The best solar inverter in India utilizes solar power and produces electricity to run home appliances. Every resource in the world has an end, and energy resources are not an exception.
Actually, our dependence on energy increases every day, and in order to cover this need, many people opt for other renewable and free energies such as solar energy. We all know that solar energy comes from the energy released by the sun.
The main role of the solar inverter is to convert the DC power into AC power. Since all the gadgets and appliances that we use today, need AC power to work. Also, check the buyer’s guide of the best UPS for PC, best inverters in India.
Through this article, we will discover the main advantage of solar inverters, types of solar inverters, a buyer’s guide. And we finish with a review of the best solar inverters, their pros, and cons.
Best 9 Solar Inverters in India
Buyers Guide – Solar Inverter In India
Make sure, if you plan to buy a grid-tie inverter, that it has anti-island protection. This technology allows the inverter to shut down if there is a power outage. Without anti-island protection, the maintenance would be very dangerous for the worker.
- It’s the protection of your device from dust and water.
- The solar inverter may face tough conditions like fluctuating voltage, dust, water, and high temperature.
- The IP rating tells you the capability of the inverter to survive in such conditions.
- This is another parameter that any buyer should consider before purchasing a solar inverter.
- The efficiency tells you the quantity of energy that the inverter can convert into usable power comparing to the energy produced by the panels.
- To obtain a solar inverter with good efficiency, check the peak efficiency value that the manufacturer provides, it gives you an idea about the highest efficiency your inverter could attain.
- Inverters generally produce outputs with different waveforms, there is a square wave, sine wave, etc.
- When you are about to buy an inverter, make sure to buy an inverter producing a true sine wave.
- Keep in mind that this type of wave is the most efficient one.
Duration of the battery backup:
- One of the most important points to consider is the number of hours for which the battery can supply the energy starting from the moment of first use.
- You can calculate the duration of the battery backup using this simple formula below.
Time= Battery Voltage x Inverter Efficiency x Battery Capacity / Load.
- To make it more simple; we have a battery with 15V of voltage and a capacity of 160AH and you need to run a light of 50 watts.
- Another smaller light of 30 watts, and a device of 80 watts. Knowing that your inverter efficiency is 80%, the duration that you obtain is 12 hours.
Advantages or Features of Solar Inverters:
The common idea is to get solar energy; we have to install solar panels.
This is only what it seems to be. It’s right that the most important parts are the solar panels, however, to use properly the solar energy you have to choose a good solar inverter in addition to the solar panels.
- By using a solar inverter and so solar energy, we save our planet from the greenhouse phenomenon.
- When you use solar inverters and products, you save a lot of money.
- Once you installed the solar inverter, you can forget about the electricity bills.
- A solar inverter changes constantly the direct current into an alternating current. This makes it a very reliable source of energy.
- It is very convenient when we need to empower small organizations and businesses.
- A solar inverter is affordable and easy to install, unlike generators.
- Its maintenance is simple; you only have to be aware of the infiltration of water inside the inverter.
Types of Solar Inverters
Today, we can find on the market two categories of solar inverters and each category has three subcategories. The first one is based on the working of the solar inverter where we have a string inverter, central inverter, and micro-inverter.
The second category is based on the inverter’s interaction with the grid power. We spot the stand-alone inverter, grid-tie inverter, and backup battery inverter.
- We call it to string inverter because it is connected to a series of solar panels.
- This inverter string of panels, a line of panels having a connection together.
- Besides being the cheapest technology available on the market, it is the most reliable one and it’s very convenient for commercial and residential applications.
- Since it is only used to convert the DC to AC, its installation hence maintenance is very simple and easy.
- However, the string inverter has disadvantages that you should consider before buying one.
- The most important drawback is that if only one panel works poorly, it will affect the entire series of the panel.
- And even if one panel gets shaded by any object in the surroundings, it will be affected.
- Objects like leaves, trees, or even dust can make this problem.
- The other disadvantage of the string inverter that we should mention is the complexity of detecting and identifying the defective panel among the series of panels.
- Actually, the string inverter considers all the series of the panel as an only one panel
- To make it simple, the central inverter is a string inverter but with a bigger size.
- The central inverter works exactly as the string inverter does, plus the advantage of dealing with a bigger number of series of panels.
- The central inverter has a combiner in which we connect the different strings of panels.
- This combiner box collects the DC power then sends it to the inverter to convert it to AC power.
- Also, this type of inverters suits the large systems capable of producing over 5MW.
- It is more convenient for large systems since they provide steady power production.
- But as the central inverter is a kind of big string inverter, which means it has the same drawbacks as the string inverter has.
- Talking about the cons, the biggest problem with the central inverter is when about 10% of the panels are for example shaded; we lose 50% of the power production.
- It is a tiny inverter that we fix at the back of each panel.
- The micro-inverter converts the DC power into AC power, then combines and supplies that power to the grid.
- The micro-inverter gives the possibility to have a parallel connection between the solar panels.
- Since we have a micro-inverter for each panel.
- With such a system of power, the troubleshooting becomes easier.
- It also produces over 25% more AC power than a central inverter and string inverter.
- However, micro-inverter is not suitable for storage battery since it converts immediately the DC power into AC, which is not good for a battery bank.
- We see clearly the micro-inverter is better than the string and central inverters, but it still not being widely used because of its high price.
Stand-alone solar inverter:
- This type of inverter uses the DC power already existing in the rechargeable battery and converts it into AC power.
- The battery gets its power from the solar panels.
- The stand-alone solar inverter is suitable for rural regions where we have a lack of electric power.
- It is also a perfect choice for people who want to have an independent power source.
- The only drawback here is when you face a power crashing, you will have no more power until the issue is fixed.
Grid-tie solar inverter:
- The role of the grid-tie solar inverter is to send the power that solar panels generate to your power grid.
- After converting the DC power into AC one, the grid-tie inverter sends that power to your local power grid.
- Then, the power grid provides your home with the necessary power.
- However, in case of an outage of power, you will have serious problems since the system was not a backup battery.
- This type of inverter is very convenient for urban zones and is also cheaper than the other types such as a stand-alone inverter.
Backup battery solar inverter:
- The backup battery solar inverter allows storing the DC power produced by the solar panels into a battery.
- And the battery sends again the power to the inverter to be converted from DC to AC power.
- When the battery is full, it sends the excess of power to the local grid power via the inverter.
- Hence, the backup battery inverter takes the advantages of the inverter seen above and offers a great package of functions.
- Thanks to this type of inverter, no more worries about the power outage and if the power system faces issues, you have the local grid power which will cover you.
- However, this inverter is very expensive but considering its functions, it worth the price.
List of Top 9 Solar Inverter Brands in India
A solar inverter is the main part of your solar power system. So choose the proper product according to your requirements. In order to help you buy an inverter that suits your needs, we mention below nine of the best solar inverters available today in the market.
Check the following product reviews carefully and make your choice:
1. Luminous Solar NXG hybrid inverter 1800/24V UPS:
This is from the Luminous brand & it does not generate heat compared to other solar inverters. And it is available at an affordable price.
- Luminous Solar Inverter made with an inbuilt PMW controller that allows running up to 20 lights, a television, and a fridge.
- The battery works fine with any brand of appliance.
- Nearly 1000 Watt PV module compatible with solar panel
- The performance is high due to pure sine wave output
- You may hear a weird sound when it runs on the battery.
- It makes noise when you swap from mains to the battery.
- A change in output could happen from time to time.
2. Microtek Ups 24Ã-7 HB 1125Va Hybrid Sine Wave Inverter:
This is from the Microtek brand and it is a 12 V solar inverter. It comes with a capacity of 1125VA.
- Microtek solar inverter has a double charging mode allowing the charging of battery via the grid power which is very convenient in rural areas for example.
- It comes with a 12VDC battery system
- An electricity bypass switch provided in case of any UPS failure
- For better performance & noiseless hybrid technology is used.
- The inverter has a peak efficiency of 80%.
3. Exide Technologies Solar Inverter 12V 40Amps:
This is from the Exide brand and it is a 12V solar inverter. It is available at an affordable price.
- Exide solar inverter has an inbuilt MPPT to ensure the highest production of energy.
- There is a fan to ensure the best conditions and optimum temperature for the inverter.
- It’s an 850va 12V Exide solar inverter
- Solar charge controller of 40 amps with LCD
- An efficiency of 80% which is not enough.
4. Flin Energy Lite Solar Hybrid Inverter:
This is from the Flin brand and it is an energy lite solar hybrid inverter. It comes with 3KW solar capacity.
- Flin Energy Lite Inverter has an intelligent set up to give high priority to solar energy.
- An automatic switch from battery power to grid power.
- You can fix this inverter on the wall thanks to its lightweight.
- Sine wave hybrid inverter efficiency 90-93%.
- Due to the inbuilt controller, it produces less power than it is supposed to produce.
5. Micromax Solar Home Inverter:
This is from the Micromax brand and it is a 950VA inverter. It comes with a useful reverse PV protection feature.
- Micromax Solar Inverter offers a minimum usage of grid power thanks to the smart system.
- An efficiency of 98% which is very convenient.
- A futuristic technology permits a non-stop backup of power.
- Dual power source high durability
- It’s not mountable on the wall, you can only put it on a table
- The design is not modern.
6. Havells Solar Home Inverter:
The Havells brand is the manufacturer of this inverter. It comes with LCD display indications.
- It offers protection from short circuit, deep discharges, overload.
- With its Automatic Temperature Compensation, you get a longer life battery.
- It comes with an affordable price compared to other inverters with the same functions.
- Power backup indication LCD with hours & minutes
- Its weight is kind of heavy, 16kg.
7. Digilog UPS to Solar PCU Inverter:
The Digilog is the manufacture of this inverter and it is an 850VA inverter. A reduction of up to 25% in electricity bills.
- The Digilog inverter comes with an inbuilt solar charger.
- Digilog ups solar inverter has ingenious battery management.
- The inverter has high efficiency, about 97%.
- Using this inverter, you will get low electricity bills.
- The design needs more improvements to be more modern.
- It heats up quickly since it doesn’t have a fan for cooling.
8. Su-Kam Solar Inverter:
The Su-Kam brand is the manufacturer of this inverter. It has a 12V-24V voltage and 20 amps power. And the dimensions are 21.5 cm x 15.6 cm x 6.8 cm.
- Su-Kam Solar Inverter selects automatically the system mode.
- It comes with a detailed instructions book.
- The inverter offers an easy installation of the inverter.
- This solar inverter is really a value for money.
- It reduces electricity bills by 20 to 30%.
- The system offers easy maintenance and installation.
- It does not work with all the inverters.
- The display is not good quality.
- It has limited voltage working.
9. Kirloskar Solar Inverter:
This is from the Kirloskar brand & you can control the use of time and backup time. Also, this DC connection H4 inverter has 98% of efficiency.
- Kirloskar Solar Inverter comes with an LCD display.
- MPPT Efficiency of this inverter is 99.5%
- It comes with protection from over-temperature, fluctuating voltage, etc.
- The inverter allows for reducing electricity bills.
- DC Reverse polarity protection, output over current & voltage protection
- It heats up since it has a natural cooling concept.
- It does not have a display which is bad for such a system.
At present, you have successfully checked the list of Best Solar Inverters in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which solar inverter best suits your requirements.
Now you are familiar with the features of the most popular solar inverters which are available in the Indian market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a proper choice of best solar inverter in India.