A barbecue grill is a cooking device that cooks food by applying heat from below the cooking grate. In the dry method, heat is directly supplied to the food. The process of applying dry heat to the food is called grilling.
Grilled food is one of the most liked dishes all over the world. However, it is not commonly available on the market. The crunchy texture that grilling gives to the food is delicious. Restaurants and hotels have big grills for large scale roasting and cooking.
However, many portable and compact size grills are also available for household use. These grills are easy to assemble and install. The maintaining and cleaning work can be done within few minutes.
The cost at which the grills are available is the most satisfying. Here we have listed the best electric tandoors and best Microwave Ovens buyers guide. If you like grilling and want to buy a BBQ grill then check out the text below.
Best 10 Barbecue Grills in India
Buyers Guide – Barbecue Grill
If you are going to buy a grill for your household then take a look at the things you should consider before paying for the device. The main question arises that which grill you should buy – charcoal one, gas one or an electric one.
But don’t worry we will provide you with buyers guide for all the three grills.
So, starting with the gas grills, here are the points you should look for:
- If you are looking for a grill to cook a variety of food then check for the temperature score and ratings.
- Always go for the well-rated grills.
- The most important part of a grill is the burner.
- So always look for a burner which comes with a warranty for a few years.
- Go for the grill which gets easily heated and saves fuel.
- Don’t buy infra-red burners as they use more heat than the regular ones.
- Buy a grill of single solid construction i.e., fewer nuts and bolts.
If you wish to buy a charcoal grill then consider the points below:
- Airflow plays a major role in cooking.
- Look for a grill that has a solid fit fitting and a vent for maintaining airflow.
- For cooking in a charcoal grill, there must be a regular supply of coal.
- So, look for a grill that has a dedicated door to add coal to the hotbed.
- Go for an adjustable grill, where you can lower or raise the grate from the coal bed.
Features of Barbecue Grills
Generally, food is placed above the heat source of the griller to get cooked. It is called dry method because the heat is directly supplied to the foodstuff instead of a medium.
A barbecue grill consists of the various part which can be replaced with a new one. The major parts of a grill are burners, cooking grate, rock grate, heat shields, valves, and covers.
The features of these parts are:
- Burners are the major source of heat used to cook the food.
- Food is cooked on the surface of cooking grates.
- The main work of rock grate is to disperse the heat from the burner to the grill uniformly and to protect it from drippings.
- Stainless steel, porcelain-coated cast iron, cast iron, and chrome-plated steel forms the building block of cooking grate.
- The main task of the heat shields is to protect the burner from corrosive meat drippings.
- The grill is also provided with a cover for outdoor conditions.
- Most of the barbecue grills buyers also prefer to buy the wine cooler.
Types of Barbecue Grills
There are several varieties of grilled food present across the globe. The barbecue grill is the device on which grilling is done. Grilling is a fast cooking process where high temperatures cook food very rapidly.
There are different varieties of grills available on the market which are classified into the following types:
The most commonly used grills on the market are the gas grills. This device comes in handy during a family party or gets together. These grills cool down quickly and are easy to clean.
The major types of gas grills are:
- Freestanding Gas Grills
- Natural gas grills
- Built-In Gas Grills
- Infrared Gas Grills
Cooks from all over the world use charcoal grills than any other grills. the smoky classic barbecue food prepared on charcoal grills can never be replaced by others. These grills require charcoal as a source to generate heat.
Coal provides heat for a few hours after which more coal needs to be added. These grills need more time than gas grills.
The different types of charcoal grills are:
- Traditional Charcoal Grills
- Charcoal Kettle Grills
- Kamado Grills
- Electric grills are most used by households.
- These grills need electricity to generate heat to cook the food.
- Also, these grills are compact and easy to operate.
- Plugin the device on the socket and get ready to cook the food.
- In case of the quality and taste of the food prepared on wood, fire grills remain unmatched.
- It is cheap as compared to other grills and uses wood as a fuel source.
- This is the most traditional type of grills.
- Ceramic grills are the modern-day grills and have been growing popularity in the recent couple of years.
- The main features of these grills are the low airflow and maintain a constant temperature for a few hours.
- Portable grills are the more liked grills as it can be carried to any place.
- These are lightweight and can be folded to a backpack.
Advantages of a Barbecue Grill
Advantages of using a grill are:
- The food gets a smoky and fine texture.
- You don’t rely upon restaurants for preparing burgers and roasted items for you.
- You can maintain a healthy diet at your home.
- Grilling food is much better than frying in case of health issues.
- Cooking food in grills is faster than any other method.
How to use Barbecue Grill Safely
Just you need to follow some safety tips to use these devices easily & effectively. Also, you need to have knowledge of cleaning as well.
Follow the steps below to safely use a grill:
1. The first part of using a grill is to get ready your heat source the charcoal, oil or gas:
- About 1.4 kg of charcoal is enough to fill the grills.
- After filling the charcoal, you must look out for your fire starter.
- The best way to do that it to take a paper and dip it in vegetable oil.
- Now place it below the cooking grate.
- Light the fire starter and let the charcoal burn.
- Let is burn to ashes and then add an even layer of coal for faster cooking.
2. Prepare the food for grilling:
- Start with cleaning the cooking grate.
- If you wish for a smoky flavor then add a few wood chips to the charcoal.
- When the grill becomes the hot place the food on the grill.
3. Cooking the food:
- Cover the lid if it is necessary.
- Use the grill dampers to adjust the heat.
- Add coal every 30 mins to maintain the temperature.
- When food gets cooked, close the grill and dispose of the ashes.
List of Top 10 Barbecue Grills in the Market
There are different types of barbecue grills available in the market with varying features that can make the task of selecting the best BBQ for you difficult. That’s why we have listed 10 best BBQs in India along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Prestige Coal Based Barbeque Grill PPBB-02:
This is from the Prestige & it is a renowned brand when it comes to the quality of kitchen appliances. The food prepared on the grill has a fine smoky flavor. Its dimensions are 45.7 cm x 38.1 cm x 15.2 cm & weight is 3.29 kgs. You will get a 1-year warranty on this product.
- Prestige Barbecue Grill made with a unique air damping system along with foldable legs & coal-based cooking.
- This is a charcoal portable barbecue grill that cooks some fine food.
- Food can be prepared at a steady rate within a short period due to less mechanism.
- Assembling this device is very easy and fast.
- Coal-based grills can give a smoky flavor to the food.
- Cleaning and maintaining the grill is easy and simple.
- Air damper makes an efficient airflow system.
- The barbecue price is reasonable.
- Coal is regularly needed for this product.
2. Weber Compact 57 Charcoal Grill Machine:
This is from the Weber brand & it is best suited as an outdoor cooking grill. As it occupies more space it is preferred for outdoor cooking. The cooking grate is well made of steel. It comes with a limited 10 years warranty. This BBQ dimensions are 58 cm x 66 cm x 96cm & weight is 10 kgs.
- Weber Charcoal Grill made with Aluminum, steel & porcelain materials.
- It comes with faster cooking, grilling, and roasting features.
- Included rustproof vents provide efficient airflow.
- This griller easy to use also it is fire and rust-resistant.
- Glass-reinforced nylon serves as the handle material.
- It emits smoke so you need to install a chimney.
3. H Hy-tec Barbeque Grill with 8 Skewers Briefcase Model Foldable, Portable & Picnic Oven Barbecue with Rack fire Starter briquette and 1 Packet of Charcoal for Grill, Tandoor & Toaster:
The brand H Hy-tec manufactured this device for outdoor grilling. It comes with a full metal body structure. This product has a warming rack with grills.
- H Hy-tec Barbeque Grill made with a hard, sturdy, and durable metal body.
- It comes with a fold-able feature so that this barbecue set requires less storage space.
- This BBQ has a heavy & rustproof body.
- You can easily carry this to other places and has a fast grilling feature.
- It is a portable device and has foldable legs.
- This is easy to assemble, maintain, and clean as well.
- No dedicated iron plate for barbecue
4. HOKIPO Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill Charcoal with Folding Portable Tool Kits:
This is from the HOKIPO brand & it is designed with air ventilation vents on both ends of the grill. If you are a professional & prefer outdoor grilling then you may buy this product. Its dimensions are 72 cm x 33 cm x 73 cm & weight is 3.5 kgs.
- HOKIPO Barbecue Grill made with rust-resistant stainless steel material.
- It comes with a set of tongs plus small and large barbecue wire mesh panels.
- The food prepared on this grill has a fine texture and flavor.
- This is a portable and foldable charcoal grill.
- It is best for meat dishes due to smoky flavor & rust-free steel frame
- It covers larger space & suitable for the outdoor purpose only
5. BEMALL Stainless Steel Folding Barbecue Charcoal Stove Portable with Grill Tool Kits
The device from the BEMALL brand & it stands up to its reputation of providing good cooking space. One of the best small BBQ parties or hiking or camping or picnic or beach. It is smaller in size as compared to the other grillers.
- BEMALL is a mini household device & has premium built quality, fast cooking
- This grill is applicable for household functions and occasions.
- IT is foldable and is very easy to assemble as well.
- The cooking grate is of good size with even heat distribution.
- This is a portable & foldable Charcoal grill machine.
- No window to add coal during cooking.
6. RONTENO Barbecue Grill Stainless Steel Outdoor Folding Carbon Black for Picnic:
The RONTENO brand developed this device for outdoor grilling. It comes with compact size & easy to assemble. Also, you can clean this griller easily.
- RONTENO Barbecue Grill made with high-temperature resistance cold-rolled plates.
- And these cold-rolled plates adds strength to the device.
- It is a compact foldable grill with four portable legs.
- Assembling of the grill is very easy as there is no screw or bolts.
- Just uncover the lid, place the charcoal and you are ready to grill.
- Heat distribution is not good.
7. ATHENACREATIONS Charcoal Base Barbecue Grill Portable Folding Space Saver Griller & Toaster:
This is from the ATHENACREATIONS brand & it is the most compact size charcoal-based barbecue grill. Its cooking area is 45 cm x 30 cm, the charcoal grid is 43 cm x 9.5 cm and the cooking height is 31 cm. This griller comes with a 1-year warranty.
- ATHENACREATIONS Charcoal Barbecue Grill made with power enamel-coated iron material.
- It comes with fast assembling and cooking features.
- This is so small that it can be carried on hands.
- To start cooking you just need to unfold the frame, then place the coal on the box.
- After that place the cooking crate. The safely wooden handle is provided to handle the device.
- This is the cheapest griller and it is easy to handle & maintain.
- This works only for outing and household purposes.
8. Royal Dawn To Dusk Premium Barbecue Grill with 3 Skewers:
The Royal brand is the manufacturer of this device. 44 cm x 29 cm x 23 cm is the dimension of this product where two foodstuffs can be grilled at a time. Its weight is about 2.2 kgs & has affordable rice.
- Royal Dawn Barbecue grill made with blow slots for extra heat production & carbon steel foldable legs
- This has even heat distribution & decent size cooking grate.
- As the name tells it has got a premium look with decent size.
- It is a portable & foldable BBQ.
- A variety of foodstuffs can be grilled on this griller
- This comes with 3 BBQ still needles.
- The built quality not so good
9. Godskitchen Round Shape Barbecue Grill Portable Charcoal Garden Grill BBQ for Camping & Outdoor:
This is from the Godskitchen brand & it uses wood or charcoal as the heat source to cook food. It is a compact size, easily portable device that can be used anywhere. And the dimensions are 26 cm x 10 cm x 19 cm.
- Godskitchen Barbecue Grill made with rust-resistant and durable chrome-plated cooking grates.
- It comes with an enameled rounded fire bowl that makes the product a good buy.
- Setting up the product is quite easy and its folding can also be done within a minute.
- This charcoal grill is best for cooking foodstuff like the burger, fish, chicken, tandoori vegetables, etc.
- Low fuel containing the area
10. H Hy-tec Portable Metal Barbeque with 4 Skewers with Wooden Handle, 1 Iron Grill and Single Packet of Charcoal:
This is from the H Hy-tec brand & it has totally metal construction along with a wooden handle. If there is a family gathering or party then this device is an ideal option. Its dimensions are 38 cm x 24 cm x 193 cm & weight is 3.53 kgs.
- H Hy-tec Metal Barbeque Grill made with a strong rustproof body with solid paint on it.
- It comes with a unique warming rack.
- Also, it comes with a stainless steel stick.
- Included a wooden handle that restricts the transfer of heat via conduction.
- The food grilled gives a hot smoky flavor & makes your mouth watery.
- The cooking consumes a lot of time.
At present, you have successfully checked the list of Best Inverters in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which inverter best suits your requirements.
Now you have viewed the list of best Barbecue grills available online. The list helps you decide the best barbeque grill based on the features provided.