If you want to play a cricket game you have to have the equipment. The most important part of the cricket equipment is a cricket bat. The invention of the bat belongs to the 18th century and happened in England.
Cricket is a game whose origin country is England. It was invented at the end of the 16th century. And this game became the national sport in England in the 18th century and it continued to develop globally through the 19th and 20th centuries. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Quality Cricket Net, Cricket Kookaburra ball, Cricket Balls, cricket bat and balls, Cricket Pads, Cricket Kits, Green Mats, Green Nets, Stumper Balls, and cricket bats in India.
Cricket is popular today in some countries such as Australia, the Caribbean, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh. Cricket Bat is an instrument that cricket players are using while playing.
The bat’s main role is to hit the ball in the game and help the batman in making runs. In this article, we are providing the best cricket bats along with a proper buying guide.
Top 10 Cricket Bats in India
Buyers Guide – Cricket Bat
If you are a professional cricket player, you know how to pick the right cricket bat for yourself, so you can skip this part of the article. As long as you are just a fan or a person who wants to learn how to play cricket, here are some bits of advice while purchasing a bat.
A Cricket Bat selection is not an easy task for you by simply go to the cricket equipment shop and buying it there. Because you will need knowledge and experience in order to choose the right bat for you. It is not enough to just buy a cricket bat that you like. The cricket bat is way much more than a likable item.
Just consider the below-mentioned points:
- At first, you should take the cricket bat and try to feel it in your hands.
- The cane can be too big or too small for your hands.
- There is a different shapes of the handle, so you need to find the right for yourself.
- The feeling should show you if the bat is too heavy for you.
- You should also make a swing, and try to do a few shots in order to get the feeling does it suits you.
- About the quality, that should be easier. A very expensive cricket bat is mostly the one with the highest quality.
- If you invest more money in the cricket bat, you will get the better one.
- But don’t forget to consider the most important part which is “how the cricket bat suits you”.
Features of a Cricket Bat:
The main feature of the cricket bat is that it’s a piece of special equipment to hit the ball by a batsman in the game of cricket. Here, the players of cricket are called batsmen. They are using the cricket bat to hit a ball while playing.
- The cricket bat mainly has two parts. One is the part that the batsman is holding in his hand and it is called the cane.
- The other part is one that they are using for hitting the ball and it is called the blade.
- And the cane is attached to the blade that is fronted flatly and has its role in hitting the ball.
- The sizes of cricket bats are different. But there is a rule that the bat shouldn’t be wider than 108 millimeters, and no longer than 965 millimeters.
- A cricket bat is usually has a cover for protection from snapping.
- The industry of cricket equipment is producing bats from wood, due to the Laws of cricket.
Types of Cricket Bats
Not every cricket bat is the same. The type of cricket bats changed according to the player’s usage and cost. Manufacturers are using different types of wood to produce bats.
Mainly there are four types of bats available in the market:
English Willow Bat:
- Most preferred of all for producing the bat is the English willow.
- This is the kind of wood that provides compression and strength that cricket bats need due to hit the ball.
- These bats are in the range 1-5, where one is the highest quality bat, and five is the lowest.
Kashmir Willow Bat:
- This Kashmir willow is a tree that got its name from the place it grows in Kashmir.
- It is a little bit darker than English willow.
- These willow bats are very expensive because they are handmade products.
- And Kashmir willow bats are strong, resilient, and lightweight.
Popular Willow Cricket Bat:
- These bats are named after the three they are made from – Popular.
- Popular bats are invented for children and beginners.
Training Cricket Bats:
- As the name says, training cricket bats are produced for special purposes.
- The players are using them due to practice.
- They can be made of English or Kashmir willow, but their only use is for training.
How Does a Cricket Bat Works?
As you know cricket bats are instruments for playing cricket. Their purpose is to hit a ball during the game. There are some things about using the bats that you need to do before you start to use the item.
Let’s find out the working & usage of a cricket bat:
- Many cricket bats are demanding oil and knock-in before using.
- This process takes a few hours, and you must perform it in order to keep your bat usable. If don’t, then you are risking the snapping of the bat.
- While playing the batsmen are having one of the most important roles in the game.
- They have to score and then run as fast as they can. Also, they are having multiple tasks in the game, and therefore many developed tactics for playing.
- The act when the batsman hits the ball is called a stroke or shot.
- There are several team players that are referred to as batsmen, but only one whose special skill is batting, so he is called a specialist batsman.
- Anyway, it is pretty clear how does the cricket bat works, so if you are about to try playing, good luck.
- And now we will tell you something about the ten best cricket bats that are available to buy.
Top 10 List of Cricket Bats in the Market:
Keep in mind that you need to consider the above-mentioned factors and features before purchasing a cricket bat for you. We made a list of the top 10 products along with their features, pros, and cons in order to make selection easy for you
1. New Balance Bat Burn Kashmir Willow with Bat Cover & Short Handle:
This is the bat that allows the player to maneuver easily, allowing them to hit the ball with maximal acceleration and without using much strength. You can use it to play cricket with a heavy leather ball, once you finish the oiling and knocking in.
- Weight: 1200 – 1250 Grams
- New Balance Cricket Bat made with the KASHMIR WILLOW material.
- For providing maximum acceleration this bat is designed and shaped with large edges and a sweet spot.
- The manufacturer took care that the bat can’t slip from your hand while playing.
- It is not heavyweight, and it is very easy to play good shots with it.
- This bat is looking beautiful.
- This bat is highly expensive.
2. GM Paragon Cricket Bat Size 5 Apex Kashmir Willow:
This is a Kashmir willow bat with a standard handle and a grade of 1. The manufacturers are preparing the bat to be ready for usage as soon as it is unpacked. This bat provides maximum power & stability while playing shots with the help of traditional style and shape.
- Weight: 920 – 975 Grams
- GM Paragon Cricket Bat is made with the top-quality Kashmir Willow material.
- It has very lightweight & covered for immediate use
- This bat has great protection and exquisite balance
- It is looking very nice and it is affordable.
- The item suits only 10 to 11 years old children.
3. SS Custom Cricket Bat English Willow Multicolor:
The “SS” company is producing this bat. They are using English willow to make this item. The company is suggesting using the softer ball in the beginning or doing the well knocking in before you start to play with it.
- Weight: 350 Grams
- SS Cricket Bat made with the English Willow material.
- It is available in different sizes
- The bat includes concave edges that allow you to make a very good shot.
- It designed Embossed Sunridges with aqua Grip
- This is a high-quality product.
- The bat suits are better for youth.
- It is very expensive.
4. SMT Bat For Cricket Genius Virat Kohli Popular Willow with Ball:
This is a bat invented for youth, or better say for 8-15 years old children. It has a very nice design and it is made after top professionally ranked bats. The producer is using Popular willow for making this bat. When you buy the bat, you will get the tennis ball in the package.
- Dimensions: 27 cm x 7 cm x 10 cm[Length x Width x Height]
- SMT Willow Cricket bat has a short handle.
- It is not an expensive bat compared to others.
- This is a great absorber of the shock.
- The bat feels lightweight while holding and playing too.
- If you are planning to play with a heavy ball, you are risking snapping. Use it only for playing with the soft tennis ball.
5. SG Phoenix Kashmir Willow Extreme Cricket Bat with Short Handle:
This is a Kashmir cricket bat with a traditional shape. It allows you to play highly stable shots. Also, it includes an adjustable strap and is fully protected by coverage.
- Dimensions: 24.41 inches x 1.57 inches x 3.94 inches
- Weight: 1.32 KGs
- SG Phoenix Cricket Bat made with Kashmir Willow.
- It comes with a full-length bat cover and a grain-faced bat tape.
- The bat looks very nice, with a beautiful color on it.
- It is ready for use immediately, and does not need oiling or knocking in.
- This bat fits the best for a 180 cm tall person. If you are taller or shorter, you should not buy this item.
- It feels very heavy in the hand.
6. DSC Scorer Cricket Bat Kashmir Willow with Short Handle:
This is the Kashmir willow cricket bat with a nice style and lightweight in your hand. It helps you achieve excellent performance and maneuvers. The item feels very lightweight in the hand, also while hitting the ball and going through the air. It has an extra protection layer on its’ surface.
- DSC Scorer Cricket Bat has a toe guard at the base for moisture protection.
- It allows you to make very good shots.
- This is not an expensive product.
- It is made by master craftsmen and has a nice pickup.
- With this bat, you can hit the ball very precisely.
- It appears that there are some copies of this product. Many people said that they got a heavyweight cricket that they bought online.
- This item is not suitable for playing with a hard leather ball.
7. SG Scorer Classic Cricket Bat Kashmir Willow with Short Handle:
This is a very smooth and good-looking Kashmir willow bat. It contains coverage for protection. The manufacturer’s accent was on allowing the bat to last longer.
- Weight: 1100 Grams
- SG Scorer Cricket Bat made with Kashmir Willow material.
- It is covered with a grain-faced bat tape which gives a smooth finish.
- This bat has a short handle along with a stylish look.
- The product is available at an affordable price.
- It may happen that you purchase the product online, and don’t get what you wanted. There are many copies available, so be careful while buying online!
8. DUKE Series Cricket Bat Kashmir Willow with Short Handle:
This bat should impress everyone who wants to buy it because of its beautiful style and shape. It has perfect edges and allows you to make a good shot by providing balance. Over this Kashmir willow bat, there is a cover for long-lasting durability.
- Weight: 1.90 KGs
- DUKE Cricket Bat is lightweight and comes with an ultra-modern design.
- Very easy to play due to its weight.
- It includes cover protection too.
- This bat also has a well-balanced blade, extra protection
and thick edges
- The bat has an affordable price.
- The bat suits for juniors, boys from 10 to 12 years.
9. SS Magnum Cricket Bat-English Willow:
The manufacturer is using different types of wood to produce this bat. They mostly use Selected English willow for making this item. This cricket bat is one of the favorite bats for professional cricket players. It has traditionally thick edges.
- SS Magnum Cricket Bat feels lightweight in your hand while playing cricket.
- You can use it to play with a tennis ball as well as the leather ball.
- This product is available at a reasonable price.
- If you are purchasing it online, you may not be happy. Many people who did it, said that the bat is cracking.
10. Gray Nicolls Cricket Bat Velocity Exclusive English Willow:
This is the English willow bat, intended for an advanced type of cricket player the age of 11 to 13 years. It looks very good with different colors on the bat’s body. You can use a hard leather ball while playing with this bat.
- Dimensions: 33.50 inches x 4.25 inches x 2.50 inches
- Weight: 1180 Grams
- Gray-Nicolls Bat made with the English Willow material.
- The item is including cover for long-lasting and durable.
- It comes with a mid-blade which is ideal for all-around stroke plays.
- The bat is high quality and lightweight product.
- This is quite an expensive product.
At the present moment, you have successfully checked the list of the best 10 cricket bats. So, it should be easy for you to determine which cricket bat best suits your requirements.
Now you have familiar with the features of the most popular cricket bats which are available in the market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of a bat along with valuable benefits.