A jigsaw machine is a heavy-duty portable cutting tool that is used for cutting curves or shapes on metal and wood. It is the only powerful portable tool that can be used for shaping curves. Also, this feature makes it an essential part of every woodworker’s shop.
This handy tool is perfect for cutting through lumber of varying densities and thicknesses. Moreover, it can also be used for cutting drywall, fiberglass, and steel if the right blades are attached to it. Also, Check the buyer’s guide for pruning Saws, chain saw machines, circular saw machines, Oscillating saw, chop saw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, table saw Machines, hacksaws & Pole saws.
Jigsaws are efficient and reliable enough to replace the requirement of expensive adjustable table saws for making bevel cuts. In this article, we are providing you with some of the best jigsaw Machines along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Jigsaw Machines in India
Buyers Guide – Jig saw Machine
Cordless jigsaws are known for being somewhat less productive as they are less powerful and sometimes you will experience variable speeds. Before purchasing a jigsaw, one needs to be sure of the quality and the purpose of the tool.
The following features need to be considered in order to pick the perfect jigsaw based on your preferences:
- A vast majority of the corded jigsaws we see in the market range from 5 and 7amps in intensity.
- Although 5amp or 7amp doesn’t seem to be hugely different, for tools required to cut and shape objects, it is an enormous difference.
- The 7amp jigsaws are a little more expensive, but they are best for slicing through troublesome or thick materials.
- If you chose a cordless jigsaw, the power of the jigsaw will be considered in volts rather than amps.
- If you need a jigsaw just for a few projects, the weight won’t make any difference.
- The more regularly you utilize the jigsaw, the more the weight matters.
- A heavier saw is going to hop around much less and give you some additional smoothness while operating.
- The drawback of the heavy jigsaw is that it makes you tired more quickly.
- This is a very helpful feature in cutting wood more efficiently.
- The operator needs to have the ability to change the speed of the jigsaw with the trigger.
- A few jigsaws have speed settings that are not accessible by your finger.
- The variable speed trigger involves inclination.
- Some accomplished carpenters feel as if they should have the option to control the apparatus in their grasp to prop a steady cut up.
Features of Jigsaw Machine
Jigsaw machines are suitable for cutting and shaping complex wood pieces. They are also handy when it comes to making crosscuts.
Just consider below-mentioned features while choosing a jigsaw:
- Most of the expensive jigsaws come with two main features – variable speed and orbital action.
- A standard jigsaw’s blade moves solely in a back and forth motion.
- Whereas an orbital action jigsaw moves the blade up and down as well as back and forth.
- Most jigsaws provide a cut of up to 2 inches deep into lumber pieces and roughly ½ inch into metal objects.
- There are jigsaws in the market that offer slightly deep cuts.
- However, there is a high chance of the blade bending or breaking while making deeper cuts.
- This product can be found with many different models offering different and extensive features.
- Also, providing the same basic cutting features that are suitable for general purposes.
Types of Jigsaw Machines
Jigsaw machines are divided into two main types – cordless and corded. They are further divided based on their types of blades.
- A cordless jigsaw comes without a wire and is equipped with a powerful rechargeable battery.
- This makes the tool a very portable, handy, lightweight machine.
- However, they aren’t as powerful as the corded ones.
- There are different kinds of blades that can be attached to this tool.
- Each blade is made suitable for various materials.
- The common types of blades are carbon steel, bi-metal, and carbide.
- The most convenient and common is the carbon steel blade which is ideal for cutting materials like PVC pipes and wood.
- Bi-metal blades are more powerful than carbon steel blades and mainly used for cutting metals.
- The carbide blades are similar to the bi-metal blades, however, they are more powerful and can smoothly cut through harder objects.
How Does Jigsaw Machine Work?
A jigsaw machine is an essential tool for cutting materials into different forms and shapes. This powerful tool is equipped with a strong blade used for cutting through objects like wood, laminate, PVC, and metals. This tool is engineered to help cut straight or even curved shapes through objects.
- A jigsaw machine is fitted with a powerful motor, strong grip, cord, and most importantly, a sharp strong blade that executes the main purpose.
- Most of the jigsaws equipped with a 6amp motor are capable of providing up to 3,000 strokes per minute.
- Not all blades are designed to cut through different objects, therefore, each material requires a different type of blade.
- It is important to choose the appropriate blade before starting the task as there might be a chance you won’t be able to get the job done
- As the blade might not cut through the object and most probably bend and get damaged.
- For instance, a bi-metal blade can cut through tough objects such as metals whereas a carbon-steel blade can only cut through PVC and wood.
List of Top 10 Jigsaw Machines to Buy Online in India
Most of the jigsaws can be adjusted to an angle of 0-45 degrees. This powerful tool can also be found in cordless models. But before buying them, please note the points made below that may help you make an informed decision.
1. DEWALT DW349 Heavy-Duty saw with 500W & 3 Position Pendulum Action:
This is from the DeWalt brand & it is a heavy-duty jigsaw that is a compact and powerful tool. This tool is engineered to make straight, angled, and also circular cuts. The product comes with a built-in flashlight for operating in the dark, a dust removal shield, and weighs 2.9kg.
- DeWalt Jigsaw machine is best for cutting through materials like lumber, aluminium, and other objects with similar properties.
- It comes with a tool-less instant blade changing facility
- Also, it comes with an adjustable speed
- This has a great balance due to its weight
- It has a pendulum and tilts feature.
- Heavy product
- Only one blade provided
- Also, this is an expensive one
2. Black & Decker Jigsaw KS900EKX with 600-Watt, Variable Speed Slightline & Autoselect Pendulum:
This model of jigsaw by Black & Decker is a 600-watts compact powerful tool that can be operated with only one hand. It comes with an adjustable stroke rate option ranging from 800 to 3200 strokes per minute.
The tool allows making an angular cut at an adjustable angle of 0-45 degrees, with a cutting depth of 85mm for wood, 15mm for aluminium, and 5mm for steel.
- Black+Decker Jigsaw machine made with a powerful motor fitting that makes it faster to cut through materials.
- It comes with a sightline feature for cutting straight
- This has a magnetic cabinet for storing the blades
- Attachable to vacuum cleaners for dust removal.
- The tool supports both, U and T shank blades with an adjustable pendulum feature.
- Expensive one
3. MAKITA JIGSAW 4327 with 450W Power:
This is from Makita Power Tools & it is ideal for DIYers and also professionals. Additionally, the design and weight, minimize the vibration motion bringing more accuracy and precision to the task. This tool can cut through 6mm of steel and 65mm of wood objects.
- Makita 4327 Jigsaw machine is a light-duty tool designed for general cutting purposes.
- It produces only minimal vibration.
- The compact size & design of this product make it comfortable and controllable for the users.
- This equipment is a compact and lightweight product.
- Expensive one
4. Bosch Jigsaw GST 700 Plastic in Blue
The Bosch GST 700 is a compact powerful jigsaw best for professional woodworkers and also beginners. Although, it can be used for cutting plastic and metal objects. It comes with the features of an adjustable stroke rate as well as a 4 orbit pendulum effect.
- Bosch GST Jigsaw machine is designed especially for woodworks.
- It comes with a slim handle for better grip
- This equipment has a lightweight design.
- You will get 6 months of warranty on this product.
- Without pointer or guide for cutting straight
5. IBELL Professional JIGSaw with 700W, LED, 3 Blades, 84 Inches Cord & Carrying Case:
This is a powerful tool that comes with many great features. It has an adjustable speed regulator with six options ranging between 500 to 3000 strokes per minute. Another fascinating feature of this product is that it comes with a trigger lock which is ideal for making longer cuts.
- iBELL Jigsaw machine is a multipurpose, heavy-duty tool Handy carry case.
- Its features include the options of making bevel cuts ranging up to 45 degrees in both the left & right direction.
- It comes with an orbital action with 4 positions.
- This has a pendulum effect with 4 stages, and a tool-free blade changing option.
- Has heavyweight of 3kgs
6. JPT Heavy-Duty Jigsaw Machine with Variable Speed Setting & 04 Pcs Orignal Bosch Jigsaw Blades
The JPT heavy-duty jigsaw machine is the best model for cutting metal and wood. The product featured with options allowing up to four adjustments to the orbit of the saw.
It powered by a 5amp motor that can generate an adjustable stroke speed up to 3000 strokes per minute. Also, it can make bevel cuts ranging from 0-45 degrees.
- JPT Jigsaw machine equipped with an enhanced wire guard to provide better visibility for accurate cuts.
- It comes with a cutting capacity of 80mm on wood & 8mm on metal objects.
- 4 Bosch blades included in the product package.
- This equipment has lightweight.
- Expensive one
7. TOOLSCENTRE Metal Ingco Jigsaw Machine with 650W, Variable Speed & Blade Set for Wood Cutting 5 Pieces in Orange
This is from the TOOLSCENTRE brand & it is a powerful lightweight tool engineered to carry out professional and heavy-duty cutting tasks. It featured with a 4 pendulum action, adjustable speed trigger enabling it to cut through wood 80mm deep.
- TOOLSCENTRE Ingco Jigsaw made with a powerful 650-watt motor.
- It comes with a deep cutting capacity
- 5 pieces of blade included in the package.
- This product is efficient and handy for cutting at circular corners.
- Not very efficient for hard objects like metal
8. FERM JSM1014 Electric Jigsaw machine with 710W, Variable Speed Cuts up to 45 degrees, 4 Pendular positions, Parallel Guide, 3 T-Shank Saw Blades, Hex Key & Dust Extraction Adapter
The Ferm JSM 1014 made for cutting through workpieces such as wood, plastic, drywall, ceramic tiles, and metal. The compact size of this model makes it easier to access difficult corners for cutting. It has an adjustable miter cut up to 45 degrees, and an adjustable speed range of 800 to 3000 strokes per minute. Also, this tool equipped with an extra-long 3m cable.
- FERM JSM1014 Jigsaw machine made with a powerful 710-watts motor.
- It comes with a deeper cutting capacity.
- The cutting capacity of this tool is 110mm on wood and 10mm for metal objects.
- You will get 3-meters long cable with this product.
- Higher vibration.
9. POWERTUFF, YOCA, AND FOREVER Tools & Hardware Jigsaw Machine with 5 Pieces Blades, Variable Speed for Metal, Aluminium & Wood Cutting
This is from the POWERTUFF, YOCA, AND FOREVER brand & it is featured with cutting options for metal, wood, and aluminium. It can cut up to 70mm through lumber, with an adjustable speed range. Additionally, this product comes with 5 pieces of blades feasible for cutting metal and wood objects.
- POWERTUFF, YOCA, AND FOREVER Jigsaw made with an economical heavy-duty 710 watts motor.
- This is a lightweight and handy tool
- It comes with free 5 jigsaw blades for cutting wood & metals.
- Also, it comes with a cutting length of 70mm.
- This has a variable speed trigger that improves the quality of cut through various materials and tasks.
- Not durable
10. Agnii Yuri Advance Powerful Jigsaw Machine with 570 Watt, 2 Bosch Blades For Wood & Metal Cutting Combo From Toolsvilla
The Agnii/Yuri 570 watts jigsaw a cheap, yet powerful, tool engineered to cut metal and wood objects. The tool featured with an adjustable cutting speed rate of 800 to 3000 strokes per minute. And a cutting depth of 65mm for wood and 8mm for metal.
- Agnii Jigsaw machine made with a 570-watt motor.
- It comes with a miter adjustment ranging from 0-45 degrees
- This equipment is an affordable product
- It is a handy and lightweight tool.
- Not a durable product
Jigsaw machines are compact and easy-to-use tools for cutting through hard surface objects. The characteristics of this tool make it versatile and essential for tasks that require cutting and shaping objects into a particular shape. It is a portable, lightweight, and heavy-duty tool that is ideal for woodworkers. This simple tool used for various tasks. More importantly, it operated by professionals as well as beginners.
Hope this buyers guide will really help you in buying the best Jigsaw machine that is best suits your requirement.
What is the usage of a jigsaw?
A jigsaw a compact, handy hardware used for cutting shapes in objects such as wood, fibreglass, metal, and drywall. This product is ideal for reaching corners and edges that are normally hard to cut with other tools.
Can I cut a 2×4 with a jigsaw?
With a slow pace of speed and consistency, it is very easy to cut objects into 2×4 with a jigsaw blade.
What are the parts of a jigsaw?
A standard jigsaw made with the following components blade, blade clamp, blade guard, blade motion guide, dust extraction port, shoe or footplate, handle for grip, a lock-on button, laser guide, dust blower, motor air vents and a speed controlling regulator.
What is the price of a jigsaw?
The prices of a jigsaw can vary based on the brands and the features of the tool. The prices can range from Indian Rs 1,500 to 12,000. However, the average price of a durable and high-quality jigsaw is between Indian Rs 2,500 -4,000.
What is the difference between an orbital jigsaw and a regular jigsaw?
In an orbital jigsaw setting, the blade made to function in a manner that enables it to move in a slightly aggressive forward and backward motion. And simultaneously moving up and down, whereas with a standard jigsaw setting the blade just moves in an up and down motion.
How do you use a jigsaw step by step?
The operation of the jigsaw not complicated. However, basic instructions and guidelines required to execute the task proficiently.
The steps include:
- Selecting and fitting the right blade is important to make sure the object you wish to cut.
- Keep in mind you need to attach the blade perfectly once it is done.
- Plug-in the cable or attach the power pack if it is a cordless jigsaw.
- Wear a dust mask and safety goggles.
- Also, position the object on a balanced surface for precision and accurate results.
- Press the trigger and adjust the speed according to your desire and compatibility of the object.
- Guide the blade on to the object with a firm and steady grip and cut out the object according to the required shape.
What are the benefits of using a jigsaw?
The jigsaw is an ideal tool to use for cutting objects. The tool is very simple to use and, most importantly, it is comfortable and safe to use. Its design is helpful for us to make cutting easy and less tedious.
In addition to cutting and shaping wood, it can help cut through hard surface objects like fiberglass, steel, and also drywall. The tool is efficient for making bevel cuts, straight cuts, and angled cuts. Moreover, a jigsaw is one of the few cutting tools that are portable.
What are the different types of jigsaw blades?
The most common and popular types of blades are carbide, carbon steel, and bi-metal. The carbon steel blade is very convenient for cutting objects like PVC and wood. Bi-metal blades are powerful and mainly used for cutting hard surface objects like metals.
Carbide blades have similar properties like the bi-metal blades. But these are more powerful and used for cutting larger materials.