Buying best-camping tent online:
Table of Contents:
Tent Use: Why & Where?
The Benefits of a Car Camping Tent
- Pitching Ease
- Vantage Viewing
- Tent Capacity
- Tent Features
Top Camping Tents: Pros & Cons
- Jiya Enterprise Outdoor Tent
- Krevia Amazing Tent
- AmazonBasics Tent
- Coleman Sundome
- Vruta Portable Tent
- GOCART WITH G LOGO Portable Tent
- YFXOHAR Portable Dome Tent
- Camplite Dome Tents
- Jukkre Portable Tent
- Saiyam Picnic Camping Dome Tent
- SMILE Camping Tent
About Camping Tent
Hitting the outdoors to live under the stars is just one timeless tradition. There’s surely nothing more relaxing and adventurous. Whether it’s a backpacking trip or a mountain hike or a car expedition, you will definitely need some gear along the way. The perfect tent will definitely make the trip enjoyable. After all, when the night falls upon you, there’s nothing to do but take a break. It is critical to choose the perfect camping tent that is suited for your trip. It is the difference between a good night’s rest and awkward cramp-infested experience.
People don’t really realize that there’s a lot of options out there when it comes to camping gear. Most rookie campers actually just grab the first stuff they run into. While this may be convenient, acquiring generic gear might end up ruining the adventure. Put a lot of thought and consideration into the camping gear selection. This goes from seasonal factors to comfort considerations. Let’s just explore some of the nitty-gritty of setting out into the wild.
So tents are basically just outdoor shelters, right? It mainly consists of a mainframe which shapes it up and the fabric covering. Tents are always designed with a specific usage purpose. For instance, there are sunny weather tents that can shield you from the heat yet keep you well breezed. Most of these are however useless in the stormy weather conditions. Similarly, a wide range is also available for more callous conditions. Likewise, these categories can be pretty stuffy in the heat. Each selection must, therefore, match the occasion for a better experience.
Tent Use: Why & Where?
Now, there’s a very misguided notion out there that tents are a recreational accessory. Recreation, of course, is the more common purpose however not entirely so. Tents are actually a permanent structure of the residence. This is true in both recreational and ordinary daily activities. There are even places known as ‘tent cities’ in many low-income neighborhoods and societies. While this might not the technically correct use, it just goes to show how important this gear can be. This is especially so where mother nature chooses to unleash harsher weather elements.
While camping is, in essence, a form of ‘living wild’, there are certain limits. This is not to say there are no people who camp out without the comfort-providing gear. Sleeping out in the open is definitely not a good idea, therefore. I actually doubt if anyone can actually sleep in the bare. Camping in protected areas is the only exception with no danger of rattlesnakes, bears or any other wild threat. Typically however in any region, the cold will definitely deal you a heavy hand. Even with sleeping bags and such, the absence of a tent will still complicate the whole experience.
Making a tent part of your gear eliminates quite a number of concerns. Key of these is safety, especially against wild animals. Also, tents will protect you from the pesky bugs. Most well-designed tents will come with nettings for this very purpose. You can even enjoy your stargazing through rooftop openings AKA skylights.
The Benefits of a Car Camping Tent
We can all agree that backpacking can be tiresome right? Imagine all that load on your back. Of course, for others, this is part of the whole experience. The convenience of a having your own set of wheels along the way is totally undeniable. After all, we as humans enjoy the creature comforts. In fact, even the wildest of backpacking adventures could do with a car along the way for convenience. There are several benefits that make the whole car tent worthwhile.
We all struggle with what we aren’t familiar with right? Well, we rarely get to go camping daily and pitching can just be a horror. Funny enough, the ads and the instructions make it seem so easy but it can be a real tough nut to crack. Car camping tents, however, make our lives easier. Some are even self-pitching with the click of a button.
Fine, let’s say we got the pitching out of the way. How comfortable are these ground tents really? What if the ground is soggy? What if it’s rough and uneven? Some nice padding takes care of this for sure but some discomfort will remain still. Eve flooring, however, comes with these car tents. You can rest comfortably on a straight surface with little to worry about.
The lofty perch of a car camping tent is far from just regular. It provides a perfect vantage viewing post. Whether you’re game viewing or simply enjoying nature’s sights, it’s the perfect place to be. Car tents come with side openings that can allow you to enjoy the nature around you while lounging in the comfort of your tent.
The security of the car tent has nothing to do with your abilities as a camper. It’s simply just guaranteed. No slimy or venomous creature is going to wander along for sure. The reinforcements that come with the design are also solid enough to withstand harsh conditions. Pitching on the ground, however, does not guarantee you all this. It implies needs your expertise. Without the proper skills, you just might wake up snuggling to a rattlesnake or perhaps find yourself lying in the open with your tent soaring up with the winds.
Car tents are generally designed for multiple purposes. This goes from several weather settings to alternative usage. Considering that they can be stowed up nicely in the car, they are one less burden to worry about.
The whole point of having a tent in the first place is to enjoy an indoor experience right? Car tents offer some of the most spacious interiors. The minimal limitations in weight make their design more generous than the regular backpacking tents. They’re perfectly ideal for those who hate cramped spaces.
Finally, you’re more likely to fit in a few creature comforts in your car camping tent than any other. The availability of the car battery power makes accessories such as charging ports and led lighting a reality. Just enjoy the wild experience with your dear creature comforts at ease.
The choices for camping tents are quite inexhaustible. The selection process is easily very distracting. Not knowing what to look for is dangerous especially with these clever marketing people all around. Equip yourself with the practical knowledge of what exactly is necessary to have in a tent. Knowledge avoids flustering from this witty salesman. Do not overlook the following when selecting your wilderness home.
This should probably be the first consideration. How many people do you actually intend to house in that tent? It automatically eliminates a number of options based on their capacity. Smaller and lighter backpacking tents are usually meant for one person. Two at the very most. As such, avoid the backpacking category when accommodating large parties. In fact, these categories are usually for solo adventures. Of course, they are also ideal for a group of friends each sleeping in his or her tent.
In terms of size, retailers and manufacturers tend to exaggerate their products’ abilities. You’d be surprised with what other manufacturers try to pass off as two-man tents. Carefully read out the dimensions stated on any design. To get a better feel of it, map it out on the ground and see what it’s truly like. The best scenario would be to actually see a pitched version of the tent. The picture isn’t enough for this too because these cameramen in marketing are really sneaky.
One great determiner of capacity for any tent is the dimensions. A short and squat tent will take fewer people no matter how broad it may be. The comfort of the tent will also come into play with these dimensions. It is better to get more headroom than a broader space in your tent. This will ensure a larger occupation capacity for sure. Of course, you’re more likely to enjoy your occupation of the tent if you’re not all bundled up every time. Great dimensions also ensure better relaxation and perhaps viewing through side openings and skylight features.
Not everyone is comfortable sharing their living space. The fact that you are in the wild simply doesn’t matter. The one-man tents come in handy in such scenarios. Each person gets his or her privacy in a personal space. For couples, there are quite a number of available options for both backpacking trips and car treks.
Never underestimate the power of Mother Nature. She can easily and quickly turn your adventure into a nightmare. Always stay alert for weather patterns and changes. Select the most appropriate tent for the season at the camping location. Many people make the mistake of assuming that the weather at their destination is the same as their origin. The versatile tents are way better when you’re unsure of what to expect. These can be adjusted to suit any weather condition with detachable flaps, optional layers, etc.
Quite a number of tent features makes the tent pleasant. For instance, padded flooring greatly improves the comfort of ground pitched tents. The last thing you need is a bumpy floor that pokes at your ribs all night. Openings are also important for aeration, especially in summer weather. After all, the tent should be a safe haven, not a stuffy hut. The tent must also provide protective features like rain flaps and insect nets to improve comfort levels inside.
Top Camping Tents; Pros & Cons
1. Jiya Enterprise Outdoor Tent
This tent is top of the range and is definitely a must-have for the fun-loving campers. The tent is made of polyester hence ensuring a lifetime of outdoor adventure and fun.
- It is waterproof to protect you against all the wetter elements.
- Windproof, Anti-UV & portable
- The tent is also easily packed up and stowed into the vehicle.
- Capacity is an amazing 6 adults that accommodates the whole family or quad.
- Offers insect shielding features and proper ventilation flaps ad openings.
- UV resistant fabric used.
- The tent is quite a cumbersome ad can be tricky to pitch up without the proper knowledge or skill.
2. Krevia Amazing Tent
This design is the ultimate picnicking solution with quite a beautiful design and comfortable interior capacity.
- Rust free lightweight steel rods for strength.
- The Krevia tent is waterproof to protect its inhabitants from any surprise rainfall.
- Comfortable Travel tent for 2 people
- It has quite ample space inside for greater comfort.
- The side openings ensure a cool ventilation effect and utmost aeration out in the open.
- It is pretty light and easy to set up.
- This design doesn’t offer much headroom which discourages upright positions.
3. AmazonBasics Tent for 8 people
As the name suggests, this design provides all the necessary features bound to make any outdoor activity enjoyable.
- The Amazonbasics offers perfect outdoor insulation whether rain or heat shielding.
- The tent is quite a roomy ad can take up to eight people comfortably inside.
- Best for accommodating a small family size camping tent
- The storage bag is provided for tent
- 15 x 9 (LxW) feet with 6-foot center height to stand & move
- 1 Year warranty
- This design comes with limited openings and might not provide proper ventilation in the really stuffy weather.
4. Coleman Sundome 2 Tent, 2 man camping tent
The Coleman Sundome is the perfect two-man tent solution for sunny weather. The camping tent cost is 4460 Rupees
- It comes in a dome structure with 1 door (Round shape)
- This camping tent can accommodate 2 people
- It has perfect sun-shielding features and ample aeration vents.
- The polyester and aluminum frame is light and durable which makes it a very portable ad solid.
- The outer sheet material is Polyester taffeta & inner tent polyester taffeta with polyester mesh. The floor is of polyethylene 1000D
- Length:6.8 feets, width:4.9 feets, Height: 3.9 feet, Weight: 4 KG (7×5 feets)
- The headroom in this compact tent is a bit limited to sitting positions only.
5. Vruta Portable Tent
The Vruta tent is an all-weather must-have tent. It is fully customizable to meet everyone’s needs in any season.
- Double door for in & out.
- High-quality waterproof polyester 190T is used.
- The water sealing design keeps everyone dry in any storm. The design is pretty lightweight. It is readily packable and storable in the backpack.
- Weight 450 Gms
- 100% cotton jersey used
- Best for fall-winter
- The tent isn’t that roomy and is ideal for single-person use only.
6. GOCART WITH G LOGO Portable Tent
The GOCART tent is the perfect family housing in the wild. It comes with awesome comfort features. The sturdy design lasts for generations.
- Fully waterproof, you need not worry about getting wet. The tent is spacious and can take the whole family of up to 4 adults.
- Fiberglass frame poles used which are lightweight
- The material used is polyester & used in all seasons.
- camping & hiking tent best for 4 persons
- Anti insect netting
- Quite cumbersome, not ideal for backpacking.
7. YFXOHAR Portable Dome Tent
This design is quite attractive and suitable for just about every outdoor adventure from picnicking to hiking trips.
- The tent is totally waterproof and its lightweight nature makes it pretty easy to carry around.
- It is also easy to pitch up and the solid frame offers ultimate secureness features.
- Waterproof floor & breathable polyester fabric used.
- Used in all seasons.
- Not ideal for families of more than 4 people.
8. Camplite Dome Tents
This all-purpose tent is pretty versatile and convenient for all outdoor needs.
- It is quite spacious and offers numerous customization adjustments for its users.
- Lightweight good strength hiking tent
- spacious for 4 persons with dimensions: 200x 200 x 135 cm
- Offers fewer ventilation openings.
9. Jukkre Portable Tent
The Jukkre family tent is the ideal choice for extended outdoor fun with its durable frame ad protective openings. This camping tent price is 1649 rupees.
- Provides sufficient aeration. This design is quite spacious and can accommodate a family of 6 adults quite comfortably inside.
- Fully covered, dry entry wind-protected tent
- Coated polyester combined webbing & zippers
- Camping tent for 8 person
- Water & UV resistant
- The tent is a bit heavy and requires some muscle power to pitch up.
10. Saiyam Picnic Camping Dome Tent
This 4 person tent offers the utmost indoor comfort in any outdoor setting. Ideal for smaller families in any weather.
- Lightweight design makes the tent very portable.
- It is well ventilated and offers cool nature viewing and stargazing from the comfort of its interior.
- 190T waterproof polyester is used with 1500 to 1800mm rating
- 4 person tent with size 200x 180x 130 cm
- The tent is a bit low on headroom and offers more sitting than upright comfort.
11. SMILE Camping Tent
This outdoor tent is quite roomy and fit for any family of up to 6 adults quite comfortably. It is easy to pitch up and quite attractive with its multicolor range.
- The frame is both sturdy and easy to assemble which makes the whole tent durable enough to last generations.
- Comes with a large door for easy in & out
- Inner material polyester pongee & bottom material is terylene cloth
- Smaller families may find it a bit hard to handle.