Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana is also popular as DDU-GKY. This scheme launched by Union Minister Hon. Nitin Gadkari and Hon. Vice president Venkaiah Naidu on 25th September 2014 on the 98th birthday of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay.
The objective of this scheme is to make the village youth start earning and they can stand on their own feet.
Under this scheme, skills will be given to the youth from 15 to 35 years. The scheme has been implemented in more than 50 regions and more than 250 business areas in 200 districts and 33 states/union territories of the country.
Here in the following, we have provided a complete guide of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana.
What is Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana?
According to the 2011 census of India, there were 5.50 crore potential workers in the rural areas of India between the ages of 15 to 35 years.
At the same time, by the year 2020, a total shortage of 5.70 crore workers was estimated. So, there is a historic opportunity for India to convert its additional population into a workforce.
So, the government implemented ‘Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana’ on the skill development and productive capacity development force of poor families.
This scheme (DDU-GKY) aims to provide monthly wages equal to or above the regular minimum wage to poor rural youth in jobs.
It is one of the initiatives taken by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India to promote rural livelihoods.
The ‘Deendayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Yojana’, a scheme aimed at providing new opportunities to the unemployed, was launched on September 25, 2014, under Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu and Nitin Gadkari.
Under this scheme, skill training is imparting in more than 250 trades where rural or poor people can get good employment through education/training without money. For more information can be found at http://www.ddugky.gov.in/
Characteristics of this scheme:
- There is a strong demand for economic opportunities among the poor as well as immense opportunities to develop their work capabilities.
- To develop India’s demographic excess into a share, it is necessary to have a network of strong institutions along with social cohesion.
- Quality and standards are paramount for the delivery of skilling to make rural poor desirable to Indian and global employers.
- To enable the poor to use remunerative and permanent employment through regular wages to reduce poverty.
- To train the villagers for Kausal development without discrimination without casteism and become capable of them.
- Under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojna, at least 75% of educated people have to give a guarantee of co-employment.
The objective of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU–GKY):
- Making selection based on merit
- Raising awareness among the community
- Mobilizing working rural youth
- Counseling of youth as well as parents
- Assisting the working person for stability after the appointment
- Providing such jobs that can be verified by independent screening methods and who pay more than minimum wages.
Priority is given to PIAs offering the following for funding projects:
– Foreign placement
– Captive employment: PIAs or organizations that are training skills to meet internal human resource needs
– Industry Internship: Support for an internship with co-funding from industry
– Champion Employer: PIA who can assure skill training and placement for a minimum number of 10,000 DDU.
– GKY trainees over 2 years
– Highly reputed educational institutions: Institutes with minimum 3.5 gradings from National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), community colleges funded by University Grants Commission (UGC) or All India Council for Technical Education who are interested in DDU-GKY projects.
Special features of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU–GKY):
- The scheme is an element of the “National Rural Livelihoods Mission-NRLM”.
- 550 lakh rural unemployed will get benefits through this scheme.
- The scheme guarantees jobs for at least 75% of the educated unemployed.
- SC / ST 50%, women 33%, minority 15% included in this scheme.
- Under this scheme, the villagers get skill development training without any caste discrimination so that they can increase their income.
- In this scheme, people are given regular wage work. The scheme aims to provide permanent employment to villagers.
- The scheme enhances the efficiency of the villagers. They get training in new types of skills so that they can increase their income and lead a happy life.
- The government intends to create a strong network by starting this scheme so that the demographic surplus can benefit.
- The scheme provides financial assistance to projects of training duration ranging from 576 hours (3 months) to 2,304 hours (12 months).
- The scheme provides grants for more than 250 trade sectors such as gems and jewelry, pipeline, electricity, leather, automotive, construction, health, hospitality, retail trade.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Scheme Approach:
- Change in prominence – training to career progression
- To enable poor and marginalized people to benefit from the development
- Reducing the pain of migration when migration is inevitable
- A proactive approach to building partnerships
- Monitoring of input and output – where the major spotlight is on position i.e. output
- It enables the states to acquire complete rights of DDU-GKY projects & decided that no more Multi-State Projects (MSPs) will consider.
- State Government Chief Assessor – From Single State Project (SSP) to Annual Action Plans (ASP)
- Enhancing the capacity of Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs)
- Consent and state share is mandatory
Eligibility of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU–GKY):
- Rural youth selected for this scheme. They must be 15 to 35 years old
- The maximum age of SC / ST / Women / PVTG / PWD should be up to 45 years.
Documents required for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU–GKY):
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN card
- Passport Size Photo
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
How to apply for the scheme Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU GKY)?
- Click on the link http://ddugky.gov.in/apply-now.
- Enter all the information correctly like name, address, state name, district, email ID, identity card like Aadhaar / PAN card / Voter ID, mobile number, work, and sector. Also, you need to fill captcha after uploading a photo of the identity card. This is how you can register online.
Visit the Kaushal Panjee application for employer registration, candidate registration, trainer registration, registration status, know Kaushal Panjee id, etc.
Kaushal Panjee Services:
Steps for Candidate registration process on Kaushal panjee:
candidate registration steps
- Give Registration type- (Fresh or new registration, incomplete Registration form, Registered candidate)
- Fill SECC Information
- Fill Address Information
- Enter Personal Information
- Fill Training Program details
Steps for Employer registration process on Kaushal Panjee:
- Here Employers can register & post any job openings.
- Employers should fill all the details like employer category, business type, name of the organization, registration number, date of registration, employer id proof(PAN, TAN, GSTN), upload id proof, enter the address – state, city, pin, enter email, website, contact number.
- Authorized person details like- name of the person, designation, email, mobile number, gender, sector & trade.
- After entering all the details then submit the details.
Kaushal Panjee Trainer Registration:
- Visit the Kaushal Panjee Trainer registration form
- Enter trainer details like trainer’s name, father’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email, gender ( Male, female, transgender), expected salary, current CTC, Aadhaar Number, whether TOT(Training of Trainers) certified or not yes or no, address & upload the CV
- Enter trainer qualification details like Name of university, year of passing, the month of passing, percentage of marks secured matriculation, higher secondary, graduation, etc
- Trainer Job Details like sector & Trade.
- Generate OTP & Enter OTP
- Submit the details to get trainer registered.
Check Kaushal Panjee Registration Status:
Enter the registration id & enter the captcha to get the registration status details.
Know Kaushal Panjee registration ID:
- To get Kaushal Panjee registration id to enter state name, district name, candidate name, fathers name, mothers name & date of birth
Know Kaushal Panjee Training centers details:
Official website of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana:
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana official website is http://ddugky.gov.in/
Address of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
Rural Skills Division,
Ministry of Rural Development,
7th Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
Office Time: 9:30 A.M. -5: 30 P.M.
(Monday to Friday except for holiday)
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana provides updates on job openings available with different employers’ private & public sectors.
Thus, DDU GKY one of the best schemes launched by the government of India to bring rural areas up. The main purpose of the DDU-GKY scheme is to enable the poor to have the best and world-class training, emphasis, and funding in providing employment, improve livelihoods, and make employment and provide employment abroad.
This brings a historic prospect for India to convert the demographic surplus into a demographic dividend. The Ministry of Rural Development implements the DDU-GKY yojana. So to facilitate national agenda pursued complete development through productive capability and developmental skill of rural youth belong to deprived families.