Hand Wash Liquid is a type of cleanser used in maintaining hand hygiene. It can either be solid or liquid. Liquid handwash liquids help in removing harmful microorganisms that may affect a person’s immune system. It also cleans grease, dirt or any other unwanted substances.
The primary purpose of handwash liquid is to prevent the spreading of infections and kill bacteria that you may have accumulated during your day to day activities. Practising good personal hygiene is important to live a happy and healthy life. Also, check the Buyers Guide for Best Hand Sanitizer Brands in India & Best Surface Disinfectant sprays in India.
Some types of liquid handwashes can lead to certain skin and health issues. So, if you are prone to allergenic reactions with some types of handwashes, consult with your doctor before purchasing.
Best 10 Hand Wash Liquids in India
Buyers Guide – Hand Wash Liquid
Over the past years, a variety of liquid handwashes are available in the market – some are even made from organic materials. However, there are certain factors you should consider before purchasing a liquid handwash.
- First, evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy of liquid handwash.
- Meaning, it should have higher efficacy than regular soap.
- The chemicals used in making the handwash should have better skin tolerance while also not compromising the antimicrobial action.
- Also, the purpose of handwash products should be considered–for example, whether it is for surgical preparations or hygienic hand antisepsis.
- The handwash liquid should be suitable for human skin and should prevent reactions or skin irritations, and dryness.
- Strongly fragrant handwash liquids can lead to respiratory problems.
- Test the time it takes for drying – handwash liquids with longer drying duration affects hand hygiene.
- Identify the availability of the liquid handwash, therefore ensuring the ease of accessing the product.
- Cost of the product, the ability of the handwash agent to prevent contaminations.
- And whether it functions with a dispenser are other important points to remember before buying a product.
Features of a Hand Wash Liquid
Some hand wash liquids have added glycerine to protect the skin from reacting with the chemicals. And some factored for children due to their sensitive skin.
Just consider below-mentioned points while choosing a hand wash liquid:
- Some handwash liquids made from harsh antibacterial chemicals such as chlorhexidine, triclosan, or benzalkonium.
- Antibacterial compounds work in a manner similar to antibiotics and used to resist bacteria.
- However, some of these antibacterial chemicals are an ecological disaster, especially to aquatic life, because of the toxins they contain.
- Washing your hands with regular soap and water does not kill germs instead.
- And it forms a slippery surface allowing the germs containing bacteria to slide off.
- On the other hand, antibacterial liquid handwash actively kills viruses and bacteria and washed away through rinsing.
- Some of the above-mentioned liquid handwashes contain mild antibacterial chemicals to avoid skin irritation or reactions.
- The different variations of these liquid handwashes: with an antibacterial compound either be opaque or transparent.
Types of Hand Wash Liquids
Hand hygiene depends on the type of liquid handwash used, the amount of liquid handwash used, the time spent on cleaning your hands, and finally, rinsing and drying your hands properly.
There are three types of liquid handwashes:
Surgical Hand Wash Liquid
The surgical handwash liquid contains mild antibacterial chemicals produced specifically to avoid bacteria from the surgeon affecting vulnerable patients. The surgeon uses this to thoroughly disinfect the hands, forearms, and the subungual area.
Antiseptic Hand Wash Liquid
- As the name suggests, these contain antiseptic substances such as hydrogen, generally used for aseptic procedures in hospital isolation areas or wards.
- The handwash agent kills and removes most of the transient microorganisms not visible to the human eye.
- Mostly used during the outbreak of infections such as the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
- Where contact with bodily fluids or microbial contamination occurs in high-risk areas like ICUs and isolation centres.
- Also used before and after invasive procedures, insertion of IV catheters, urethral checks, and wound care.
- Social or routine handwashing liquid.
- Generally used in homes for daily routines like removing dirt and organic substances, transient organisms, and dead skin.
How Does a Hand Wash Liquid Works?
The main form of transmission of germs is through contact. Many people frequently touch their eyes, nose, and mouth without realizing it. Bacteria spread through contact with people, food, and drinks, weakening their immune system, thus making people sick.
- Maintaining better hygiene by washing your hands regularly helps reduce respiratory illnesses and diarrhoea.
- There are various components required for cleaning hands to maintain better hygiene handwash liquid, water, and a drier.
- The proper technique in ensuring you have thoroughly cleaned your hand includes: smearing the liquid handwash all over your hand
- Thoroughly rubbing your hands and fingers together until a lather produced
- And through friction that will remove all visible organic substances such as dirt.
- Rinse your hands with water to remove all the foam, then finally dry up using a towel.
- The handwash liquid molecules act as a link between water and the oil on your skin.
- Therefore, through friction, the organic coating containing bacteria falls, destroying the virus particles.
- The handwash liquid kills the microorganisms, quickly reducing the bacterial count and preventing antimicrobial resistance.
- Some of the liquid handwash products also improve the condition of the skin.
List of Top 10 Hand Wash Liquids available Online:
Most frequently-used handwash liquids alcohol-based, giving rise to minor skin irritations compared to washing hands with non-alcohol based soap and water. So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 10 list of the best hand wash liquids available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
There are a lot of different handwash liquids available in the market. Therefore, finding the best liquid handwash that offers maximum protection from germs is important.
1. Dettol Liquid Hand Wash Soap Jar Original in 900 ml Bottle:
The Dettol liquid soap a well-known handwash liquid used worldwide. The handwash agent specially manufactured to protect the user from hundreds of illness-causing germs. It helps prevents diseases such as flu and cold.
There are various variants: skincare, daily and classic clean, original, cool, and re-energized. Multiple size variations are available in the market – 200ml, 750ml, 900ml and 1500ml.
- Dettol Liquid Soap Jar is dermatologically tested & also it is approved by many medical associations.
- It protects the user from germs that may cause skin infections and respiratory infections.
- Dettol Hand wash is an affordable and quality product.
- It offers ten times more protection than any other handwash liquid.
- This liquid has a pleasant fragrance as well.
- Poor packaging
2. Savlon Liquid Handwash with Moisture Shield Germ Protection 750ml Refill Pouch:
The Salvon handwash liquid known to kill bacteria and viruses, causing cold and flu. Its handwash agent is gentle to the skin, leaving a soft, supple, and clean hand with moisturizing benefits.
This handwash liquid has no triclosan that is harmful to aquatic life and zero parabens. Available in various sizes from 80ml to 1500ml and different variants: deep clean and herbal sensitive.
- Savlon Hand Wash Liquid protects you from the Rotavirus, H1N1 virus, Stomach Flu & Flu virus.
- It is gentle on skin & protects your hands without drying them out.
- This has a pleasant smell and suitable for all skin types
- Recommended by most of the dermatologists due to its natural extracts suitable for skin treatment.
- Quite expensive
- Damaged product through shipment
3. Santoor Classic Gentle Hand Wash with Natural goodness of Sandalwood & Tulsi in 750ml Pack:
The Santoor classic handwash has a gentle and soft texture. This is available in both Pump and Reﬁll packs. There are different types of Santoor hand washing liquid such as classic, mild, and fresh.
- Santoor Hand Wash Liquid manufactured with sandalwood & tulsi so that it is tough on germs.
- Used natural ingredients in the making of this product.
- And these ingredients keep the sensitive skin of your hands smooth & soft.
- Santoor handwash is suitable for all skin types.
- Quite an expensive one
- Strong scent
4. Himalaya Pure Hand Wash Liquid with Moisturizing Tulsi and Aloe in 750 ml Refill:
This is from the Himalaya brand & it is hands moisturizing get with Tulsi and Aloe. The handwash agent has antiseptic and moistening properties used to disinfect the hands, leaving them soft and germ-free.
- Himalaya Hand Wash Liquid is a combination of purifying tulsi & Aloe vera.
- The power of tulsi has antibacterial protection from 99. 9 per cent germ.
- This liquid extra soft & moisturized in hand.
- It comes with quality packaging.
- The product is affordable for everyone.
- Sometimes it makes our hands dry.
5. Fem Soft Handz Hand Wash Liquid Sensitive – Enriched with the goodness of Vanilla & Glycerine in 1500 ml Pack:
The Fem soft hands a naturally made handwash liquid offers 99.9% protection from germs and leaves the skin moisturized. The handwash agent enriched with glycerine and a vanilla fragrance.
- Fem Hand Wash Liquid made with the goodness of vanilla & glycerine.
- This is a naturally made liquid & it is gentle on your skin.
- Also, this restores lost moisture of the skin
- It is soft, gentle on the skin, and restores lost moisture.
- This is affordable for everyone.
- Unpleasant fragrance
- Damaged product through shipment
6. Amazon Brand Solimo Handwash Liquid with Honey Almond in 250 ml Pack of 2:
This is from the Amazon brand & it has a refreshing fragrance after use. The products used to manufacture the handwash is free from sodium lauryl sulphate, parabens, and triclosan, which are harmful to aquatic life.
- Amazon Brand Solimo Hand Wash Liquid made with a balanced pH formula that is safe & gentle on the hands.
- This liquid enriched with honey and almond oil.
- It has a nice fragrance and also it is easy to use.
- This gentle liquid is free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), triclosan, and parabens.
- Quite expensive
- Quality issues
7. Mirah Belle Lily Hand Wash Liquid Sulfate and Paraben Free FDA Approved Natural, Vegan & Cruelty-Free Best for Men, Women, and Family:
The Mirah Belle handwash liquid approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The handwash liquid is organic, vegan, natural, sulfate, cruel-free, paraben-free, sustainable, and environmentally friendly.
- Mirah Belle Hand Wash Liquid made with decyl glucoside, glycerine and oil fragrance extracted from lily.
- This liquid helps you to maintain hygiene and also protects the texture of the skin.
- Mirah Belle hand wash agent handcrafted using ethical-sourced premium ingredients.
- This product is affordable for everyone
- May cause skin irritation
- High quantity of alcohol
8. Godrej Protekt Mr Magic Powder to Liquid Handwash Bottle in 3 Sachet of 9g Total 27g:
The Godrej Protekt Powder-to-Liquid Handwash is unique because it comes in the form of a powder that needs to be mixed with water. Package contains 1 empty bottle and 1 sachet of 9g powder to liquid handwash.
- Godrej Protekt Powder to Liquid Hand Wash agent enriched with neem, which is usually tough on germs & aloe vera that offers gentleness towards the skin.
- Godrej Hand Wash comes with one empty bottle of Mr Magic Handwash that needs to be filled with water & combined with one sachet before use.
- This is easy to use & gentle on your skin
- The total package comes with 3 Mr. magic refills & each one designed to make 200 ml of handwash.
- Quite expensive
- Strong fragrance
9. wiz LIQUID SOAP Handwash Refill with pH-Balanced Hand Care Lavender Liquid 5L Can:
This Wiz handwash liquid is from the Wiz brand & it is made in India. WiZ liquid hands soap has a premium lathering effect that helps cleaning, moisturizing, and conditioning. The hand wash has a lavender fragrance good for reducing anxiety or stress.
- Wiz Hand Wash Liquid has a pH balance that is effective in killing germs while also leaving the hands feeling soft.
- This liquid is affordable for everyone.
- It provides good foam & mild on the skin too.
- And its unique fragrances leave your skin feeling fresh longer.
- Strong fragrance
- Quality issues
10. Lux Handwash Liquid with Bergamot Delight 190 ml Bottle:
The Lux Bergamont brand is a premium product that contains bergamot and mint that provides a long-lasting fresh fragrance. The handwash agent is good for all skin types.
- Lux Bergamot Hand Wash Liquid made with sparkling bergamot and refreshing mint.
- This is suitable for all skin types.
- Lux Bergamont Hand wash comes with quality packaging
- This liquid has a nice fragrance
- Leaves hands dry
- Expensive one
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of top 10 best hand wash liquids. So, it should be easy for you to determine which hand wash liquid will be best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best handwash liquid for you along with valuable benefits.
Which handwash is the best?
Dettol Liquid handwash.
What are the three types of handwashing agents?
Surgical hand hygiene, antiseptic hand hygiene, and social or routine hand hygiene.
Why is hand washing so important?
Washing hands frequently prevents infections and the risks of contracting diseases.
How many times a day should you wash your hands?
Wash hands regularly.
When should you wash your hands?
Clean Hands before and after indulging in certain activities such as cooking, eating, coughing, or caring for a wound.
What % of germs does hand washing kill?
Consecutively washing your hands after every fifteen seconds leads to a probability of 99.9% of reducing bacterial count.
How long do hands stay clean after washing?
At least twenty-second.
What is the most hygienic way to dry your hands?
The most hygienic means in drying your hands is by the use of cloth or paper towels.