Tea is the most common type of drink in the world whether it is Masala Tea or Black Tea or Green Tea. It is the main part of breakfast and evening time, in some countries of Asia especially in the subcontinent But in India, masala tea is another tea which is very common and people like it the most.
Guests are served chai and snacks. Tea is the most common thing in all the events, happiness, and festivals. Tea has different types including green tea. Black tea and white tea. The most commonly used tea is black tea.
Many people replaced tea or coffee with masala tea. People can use masala chai powder with or without milk. Through this article, you will get enough information about masala chai tea including a comprehensive buying guide.
Top 10 Best Masala Tea Brands in India
Buyers Guide – Masala Chai or Masala Tea Powder
Tea is a very common drink in every house in subcontinents. Here it is a small guide that will help you in identifying good masala chai powder. Normally people take it 1 to 2 times daily. As it is mostly consumed thing so it must be delicious and good health-wise.
Just follow below-mentioned points to get a proper masala tea brand:
- Many people drink masala tea daily and some people take it to get relief from cold as it has good ingredients.
- Masala chai must have a balanced amount of all the ingredients.
- If anyone of the spice is in the excess amount it will be prominent in taste, you will not like that tea.
- As in masala chai, black tea is also present.
- So make it sure that it must have high-quality tea leaves in it.
- Make sure it has less amount of caffeine and artificial flavors in it.
- Take that masala chai which is without sugar.
- You can add extra sugar in it if you like but if you are diabetic or on a diet than that will be spare for you.
- Check the ingredients of masala chai. Also, check the prominent ingredient.
- If you like a specific spice then you can go with specific ingredients.
- As Adrak tea, cinnamon tea, cardamom tea and many other all available. You can take it with your choice.
Features of a Masala Tea Powder
Masala Tea or black tea is flavored with many Indian spices. Spices like cardamom, peppercorns, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, aniseed, and coves. Many people love tea and they drink 5 to 6 cups of tea a day easily.
Let’s find out the features of this tea powder:
- Masala tea has the best quality of tea leaves.
- Different types of leaves are combined to make it.
- It is because some tea leaves have good taste, some have good color and some have well fragrant.
- So tea is made by combining all of them.
- Cardamom is present in it to give it a good smell.
- It also helps in the digestion of food and the lowering of blood sugar.
- Cloves are present which boost the immune system for fighting against diseases.
- Cinnamon increases the taste and helps in boosting the immune system.
And more features:
- It will give you relief in cough and cold.
- Black pepper has a good taste and aroma so that it will give the tea a unique taste.
- Ginger is also present in masala tea.
- It will help in the digestion of food so it can help in weight loss.
- Good masala chai will have all these ingredients which will not only improve the taste but also increase its health benefits.
- That masala chai will be good which will have all these ingredients inaccurate and balanced amount.
- This tea is also available in different flavors including honey, orange and many more.
- Mostly people like to drink tea/masala tea in Steel tea cup for additional taste.
Types of Masala Tea Powders
It’s very important to find out the types of masala tea brands. This chai has a unique taste of black tea, spices blended with milk. Spices enhance the flavor and taste of tea and have many health benefits.
Masala tea has the following types:
- This is black tea which is served with lemon.
- This tea is best for digestion of food.
- People take it after eating heavy meals.
- It very delicious tea which is served on traditional occasions.
- It is normally called black tea.
- This tea is made with cardamom, gunpowder tea, water, milk, and baking soda.
- It is served with chopped dry fruits.
- You will love this tea if you are truly a tea lover.
- This tea is black tea having a strong taste of tulsi or basil.
- It is very good for the regulation of blood sugar levels, regulating respiratory problems, and maintaining oral health.
- This tea has soothing taste and aroma which helps in beating stress and make you calm and relaxed.
Bombay Cutting Chai
- This tea is very common and popular in India.
- It is made by combining cardamom and ginger with black tea.
- Also, it has many health benefits because of the presence of cardamom and ginger.
- This tea has a strong effect on elaichi or cardamom.
- You can add 2 to 3 cardamoms in black tea and boil with adding milk in it.
- It will help in weight loss and will fight with depression and stress.
- You will get a perfect cup of cardamom tea.
- It has a prominent flavor of ginger in it.
- This tea is complimented with honey or sugar.
- It will help in the digestion of food.
- Also, this will help in the prevention of respiratory illness and chest congestion.
- It is the best tea to take in cold and cough.
- But many people don’t like the taste of ginger.
How to make a Masala Tea?
The spices present in masala chai have many health benefits. Each and every spice has its own medicinal benefit. Some are good for digestion, some for improving the immune system. And some have hot nature and gives relief from cold and few fights with stress and help in mind-calming.
Basically masala chai having all the below ingredients will help you in many ways.
- Cloves, cardamom, and basil will help in improving the food digestion process.
- Ginger has hot nature and will soothe your chest if you have cough and congestion.
- Basil has the additional quality of mental relaxation.
- Cinnamon will improve the immune system and is also good for cough.
- Cardamom is good for saliva production and bad breath of mouth.
- In this way, all these ingredients will give a good impact on health.
Masala Tea Making Process:
- Boil water and add the milk depends upon your quantity.
- Then add the ingredients like ginger, cloves, cardamom, basil or cinnamon.
- Add the tea leaves when the milk starts boiling.
- Then boil it on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- The whole process will be completed after colour starts changing.
- Now tea is ready to taste.
List of Top 10 Best Masala Tea Powder Brands in India
Always you need to choose quality masala chai powder or tea leaves or tea bags. Here we are providing the list of 10 masala tea powders along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. VAHDAM India’s Masala Leaves Assam Black Chai Tea
This is a traditional Indian tea which contains all a lot of spices in it. Vahdam masala tea is black tea containing cardamom, black pepper, clove, and cinnamon. Spices present in it have many beneficial effects and boost the immune system.
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 8.7 cm x 6.7 cm
- Available Form: Leaf
- Weight: 99.8 Grams
- VAHDAM Masala Tea Leaves has a high level of caffeine and comes in a vacuumed pack.
- This VAHDAM Masala chai is a great tea for weight loss and boosting the immune system.
- If someone doesn’t lie it the company provides a money-back guarantee.
- By using this tea powder you can make masala chai with or without milk.
- It is available in different flavors too.
- Its price is slightly high.
- Aroma of tea is not good and some customers complained that it is more like green tea.
2. Organic India Tulsi Masala Chai in 100 GM Tin
This tea is specifically tulsi or basil tea which means it will have all the benefits of basil. It has a lot of antioxidants in it. This is very good for the immune system and gives relief in cold. Other ingredients include cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, mace, and nutmeg. Organic Tulsi tea comes in a 100-gram pack.
- Dimensions: 15.2 cm x 7.2 cm x 7.2 cm
- Available Form: Leaf
- Weight: 99.8 Grams
- Organic India Masala Tea main ingredients are Rama Tulsi, Krishna Tulsi, and Vana Tulsi
- Organic India Masala chai is best for the winter season as it gives relief from cold.
- Also, its flavor is good even without milk.
- Taste and aroma of tulsi are good for reducing stress.
- It will help to fight against depression and will release stress levels.
- The only ad thing about it is that it is slightly higher in price.
3. Waghbakri Spiced Masala Spices Tea Box in 250g Quantity
This masala chai has a blend of seven different Indian spices. It is a very refreshing tea having fresh black tea leaves. Wagh Bakri tea is strong in taste and aroma.
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 10 cm x 30 cm
- Available Form: Loose Leaf
- Weight: 249 Grams
- Wagh Bakri Masala Tea made with seven authentic Indian spices & rich premium fresh leaves.
- It is one of the most authentic Indian masala chai recipe.
- This Wagh Bakri Masala chai is suitable for microwaving too.
- Revive yourself with this refreshing spiced tea
- It is strong tea so you cannot drink it without milk.
- If you drink mild or light tea then this is not for you.
4. Tetley 50 Tea Masala Bags in 100g Quantity
This is also a popular masala tea in India which has a good blend of different masalas in it. The pack contains 50 tea bags cachets. It has an amazing taste and aroma.
- Dimensions: 1 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm
- Available Form: Tea Bags
- Weight: 99.8 Grams
- Tetley Masala Tea made with aroma of spices & warming flavors infused with black tea.
- Its taste is really very good when you take it with sugar or honey.
- This Tetley masala chai brand is very affordable.
- It has many different flavors having different combinations of spices.
- Its packaging is very good which keeps the flavor safe.
- One teabag is not enough for the exact flavor.
- Its aroma fades out quickly. And it has artificial flavors in it which means less amount of original masala.
5. Girnar Tea Sachets Instant Premix with Spices
Pack of his tea contains 10 small single-serving sachets having sugar in it. It contains cardamom, black pepper, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. You don’t have need to cook this tea. Just pour the tea in cup and add hot water and stir for a good cup of masala chai.
- Dimensions: 15.2 cm x 10.2 cm x 4.6 cm
- Available Form: Leaf
- Weight: 141 Grams
- Girnar Masala Tea Powder is a combination of Natural tea extract & mixture of aromatic Indian spices.
- It is good if you don’t have time to cook tea but need a good cup of tea.
- The taste of this instant tea is amazing.
- This Girnar Masala chai instant tea having a blend of very good Indian spices which gives good aroma.
- This tea has very strong spices so it smells very spicy and strong.
- Sugar quantity is less for sweet loving people.
6. Girnar Royal Cup Masala Tea in 500g Pouch
This tea comes in a pouch of 500 grams quantity. It is from Assam tea which means this will have good quality black tea leaves in it. And it is one of the best choices for tea lovers in India.
- Dimensions: 25.3cm x 14.7 cm x 5.8 cm
- Available Form: Assam CTC Leaves
- Weight: 481 Grams
- Girnar Royal Cup Masala Tea is a premium blend of handpicked Assam CTC leaves.
- The color and taste of this tea is natural and good.
- Overall the tea is best and affordable.
- Its an ideal pick for all Indian chai lovers.
- This Girnar Royal masala chai makes a full-bodied cup of strong chai with a heady aroma.
- Some customers found it just ok according to their taste.
7. The Tea Trove Assam Black Tea Bags Masala Chai with Organic Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger & Clove
This tea has a blend of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Assam masala tea is one of the best masala tea available in India. It has a medium level of caffeine. This tea helps in weight loss and lowering of blood cholesterol levels.
- Dimensions: 10.6 cm x 7.9 cm x 7.3 cm
- Available Form: Tea Bags
- Weight: 109 Grams
- The Tea Trove Assam Black Masala Tea made with Ginger, Assam CTC Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, and Cloves.
- It is very good tea having a balanced amount of all ingredients.
- Caffeine level is medium and has many other flavors and types.
- They give one extra teabag at free of cost.
- A pack of this tea contains 20 tea bags.
- It’s a perfect blend of spices finest black tea.
- Tea Trove Assam Black Masala chai price is reasonable.
- Customers complained about the service of the company and about bad packing.
- Its price is higher than other masala chai.
8. The Tea Trove Sampler with 4 TEAS, 100% Natural Spices for rich & flavorful Hot India Masala Chai
This company is offering different types of masala tea. Their variety includes Assam tea, Bombay Cutting Chai, Masala Chai, Punjabi Masala, Kolkata Kasseri Chai and much more. These samplers are good for weight loss and body detoxification.
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 4 cm x 10 cm
- Available Form: Leaves
- Weight: 18.10 Grams
- The Tea Trove Masala Tea Sampler assortments are blended with natural & authentic Indian spices and herbs.
- It is packed in 3-layers resealable foil pack that locks in maximum aroma, taste & freshness.
- Taste of every tea is great and the ingredients are balanced.
- The spices and ingredients of the tea give amazing aroma.
- Such ingredients are used in the tea which helps in weight loss.
- Some of the tea also have added sugar in them.
- Some customers are not satisfied with the company’s services and packages.
- Few people did not like the aroma and taste of the tea.
9. Cambridge Tea Party Masala Chai Powder with 8 Spices Masala Chai in 250g Quantity
This is an authentic recipe of tea having 8 different masalas. It comes in a 250-gram pack and 1 teaspoon is enough for one cup of tea. Cambridge is one of the best tea brands in the world.
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 15 cm x 22 cm
- Available Form: Leaf
- Weight: 249 Grams
- Cambridge Tea Party Masala chai main ingredients are lemongrass, cinnamon, cloves, basil, nutmeg, ginger, and black pepper.
- It’s 100 percent natural tea means No preservatives, sugar, and milk powder
- And it has a delicious taste and aroma.
- A combination of 8 spices is very good for health.
- This is sourced fresh from the best tea plantations in the world.
- The company is not giving proper information on the pack and is misleading.
- Also, the quality of the ingredients is not very good and the taste is very light.
10. First Bud Organics Masala Homemade Chai PowderHelps in Cold and Cough Immunity Booster
This is one of the old authentic recipes of Indian masala chai. It is homemade with no artificial flavor and a perfect blend of masalas and tea. You can make a perfect cup of tea by boiling it in water and adding milk in it.
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 10.2 cm x 7.6 cm
- Available Form: Tea Powder
- Weight: 40.80 Grams
- First Bud Organics Masala Tea Powder contains nutmeg, ginger, mace, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, peppercorn, and cloves.
- This tea is free from any harmful chemicals or products and is best for boosting the immune system.
- It is totally homemade which means free from artificial flavors.
- This tea is very healthy and it will help you fight with cold and flu.
- A small amount of tea is enough to make perfect tea so it is economic.
- Some customers complained about the quality of spices.
What is masala tea?
Masala tea is simply black or green tea with additional flavors of spices. This is made by adding herbs or Indian masalas including cardamom, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and black pepper, etc. These spices not only add tastes in tea but also give very good aroma. Also, this is good for health for boosting of the immune system because of these spices.
How to make masala tea?
This is available in the market in the form of tea bags and big packs. You just have to boil water add a teaspoon of masala tea in it. Add milk in it and boil well and the tea is ready. Instant tea is also available. You can also make it with home spices of your choice.
What is masala tea good for?
Masala chai or tea is good for refreshing and reduces body pain and inflammation. As it has a variety of spices so is good for boosting the immune system. This is good for getting relief from cough, flu, and temperature. You can also take it if you want to diet because it increases the metabolic system of the body.
Is masala tea good for weight loss?
As different masalas are present in masala chai which increases the metabolism of the body. This tea also helps prevention from bloating. It helps in the fast digestion of food especially cardamom and ginger present in it. So this tea help in weight loss if combined with exercise and diet.
Which is the best masala tea?
Here are many best products of masala chai available in the market which you can easily buy. Our recommendations for it are Assam black tea, Wagh Bari tea, Tetley masala, and garner royal masala.
Is masala tea the same as chai tea?
This tea is basically black or green tea. The only difference between tea and chai is the spices present in masala tea. Normal tea only contains tea leaves, sugar, and milk. This has an additional variety of spices like cloves, cardamom, tulsi, black pepper, etc.
Is there caffeine in masala tea?
This tea is made by brewing green or black tea leave and adding other spices in it. As black tea contains a small amount of caffeine so obviously this chai will also have a small amount of caffeine.
What is masala tea made of?
Masala tea is made up of black or green tea leaves brewed for enhancing flavor. Then extra spices including cardamom, cloves, tulsi, black pepper, ginger, lemongrass, cinnamon, and nutmeg, etc. These spices are added to enhance the flavor and aroma of tea.
What does masala tea taste like?
In masala tea a combination of spices is present. Every spice has its own specific taste so masala chai tastes amazing having tasted of all spices. If all the spices are inaccurate quantity then it will taste amazing. But if the quantity of specific masala exceeds it can have a tangy and unpleasant taste.
Is masala tea is good or coffee?
Masala chai is better because it has less amount of caffeine. It also helps in the increase of metabolic system and good for cough and flu. So this tea is healthier than coffee.
At present, you have successfully checked the list of Best Masala Tea Powder brands in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which masala chai powder best suits your taste.
Now you are familiar with the features of the most popular masala tea powders which are available in the Indian market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a proper choice of chai or tea making powders.