Glass paint specially created for making a painting on glass. Glass painting is an art form derived from the golden age of stained-glass painting. For stained-glass artworks, pieces of glass were put together to reflect and represent a classic design.
In the medieval period, glass painted high windows and doors were commonly seen in churches and old castles or buildings.
In modern days, glass painting becomes a popular art form and glass painting equipment easily available. And in this article, we are providing you with some of the best glass paints along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Glass Paints in India
Buyers Guide – Glass Paint
Besides paint colours, high-quality brushes, stencils, cloth, applicator sponge, and glass material must be also purchased. Natural-bristle brushes provide the ideal brush strokes. Several factors must be kept in mind while buying the paints for glass.
Key points while purchasing glass paints are:
- The best product should offer numerous colours, a strong finishing, and should easily dry.
- And the glass paint must also give excellent coverage, defined and detailed strokes on the glass.
- The glass paint should also provide mess-free applications and should be odourless.
- Glass paints can be used for different purposes.
- Additional features such as scratch-resistant, dishwasher-safe when cured, fade-resistant, water-resistant,high-pigmentation, glitter options, etc. should be kept in mind as well.
- If you are a beginner, you can choose to start with simple designs.
- Then as your skills get polished, more elaborate and delicate colours can be chosen.
Features of Glass Paint
Glass painting can be done on windows, cups, mirrors, tiles, mugs, wall hangings, glass crockery, cutlery, etc. Painters and hobbyists have a variety of glass paint options to choose from.
Just consider below-mentioned features while choosing glass paint:
- Glass paint comes in a variety of colour and you can also choose from either transparent finish or opaque finish paints.
- Glass paints such as acrylic enamel paint, acrylic glass paints, or solvent-based paints bring a solid, glossy, and hard finishing on the glass surface.
- Also, these paints don’t get damaged when the glass is drilled or cut.
- Glass paints do not get destroyed or scraped off easily.
Types of Glass Paint
Nowadays so many new types of glass paints are coming with several features. To make a smart purchase, different products must be compared based on the degree of permanence, transparency, and colour range.
There are three types of glass paints:
Acrylic Enamel Paint
- Acrylic enamel paint air-dries and forms a hard shell on the glass.
- This paint lasts long on hard surfaces. It is usually glossy and shiny.
Acrylic Glass Paints
- Water-based acrylic glass paints are an excellent choice for acrylic glass painting.
- It cures in 3 days and forms the hard shell.
- After which the glass can be drilled or cut without worry.
- This is one of the most versatile paints that can be used on various surfaces.
- Solvent-based paints are commercial-degree paints, used for painting glass.
How Does Glass Paint Works?
Glass painting has become a common hobby for most DIY lovers. Beautiful, smooth, and reflective glass provides a gorgeous canvas for the painting. For this, you will need to buy the glass material you want to paint on.
- A wine glass is a perfect object to start with.
- The paint of your choice, stencils, applicator sponges and brushstroke are needed for glass painting.
- After you have all the equipment, it’s time to get started.
- First of all, clean the glass in warm and soapy water and dry with a cloth.
- Then, the design of your choice can be created on the glass using a stencil.
- After that, you can fill the colours in the drawn figure and bake it.
- The last baking step varies in every glass painting
- Because each paint product may have a different drying process.
So, instructions of the paint product must be read and followed accordingly.
List of Top 10 Glass Paint available Online in India
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of glass paints on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good one.
So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 10 list of the best glass paints available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Camlin Fabrica Acrylic Color 10 Shades + 7 Champ Flat Brushes:
This is from the Camlin Kokuyo brand & it is permanent on absorbent surfaces. These are great quality professional acrylic colours that provide an excellent finish.
- Camlin Kokuyo Fabrica Glass Paint has 10 assorted ultra shades in 15ml bottle.
- Package contains ten 15ml bottles of different shades
- High-pigmentation and wide coverage
- Some consumers have complained the outer container is not wide enough to store the paint colours
2. Flash Acrylic Metallic Basic Glass Colours 12 Colours Box 50 ml each:
The brand Flash offers the best metallic colours. The set contains 12 shades, which can be applied on various surfaces but work best on the glass. This is perfect for crafting & creating fine art on a variety of surfaces like glass or wood.
- Flash Acrylic Glas Paint is bright & vivid once dry.
- These are heavy-bodied & filled with glimmering pigment.
- The colours are water-soluble and water-proof.
- Each colour is uniquely formulated to bring out the colour clarity & maximum brilliance.
- Some consumers have complained that the colours have less texture
3. Flash Acrylic 16 Colours Set for Artist, Hobby Painters & Kids with Storage Box, Rich Pigments & Non-Toxic Paints:
The Flash acrylic set has 16 shades that provide the right consistency and brightness to the artwork. These paints are pre-primed & ready-to-use oil paints.
- Flash Acrylic Glass Paint has high levels of pigment strength, permanence & opacity.
- This package is a durable product
- It comes with 16 shades & glue-bound canvas art pad
- The colours used on a variety of surfaces such as canvas, wood, glass, etc.
- The cap of the bottles made of low-quality material
4. Pidilite Fevicryl 10 Assorted Glass Colours Water Based 115 ml Each Pack of 2:
Pidilite Fevicryl colours give you the best-stained glass effect. These are fantastic and versatile colours for glass painting.
- Pidilite Fevicryl Glass Paint water-based & ready to use colour.
- These are vibrant, bold, and bright colours
- Also, these are non-toxic paints
- Suitable for beginners
- Consumers have complained about the intensity of the black liner
5. FANTASTIC CHALK MARKERS Glass & Window Markers with Chisel Tip Bright Neon Colored Plus White in 8 Pack:
This is from the Chalkatisticisa brand & it is a high-quality paint. And it is suitable for all non-porous surfaces. These marker paint pens used on glass.
- FANTASTIC Chalktastic Glass Paint is a water-based paint
- This has no odour and no toxic material
- The marker paints have a 6mm reversible tip chisel.
- It takes a few minutes to activate the nib
6. Fevicryl Sunflower Kit Acrylic Glass Colors with 10 Shades:
If you are a fan of bright colours, then this sunflower kit is made for you. It has ten vibrant, transparent, and bright colours.
- Fevicryl Sunflower Kit Glass paints are bright and transparent.
- Vibrant colours with gorgeous transparency and full-colour intensity
- Easy to work with
- These paints have high-pigmentation, wide-coverage & smoother consistency.
- Some consumers have complained about the packaging of the product
7. Camel Solvent Based Glass Colors 5 Shades 20ml Each:
This product is a good-quality glass paint with excellent packaging and great paint coverage. Camel glass paints are also affordable for everyone.
- Camel Glass Paint comes with 5 assorted shades in 20ml bottle.
- The package contains one 20ml medium in a bottle & a 20ml black glass liner tube.
- It is a solvent-based glass paint
- This paint is a great value for money.
- The colours have a strong smell
8. Vardhman Camel Glass Paints Liner Black Pack of 3 with 15 Ml Each:
This is an excellent-quality glass liner for glass painting. It helps in increasing the intensity of the painting.
- Vardhman Glass Paint used with either water or solvent-based glass colour
- The liner is also available in golden and silver colours
- Also, the brand ensures 100% high-quality material
- Complaints received regarding the intensity of the glass liner
9. Acrylic Glass Paint Pens Set of 8 Medium tips Acrylic Permanent Paint Markers for Rocks, Porcelain, Wood, Metal, Plastic & Canvas:
These glass paints are suitable for any kind of project. It unleashes your creativity, bringing fresh and innovative ideas in mind.
- Acrylic Glass Paint is best for fine details, signatures, or filling of larger areas
- Kids can also use these acrylic paint markers as they are non-toxic
- It produces a lasting finish and gloss
- Consumers have complained about the packaging of the product
10. STA 10 Colors Metallic Marker Pens for Ceramic Glass Plastic Scrapbooking for Rock Painting Medium Point Metallic Color Markers:
The brand STA Metallic Markers increase the quality and shine of your glass-painting project. It includes dark & coloured paper.
- STA Paint is acid-free, odourless, and non-toxic glass paint.
- These premium quality metallic colours work on virtually any surface.
- Dry out quickly, so you can work with great speed
- Complaints received regarding the tip of the marker
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of top 10 best glass paints. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best glass paint for you along with valuable benefits.
How do you paint on glass?
- Before you start painting, the glass is cleaned in warm and soapy water thoroughly.
- Instructions of the paint must be studied thoroughly before use regardless of what kind of others.
- There are peripheral steps followed, which must never compromise. Undercoat and overcoat applied to retain a top-quality finish.
- This step depends on what kind of product you have chosen. The product will dry out in its given amount of time. However, painted glassware always baked to stabilize the paint.
Which is the best paint to use on glass?
Enamel acrylic paints are the best choice to paint on glass. They form a hard shell, air-dry faster and last longer on the glass surface.
Which colours are used for glass painting?
A wide range of colours used for glass painting. Artists also mix paints to create a vast range of colours.
Can you paint glass with acrylic paint?
Yes. Acrylic paint is a great choice for painting glass.
How do you get acrylic paint to stick to glass?
A medium used to get acrylic paint to stick to the glass. Medium ensures that the paint lasts several years on the glass.
Can I use mod podge to seal acrylic paint on glass?
Mod podge is a great all-in-one sealer. It used as a glue to stick acrylic paints on the glass.
Does poster paint wash off the glass?
Poster paint used on glass. There is a washing up liquid used to set the poster paint on glass. The same liquid will wash off the glass once you are ready for a new project.
Will nail polish remover remove paint from glass?
Yes. Nail polish remover removes paint from glass most effectively. Simply dab some nail polish remover with cotton and let it sit for a few minutes.