Garment Steamer is a handheld device that heats up quickly and removes wrinkles from clothes. Why because clothes are one of the three necessary needs for human existence. There are different types of clothes found in the world.
Every country, culture, and tradition has its dressing senses. The cleaning and maintenance of clothes vary because of the material. Some clothes get wrinkled easily on washing or cleaning. To remove wrinkle from such clothes garment steamer are used.
These machines makes use of high-temperature steam to remove the wrinkles. There is a variety of garment steamer available in the market.
Each one has its advantages and disadvantages. If you are looking to buy one then check out the content below. The article contains the list of top 10 garment steamers with pros and cons.
Best 10 Garment Steamers in India
Buyers Guide – Garment Steamer
A perfect garment steamer is best for refreshing clothes as well as quickly smooth the clothes. But you need to follow a few things before taking a decision on choosing the perfect one for your clothes.
The things to consider while buying a garment steamer are:
- The cost of a garment steamer ranges between 50 to 400 USD.
- You must buy a steamer of mid-range as there is no surety of its durability.
- The water capacity of a garment steamer determines the period of steam duration.
- A steamer with good water capacity will produce steam for a longer duration.
- You must buy a garment steamer with a higher water capacity.
Heating up Time:
- The time required for the garment steamer to generate heat to its peak is called the heat up time.
- You must buy a garment steamer that heats up quickly and is powerful.
High Heating Power:
- The heating power of the garment steamer determines the steady and strong steam flow.
- A high heating power garment steamer will be more effective in removing wrinkles.
Steam Head Design:
- The steam head or nozzle is of two types’ plastic made and metal.
- Always go for the garment steamer which has a broad nozzle.
- Broad nozzle generally removes wrinkles faster than the narrow one.
- Always go for the steamer with a rotating hanger which saves time and energy by acting directly to target spots.
Features of a Garment Steamer:
Garment steamers are the best way to remove wrinkles from clothes. Nowadays many garment steamers are available in the market along with several features. That’s why we need to consider the features of these devices.
The features of garment steamer are as follows:
- This is a premium feature found in expensive garment steamer.
- And the dial can be used to set the steamer for different types of fabric or clothes.
- Also, this dial prevents the clothes from getting damaged.
- A garment steamer has a narrow nozzle to supply the steam to the garment.
- The water tank provides space for keeping the hot water emitting steam.
Clothes Hanger and Pegs:
- Cloth hanger and pegs are also provided by some garment steamer.
- Big garment steamers have caster wheels for portability.
- Crease clip is provided with garment steamer to keep in place long clothes.
Types of Garment Steamers
Now you can find a number of garment steamers with different types. But some types of these devices to helpful in freshening the fabric types.
The different types of garment steamer are as follows:
Portable Garment Steamer:
- As the name suggests it is a lightweight garment steamer.
- It can be carried to any place and ideal for household and business personalities.
- The compact size and ease of use of this steamer make it the most used steamer in the world.
- This steamer can be used in any place and is very effective in getting rid of wrinkles.
Professional Garment Steamer:
- These garment steamers are larger and are more powerful than portable ones.
- It has two thermostats which allow the steamer to heat quickly.
- These steamers are ideal for heavy fabric materials.
How Does a Garment Steamer Works?
Keep in mind that you need to have the knowledge of garment steamers in order to use these effectively. These are generally worked by heating water than producing the steam to wrinkled fabric to relax the fabrics.
The working procedure of garment steamer has 2 steps:
- The steamer has a water table to hold a definite amount of water.
- Below the water tank, there is a heating element that heats the water.
- The water is heated to such an extent that it starts to boil giving steam.
- Some steamer comes with additional heating function like a pre-heat setting.
- The heating of the water can be controlled in the garment steamer.
- After heating the water of the water tank the steam is used to remove the wrinkles of desired clothes.
- To use the steamer you have to press the trigger.
- The steams will enter the hose pipe and will come out of the unit’s head.
- Also, the amount of steam of the steamer depends upon the healing power of the steamer and the water capacity.
- And the process of application of portable garment steamer is the same as a professional one.
Top 10 List of Garment Steamers in the Market:
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of garment steamers on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good device. So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 10 list of the best garment steamers available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. COBRA Iron Fabric Facial Steamer for Clothes & Face Portable Powerful Steamer with Fast Heat-up Perfect at Home or Travel in Multi-Color:
The manufacturer and supplier of this steamer are Cobra. It comes with a convenient easy-to-view water level window with an illuminated on/off switch that heats-up & steam-ready in under 60 seconds.
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm x 11 cm x 23 cm
- Power: 750 Watts
- Capacity: 200ml
- COBRA Garment Steamer is a portable & compact size steamer that is perfect for home & travel.
- It comes with an easy-to-view convenient water level window with an illuminated on/off switch.
- This has safety protection for cutting off the power supply.
- It is ideal for removing wrinkles, deep cleaning, sterilization, etc.
- This is a multipurpose steamer which ideal for facial and fabric cleaning.
- Also, you can carry this steamer easily.
- The water tank is very small.
- Water leakage is found.
2. ShopHere Steamer for Facial, Clothes, & Iron Family Fabric Steam Brush for Home, Office & Travel in Multicolor:
The manufacturer and supplier of this steamer is shophere. The power consumption of the steamer is 600 watts. And it is available in different color variants. This can also be used for facial steaming too.
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm x 11 cm x 23 cm
- Power: 220 Watts
- Capacity: 200ml
- Weight: 650 Grams
- ShopHere Garment Steamer made with handheld humanized design & large capacity.
- It comes with built-in safety cut off feature to save energy.
- The compact size of the steamer allows easy use and carrying.
- It has a transparent water tank then makes checking the water level easier.
- Also, it eliminates germs from the fabric.
- The length of the cable is long and strong.
- The water tank capacity is low.
- And the steam releases a good amount of water.
3. Black + Decker Handheld Portable Garment Steamer BXGS1501IN with 1500 Watts:
The manufacturer and supplier of this garment steamer is Black + Decker. The power consumption of the steamer is 1500 watts. It has 2 years of warranty from the manufacturer.
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 20.3 cm x 24.5 cm
- Power: 1500 Watts
- Capacity: 260ml
- Weight: 500 Grams
- Black + Decker Garment Steamer made with the large 260ml detachable water tank for longer use.
- This has 5 adjustable steam settings for different materials.
- The Steamer has lockable steam better for easy handling.
- It is a portable and powerful garment steamer.
- Also, it has anti-calc for more durability.
- Manufacturing support is not efficient.
- It is very power-hungry.
4. SHOPPOWORLD Handheld Fabric Steamer Iron for Clothes with Fast Heat-up Handy Portable Facial Steamer Portable Family Steam Brush for Home & Travel:
The manufacturer and supplier of this garment steamer is Shoppoworld. It is available in various color variants. This is a portable steamer that weighs less than 1 kilogram.
- Power: 600 Watts
- Capacity: 200ml
- SHOPPOWORLD Garment Steamer made with high-quality ABS plastic material.
- It comes with a 200 ml water tank capacity.
- This steamer is ideal for home and travel.
- The steam produced is powerful and consistent.
- It also has a safety shut off for overheating and dry boiling.
- There is leakage of steam from the handle.
- Water comes out of the nozzle in some cases.
5. Rossmann Garment Steamer High-Pressure Heavy Duty Ultra Premium Professional Steamer with 2400 Watts, Digital Control, Big 2.5 Liter Tank & Auto Cord Winder:
The manufacturer and supplier of this garment steamer are Rossmann. This is the only steamer that comes with Auxiliary Heating in Steam Brush with On/Off power indicator. It has a high power consumption of 2400 watts.
- Dimensions: 48.8 cm x 43.3 cm x 39.5 cm
- Power: 2400 Watts
- Capacity: 2.5 Liters
- Weight: 10 KGs
- Rossmann Garment Steamer made with the innovative design along with premium features that further ease your task.
- This steamer has three levels of steam control & a large capacity of a 2.5-liter water tank.
- It comes with the heat insulated steam pipe to prevent the burning of hand.
- This has self-cleaning function & auxiliary heating in the steam brush.
- Also, this has a low water warning with auto stop & beep sound.
- Included digital LCD is given for convenient use.
- It is one of the expensive steamers.
- There is no customer support provided by the manufacturer.
6. Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer GC523/60 with 5 Steam Settings & 1600 Watts:
The manufacturer and supplier of this steamer are Philips. It has many detachable accessories like the nozzle, brush, water tank, etc. And the power consumption of the steamer is 1600 watts.
- Dimensions: 35 cm x 41.5 cm x 34.5 cm
- Power: 1600 Watts
- Water Capacity: 1.6 Liters of Water
- Weight: 31.8 Grams
- Philips Easy Touch Garment Steamer made with a large water tank that can hold up to 1.6 Liters of water.
- It comes with 5 steam settings for different types of materials.
- The continuous steam function releases powerful steam at 32 grams per minute.
- And the two adjustable pole makes its application easier.
- It has a 25% larger steam plate that covers more surface area of the garment.
- This steamer also kills 99.9% of the germs present of the garment.
- Customers claim that the effectiveness of the steamer is poor.
- The steamer is not effective in removing crease.
7. Inalsa Vapor Max Garment Steamer Portable Handheld with 200 ml WaterTank Capacity & 800-Watts for Vertical Use at Home & Travelling in White & Purple:
The manufacturer and supplier of this product is Inalsa. The energy consumption of this product is 800 watts. And the continuous steam flow of the steamer is about 20 grams per minute.
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 10 cm x 23.5 cm
- Power: 800 Watts
- Capacity: 200ml
- Weight: 590 Grams
- Inalsa Vapor Max Garment Steamer made with a single switch operation that ensures efficient vertical & horizontal steaming.
- It comes with the dry boiling and overheating prevention features to prevent the steamer from getting damaged.
- This steamer has a water storing capacity of 200 mL.
- The detachable makes it easy to handle and use.
- It removes 99% of the wrinkles from clothes.
- It is not suitable for thick garments.
- Regular filling of a water tank is required.
8. Inalsa Garment Steamer Handy Steam with 120ml Capacity, 600W & Detachable Fabric Brush in White Purple:
The manufacturer and supplier of this steamer are Inalsa. The energy consumption of these products is 600 watts. It has an automatic continuous steam feature which allows the powerful release of steam for 15 grams per minute. And this steamer is ideal for all types of fabrics.
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 11 cm x 27.5 cm
- Power: 600 Watts
- Capacity: 120ml
- Weight: 699 Grams
- Inalsa Garment Steamer has a detachable nozzle and brush will allow the penetration of the steam on the thicker garment.
- This also allows for the steady heat of the water.
- The heating time of the steamer is less than a minute.
- Also, the vertical steam is ideal for the removal of the crease from the garments.
- It has a water level indicator and easy locking features.
- The compact size of the steams makes is easy to carry.
- Low-quality material used in manufacturing.
- Customers complain of water leakage.
9. Orbit Amadeus 2 Garment Steamer Professional with Telescopic plug & 1950 Watts:
The manufacturer and supplier of this steamer is Orbit. It comes with a large capacity of a 1.7-liter water tank. This steamer heat-up time is 38 sec which is very fast.
- Power: 1950 Watts
- Water Capacity: 1.7 Liters of Water
- Weight: 689 Grams
- Orbit Garment Steamer made with the high stability imparted by ergonomic design.
- It is a professional steamer that needs 1950 watts of power.
- It comes with the 38 seconds heat-up time only.
- This steamer has a cloth suspension hanger.
- Also, this has a telescopic plug for more convenience.
- The steam pipe gets soft while application.
- Water tank leakage is found.
10. Philips Handheld Garment Steamer GC360/30 with 1200 Watts, Vertical & Horizontal Steaming:
The manufacturer and supplier of this steamer is Philips. And the power consumption of the steamer is 1200 watts. This is a lightweight steamer than can be carried easily.
- Dimensions: 12.8 cm x 38 cm x 15 cm
- Power: 1200 Watts
- Water Capacity: 70ml
- Weight: 894 Grams
- Philips Garment Steamer made with and adjustable doubles poles that allow better stability & various height settings.
- This steamer offers both horizontal and vertical steam options.
- It has a smart flow heated plated.
- The detachable water tank provides easy filling of water.
- It also has an automatic continuous stream feature.
- The brush is provided for thicker garments.
- The water tank is very smack.
- There is an uneven weight distribution.
What is the best garment steamer to buy?
The item listed above is the top 10 garment steamer available.
Do garment steamers work better than irons?
Yes, garment steamer works better than iron in removing wrinkles.
What is the use of garment steamer?
Garment steamers are used to remove wrinkles from fabric.
Is Philips Garment Steamer good?
Yes, Philips garment steamers are one of the best steamer available in the market.
Are our garment steamers worth it?
Yes, these are worth the cost.
Does clothes steamer sanitize?
Yes, some of the steamers claim to sanitize the cloth.
How do I choose a garment steamer?
You can choose the steamer as per your need like price and usage.
Can you steam your suit?
Yes, you can steam your suit.
What happens if you leave clothes steamer on?
The cloth will get wet if exposed to a longer duration.
Does clothes steamer work on cotton?
Yes, it works fine on cotton clothes.
Do garment steamers work on jeans?
Yes, these works on jeans to some extent.
Garment steamers are better alternate to iron on removing wrinkles. There are many garment steamers available in the market. The top 10 list of the item mentioned above is done after comparing thousands of products online. You can buy any of the products and remove the wrinkles on fabric easily.