There are different types of printers available in the market. Some of the common printers are the thermal printer, billing printer, inkjet printer, dot matrix printer, etc. A thermal printer uses heat to produce images on paper. These efficiency of these printers are greater than the standard ones.
These printers are built on advanced technology which makes it faster without compromising with the picture quality. Retail, grocery, airlines, entertainment, etc. are the common places for its use.
If you are looking for thermal printers then check out the content below. In this article, we will provide you the list of best thermal printers along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Thermal Printers in India
Buyers Guide – Thermal Printers
You need to consider a lot of factors while purchasing a thermal printer for your needs. Keep in mind that these printers do not use any ink or toner to print the labels. Thermal printers use thermal papers or wax-based ink to print the bills or receipts.
The things which you must consider while buying a thermal printer are:
- Cost or budget is the most important thing you must consider while buying a thermal printer.
- Thermal printer prices may vary from store to store as there are different brands and suppliers.
- You must compare the prices of different devices along with the features they are offering.
- The printer must be able to connect with your system or source device to give the output.
- Connectivity and ease of use must be the second thing you must look for.
- The printer must be easy to use and connect with the source device.
- The thermal printer must have an LCD along with buttons to give direct commands without connecting to the computer.
- This will save you time and will give a quick output.
Automatic Label Cutter:
- As most of the thermal printers are used for billing label cutter is one of the most desired features of the printer.
Printer Size, Printer Resolution, Speed and Volume:
- Speed and volume is the most important feature of the thermal printer as it defines efficiency.
- Always go for printers that offer greater speed than the others.
- Printer size and resolution must be taken care of for the quality of the images it will produce.
Features of Thermal Printers:
One of the best features of the Thermal Printer is that it will print the tags, receipts, and labels conveniently & effectively.
The main features of the thermal printer are as follows:
- Thermal printers are more durable than regular printers.
- They are environmentally friendly as the waste is recycled.
- It is more efficient and faster than the regular printers for printing the monochromic ones.
- These printers are inexpensive and you can select from various models and sizes.
- It has an auto-feed function that allows quick and easy label loading thus saving time.
- These printers have fewer buttons and the software used makes it easier to use.
- It makes less noise and is ideal for office use.
- These printers can print the label and label it at the speed of 6 inches per second simultaneously.
Types of Thermal Printers
Mainly thermal printers use the 2 types of printing technologies like direct thermal and thermal transfer. Let’s find out the main types of thermal printers.
The two types of thermal printers:
- These printers print images by burning dots on the paper.
- The paper is generally coated and when passes through the printer’s head the image is formed.
- These printers do not use any ribbons.
- The common example o this type of printers is the early fax machines.
Thermal Wax Transfer:
- As the name suggests the wax-based ink is used in this printer.
- This printer has a thermal transfer ribbon that has wax-based ink.
- The thermal print head melts the wax ink and transfers it to the paper where it cools down permanently.
- And the ribbon has three layers: the base material, the wax ink and the coating of the print side.
How Does Thermal Printer Work?
It’s better to know the working of a thermal printer before getting the advantages of these machines. Also, you need to decide which printing method will work best for you & your business.
Working Mechanism of These Printers:
- Thermal printers work in two different ways. The older models of the thermal printers have a heat-sensitive paper that is rolled in a container inside the machine.
- The open end of the roll is stuck to the slot. The heat of the machine reacts with the sensitive paper making its pigment change which results in the formation of an image.
- This process is used basically in older fax machines or direct thermal printers.
- For a thermal wax transfer printer, the process is different as these printers use wax-based ink.
- The modern printers use ribbon cartridges which have wax ink.
- And the paper is fixed to the slot and the print head of the printer melt the wax and transfer it to the paper permanently where it cools down.
- As this printer doesn’t use any ink they are very much cost-effective.
- The printing process is quick as compared to the regular printers.
Top 10 List of Thermal Printers in the Market:
1. HP Value Thermal Printer With 3 Years Onsite Replacement Warranty:
This printer manufactured by the HP brand which is a leading manufacturer of computer products and accessories. It has an integrated flash memory of 8 MB.
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 599 Grams
- HP Thermal Printer offers a printing speed of 250 mm per second.
- It has a USB type A connectivity.
- This printer is compatible with every operating system starting from LINUX to windows.
- It has a steel frame which increases the durability of the printer.
- The print head has a life span of 150 Km.
- Due to its popularity, it is not available in online stores.
- Mobile connectivity is not available.
2. Everycom Direct Thermal Printer with USB & 2-inch Display:
The manufacturer and supplier of this printer is Everycom brand. It is the most used and bought a thermal printer by people all over the world. And it supports Windows 7/8/10 along with android and ios devices.
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 11.5 cm x 12 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 798 Grams
- Everycom Thermal Printer comes with a built-in power supply and supports plug and play.
- It can print up to 120 mm per second.
- This machine consumes less power and has a low operating cost.
- It is compatible with Epson POS and ESC.
- The best part is the installation and maintenance of this product is very easy.
- It cannot be directly used with Android devices. You need to setup SDK.
- The use of connectivity is not efficient.
3. Scangle Thermal Printer 80 mm with Autocutter Facility:
The manufacturer and supplier of this billing printer is a Scangle brand. It is an 80 mm thermal printer that provides both LAN and USB interface.
- Scangle Thermal Printer has an auto-cutter which clips the printer paper and prevents paper loss.
- It provides an efficient and faster output at a speed of 300 mm per sec.
- This is compatible with all the operating systems.
- It supports RS232, LAN, USB, and Parallel interface.
- Also, it is compact with easy to use buttons:
- The thermal printer price is very high.
- This product is manufactured in China.
4. HOIN™ Kiosk USB Thermal Printer Receipt POS Bill Printing Support:
The manufacturer and supplier of this printer is the HOIN brand. It is a 58 mm USB thermal printer that can be used for all purposes. The noise levels are reduced allowing the user to use it in different environments.
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 12.7 cm x 12.7 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 780 Grams
- HOIN Kiosk Thermal Printer can print at a speed of 90 mm per sec or 24 lines per sec.
- It is a lightweight and compact printer which is ideal both for home and office.
- The installation of the printing paper is very easy.
- This machine is compatible with all the operating systems.
- Easy functional buttons make the printer easier to use.
- It is resistant to dust and splash.
- Mobile connectivity is not ideal.
- The drivers are outdated.
5. BluPrints Smart Thermal Receipt Printer with 2 Inch 58 mm & Bluetooth Enabled:
The manufacturer and supplier of this billing printer is Bluprints brand. It has an inbuilt battery of 1100 maH. This is a Bluetooth thermal printer.
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 7.5 cm x 4.7 cm
- Weight: 204 Grams
- BluPrints Thermal Printer has a printing speed of 75 mm per sec for both black and colorful.
- It has a printing resolution of 203 DPI.
- This is a smart & Bluetooth enabled thermal receipt printer.
- It is lightweight and has a compact design.
- 2-inch thermal roll is provided with the printer.
- This thermal printer price is expensive.
- USB connectivity is not ideal.
6. JT Xprinter Thermal Printer XP 80 mm Direct with Auto Cutter, USB & Lan Interface:
The manufacturer and supplier of this billing printer is JT brand. It has a dual interface that supports both LAN and USB. The quality of the print is the main feature of this printer.
- JT Xprinter Thermal Printer has low operating and maintenance costs as there is no ribbon or cartridge required.
- It is compatible with android and other operating systems like Windows 7 / 8 / 10 etc.
- This printer has the function to adjust the page scaling and character size.
- It has low power consumption and makes less noise.
- The cutter provided is not efficient.
- Driver update required for android connectivity.
7. CYSNO 5890K Thermal Receipt Printer BIS Certified 58MM USB & High-Speed Printing Compatible with ESC or POS Print Commands Set:
The manufacturer and supplier of this printer is CYSNO brand. It weighs about 800 grams and has a volume of 202 milliliters. This is a BIS certified Kiosk printer and supports a 58mm thermal receipt.
- Dimensions: 35 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 800 Grams
- CYSNO Thermal Receipt Printer is lightweight and has a built-in power supply.
- It supports cash drawer driving & compatible with Epson ESC/POS.
- Also, it supports bitmap and graphics or logo printing.
- It doesn’t require any maintenance as no cartridge or ribbon is used.
- This printer is compact and can be used in homes, supermarkets, restaurants, etc.
- It doesn’t have a LAN interface.
- And it doesn’t have rj45 ethernet support.
8. POSPRINT POS Thermal Printer USB 80 mm Receipt with ESC Print Commands & Auto Cutter:
The manufacturer and the supplier of this billing printer is POSPRINT. It uses a direct thermal printing method. This printer features include auto-cutter, any paper loading, paper out detection and improve working efficiency.
- POSPRINT Thermal Printer uses direct thermal printing technology.
- It has an auto-cutter to clip the printed pages.
- A USB port is provided for connectivity with the computer.
- It has LAN and Bluetooth interfaces.
- The thermal price is very expensive.
- Service and customer support are not good.
9. eprinter Kiosk Thermal Receipt Printer USB BIS Certified with POS Bill Printing & Support 58 mm:
The manufacturer and supplier of this billing printer is Eprinter brand. It is 58 mm USB billing machine which can be used in home, restaurants, etc. This comes with a built-in power supply and a small size.
- Method of Printing: Thermal line printing
- Weight: 900 Grams
- Eprinter Thermal Printer has a printing speed of 90 mm per sec and a print density of 384 dots per line.
- It is easy to use and install as well.
- The thermal printer price justifies the feature it offers.
- And the printer head has a life cycle of up to 100 Km
- This machine doesn’t require and ink or ribbon.
- It does not have a LAN interface.
- Some customer complains that it print one-sided.
10. TSC TTP 345 Thermal Transfer Desktop Barcode Printer with 300 DPI:
The manufacturer and supplier of this billing printer is the TSC brand. It can print font and barcodes also. This machine supports 8 different types of bitmap icons.
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 4.3 KGs
- TSC Thermal Printer has a large ribbon/cartridge capacity.
- It provides both direct thermal and thermal wax transfer printing.
- The print resolution is 300 DPI.
- It has a compact size that weighs nearly 5 kilograms.
- This printer is relatively heavier than the other ones.
- Connectivity is not specified.
At the present moment, you have successfully checked the list of best 10 thermal printers. So, it should be easy for you to determine which thermal printer best suits your requirements.
Now you are familiar with the features of the most popular thermal printers which are available in the market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the thermal printer along with valuable benefits.