Idli maker a utensil or cooker used to prepare idli. Idli is the name of a traditional south Indian breakfast, which is very popular across India. It’s a rice cake, made by steaming a batter consisting of lentils and rice. Idli has in composition rice mixed with black gram, some salt, fenugreek seeds, and water. The delicious idli can be eaten with chutney or sambar.
For a delicious idli meal, however, you will need a very good idli maker. Most people may not be so sure about which is the best choice to buy. So, in this article, you will find the best idli makers, idli stands, and idli cookers available on Amazon. Also, check buyers guide for best kitchen Tongs, Egg boilers, Bread Toasters, Sandwich makers, pizza makers, and Best Dough Makers in India
Best Idly Makers in India
Buyers Guide – Idli Maker
Look for common brands! Buying a cheap idli maker from an unknown brand will likely prove to be very disappointing. Always try to look for known, best-seller brands that produce idli makers.
Buy a multi-purpose idly maker. You can use the pot for regular cooking after you remove the idli stands and plates.
- No of Plates
Make sure that you buy enough plates to make idli for your entire family. Choose the number of plates according to family members, so that you don’t buy too few or too many!
- Multi Utility Plates
Check if your idli cooker has multi-utility plates. This is useful if you want to cook and steam vegetables. It is a way to reduce the cost and the need for buying an additional plate for vegetables only.
- Induction Cum Gas Based
- Maintenance & Body
Check the body and the maintenance of the idli cooker. If you have an idli maker made from poor material, it will not last for long. You should go to non-stick. plastic or stainless steel idli maker and idli stand. It is easier to maintain and clean them.
Make sure that you have a good lid! Check before buying if the lid has a special spot for letting out excessive steam. It is crucial for the good taste and quality of the idlis that you cook.
Features of Idli Maker
- A good idli cooker can make idli in almost no time. Why waste time and money every time you want to go and buy idlis? You can just make them at home! It is way easier, quicker, and cheaper
- Made of good quality stainless steel. It is very strong and resistant to rust and corrosion.
- It can be used with an induction cooktop and gas stove. This makes it a very versatile product.
- It comes with a whistle and better steam pressure control. It makes sure you get a delicious meal every time.
- Corrosion resistance, rustproof design. Who doesn’t hate rust or corrosion which is set after a long time of usage? This is no longer an issue with a good idli maker.
Types of Idli Makers or Idli Cookers
Every idli maker has the same purpose: to cook idli. However, the idli makers have different types, such as the following:
- Microwave Idli Makers: They are available in different colors. They can be used only in microwaves, and they are made of either plastic or ceramic. They might be user-friendly, but they are not as good as the other types.
- Induction Cum Gas idli Maker: They are adaptable and used with both gas stoves and induction. They are very good and user-friendly.
- Induction Idli maker: This type works only with an induction cooktop. It is a portable idli maker, which makes it a better choice for some people.
- The Conventional Idli Maker: The usual, original idli maker made of aluminum. It makes soft and good idlis every single time!
How Does an Idli Cooker Work?
If you need some tips for using an idli maker, then read the following steps:
- Take the pot and put a little amount of water in it. Make sure it does not burn the plates. However, make sure you don’t put too much!
- Place the idli on the idli plates
- Stack the idli stands one on top of another on the main idli stand.
- Screw them together, one on top of another, and make sure they stand straight.
- Place them straight into the pot and make sure water can’t reach the idlis. If it does, get rid of most of it.
- Place the lid tight on top and leave it on the stove for about 12-15 minutes.
- After 12-15 minutes, get the idlis out and leave them cool down for a couple of minutes. They will become spongy, like a pancake, perfect for a nice meal.
List of Top 10 Idli Makers Online in India
So, which idli maker should you buy? These are 10 of the best idli makers available to buy. Enjoy your healthy idli meal! Very easy and user-friendly!
1. Pigeon 7500 ml Hot 24 Idli Pot with Steamer:
It is a stainless steel idli maker, resistant and it can be cleaned easily. Every piece has an elegant design, made to provide delicious idlis. It contains a 1-piece idli maker, 6-pieces idli plates, and a 1-piece strainer.
- Strong and resistant! A very nice quality maker. It makes sure it holds for a long time! Very elegant and it fits in a kitchen décor!
- Rustproof and hygienic.
- Easy to maintain. You don’t need special tools or additional products to use it, It’s a very good user-friendly product.
- This idli maker is compatible with an induction cooktop, which makes it a lot versatile and useful in more situations.
- Some reviewers say that if you use it with an induction cooktop, the bottom will be burnt within a couple of months. Be careful with the product. Make sure you avoid this inconvenience.
- Careful with the vessels that can leak rust if not maintained! The idlis will be intoxicated with it!
2. Kishu’s Kitchen Cookware Stainless Steel Idli Stand with 4 Plates:
It is a stainless steel idli stand, sturdy and elegant, which comes with 4 idli plates. Each is able to cook 4 idlis, which means 16 idlis in total. This is only a stand that does not come with a pot.
- Good quality and resistant stainless steel idli stand. This ensures good functionality and a long lifetime for this stand.
- It comes with 4 plates, each being able to cook 4 idlis, which means a total of 16 idlis.
- It has an accessible price, which makes it more popular and a better choice.
- The stand doesn’t come with a pot, so you will have to buy it separately.
- It comes with only one center rod. If you break it, you will not be able to cook idlis anymore.
3. Solimo Induction Bottom Stainless Steel Multi Kadai with 5 Plates:
A stainless steel idli maker set, coming with 1 Kadhai, 2 Idli plates (4 cavities each), 2 Dhokla/Momo plates, and 1 Pathra plate.
- It comes with a variety of plates. Each one is used for a different task. This brings versatility up and makes the product a better choice.
- Works on a both gas stove and induction cooktop.
- It is very easy to handle and maintain. It also protects from rust and corrosion because it has a stainless steel body.
- It has only 4 idlis per plate, compared to the other 7 idlis per plate models.
- The stands have very cheap plastic which can harm the consumer.
4. Pristine Stainless Steel Induction Compatible Multi-Purpose Kadai with Sandwichbase:
It comes with a glass lid pot and 5 idli plates of 27cm. This is one of the dishwasher-safe idli makers from the Pristine brand.
- It comes with 5 huge plates with a diameter of 27cm.
- It is compatible with both induction and gas stoves. Another adaptable product!
- It can cook more than just idlis, such as dhoklas or mini-pancakes. This gives the feature of multi-purpose item maker around the kitchen
- The product is unavailable on Amazon for whatever reason. So you will have to find it elsewhere.
- The inner plate is hard to place because of the 3 handles. It is not a huge issue but something you should keep in mind
5. Hawkins 5-Liter Pressure Cooker Idli Stand Silver:
Hawkins Idli cooker comes with an aluminum idli stand. It is a 1 piece stand that can cook up to 12 idlis. It has a medium size, and it is very elegant. However, the product is not compatible with an induction cooktop!
- The stand is light.
- The 1-piece model makes it less messy and easier to place in the pot.
- It has aluminium material, which is a very good heat conductor.
- It can only cook up to 12 idlis. It is less compared to other products present on this list.
- Doesn’t fit a 5ltr pressure cooker. You might need to buy a new pot.
6. Alisha Italia All in One Idli Maker with Dhokla and Steamer Plate:
Alisha idli maker a stainless-steel set which comes with 5 plates. It also comes with a pot as well and has a fancy look. It is compatible with both gas stoves and induction cooktop.
- The material has a very good quality, which makes sure you keep yourself healthy and with good hygiene.
- It is resistant and you can clean it easily.
- You can serve lots of different meals.
- The size of the pot is smaller than other products. This becomes an issue only if you plan to cook more idlis at once.
- The lid opens when the steam starts to rise. This is a major concern, especially because the lid opens even if tightly closed.
7. iBELL Idly Cooker Stainless Steel with 6 Idli Plates:
A standard stainless steel idli cooker, coming with 6 idli plates, each with a capacity of 4 idlis. It has a strong, sturdy, rust-proof and hygienic body so that it cooks a healthy idli meal.
- It is compatible with both induction cooktop and gas stove.
- The gauge is thick, which assures long durability. A very good choice for idli lovers.
- It is quick, easy to use, and also it is user-friendly.
- The idli plates that come with it are to close to each other. In this situation, the idli can stick itself from the bottom of the other plate. However, this is a very common situation for lots of idli makers.
- The product is slightly difficult to assemble.
8. LUXURIA Steamer & IDLY Pot
This is a different idli maker. It comes in a different fresh shape. The stand has larger, more spacious plates, which can now cook up to 21 idlis. The pot and plates have a strong aluminum material.
- The idli maker has non-melting and resistant handles and knobs.
- The product has multiple usages, which means it is used as an idli pot, but also for a different recipe.
- It is perfect for an LPG.
- The price is higher than the other products mentioned (except the Pigeon).
- The plastic attached to it has bad quality. It can be noticed while cooking because of the smell.
9. WayMore Kalash All in One Idli Cooker Copper Steamer:
Kadai Induction underneath Multi Kadai with 5 Plates. The set comes with 5 plates: 2idli,2Dhokla,1PatraPlate. It is a fine stainless-steel body and it has an energy-efficient and induction sandwich base, perfect for idlis.
- It is a multi Kadai used on various occasions.
- The cooking in this idli maker is simple and quick.
- Works on both induction and gas stove.
- The copper bottom vessel is very thin.
10. Mitali Induction Base Stainless Steel Idli Maker with 2 Idly Plates:
The last on this top, this stainless steel idli cooker has a medium price, an induction base, and a sturdy body. You will get only 2 idly plates with this product.
- Mitali idli cooker is easy to wash and clean.
- It has a stainless steel body, which prevents corrosion and rust.
- It takes a small place and delivers great quality.
- It is not compatible with a gas stove.
- It comes only with 2 plates, which can cook only 9 idlis.
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the Best Idli Makers in the market. So, it should be easy for you to determine which idli maker or cooker will meet your requirements and wishes of using the best idli maker.
You have become familiar with the pros, and cons of the most popular idli makers of the market along with a good buying guide. All these things make it easy for you to make a good choice of the idli cooker or idli maker and have the rest of the benefits.