A mini projector is one of the most useful gadgets of the 21st century. The reason for that is its small size and the fact that it can be taken everywhere. It is also very small in size and has lightweight.
Why would you want to take a mini projector with you? Basically you can make your own cinema at home. Or maybe you need to make a presentation to a small live audience. Or maybe you want to show specific images or movies at high-school or college. Also, check the buyers guide for Best wireless keyboard & Mouse combos available online.
The basic idea is that a portable projector is not only a good choice for entertaining. This means it can be carried with no difficulties and create quality time with family and friends. But considering the various models from different brands, you might have absolutely no idea which portable projector suits you. If this is the case, then take a look at this article!
Best Top Portable Mini Projectors
Buyers Guide – Mini Projector
Based on what criteria should you buy a good portable or mini projector?
Below you can find some characteristics to look for when you search for a good projector:
Make sure the mini or the portable projector has a good image and colour quality. You certainly don’t want a projector with desaturated colours and that projects unclear or pixelated images.
Check the number of lumens a projector has. Brighter environments require more lumens than usual to deliver viewable images. So make sure that the projector has at least 800 lumens for any circumstances.
The resolution of the projector should be at a decent number. A 720p HD projector is a decent option, as lower resolution means less quality in the images projected.
Check if the projector provides a good sound quality. Even though you can plug in external speakers, they might not be always an option. Sometimes you will have to rely on the individual speaker that the projector has.
Size of Room
When buying a projector, you should always take into consideration the size of your room. And let’s not forget the throw distance of the projector. The throw distance is basically the distance between the projector and the screen you want to project your footage on.
Make sure that the room is wide and tall enough so that you can actually use the projector. This can be achieved by checking the throw ratio of a projector.
You will waste a lot of money if you buy a projector that does not have enough connection options. Or worse, a projector that does not have the same connection port you had for speakers or any other gadget. Make sure that you can connect it to everything you need.
Features of Mini Projector or Portable Projector:
Before jumping to buy a projector, make sure you select a good one. You can do this by considering the following features of a good portable projector:
High resolution: A good portable projector should deliver at least a decent video quality. So a medium to high-end portable projector should have a resolution of at least 720pHD.
Portable: A mini projector is projecting the images using a set of lenses, filters, and mirrors. A decently made portable projector should have optics of very good quality.
Brightness: The screen brightness of a projector is also important. A decent mini projector can project viewable images even in a bright room.
Color Quality: The quality mini projector models produce very good color clarity.
Types of Mini Projectors:
Even though the portable projectors still don’t compete with theatre projectors, they are still a nice on budget choice.
There are 2 main types of mini projectors:
- The mini projector: A mini projector is the smallest type of projector yet. However, the small size does not make it more powerful as a portable projector. Despite this fact, it still works for playing games or making presentations. It may also come with a smaller resolution as well.
- The portable projector: The portable projector is the bigger version of a mini projector. However, it is still a very little product, which makes it easy to be carried around as well. The biggest benefit is that it is more powerful than the mini projector and likely has a higher resolution. For a bigger audience, this type of projector will prove more efficient.
How to Use the Mini Projector?
Now that you know what you should be looking for, there is only one issue to take into consideration. You may buy it, but do you know how to start it? Don’t worry, because you will find this out as well!
Check below step-by-step guide to start using your mini or portable projector:
- Turn off your computer or laptop.
- Take the video cable (VGA or other types) and connect it to both the laptop/computer and the projector.
- Plug your projector and then turn it on.
- Also, turn on your laptop as well.
- If you also need audio, then connect an audio device or the laptops sound system to the projector.
- Hold the Function key on your laptop’s keyboard and then press one of these 4 keys: F 4, F5, F7, or F8. This will synchronize the projector and the laptop.
- Done! Very simple and easy.
List of Top 10 Mini Projectors to Buy Online
Maybe you don’t like spending hours of research on finding the best mini or portable projector for you. So here you have a top 10 list of the best portable and mini projector models available to buy:
1. Everycom X7 Full HD LED Mini Projector Compatible with Smartphone:
The product supports up to 1080p resolution and it is compatible with most of the connection options available right now. This includes smartphones as well. It also projects 120-inch wide display.
- It is a multimedia device. IT can be connected through smartphones, cable ports, and Home Theatre. The best way to ensure you can use it anytime.
- It also supports video games. The gamers will be the happiest to hear this! A big gaming screen is mostly all they desire besides a good PC.
- The fact that it just supports 1080p doesn’t mean that the native resolution is also 1080p. Since it is not mentioned, it makes you wonder about the image quality.
- The in-built sound system is bad and you need to buy a second sound device.
2. PLAY 1080P WIFI Portable Mini Projector:
The last item from this list. However, it isn’t the worst! The projector presents a cool design and its projects in 1280x 1080 resolution.
- The resolution is actually bigger, so you will be able to enjoy very clean and crisp images.
- Since it is portable, you can carry it anywhere.
- You can connect smartphones to it.
- It is the most expensive of this list. Take this into consideration when you think of buying it.
- The lamp life is very short. It lasts up to 5000 hours, way lower compared to the others.
3. PUNNKK 1080p 800 Lumen White and Black Mini Projector(HDMI USB VGA AV):
The projector has multiple ports for every single connection option: USB, VGA, HDMI, AV. This model has 800 lumens, being able to brighten up the image of the screen well enough. This means that it can be viewed even in bright environments. It projects 120 inches wide display.
- It supports up to 1080p resolution, which is a great resolution to have on a projector.
- PUNNKK HD mini projector has an amazing picture quality along with good audio.
- You have multiple ports for different types of cables. This gives it versatility and makes more people buy.
- It does not require batteries, which is good because you don’t need to buy them as well.
- Few people said this product picture quality is normal.
- The product can’t connect with mobile devices and not suitable for android too.
4. EGATE i9 LED HD USB Mini Black Projector:
Similar to the previous model, the product comes with up to Full HD 1080p resolution and 120-inch display. However, the price is way cheaper than the previous model. Let’s find out why!
- 0-2000 lumens, which means it will create good images in bright environments, making the projection clearly as well and easy to spot.
- It is very easy to install and run. Since people don’t usually like to get stressed while trying to figure out something, this might be the best option.
- A very interesting quality is that the projector has a very good anti-dust system. This means the dust won’t settle from the inside, which is always annoying.
- It is not that great for office purposes, as it doesn’t have that big of a screen.
- The built sound system is not well made. This will annoy most of the people.
5. Vivibright WiFi & Android Portable LED Mini Projector:
A different product nonetheless, the projector comes with a native resolution of 1280 x 800 but supports up to 1080p. This portable projector has a different design and it looks like a recording camera. It projects up to 180 inches, depending on the throw distance you set.
- It has 3200 lumens, which brightens the image well enough for any environment.
- It comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. A very good perk for a projector, as it can also connect with the phone as well.
- It can play 3D movies as well. It brings a little more enjoyment seeing characters jump out of the screen.
- The image color tends more desaturated and poorer compared to other projectors.
- It is heavier than other projectors. Not a big issue, but it may cause back pain while travelling.
6. Punnkk LED 3D Mini Projector Supports 1080P Video 800 Lumens:
The projector comes with great features such as 3D capabilities, 800 Lumens and supports 1080p. Native resolution is 800 x 480. This is similar to most of the items from this list mentioned before.
- It has 3D capabilities, which makes movies more enjoyable and entertaining. You can’t hate a good 3D movie!
- Ooze PUNNKK mini projector has an excellent build quality and less heating while using the device.
- The LED lamp life estimated at about 30000 hours. It holds on for a long time and doesn’t consume much energy.
- It has a greatly improved ventilation system to keep the projector cool while running for a long period of time
- The only 800 lumens may make it hard to run the projector in a bright environment. This makes the projector available only in dark spots.
- This product has only 1 USB port.
- You need to have a laptop or DVD player in order to get good picture quality.
- The projector has no buttons. The problem is that if you lose the only remote control that comes with it, you can’t use it anymore.
7. UNIC UC40 Led Projector & Corded Portable Black & White:
This is one of the cheapest products on this list. It is a portable projector that comes with a lamp resistance of 20.000 hours, nice colorful images. However, it is a modest item for a modest price.
- It doesn’t consume much power.
- You can easily change the picture size, which is always good.
- The projector works best in a classroom environment or small presentations.
- You can’t connect the phone to the projector.
- The sound is very bad. You will need an additional sound device.
8. Dinshi Infinix+ 1000 Lumen LED Full HD Mini Projector:
The product comes with 1000 lumens, has all the port types and has a builtin miracast. It supports up to 1080p resolution, but the native resolution is 800 x 480.
- It can connect to smartphones and other devices.
- The image size can go up to 150 inches
- The fan is quiet so it doesn’t disturb the sound
- It is not good for business presentations, mostly made for movies.
- The Wi-Fi range is quite small
9. EGATE i9 HD LED WIFI ANDROID MINI PROJECTOR:
The projector comes with a resolution up to 1080p FHD, fancy white color, and small sizes. It projects 120 inches wide display. Perfect for watching movies in groups and for presenting footage.
- The supported 1080p resolution gives the projector a nice quality image. It is something you definitely want to have on any device.
- EGATE mini projector has a Wi-Fi connection and can connect to android phones. So don’t worry if you don’t have a laptop or a computer available. You can just connect it to your phone and have some quality movie time.
- All 4 connection cable types are available on this product as well. So you can basically use it in any situation.
- The individual sound device is not that great. You will need to buy better speakers.
- This projector has customizable display settings only for videos.
10. Play 3D Beamer Video LED Mini Projector with 3.0 HDMI USB:
An elegant, but with a simple design, this projector has HDMI, VGA, and 3.0 USB ports. The main purpose of this product is a home theatre. The resolution actually 1080p and 1.5 to 5meter projection range.
- The LED lamp can last up to 60.000 hours. It is a huge amount of time you will not need to worry about fixing it. It also comes with 2 vents to cool down the device.
- The projection size goes up to 365 inches. A huge size!
- It is small and light. This makes it easy to carry.
- The price is quite higher than the other products.
- It has no guide, so you will have to start it on your own.
At the present moment, you have successfully checked the list of best 10 mini projectors. So, it should be easy for you to determine which mini or portable projector will meet your requirements.
Now you have familiar with the features of the most popular portable projectors which are available in the market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of mini projectors along with valuable benefits.