Sony is a very trustworthy and reputable establishment, which is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of electronic products. Therefore, amongst these products are the home theatre systems. When it comes to Music, Sports, or Movies, the basic TV speaker can’t give you the experience you desire. So, Sony is one brand out of many, to bring the cinema hall right to your doorstep.
The Home theatre system comes either as a home theatre speaker or a soundbar, the latter is usually an alternative to the former. This is as a result of cost price, and simplicity, it also offers quality and improved sound over built-in speakers. on the other hand, the home theatre speakers are more powerful than soundbars, as it offers quality sounds which is more like the cinema experience. However, the two theatre systems, are both good and the choice of purchase is solely dependent on the buyer’s preference. Furthermore, if you are planning on getting the best Sony home theatre for your home then, here are things you need to know. Also check the buyers guide for the best Amplifier Speakers, Home Theatres, 5.1 Home Theatres, Sound Bars, Ahuja Speakers, Bluetooth Speakers & Subwoofers in India.
Top 10 Best Sony Home Theatre System in India
Features of Sony Home Theatre System
- A complete home theater system comprises an Audio Video (AV) Receiver or Amplifier, a subwoofer, and a satellite speaker.
- All these are bought together as a single kit, which is cheaper compared to buying them separately.
- Meanwhile, Sony offers different models of the Home theater system and their cost varies depending on the features they offer.
These are four features your theatre system should have:
- It should have multiple connectivities including Bluetooth and also, should be easily compatible.
- The subwoofer should have a good RMS power rating and peak power to be able to deliver good audio quality.
- A good AV receiver should have different channels like 2.1, 3.1 … and more. It should also, offer various modes. And, if the receiver can support Dolby Atmos, it’s a bonus.
- It should have a good design and build quality.
Types of Sony Home Theater Systems
Pre-packaged home theatre systems A.K.A Home-Theater-in-a-box
- This is a home theater speaker where everything is made by one manufacturer and also, contained in one box.
- Like, the speaker (front left, right, center speaker with the rear speakers), the AV receiver, and the subwoofer.
- The speakers are available in different sizes following different room sizes.
- Therefore, we have the self-size and the floor-standing speakers which are placed according to create an astounding sound experience.
- Furthermore, speakers could either have an active (external AV receiver) or passive (in-built AV receiver) subwoofer.
Home theater made from separate components
- Here, the home theater components such as the speaker, receiver, and subwoofer are bought separately.
- Therefore, they could be from different manufacturers.
- This is an alternative to speakers, here, all the speakers are housed in an enclosure hence, the name soundbar.
- Also, it requires few wires and its set-up process is very easy too.
- It is placed at the centre of the TV either, above or below.
Buyer’s guide – Sony Home Theatre Systems
- Consequently, the good thing about a home theater is that it can be customized however way the owner deems it fit.
- That is to say, it is very unique to each house owner, portraying one’s lifestyle and personality.
- However, no matter how unique you want your home theater to be, they are general factors to consider when building your theater system.
Size of the room
First, you have to consider the size of the room which is intended to be the private theater. Hence, it will help you decide on which type of system to opt for.
Secondly, you need to decide on what type of screen you need, should it be a TV or Projector. However, if you own a screen, it should be a 4k large screen as this provides clear and life-like pictures. Also, it should be compatible with your desired home theater system.
Lastly, your theater system should have multiple connection choices, it’s subwoofer and receiver should have a high-power output. So, for an immersive quality surround sound experience, the speakers should be positioned accordingly.
How to use Sony Home Theatre Systems
- Setting up your home theater after you decide on what speaker system to use either, a soundbar or speaker – Is an easy one.
- Therefore, whatever speaker package you go for either 2.1, 3.1….7.1, place all components in the right position.
- However, if you get confused refer to the speaker’s manual for help.
- Firstly, to connect your home theater system to a TV or any other device, ensure every component is placed properly.
- Next, using the connectivity option of the sound system, connect your cable from the speaker to the device you wish to pair it up with.
- Also, change the mode using a remote or a button on the sound system to its respective connectivity option.
- For instance, if the connection to your TV is done using an HDMI cable, therefore, you’ll change the source to HDMI ARC.
- Then, the sound from the device will be heard through the soundbar or home theater speaker.
List of Top 10 Best Sony Home Theatre System Models in India
1. Sony SA-D40 4.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker System.
This product has all the necessary features needed to experience a bass and also, a wider sound effect. It, therefore, provides Bluetooth connectivity in line with USB and audio inputs too.
- Compatible with all Bluetooth devices, IOS, Android, and others.
- Full function remote control.
- High and very clear sound.
- Very affordable.
- It is very durable.
- The colour is black.
- No option for adjusting the Bass and Treble level through Speakers or Remote.
- No HDMI connection option.
2. Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1 Channel Dolby Soundbar Home Theatre System (Black).
This soundbar has a slim design that will decorate the room nicely wherever it is placed. It, therefore, comes with two rear audio systems that deliver balanced audio in its purest form. Again, its subwoofer provides a rich bass for all your music, and movies.
- It provides a high-speed HDMI cable.
- The sound quality is excellent.
- Bluetooth connectivity works excellently well.
- The remote is easy to manage.
- It supports Dolby digital which provides high-quality surround sound.
- The display is small, therefore, it’s difficult operating with a remote from a distance.
- It does not support DTS audio.
3. Sony HT-S20R 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theater System-Black.
This system features a wired rear speaker, a soundbar, and a wired external soundbar. They combine to produce high quality and clear cinema-like experience.
- Easy streaming and playing of music through Bluetooth and USB play.
- The total power output is 400W with rich bass.
- Easy to setup.
- Supports Dolby digital and produces high-quality audio too.
- Full function remote.
- The bar can be mounted on a wall or table-top.
- HDMI cable is not provided.
4. Sony HT-RT40 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tall boy Soundbar Home Theater System.
Experience with this device the luxury of sharing media files with any device you want. Also, it features a Dolby digital surround sound, you can also control the music using the Sony Music Center App.
- Quality sound and rich bass.
- It has a high Bluetooth quality.
- The product is beautifully designed.
- Easy to setup.
- Supports HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) input and also, an optical input.
- Night mode can be enabled or disabled.
- Remote is available.
- Nothing at the moment.
5. Sony SA-D10 4.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker System.
If you want to experience low-frequency sound come alive, then you are at the right place. This 4.1 channel subwoofer is very powerful, that it also produces astounding bass. Also, you can connect and operate your speaker from your TV, PC, or smartphone using a USB connection.
- Premium design
- Remote is available.
- Supports USB, AUX, and AV ports
- Rich bass
- Very inexpensive.
- It’s not a Bluetooth speaker but, you can purchase an external USB Bluetooth receiver.
- No HDMI ports.
6. Sony SA-D20 CE12 2.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker System with Bluetooth, Black.
This product has two satellite speakers and also, has a total power output of 60W. Also, it comes with a big size subwoofer that produces wider and clearer sound effects.
- Remote available.
- Amazing sound clarity.
- Good bass
- Bass cannot be adjusted.
- No FM radios.
- No Bluetooth is available.
7. Sony HT-G700 3.1ch Dolby Atmos Atmos/DTS:X soundbar with wireless subwoofer.
This is among the best systems available due to the features it carries. Buyers will also, enjoy the real cinema-like sound with its center speaker that provides clearer dialog.
- Easy streaming and playing of music through Bluetooth.
- Supports HDMI Earc/ARC.
- Good design.
- Dolby Atmos/ DTS for high-quality sound with an immersive experience.
- No major problem reported by users yet.
8. Sony BDV-E3200 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Blu-ray Home Theater
It has a 5.1 surround sound technology with 5 speakers and a subwoofer, it has a football mode which is a plus for football lovers. And, its total power output is 1000W, and additional features like ClearAudio+ and S-Master Digital for enhancing the sound.
- Good sound and clear bass.
- It supports NFC and Bluetooth connection.
- Also, supports Dolby True HD and DTS HD that provides quality audio.
- It has in-built Wi-Fi.
- The product design is excellent
- Remote available.
- Bass is not strong enough.
9. Sony HT-S350 2.1ch Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
The soundbar comes with a wireless subwoofer with power with a power output of 320Watts. And, it comes with the S-Force Pro surround Technology that provides cinema-like surround sound without the need for additional rear speakers. Also, it has seven modes to spice up the entertainment experience. For instance, the cinema mode, Game studio mode, sport mode, Music and News mode.
- Good quality sound and bass.
- Premium build design.
- It has several connectivity options like HDMI ARC, optical input, and Bluetooth.
- It has a full-function remote.
- No in-built Wi-Fi
10. Sony HT-S500 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theater System
This home theatre is super easy to install. And, unlike other home theaters, this one comes with a 30metres cable that makes installation easy. It’s a 100W power output that ensures high bass and it comes with front tweeters for perfect surround sound.
- Premium product design.
- It has a high-quality surround sound with Dolby digital.
- Easy to setup.
- Multiple connection options like BT, USB, HDMI ARC, and optical input.
- Different contents can be managed easily including sound with the Music Center App.
- No in-built Wi-Fi.
Familiarize yourself with these before setting up your home theater. Therefore, if you’ve gone through this article, you’ll be able to select the best Sony home theater of your choice.
Which Sony Home Theater is Best?
This article has put together a list of the 10 best home theater in India.
Which is the best Home Theater in India?
Sony home theaters are one of the best in India now.
Which Company Sound System is Best?
They are a lot of companies that produce good sound systems but, above are the best Sony’s best system in India now.
How do I Choose a Music System for my Home?
To do this, you can go through reviews of your preferred music system.
What is the difference between Soundbar and Home Theater?
A soundbar is a type of home theater system which is made up of different speakers (left, right and center) enclosed in a single bar. Also, it is a very portable device with fewer wires or no wire at all. While a Home Theater speaker has individual speakers depending on the number of channels that need to be positioned strategically. Therefore, a soundbar and a Home theater speaker are two kinds of Home Theater set-up.