Hiking and camping are the most common fun activity all over the world. The first thing which you need for camping or trekking is the sleeping bag. These are easy to carry and can fit in a travelling or college bag. The sleeping bags are in lightweight & easy packing.
It is most useful for sleeping when you are on outing i.e outdoor conditions. To provide warmth the bag is insulated. These bags have a cushion or sleeping pad at the bottom to provide support to your back. Most of these bags have moderate water resistance capability to allow the person to sleep in moist ground. Also, check Buyers guide for top 10 best mattress toppers, 10 best mattress protectors, Best air mattress and 10 best electric blankets available online in India.
If you are looking for sleeping bags then check out the content below. In this article, we are going to give you complete information on sleeping bags along with proper buying guide.
Best 10 Sleeping Bags in India
Buyers Guide – Sleeping Bag
Sleeping bags are very important if you are on adventure trips or trekking. The main feature of the sleeping bag is to prevent cold-weather injuries and retain your body heat inside the bag. Sleeping at night is very essential for everyone especially you are on a vacation or business trip.
And you need to consider the temperature rating and some important things whenever you are going to purchase a sleeping bag. Lightweight sleeping bags are easy to pack and highly compressible.
The things which you need to consider while buying sleeping bags are:
- The first thing which you should consider while buying a sleeping bag is the season.
- Sleeping bags are rated according to seasons.
- Some are used in summer and spring season while some are suitable for the winter season.
- The summer bags don’t provide warmth and the winter bags are meant to provide warmth to your body.
- Various types of fabrics are used in sleeping bags like nylon, polycotton, etc.
- Nylon is the most common fabrics used for both the face and inner fabrics of the bags.
- And Nylon is the most durable and breathable fabric which provides more comfort.
- Polycotton is used as inner fabric. These are softer for skin and takes more time to dry. It is not suitable for use in the colder season.
- Always go for the lighter sleeping bag which is easier to carry and store.
- If you are hiking then the weight of the bag must be less as you need to carry it all the time.
The Shape of the Bag
- It depends upon your personal choice which type of bag you want.
- They are available on various sizes like rectangle, barrel, etc.
- Some of them offer great space while some offer good insulation and warmth.
Features of Sleeping Bag
A Proper and comfortable sleeping bag has the ability to make your trip or camping successful. And it serves you long years if you choose the quality and durable bag. You can easily tackle any weather conditions with the help of sleeping bags. Now its time to find out some features of these bags.
The most common features of sleeping bags are:
- The stuff sack keeps the sleeping bag compact when not in use.
- And the stuff sack offers 4 ways of compression strap.
- This strap can be pulled to make your sleeping back compact.
- Most of the sleeping bags have inner pockets to keep your wallet and mobile phone safely.
- Sleeping bags must have insulation to provide you with warmth and comfortable sleep.
- They generally have two types of insulation: synthetic insulation and down insulation.
- Every sleeping bag has a season rating which makes the buyer or owner get information about the use of the bags.
- Season ratings are provided for use in different seasons.
- Sleeping bags have a comfort temperature rating of limit temperature and extreme temperature.
Types of Sleeping Bags
Nowadays we can easily find a wide range of sleeping bags with several features. But these differences in many types based upon the style, shape, size, used material and many other factors. If you got a proper sleeping bag then you can comfortably sleep outdoors whenever you on a trip or staying in different weather conditions.
Commonly these are divided into The different types of sleeping bags are:
Rectangular Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag is cheap and offers a lot of space. This bag offers space to turn around while sleeping and doesn’t mean to keep you warm.
Barrel-shaped Sleeping Bag
This bag not only provides space but also the warmth. It also comes with a hood to keep your head safe.
Mummy Sleeping Bag
This bag is ideal for colder seasons. These bags are lighter than the other bags hence easier to carry.
Double Sleeping Bag
As the name suggests this bag is generally for 2 adults. It has two zippers and hoods for more comfort.
Elephant’s Foot Sleeping Bag
This bag is ideal for mountaineers and provides good warmth.
How Does Sleeping Bag Works?
The sleeping bag works generally under the principle of isolation or insulation. The bags generally traps the air and doesn’t allow it to circulate. This trapped air gets heated up by the body temperature and thus provides us with warmth.
The warmth of the bag depends upon the space in the bag. If your bag has more space then it will get warm slowly than the less spacy one. As you now know how your bag keeps you warm.
Follow the steps below to use the sleeping bag properly:
- Loosen the strap to unpack your bag.
- It is recommended to do some exercise before going inside the bag.
- Place your legs inside the bag and cover your body by pulling the zip.
Top 10 List of Sleeping Bags in the Market:
You need to consider a lot of factors like material size, comforts, durability, etc in order to choose the proper one for your trip. But each sleeping bag has its own characteristics and strengths. That’s why we have made the below list with 10 quality sleeping bags along with their valuable features.
Here is the list of top 10 sleeping bags:
1. STC Sleeping Bag Cum Mattress Waterproof with Inner Blanket in Camouflage Military Green Color:
The STC is the manufacturer and supplier of the sleeping bag. It has an inner blanket that makes you feel comfortable, warm and cozy. This is ideal for 1 person only.
- Dimensions: 200 cm x 70 cm
- Used Material: Polyester & Hollow Cotton
- Weight: 299 Grams
- STC Sleeping Bag made with waterproof polyester and cotton filling which make the soft and comfortable to sleep.
- It is ideal for every season as it has an inner blanket.
- This bag is a lightweight and comes in an easy to carry bag.
- Camouflage design makes it more attractive.
- Not ideal for temperature below 5-degree centigrade.
- The inner filling gets torn easily.
2. Coleman Palmetto Sleeping Bag for Cool Weather with Thermolock & Autolock Zipper:
The manufacturer and supplier of this product are Coleman. It has a right-hand orientation. And it is a round shape sleeping bag weighing about 4.40 kilograms. This bag is ideal for cool weather camping & comes with a useful ThermoLock feature. You can also use this as a blanket with the help of full zip.
- Dimensions: 16.9 in x 10 in x 16.9 in
- Used Material: Polyester
- Weight: 4.40 KGs
- Coleman Sleeping Bag comes with soft tricot fiber blend liner & polyester cover.
- It has Zip Plow which prevents the snagging of the zipper.
- This bag has roll control which prevents the skidding of the bag when you roll.
- And the included fiber lock prevents the shifting of insulation.
- It has a certified temperature rating of 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is heavier than the trajectory bonfire sleeping bag.
- Cushioning material doesn’t justify the price.
3. AmazonBasics Sleeping Bag in Envelope Style Rectangular Shape for Adults:
Both the manufacturer and supplier of this product are the Amazon Basics. It is a single person sleeping bag that is ideal for people up to 5 feet and 11 inches. And it comes in an envelope style in a rectangular shape.
- Dimensions: 75 in x 33 in x 2 in
- Used Material: 100% Polyester
- Weight: 2.79 KGs (6.17 pounds)
- AmazonBasics Sleeping Bag made with 100% polyester fabric material and comes in a compact design.
- 100% polyester fill makes this bag durable and fast-drying nature.
- It can resist temperature between -6 degrees centigrade to 4-degree centigrade.
- You can open or close the zips in two different directions at the same time because of the #5 2-way zipper.
- It is wider than regular sleeping bags.
- The zipper is not of good quality.
- Not ideal for temperature below 0-degree centigrade.
4. Harissons Sleeping Bag Reversible Sleep Sac for Trekking, Hiking & Camping in Navy Blue and Royal Black:
The Harissons is the manufacturer and the supplier of this bag. Polyester material forms the outer built material. This bag can be carried from place to place easily. It comes with a length of 221 centimetres. Also, it is lightweight and space saver.
- Dimensions: 221 cm x 71 cm x 75 cm
- Used Material: Polyester
- Weight: 821 Grams
- Harissons Sleeping Bag made with polyester fabric material and stuffed with polyfill.
- So this bag is convenient for you and provides you comfort too.
- It is compact and space saver when you are doing outdoor activities like Hiking, Trekking, Camping or Adventure trips.
- The zipper doesn’t snag why because in this bag the channelling fabric is away from the zipper coils.
- It can withstand temperature from 22 degrees to 6-degree centigrade.
- You can use this several times with the help of the reversible feature.
- It is an extra-large size.
- While packing it gets very tight.
5. Trajectory Bonfire Sleeping Bag in Royal Blue with Wallet and Phone Pockets for Travelling, Camping Trips & Trekking:
The trajectory is the manufacturer and supplier of this bag. It weighs about 1.20 kilograms. And it is ideal for camping, trekking, and travelling. This is a mummy shaped sleeping bag.
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 18 cm x 17 cm
- Used Material: Polyester Fabric
- Weight: 1.20 KGs
- Trajectory Sleeping Bag made with high-quality 190T polyester outer side of the bag and comes with polyester lining.
- It has inner pockets that provide you with a safe place to keep your wallet and mobile.
- The broad shoulders and narrow feet to provide you with perfect warmth and comfort.
- It is ideal for summer, spring, autumn and mild winter.
- Also, it is easy to clean and carry as it is lightweight.
- Stitches are not properly done as mentioned.
- The quality of the material is not good.
- Also, the inner cloth is not provided.
6. Kefi Outdoors Sleeping Bag Sleepmate Army with Double Puller Zipper:
The brand Kefi outdoors is the manufacturer and supplier of this army design sleeping bags. It has a dimension of 80 * 30 inches which fits every person. And perfect for persons up to 6 feet 2 inches. This bag is easy to fold, lightweight and portable backpacking sleeping bags.
- Dimensions: 216 cm x 78.70 cm x 7 cm
- Used Material: Nylon and 100 % Polyester
- Weight: 1.60 KGs
- Kefi Outdoors Sleepmate Sleeping Bag made with 100% polyester fabric material.
- The high-quality double zipper makes opening and closing snag-free.
- It can withstand temperatures between -10 to 0-degree centigrade.
- Nylon and hollow fibre forms the outer and inner filling of the bag respectively.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- It is not ideal for extremely low conditions.
- The nylon used is not good.
7. Voroly Sleeping Bag Waterproof in Mummy Style for Traveling, Camping, Hiking & Backpacking:
The Voroly is the manufacturer and the supplier of these sleeping bags. It is ideal for the winter season and has perfect dimensions. Also, it’s mummy shaped sleeping bag made up of polyester.
- Dimensions: 220 cm x 80 cm x 50 cm
- Used Material: Polyester
- Weight: 1.50 KGs
- Voroly Sleeping Bag inner and outer material made with 190T high-quality polyester fabric material.
- It is the best sleeping bag for colder nights.
- This bag has heavy-duty double size zips that can resist wear and tear.
- It comes with strips & tubes of insulation across the chest and along the zipper.
- 250 GSM hollow fiber forms the filling material of the bag.
- These bags are not suitable for temperature below 10 degrees centigrade.
- The inner lining reduces comfort.
8. Kefi Outdoors Portable Sleeping Bag in Mummy Style for Hiking, Traveling, Camping & Backpacking with Compression Sack:
The Kefi outdoors is the manufacturer and supplier of these sleeping bags. It is a lightweight sleeping bag weighing about 925 grams & a mummy shaped sleeping bag. It is ideal for backpacking, hiking, and camping.
- Dimensions: 80 in x 32 in
- Used Material: Polyester
- Weight: 925 Grams
- Kefi Outdoors Sleeping Bag has supra loft insulation which provides warmth and waterproof properties.
- It has a dimension of 82 * 29 inches which can fit any child or adult up to the height of 6 feet 3 inches.
- No need to roll it up and kept in the sack because KEFI Outdoors provides a durable stuff sack for stuffing your sleeping bag easily into the sack
- The stuffing of the bag done very easily from the bottom.
- It is one of the lightest sleeping bags in the market.
- Threads come out easily.
- The zipper sometimes got stuck.
9. HANUMEX Sleeping Bag with Polyester & Waterproof for Adventure Trips, Camping, and Hiking:
The Hanumex is the manufacturer and supplier of this sleeping bag. It’s a lightweight polyester made waterproof sleeping bag ideal for camping and hiking.
- Dimensions: 220 cm x 70 cm
- Used Material: Polyester
- Weight: 1.75 KGs
- HANUMEX Sleeping Bag’s outer material made with the waterproof polyester fabric material.
- The hollow cotton filling forms the inner cushion material of the bag.
- This is cheaper than the other sleeping bags.
- It is lightweight & waterproof too.
- And it is ideal for every season.
- The zipper quality is not good.
- Not suitable for use in the winter season.
10. Inditradition Sleeping Bag Cum Mattress Waterproof with Cape in Camouflage Military Green Color:
The Inditradition is the manufacturer and supplier of this bag. This bag has good quality material and perfect for a single person. Waterproof polyester and cotton filling form the building material of the bag. It is ideal for camping, trekking, hiking and adventure trips.
- Dimensions: 200 cm x 70 cm
- Used Material: Polyester & Cotton
- Weight: 2.00 KGs
- Inditradition Sleeping Bag made with Polyester material and filled with hollow cotton.
- It is best for spring, autumn, summer and moderate winter season.
- You can easily carry this to any place also, folded, rolled and kept in the carry bag.
- The bag has a handle stitched at the bottom.
- It is lightweight and doesn’t add any extra weight to your heavy camping gear.
- It is not suitable for temperature below 8-degree centigrade.
- The inner filling not good.
Finally, you have successfully reviewed the Top 10 Best sleeping bags. So, it should be easy for you to determine which sleeping bag will meet your requirements. The quality guarantees you durability which may take over years.
First of all, you need to check the features of the most popular sleeping bags in the market before purchase. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best bag for sleeping along with valuable benefits.