An Electric Blanket is nothing but it is a blanket that contains integrated electrical heating wires. Most people look forward to a good night’s sleep after a hard day’s work.
However, if the weather is too cold, it is pretty hard to achieve this. To help them sleep comfortably, people have been using electric blankets for ages.
No need to snuggle up in a warm bed now. Also, check the buyers’ guides for the Mattress Toppers, Mattress, single bed mattresses, Latex Mattress, Kingsize Mattress, Double bed Mattress, Spring mattresses, Coir Mattress, Memory Foam Mattress, Floor Mattress, Air Mattress, best mattress protectors, best air mattresses, best electric blankets & Sleeping bags online in India.
Best 10 Electric Blankets in India
Buyers Guide – Electric Blanket
People have been using electric blankets for years, it now becoming more and more popular. The main reason for this is the availability of an excellent collection at reasonable prices in the modern-day market.
While buying the electric blankets, one has to pay attention to the points below:
- Whatever the feature and other aspects, the cost is the primary thing people consider while buying an electric blanket.
- The cost of an electric blanket starts from 1200 INR onwards.
- The price differs from brand to brand, size, and the features it includes.
- If you are looking for a different level of temperature for you and your partner, you must select the dual control blanket.
- Also, it allows two people to set their preferred level of heat.
- The LED display options also prove handy because you can set the temperature without turning on the lights.
- You can get electric blankets with different heating times.
- The new quilts will take from five to ten minutes to warm the bed.
- So, if you are leading a busy life, go for the quick heating blankets.
- You will get a wide variety of sizes, including single, double, king, and queen sizes.
- However, you should remember that your blanket size must not exceed the size of your mattress.
- The blankets are available with waterproof technology.
- If you have kids, it is best to buy waterproof sheets.
- Some of the blankets will not work with certain mattress types, such as foam.
- Hence, before purchasing the sheets, check for suitability.
- Some of the blankets allow you to wash with water thoroughly, but you must make sure it comes with specific instructions on how to do so.
- Otherwise, you should use a damp cloth to clean the blankets.
Features of an Electric Blanket
Cut-throat competition has led to finer inventions that provide more value to the customers. As a result, electric blankets now come with plenty of features that help the users immensely. The below-mentioned features are commonly available in most modern-day heated blankets.
Just consider the below-mentioned points while choosing an electric blanket:
- Most electric blankets come with the feature either of automatic timer or auto shut off.
- Many electric blankets can be adjusted to your body temperature and preferred heat.
- Most electric blankets are made with polyester or semi polyester fabric.
- The pre-warming features in the blanket allow features in the blanket to allow you to warm the blanket beforehand.
- After which you can select the temperature you want for the night.
Types of Electric Blankets
Keep in mind that you need to consider the features and styles of the electric blankets. Mainly there are three types of electric blankets available.
The main types are:
- This type of blanket is easy to lay and take off.
- It also quickly warms up the entire bed.
- As the name suggests, it fits the bed and doesn’t move around while in bed.
- This type of blanket is known as a tie-down electric blanket.
- It will fit flat on the bed and tied to the bed to keep it in place.
- These blankets take more time to lay, but it is cheaper than the fitted ones.
- These blankets work the same way as regular blankets.
- You can use it in bed or on your couch.
- It is better alternative for a room heater.
How Does an Electric Blanket Work?
Electric blankets work in the same manner as heating pads.
- It uses the insulated wire and heating elements within the fabric.
- When plugged into the power source, it will heat the blanket.
- It has a control unit that regulates the amount of power entering into the sheets.
List of Top 10 Best Quality Electric Blankets in India Buyers Guide
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of electric blankets on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good one.
So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 10 list of the best electric blankets available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Comfort Blanket with Wool & Wool Blend 250 TC in Single Multicolour:
This blanket helps you get a sound sleep in all kinds of weather. It is made of wool and woolen-blend fabrics.
- Keeps you warm in extreme winter conditions
- It comes with foot and top positioning modes
- No automatic control for overheating problems
2. Red Plaid Electric Blankets Heated Fleece Travel with 12 Volts:
This blanket is suitable for use at home as well as for traveling purposes. It features a super-soft quality polyester fabric.
- 12-volt power outlet that heats the blankets in a few minutes
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Large enough to for two people
- Comparatively expensive
3. Warmzzz Wool Single Electric Blanketselectric blanket in Blue:
The Warmzzz Wool Electric Blanket is a bed warmer that is used to heat the bed. However, you cannot use this as a blanket to cover yourself.
- It heats up very quickly.
- Based on your settings, it can take five to ten minutes to heat the bed completely
- The lowest setting is usually enough to get to the desired temperature
- The blanket doesn’t have the auto cut options
4. Odessey Polyester Electric Blanket for Single Bed in Twin Size:
This is the most convenient and economical electric blanket to keep you warm in cold conditions.
- It comes with three different levels of controlling the temperature – high, low, and medium
- Good quality polyester material
- It will not heat up quickly
5. Warmland Double Electric Blanket with Solid Polyester in Green:
Warmland solid blanket is the most famous and trusted electric blanket worldwide.
- Good quality fabric with 100 thread count
- Comes with dual control remote
- Shockproof and water resistance
- The color may not match the picture provided in the website description
6. Expressions 70W Electric Blanket Polyester Bed Warmer in 150 x 80 CM:
This bed warmer comes with a dual-controller option, which allows you and your partner to control the temperature as per your needs.
- Double safety measures with the overheat protection
- Three-level temperature control options
- It takes more time to get warm
7. Expressions Electric Blanket Bed Warmer for Single Bed Size (150 cms x 80 cms) Made in India:
This is another great bed warmer from the Expressions brand. It will help you get a good night’s sleep, and it consumes less energy.
- The blanket comes with the option of dual control.
- Hence you and your partner can set the temperature level as per your comfort level
- It uses less energy and is, therefore, more economical
- After multiple usages, some blankets face heating issues
8. Home Elite Electric Blanket with 140 TC Polyester Single Bed Warmer in Brown:
If you are looking to get rid of muscle pains and back pains, you can select the Home Elite 140 TC Polyester Electric Single Bed Warmer.
- High-quality fabric with 140 thread count
- Dual safety feature
- Heating time increases with the usage of the blanket
9. Genius Homes Electric Blanket with Shock Proof & Heating Single Bed Warmer:
The velvety fabric provides a cozy and comfortable sleep. It comes with five years of warranty with repair or replacement.
- Dual remote for controlling the temperature
- 100% shock and waterproof
- Auto cut to prevent the overheating
- The control switches get heated
10. Warmland Electric Blanket Polyester Single Bed Warmer in Blue:
Cozyland Polyester Single Electric Bed Warmer keeps you warm even in the deadliest of winter.
- Made with 100% waterproof and shockproof materials.
- Automatically shuts off the heating when the blanket becomes overheated
- Bad customer support
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of the top 10 best electric blankets. So, it should be easy for you to determine which blanket will be best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best electric blanket for you along with valuable benefits.
Is using an electric blanket good for your health?
The latest electric blankets are safe to use. However, in the older versions, improperly used or damaged blankets can harm you.
Do electric blankets cause cancer?
Modern and well-maintained electric blankets will not cause any problems.
Can electric blankets catch fire?
Yes, improper usage can cause the blanket to catch fire. Make sure you switch it off when not in use.
Which is the best electric blanket?
Sunbeam Micro plush Heated Blanket is the best electric blanket considering all the factors.
Does an electric blanket use a lot of power?
Typically, the electric blankets will not consume much power. It will cost less than running a heater.
Can you leave heated blankets on all night?
You should not keep the blanket on all night unless it comes with unique thermostat control for use overnight.
Can I sleep with an electric blanket?
Always recommended charging the blanket before you go to bed. It is good to avoid keeping the blanket on all night.
Can electric blankets electrocute you?
Yes, always a chance of getting electrocuted if the blanket is faulty or damaged. Overheating can cause shock.
Can you put a blanket over an electric blanket?
Electric heating blankets are placed over a blanket, and not placed under yourself or other blankets.
Are electric blankets good for arthritis?
Heat therapy can help to relax the muscles.
What happens if an electric blanket gets wet?
You need to dry the blanket with the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Otherwise, the wet blanket can cause electric shock.