Helmets provide safety to your head. And helmet lock makes your helmets safe. In this busy life, helmets have become a necessity. Especially when you need to rush from one place to another on your bikes. So it is just so unfair to be careless about the safety of the savior.
You cannot carry your helmets everywhere with you to keep them safe from thieves. Even sometimes you forget your helmet somewhere. These also prevent this. Helmet locks give you a safe and convenient way of keeping your helmet. Also, check the buyer’s guide for a list of best ladies’ helmets, Men’s helmets & helmet cameras in India.
Also, these are very important to get security for your expensive helmet. In this article, we are providing you with some of the best helmet locks along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Helmet Locks in India
Buyers Guide – Helmet Lock
One of the best methods to secure your helmet is a helmet lock. so you need to choose the proper helmet lock to protect your valuable helmets. And the helmet is one of the most gear of your bike accessories.
When deciding on a lock for your helmet, you must consider the following things:
- The more the helmet is made up of steel especially the heat-treated steel, the more durable it is considered.
- In addition, those having a protective covering around the cable resist more against the scratches and dust from the outside.
- Those having a plastic or PVC coating are more durable comparatively.
- This is another important feature to look for.
- If you always forget your keys or have some trouble carrying them, you should never go for the locks that require a key to be unlocked.
- They should go for combination locks. Whereas, for those who always struggle with remembering numbers and their combinations, combination locks are a big no.
- They should go for the alternative.
- The lock must be user-friendly.
- Those who have big-sized helmets require a long strap or cable of the lock.
- The cable covering should also be very comfortable to hold.
- It is another important factor.
- Your lock must hold your things in extreme conditions.
- For instance, it must not rust immediately when exposed to rain or doesn’t melt at high temperatures.
Features of a Helmet Lock
Helmet locks possess a number of distinguishing features. The helmet lock is always provided ultimate protection to the helmet and convenient to use as well.
- Many of the helmet locks are portable so you can take them anywhere with you.
- However, a lot of them can be attached to the bike only.
- Some have a self-coiling wire that gives strength to the lock.
- Helmet locks come with cut-resistant cables.
- Mainly helmet locks made with plastic or metal or polymer materials.
- And these are portable and has lightweight only.
Types of Helmet Locks
Nowadays so many companies manufacture helmet locks in several types with useful features. There are mainly three types of helmet locks available and each has its own distinct features as described below.
The main types of helmet locks are as follows
Carabiner Style Helmet Lock
- These are the most interesting sort of helmet locks that give a tough time to the thieves.
- These comprise a programmable four-digit code system.
- You can set and change the codes according to your own will and requirement.
- And the best thing about these locks is that you don’t need to take care of the keys and also there is no danger of losing the keys.
- These consist of a long strap having mostly a cable inside it.
- You can lock your helmet along with your other luggage such as jackets, mufflers, etc. within its strap.
- It is quite similar to the lock strap. But it consists of a cable lock.
How to use a Helmet Lock?
It is necessary to know the working mechanism of a helmen lock in order to get the full advantages. Modern helmets come with an in-built lock feature. And these are the easiest ways to lock your helmet with your bike.
Most of the locks possess locks with keys and cables that wrap around the helmet and the bike and refrain them from being lost or stolen. While some have combination locks to serve the same purpose.
List of Top 10 Best Helmet Locks in India-Buyers Guide
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of helmet locks on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your time looking for a good one. So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 10 list of the best helmet locks available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Btwin Decathlon Helmet Lock for Bike
This bike lock comes with 150 meters length long cable. It has 8 millimeters of thickness.
- Btwin Decathlon Helmet Lock is made with a transparent plastic coating around the cable
- It is a stylishly simple lock & comes with a very long cable lock
- The material quality is superb as it does not rust easily.
- It has a smooth locking and unlocking system so very easy to handle
- The lock is a bit flimsy
- You have to keep the keys with you and keep them safe otherwise you would not be able to open your helmet lock
2. WINTECH Helmet Lock Heavy For Bike, Cycle & Luggage With Mounting Cycle Holder
This is a very stylish modern lock system without any traditional key system. It comes with a 4-Digit bicycle combination lock and it is very easy to use.
- WINTECH Helmet Lock is made with a strong, flexible & cut resistance steel cable along with PVC coating.
- The best thing about this lock is that you can set the combination code according to your own choice and even reset it which is not an easily available feature
- It is available at a very reasonable price.
- The quality of the material used is very good
- The cable used for the lock is not quite thick but if it’s serving the purpose that’s not the issue
- Sometimes it sticks while unlocking which is a common problem of many locks that open with number codes
3. Autofy 4 Digits Helmet Lock with Universal Multi-Purpose Steel Cable in Black & Orange
This is a very eye-catching and premium-looking lock with a steel wire coated with the covering of rubber. It is a robust spine of the steel wire with 1.2 cm in diameter inside. And it has a coating with premium quality rubber with very high density.
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 5 cm x 2 cm
- Material: Steel & Rubber
- Weight: 49.9 Grams
- Autofy Universal Helmet Lock is made with the robust spine of steel wire along with premium quality rubber coating.
- It is very lightweight which makes it a very easy-to-carry helmet lock.
- The combination of code numbers can be set as many times as you desire so it will not create a problem if somebody gets to know your code.
- You can change code combinations easily.
- The grip of the helmet is very good due to the presence of the rubber coating
- The length of the cable is not very long to fit all kinds of helmets. Sometimes its length becomes short to hold the helmet
- It takes time to unlock the lock as it requires the setting of the numbers
4. Easy4buy Helmet Lock for Bike, Luggage, Device, Garage Door & Grill
This is a very stylish & nice-looking lock. It is simply installing the bracket on your bike. This is a multipurpose heavy-duty chain lock and comes with 2 keys.
- Dimensions: 14.6 cm x 13.2 cm x 2.6 cm
- Material: Iron & Nylon
- Weight: 481 Grams
- Easy4buy Bike Helmet Lock is made with the finest grade heat-treated stainless steel along with an anti-slip nylon cover.
- Its length is good enough for almost all sizes of helmets and bikes.
- The covering is made of nylon which is also very durable and prevents dust.
- It can serve as a multi-purpose because of its length
- Also, it is a very different one compared to other traditional locks
- The lock seems to be delicate but can serve good for short term purposes
- It may easily be prone to corrosion
5. SteelBird Helmet Lock with Transparent PVC Cover in Black
This seems to be a very durable lock composed of steel pipe with insulation of plastic. It is an indigenously manufactured quality product from the house of Alfa locks. And it looks not only sturdy but also beautiful.
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 12.2 cm x 3.7 cm
- Material: Iron & PVC Pipe
- Weight: 132 Grams
- Steel Bird Helmet Lock is made with an iron cable that is covered by a transparent PVC pipe.
- It serves not only as a helmet lock but also as a cycle holder.
- The length is good at 600mm which is for locking up your things.
- This is a very robust and good quality multipurpose lock
- The lock functioning is not that smooth.
- It has a tight key lock
6. FASTPED Helmet Lock for Bike, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Luggage Garage Door & Grill Secure Chain Lock with 4 Digit Numeric Cable
This is a unique lock with a combination number lock with it. It has a plastic pipe cover that prevents it from rusting, surface scratching, and corrosion.
- Weight: 150 Grams
- FASTPED Helmet Lock made with the assorted heavy chain that is covered with plastic pipe.
- It is a very sturdy lock at a very cheap price
- This useful product is not only for locking helmets but also for locking bikes.
- The length is also fine for many helmets
- Sometimes, the number lock becomes stuck and difficult to open
- It requires enough light to see the numbers for entering the right combination at night
7. AllExtreme Helmet Lock EXBHCL1 with Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Material Anti-Theft Luggage Secure Chain Lock Device with 2 Keys
This is a sturdy ring-like anti-theft link helmet lock. Although the mechanism is quite old and traditional the appearance and quality allude technology used in it.
- Dimensions: 40 cm x 3 cm x 15 cm
- Material: Stainless Steel & Nylon
- Weight: 431 Grams
- All Extreme Helmet Lock is made with heavy-duty & heat-treated stainless steel material along with an anti-slip nylon cover.
- This has a metal padlock with fabric over it which makes it quite handy and comfortable to hold.
- The length of the chain is quite good long enough to hold big-sized helmets
- Unlike usual locks, it is very quickly unlocked.
- It doesn’t take a lot of time and attention to unlock the lock
- It can easily become a victim of rusting
- It is a bit heavy to carry
8. Numlock Helmet Lock 70004 Multipurpose Number Lock
This is an attractive black lock with a PVC coating preventing it from scratches. It is quite a flexible and stylish lock and can lock more than one helmet at a time.
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 10 cm x 5 cm
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 36.3 Grams
- Numlock Helmet Lock is made with stainless steel material along with PVC coating.
- This is a durable lock with the plastic piping
- It can easily be used for open-face helmets as well.
- Also, it has a number lock demanding a lot of patience to be opened by the thieves.
- It has a number set of not more than 6 so there are not many combinations possible with it.
- Also, it has only one lock combination. The password cannot be changed.
9. Buyback Helmet Lock with Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Blue Gotikey Chain
This is a good foldable and quite lengthy helmet lock with a good appearance. You can lock bicycles, motor bikes, baby carts, and many more with this product.
- Material: Iron with PVC coating
- Weight: 150 Grams
- Buyback Helmet Lock made with strong material along with durable protective PVC coating.
- It comes with a multi-function locking mechanism.
- This is long enough to lock more than one helmet at a time.
- It opens with the keys very easily and smoothly
- And it is available in a number of colors
- It starts to rust very quickly when comes in contact with water
- The lock is not very durable
10. Rudra Automobiles Helmet Lock RACBloc Cable Lock in Random Colour
This is a good-looking lock available in a variety of colors. So it is very appealing to the teenagers
who want to match the color of their lock with their bikes. Or even can make a contrasting combination with the color of the bike.
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 13.2 cm x 6.9 cm
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 59 Grams
- Rudra Helmet Lock is made with a pure stainless steel body and strong steel wire inside the body.
- It comes with a unique locking that makes it unable to be opened by any tool or instrument.
- The key opens lock only if it is rotated in a specific direction in accordance with the dot making it difficult for others to steal your luggage.
- And the price of this cable lock is extremely affordable
- This lock has very good strength as well
- Sometimes the locking and unlocking becomes difficult as it requires a rotation of 360 degrees first
- The knob is a bit uneasy
Which is the best helmet lock?
The helmet lock that has a fine material quality, durability, and cheap price is definitely a good helmet lock. But if its locking system is user-friendly and is in accordance with the user requirement, that makes it the best helmet lock.
Is combination lock a better option?
A combination lock can serve as a better option for many. But it depends on the user. If you are good with numbers and number combinations, it is definitely right for you.
But if you forget numbers very easily, it can give you a tough time. It also depends on the quality of the lock. Some locks are stuck and don’t open even at the right combination. So, be wise while choosing a helmet lock for yourself.
How to install a helmet lock on your bike?
Installation of helmet locks is not something out of the world. In fact, it is quite easy. Most of the helmet locks just wrap around the helmet and the rod of the bike and are then locked with the keys or the combination code.
How to set the number lock?
For every lock, there is a different mechanism for setting the lock. Some locks don’t have this facility and you have to remember the original pin that had come on buying the product. But for set it, you must read the user guide that is available when buying the lock.
What is a motorcycle helmet lock?
A motorcycle helmet lock is a protector that protects your helmet by locking it with the bike. It holds the helmet in one place and protects the helmet from being stolen or lost. It saves you from the labor of carrying your helmet everywhere with you.
How do I use a helmet lock?
Helmet Lock is used to tie your helmet with your bike. You just need to wrap your helmet lock around the helmet and your bike and lock it up before going. And it will keep your helmet safe and secure until you come back.
What do I do if I lose the combination to my lock?
In some of the helmet locks, there is the option of resetting the combination. So, by resetting it you can gain your combination once again.
Helmet locks are a part and parcel of every rider’s life. So, be careful about choosing the right kind of lock for your helmet. Always choose the lock that is easy-to-use for you and helps you keep your things protected conveniently.