Best Solar Street Lights
Types of Solar Street Lights
- Independent Solar Street Lights
- Semi-Solar Street Lights
- Multifunction Solar Street Lights
The Buyers Guide on Solar Street Lights:
List of 10 Solar Street Lights
- SPARKEL 36W DC LED Street Light
- Mazda Energy Solar LED Street Light
- IFITech Heavy Duty Courtyard Solar light
- Quace Waterproof Solar Street Light
- Sukam 9W Solar Street Light
- Hardoll 60 LED Solar Light
- FOS Solar LED Street Light
- BR Solar LED Street Light
- Cinagro 40W Solar Street Light
- Miracle 10W Solar Metal Street light
The growing needs of the alternate power source are steadily shifting the world towards solar energy. Developing as well as the developed nations have certain segments shifted to solar power. Those include many industrial and household equipment been partially or fully shifted to solar.
Similarly, the need for solar-powered street lights is also developing. Not every country in the world have enough power resources to keep its street lights on the whole night. The examples could be taken from South Asia, where power outage is a major issue.
The decreasing resources to produce electricity is forcing people towards solar. Before the streets go dark forever, it would be wise to install a solar street light. The scientist does tell how soon that could happen.
Well, there are plenty of advantages of solar power street lights. The foremost, these street lights run on a free power source. Besides being run on an alternative power source, there are plenty of other benefits linked to the solar lamps as well. Such as, there is no or nearly very less expense of maintenance involved. Though the installation cost would still stay there unless you know how to install it. Ahead of that, every month electricity consumer pay utility bills along with the tax. With a solar street light installed, a huge amount of money could be saved as there is no utility charge or tax on solar power consumption. Certainly, solar power is free! Use it for good.
Further, for all the environment-friendly folks, the solar street lights are the best solution towards the greener tomorrow. Not just the environment-friendly guys, it is for everyone. Many times the pollution produced by power generating furnaces has been measured. But they were never eloquently addressed, as they were required. The resultant was dying in nature. Now, humanity has a chance to revive nature and bring back life to planet earth.
Types of Solar Street Lights:
The solar street lights are either available with LED bulbs or with the halogen bulbs. Both of these lamps have similar characteristics but have varied applications. LED bulb solar street lights are the ones recommended for the streets. They have higher luminosity and require less power to light. And the halogen one works as the decoration. They are installed on the storefronts, parks, and parking lots of the hotels. But they consume more power and have dimmer luminosity.
Ahead of that, the solar street lights are distinguished into these types:
Independent Solar Street Lights:
This is the purest example of solar street light. These could either the LEDs or the halogen bulbs. They work independently on solar power, without any induction of the grid power. There are a battery and inverter inside the system that converts and stores the energy that could be used when there is no or less sunlight. Such as in the night or the overcast conditions.
Semi-Solar Street Lights:
This type is used for the areas where there is plenty of power resource and the substitute is only required to save that power. These lights have hybrid power systems. They primarily work on the form of power received from solar energy. Alongside it also works on the grid power. In some system, the wind energy is also sourced for power generation for the lights.
Multifunction Solar Street Lights:
This is an advanced type of solar lighting system, which is readily available, but not so famous. It is a sensible system that detects the movement and raises luminosity accordingly. Whenever the streets are empty, the bulbs come down to low luminosity to save power.
Besides the types, the design also matters for solar street lights. Each design has specific use. Like the pathway solar street lights, that appear good to be for the pavements in the parks. Similarly, fancy solar street lights are used to decorate the gardens. They add life to the gardens. Then the caped lights, that work for the posts at the garage pathway and over the rail of the terrace. They all function the same way, and even they share similar characteristics. But all that differs is their shape and installation process.
The Buyers Guide on Solar Street Lights:
All the solar street lights look the same. But deep inside they are all different. Some have higher luminosity, while some have long-lasting batteries. Before purchasing a solar street light, make sure to read the reviews about the products you wish to acquire.
There is a variety of technical standards among solar street lights. As specified above, the lights are divided into types. And even they may have some modern tech on them that is not much in practice. It is better you choose according to your requirement.
Another aspect is to look into is the battery position. Now some systems have the batteries included within them. But some have the bigger batteries that are to be attached outside the system. Ahead of that, the control system also varies for every panel. Choose the one that you may control easily. Some are automatic and base on the motion-detecting sensors. But some need to be controlled manually. There are even some panels that do not require and control segment. Just turn them on and they start working.
Certainly, consider the aspects of the area to be lit, the design required and the total output. It is not necessary that stringent arithmetic should be run to get the calculation. Even the closest hunch could do the job, if taken all the aspects in the account. Else you may face trouble like many other irate users.
List of 10 Best Solar Street Lights:
At times it becomes a hard job to find the needed solar street light. Some models surpass the requirement level, while some do not fall onto them. Because of all such issues, we have identified some solar street lights that may be useful to you:
1.SPARKEL 36W DC LED Street Light:
- This SPARKEL solar street light comes without a controller to operate it.
- The power supply from the solar panel could be made directly to the light with a 12V DC adapter.
- Further, it also takes power supply using the 230V AC to 12V DC converter adapter.
- Ahead of that, it has IP66 certified waterproof covering panel with rigid glass.
- The company claims a 120 lumens per watt brightness. The LED lights are paneled on an aluminum board so that the system should not heat up.
- The reverse polarity guard is also included. The total output is 36W. But it is also available in as low as 12W and as high as 60W variants.
- Consumers usually rate this product to be good enough as per its price tag.
- Further, the users recommend to install it no more than at a 15-ft height.
- It comes with a Waterproof IP66 Grade outdoor body with glass cover.
- Color Temperature of 5700K cools white color
- Solar light weight is 1.9Kg
- The Dimension of Light is 38cmx 15cmx 5.3 cm
2. Mazda Energy Solar LED Street Light:
- The Mazda solar street light comes straight from Japan.
- It has experimented for best results under severe and normal situations.
- The box includes a 20W solar panel, a battery, and the light.
- It is a kind of self-operating system, that turns on and off as per the luminary conditions.
- The Mazda solar street light is best for all those streets where grid power supply is not available.
- The total luminary output is 12W. Further, a 6V battery is installed with the lamp reducing the external installation requirements.
- Ahead of that, the company suggests the lamp be installed as high as 4 meters.
- Else the luminosity could appear dispersed or low.
- There are also the 10 and 7.5W systems available with lower luminosities.
- 3SMF Battery inbuilt into the luminary.
- Light spreads to 10 Meters.
- Warranty of 1 Year for parts & 6 months of Battery
Besides, there are plenty of catches the users have notated. First, the luminosity is low and it even gets lower with the use. Secondly, people frequently complain about the battery going out within a year. And the replacement battery is just a hit and try. Some even complain about Mazda’s customer support as they respond lethargically.
3. IFITech Heavy Duty Courtyard Solar light:
- This is a multifunction solar light available in the market.
- It features 1000 lumens per watt brightness that increases and reduces after detecting motion.
- Its lowest output, with no detected motion around, is 150 lumens per watt.
- Ahead of that, within 8 to 10 hours. Along with that, it has the remote control feature to adjust the brightness.
- Further, the system includes 3.7V batteries included in the system. with adjustable settings.
- Dimension: 30cm x 20cm x 20cm
So far, it is doing well. Its preferable use is for the courtyards, lawns, garages, and wider gateways. But the only catch identified is its price. It is too much expensive.
4. Quace Waterproof Solar Street Light 10 Watts:
- Well, this street light uses a German tech. It is a small street light, good for the small gardens and yards.
- The max output is 1,400 lumens with 40 LEDs, which is indeed fine.
- The producer claims that the light could last for 2 night on a single charge.
- Further, this one is also multifunction as it detects motion and turns off and on based on the sunlight. Contains radar sensor
- The exterior covering of the light is IP65 certified and has a rigid glass to protect the LEDs inside.
- Solar Panel 10W / 6V with battery 10000MAH
- Dimension: 40cm*21cm*4.5cm & lighting area of 40sq. meters
- The light arm height is 38mm diameter
Under the cons, the luminosity decreases gradually with use. Even the battery output shrinks quickly with constant use.
5. Sukam 9W Solar Street Light:
- Another costly solution is Sukam solar street light.
- The reason for that is its bigger panel that charges the battery faster and even works in overcast conditions.
- Besides the luminosity is fine and good enough for wider spaces.
- Further, it has a built-in battery. This reduces battery theft risk.
- It provides 30 to 50% brightness compared to other lights.
- 1 Year Warranty.
The only issue consumers would face is its hefty price. But that is justifiable.
6. Hardoll 60 LED Solar Light:
- The Hardoll 60 LED Solar street Light is a considerable cheap option.
- This light is suitable for the lawns and home gardens. Its total output is 600 lumens per watt with 60 LED bulbs.
- It works much as a security light than a street light. Further, it has a motion detector, automatic turning on feature and an IP44 certified outer covering.
- The ABS thermoplastic polymer is used for the exterior covering. s made from ABS thermoplastic polymer.
- Along with that, aluminum padding is added behind the LED bulbs panel. Ahead of that, it detects motion within 30ft and at an angle of 180o.
- 3.7V, 4400 mah battery with 3 adjusting dials
- 5 Meter wire & auto on & off day & night
- Solar light price is Rs 2199
Its motion detector is good, but the sensors stop working pretty frequently if there is dust on them. The luminosity also decreases with time. And it appears like it is because of its battery.
7. FOS Solar LED Street Light 40W:
- The FOS solar street light comes with 40 chips LED lamp with an output of 400 lumens per watt.
- It is a multifunctional or all-in-one lighting system. Besides the lamp, the system includes a 9W solar panel and 3.2V lithium-ion battery.
- Further, it includes option motion sensors that detect movement, turning the light high and low.
- Ahead of that it also includes the auto turning on the feature.
- Its exterior structure is IP65 certified. Along with that, it has a corrosion-resisting shield.
- Charging time 6 to 8 Hours & weatherproof solar light
- Dimension: 50cmx 23cm x 7cm with 1 year warranty. Motion & optical sensor
It is expensive, but it justifies its price. Just a few consumers reported it to have the luminosity and battery issues.
8. BR Solar LED Street Light 9 watts:
- The BR solar LED street light is suitable for lower luminosity requirement.
- Everything is built-in, with no exterior installation required.
- Further, it comes with a 9W solar panel and a decent battery pack that lasts a reasonable age.
- It weighs 299 gms & Easy to install
This street light. Even the installation is easy. But quality-wise it is just fine.
9. Cinagro 40W Solar Street Light:
- The Cinagro solar street light 40W is a multifunction system.
- The detection system works for up to 19ft.
- If there is movement within the prescribed range.
- Otherwise, it will stay dim. Further, it has a 40W output in total. It is a built-in system, with the panel, battery and lamp packed together.
- Solar Panel of 10W, Battery 15000mah
- Motion distance 5-8m & The sensing range is 19.6ft, 120-degree angle.
- The solar street light price is Rs 5500 Approximately
All the consumers could complain about is its price. But its quality easily justifies it.
10. Miracle 10W Solar Metal Street light:
- The Miracle 10W solar metal street light is a cheap solution.
- It totally has a 10W powering panel and is available in black color only.
- But the quality is doubtful.