article explains all the necessary details about mosquito sprays. Read on for more information on the same.
Top 7 Best Mosquito Spray Brands online in India
Buyers Guide – Mosquito Spray
When you go to buy mosquito spray, it is important to select it wisely. It is not only important for the environment, but also for your health. Also, it must not have any ingredient that harms the environment.
So, if you are going to buy an organic spray go with the one that has a combination of oil and extracts from different plants.
- Check the active ingredient in the mosquito spray.
- Some mosquito sprays are organic and some are inorganic.
- Organic sprays will have active ingredients of some plant extracts.
- While inorganic will have some chemicals as active ingredients.
- It can also come into contact with your skin or you may inhale it, so it has to be non-toxic.
- The mosquito spray that has the extract of only one plant will not be very effective.
- It will prove to be more effective & inorganic mosquito sprays, DEET is a commonly-used active ingredient.
- But some people consider it bad for their health.
- So, if you are also conscious about that, go with DEET-free mosquito sprays.
- These will have picaridin or IR-3535 as active ingredients.
- It is also a good idea to smell the spray before purchasing it.
- Some people may be allergic to the smell, so make note of that.
- If you have kids, go with mild and organic mosquito sprays.
Features of a Mosquito Repellent Room Sprays
Due to the presence of different ingredients, it will smell of chemicals or plants depending on the composition.
Below are some of the features that you should look out for in a mosquito spray:
- Mosquito Sprays will have an active ingredient that works against mosquitoes.
- It can either be a chemical or plant extract.
- A good mosquito spray should not react with the skin.
- It should not cause any itching or redness.
- A mosquito spray used to kill other small insects.
- It must be stable and resistant to water and sweat.
Types of Mosquito Sprays
Mosquito sprays of two types depending on the manufacturing process. These are Inorganic, synthetic, or chemical-based & Organic, natural, or plants (herbs)- based.
Chemical-based Mosquito Sprays
- These man made mosquito sprays manufactured in factories using chemicals that repel insects.
- The most common chemical used as an insect repellent is DEET.
- Also, the scientific name of DEET is N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide.
- It is very effective in repelling mosquitoes and preventing mosquito bites.
- This spray not only used in mosquito sprays but also in mosquito repellent lotions. Also, it is an effective and long-lasting mosquito repellent chemical.
- Another chemical used for the same purpose called picaridin or KBR 3023.
- The spray also very effective but doesn’t last very long.
- IR-3535 is another effective chemical that works best against insects.
Organic Mosquito Sprays
- These made of extracts of plants that repel insects.
- These used to spray on walls, curtains, and also easily used on the skin directly.
- A mixture of different extracts used to make it more effective.
- Plants such as garlic, basil, peppermint, cajuput, lavender, tea tree, citronella, calendula, and geranium used in their making.
How to use Mosquito Repellent Spray?
The mosquitoes are drawn to us because of the carbon dioxide we release, or our sweat, or our body smell.
- The mosquito sprays used to deter the mosquitoes by inhibiting their sense of smell.
- Ingredients used in mosquito sprays usually bear a smell that will repel the mosquitoes.
- Mosquito sprays, therefore, don’t kill mosquitoes, they just repel them.
- There are some sprays that can kill mosquitoes but they can also be detrimental to humans.
List of Top 7 Mosquito Sprays Online in India-Buyers Guide
Sometimes mosquito sprays have a strong smell that can cause headaches and can also be detrimental to people who are prone to allergies. So, buying the right mosquito spray is important.
1. Godrej HIT Fly Killer & Mosquito Spray in 400ml Quantity
This HIT mosquito spray from Godrej is also an amazing product and works well against mosquitoes and other insects too. Spray it in corners of the room and behind sofas and under the bed to drive away from the pests.
- Godrej HIT Mosquito Killer is effective for spiders, flies, and other bugs
- And it is an economical product
- This Flies spray does not kill mosquitoes, it just repels them.
- The smell is very strong.
2. HIT Fly Killer & Mosquito Spray with Lime Fragrance in 625ml Quantity
This Flies spray not only suitable to kill mosquitoes but also drive away other flying insects. The bottle contains 625 ml of repellent. When sprayed under beds and sofas, and behind the curtains, it tends to reach every corner and drive away from the insects.
- HIT Mosquito Spray is suitable for all types of insects including flying insects, ants, etc.
- It has a lime fragrance
- Different-sized packages are also available for this brand.
- When lime fragrance mixed with the repelling medicine smell, the resultant smell is unpleasant and suffocating
- It is not very effective for killing mosquitoes, they just end up hiding because of the smell
3. The Moms Co. Natural Mosquito Repellent for Babies Spray
This spray made of five natural oils and certified as a non-toxic spray. It is mild and best for kids. And it lasts for 4 hours on skin and repels mosquitoes. This is alcohol-free and any other chemical like DEET. It comes in a 100ml bottle.
- Moms Co Mosquito Spray made with a combination of lemongrass, soya oils, cedarwood, citronella, and eucalyptus.
- This smells mild so easily used on babies room
- It is effective against mosquitoes.
- Not very long-lasting. You have to apply every 2-3 hours
4. Mom & World Baby Mosquito Repellent Room Spray
This Flies room spray comes in a 100ml packing & plant-based mosquito repellent. So free from any chemical and environment friendly too. The main ingredients used in its manufacturing are oils of neem, rosemary, citronella, basil, lemongrass, and eucalyptus.
- Mom & World Mosquito Spray used indoors as well as outdoors to get rid of mosquitoes.
- The aroma smells very light so it safely used in a small baby’s room.
- It is an environment- friendly and also safe for the skin.
- The quantity of the spray is very less
- It is only effective for less than an hour
5. Bodyguard Natural Anti Mosquito Spray
This is a herbal mosquito spray best for repelling mosquitoes. As it is herbal, you can also spray it directly on your skin, it will not cause any damage. You also can spray it in the room to get rid of mosquitoes.
- Bodyguard Mosquito Spray safe for use on kids and doesn’t cause any irritation or itching.
- The smell is also mild and balm-like
- It will work for 8 hours after spraying.
- It is not a very effective product.
6. Strategi Herbal Justspray Mosquito Repellent Room Spray
This is a 100 ml herbal spray but the package contains two2 bottles. Strategi Mosquito Spray fully made of herbal products and doesn’t have any chemical or toxic products in it.
- Strategi Mosquito Spray a 100ml bottle but it is strong, so it lasts longer
- No chemical smell
- The smell is strong and not suitable for homes with babies.
7. Nutree Pure Bugaway Herbal Mosquito Repellent Oil Spray
This spray comes in a 100ml pack and available at a low price. It is a plant-based mosquito spray & made with a combination of oils from lemongrass, eucalyptus, peppermint, and extracts from many herbs.
- Nutree Mosquito Spray suitable for people of all ages.
- It is not only good as a mosquito repellent, but it also has health benefits due to its ingredients.
- The fragrance of the product is really good and feels like an air freshener.
- The new version of the spray is not as good as the previous ones
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of top 7 best Mosquito Spray Brands. So, it should be easy for you to determine which flies repellent spray will be best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best mosquito repellent for you along with valuable benefits.
What is the most effective repellent spray for mosquitos?
The most effective Flies spray against mosquitoes is the one that contains DEET. But organic sprays are also very effective. We have provided a list of the best mosquito sprays above.
What is used to spray for mosquitoes?
Insecticides used to kill mosquitoes and their larvae on a large scale, especially in parks and open spaces. For households, DEET, picaridin, IR-3535, or plant extracts used in mosquito sprays.
Does mosquito repellent work?
Yes, mosquito sprays work, especially those containing DEET. But sometimes mosquitoes become immune to specific sprays. If you are facing this issue perhaps you should change your spray.
What’s the best product to kill mosquitoes?
Chemicals work best against mosquitoes. Traps, net, and growing plants like lavender, peppermint, or marigold in your home will also work
What smells do mosquitoes hate?
Mosquitoes hate the smell of peppermint, lemongrass, basil, lavender, garlic, neem, rosemary, eucalyptus, citronella, and marigold.
Is it safe to be outside during mosquito & Flies repellent spray?
Many mosquito sprays are safe for health. But still, the smell causes sneezing and asthma conditions in allergic patients. So recommended leaving the space for some time.
What time of day should I spray for mosquitoes?
Spray when the mosquitoes are active. That is usually in the evening or night time.
How long should you wait to go outside after they spray for mosquitoes?
You have to wait for at least 30 minutes after spray.