How to buy the best barbecue grill?
About barbecue grill
Types of grills
- Gas grills
- Charcoal grills
- Electric grills
- Woodfire grills
- Ceramic grills
- Portable grills
Advantages & how to use
- Advantages of using a grill are
- Follow the steps below to safely use a grill
Top 10 barbecue grills with pros and cons
- Prestige PPBB-02 Coal Barbeque Grill
- Weber Compact 57 Charcoal Grill
- H Hy-tec Briefcase and Picnic Metal Barbeque
- HOKIPO Stainless Steel Barbecue Charcoal Grill
- BEMALL Stainless Steel Portable Folding Barbecue Charcoal Stove Grill
- RONTENO Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill
- Charcoal Base Portable Folding Space Saver Barbeque Grill Toaster
- Royal Dawn to Dusk Premium Barbecue Grill
- Godskitchen Round Shape Barbeque/Portable Charcoal Barbecue Table
- Escon BBQ1 Portable & Picnic Metal Barbeque
The process of applying dry heat to the food is called grilling. Grilled food is one of the most liked dishes all over the world. However, it is not commonly available on the market. There are several varieties of grilled food present across the globe. The barbecue grill is the device on which grilling is done. Grilling is a fast cooking process where high temperatures cook food very rapidly. The crunchy texture that grilling gives to the food is delicious. Restaurants and hotels have big grills for large scale roasting and cooking. However, many portable and compact size grills are also available for household use. These grills are easy to assemble and install. The maintaining and cleaning work can be done within few minutes. The cost at which the grills are available is the most satisfying.
If you like grilling and want to buy a BBQ grill then check out the text below.
About barbecue grill
A barbecue grill is a cooking device that cooks food by applying heat from below the cooking grate. In the dry method, heat is directly supplied to the food. food is placed above the heat source to get cooked. It is called dry method because the heat is directly supplied to the foodstuff instead of a medium. A barbecue grill consists of the various part which can be replaced with a new one. The major parts of a grill are burners, cooking grate, rock grate, heat shields, valves and covers. The features of these parts are:
- Burners are the major source of heat used to cook the food.
- Food is cooked on the surface of cooking grates. Stainless steel, porcelain-coated cast iron, cast iron and chrome-plated steel forms the building block of cooking grate.
- The main work of rock grate is to disperse the heat from the burner to the grill uniformly and to protect it from drippings.
- The main task of the heat shields is to protect the burner from corrosive meat drippings.
- The grill is also provided with a cover for outdoor conditions.
Types of grills
There are different varieties of grills available on the market which are classified into the following types:
The most commonly used grills on the market are the gas grills. This device comes in handy during a family party or get together. These grills cool down quickly and are easy to clean. The major types of gas grills are:
- Freestanding Gas Grills
- Natural gas grills
- Built-In Gas Grills
- Infrared Gas Grills
Cooks from all over the world use charcoal grills than any other grills. the smoky classic barbecue food prepared on charcoal grills can never be replaced by others. These grills require charcoal as a source to generate heat. Coal provides heat for a few hours after which more coal needs to be added. These grills need more time than gas grills. The different types of charcoal grills are:
- Traditional Charcoal Grills
- Charcoal Kettle Grills
- Kamado Grills
Electric grills are most used by households. These grills need electricity to generate heat to cook the food. These grills are compact and easy to operate. Plugin the device on the socket and get ready to cook the food.
In case of the quality and taste of the food prepared on wood, fire grills remain unmatched. It is cheap as compared to other grills and uses wood as a fuel source. It is the most traditional type of grills.
Ceramic grills are the modern-day grills and have been growing popularity in a recent couple of years. The main features of this grills are the low airflow and maintain a constant temperature for a few hours.
Portable grills are the more liked grills as it can be carried to any place. These are lightweight and can be folded to a backpack.
Advantages & how to use
Advantages of using a grill are:
- The food gets a smoky and fine texture.
- You don’t rely upon restaurants for preparing burgers and roasted item for you.
- You can maintain a healthy diet at your home.
- Grilling food is much better than frying in case of health issues.
- Cooking food in grills is faster than any other method.
Follow the steps below to safely use a grill:
The first part of using a grill is to get ready your heat source the charcoal, oil or gas.
About 1.4 kg of charcoal is enough to fill the grills. After filling the charcoal, you must look out for your fire starter. The best way to do that it to take a paper and dip it in vegetable oil. Now place it below the cooking grate.
Light the fire starter and let the charcoal burn. Let is burn to ashes and then add an even layer of coal for faster cooking.
2. Prepare the food for grilling
Start with cleaning the cooking grate. If you wish for a smoky flavour then add a few wood chips to the charcoal. When the grill becomes the hot place the food on the grill.
3. Cooking the food
Cover the lid if it is necessary. Use the grill dampers to adjust the heat. Add coal every 30 mins to maintain the temperature. When food gets cooked, close the grill and dispose of the ashes.
If you are going to buy a grill for your household then take a look at the things you should consider before paying for the device. The main question arises that which grill you should buy – charcoal one, gas one or an electric one. But don’t worry we will provide you with buyers guide for all the three grills. So, starting with the gas grills, here are the points you should look for:
- If you are looking a grill to cook a variety of food then check for the temperature score and ratings. Always go for the well-rated grills.
- The most important part of a grill is the burner. So always look for a burner which comes with a warranty for a few years.
- Go for the grill which gets easily heated and saves fuel.
- Don’t buy infra-red burners as they use more heat than the regular ones.
- Buy a grill of single solid construction i.e., fewer nuts and bolts.
If you wish to buy a charcoal grill then consider the points below:
- Airflow plays a major role in cooking. Look for a grill which has a solid fit fitting and a vent for maintaining airflow.
- For cooking in a charcoal grill, there must be a regular supply of coal. So, look for a grill which has a dedicated door to add coal to the hotbed.
- Go for an adjustable grill, where you can lower or raise the grate from the coal bed.
Top 10 barbecue grills with pros and cons
Prestige PPBB-02 Coal Barbeque Grill
- Prestige is a renowned brand when it comes to the quality of kitchen appliances.
- It is a charcoal portable barbecue grill which cooks some fine food.
- Food can be prepared on it within a short period due to less mechanism.
- The food prepared on the grill has a fine smoky flavor.The major points that make the product must buy are:
- Assembling this device is very easy and fast.
- Coal-based grills can give a smoky flavor to the food.
- Prestige barbecue grills has a unique air damping system.
- Cleaning and maintaining the grill is easy and simple.
- Air damper makes an efficient airflow system.
- 1 Year Warranty
- BBQ Dimensions: 45.7x 38.1 x 15.2 cm with 3.29 Kg weight
- Foldable legs & coal-based cooking
Pros – Portable grill, good air damper, food can be prepared at a steady rate.
Cons – Coal is needed regularly.
2. Weber Compact 57 Charcoal Grill
- Weber Compact 57 Charcoal grill is best suited as an outdoor cooking grill.
- As it occupies more space it is preferred for outdoor cooking.
- Weber manufactured this product for faster grilling and roasting.
- Aluminum steel and porcelain form the framework of the grill.
- The major plus points of the grill are:
- It is fire and rust-resistant.
- Rustproof vents provide efficient airflow.
- Glass-reinforced nylon serves as the handle material
- The cooking grate is well made of steel.
- Limited 10 Years Warranty
- Weber Bbq dimension is 58 x 66x 96cm with 10 kg weight
Pros – Easy to use, heat is evenly distributed, easy installation and fast cooking
Cons – It emits smoke so you need to install a chimney.
3. H Hy-tec Briefcase and Picnic Metal Barbeque
- H hytec manufactured this device for outdoor grilling.
- The metal body of the device makes it hard, sturdy and durable.The major plus points of the device are:
- Full metal body structure.
- It is rustproof and made of steel.
- It is portable provided with foldable legs.
- Easy to maintain, assemble and clean.
Pros – Easy to assemble, easily carried to other places, fast grilling
Cons- No dedicated iron plate for barbecue
4. HOKIPO Stainless Steel Barbecue Charcoal Grill
- It is a portable and foldable charcoal grill.
- The food prepared on this grill has a fine texture and flavor.
- Professionals who prefer outdoor grilling must buy this product.
- Rust resistance stainless steel forms the structural unit of this device.
- The products also come with tool kits to fold it.
- 72x 33 x 73 cm dimension
Pros – Best for meat dishes due to smoky flavor, rust-free steel frame
Cons – covers larger space, for the outdoor purpose only
5. BEMALL Stainless Steel Portable Folding Barbecue Charcoal Stove Grill
- The device stands up to its reputation of providing good cooking space.
- It is smaller in size as compared to the above two grills.
- This grill is applicable for household functions and occasions.
- The grill is foldable and is very easy to assemble.
- The cooking grate is of good size with even heat distribution.
- Easily portable & foldable.
- Easy to assemble & use
- Best small BBQ parties or hiking or camping or picnic or beach
Pros – Mini household device, premium built quality, fast cooking
Cons – No window to add coal during cooking.
6. RONTENO Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill
- RONTENO developed this device for outdoor grilling.
- It is a compact foldable grill with four portable legs.
- High temperature resistant, the cold-rolled plate forms the strength of the device.
- Assembling the grill is very easy as there is no screw or bolts.
- Uncover the lid, place the charcoal and you are ready to grill.
Pros – Compact size, easy to assemble and clean
Cons – Heat distribution is not good.
7. Charcoal Base Portable Folding Space Saver Barbeque Grill Toaster
- This is the most compact size charcoal barbecue grill.
- It is so small that it can be carried on hands.
- To start cooking you just need to unfold the frame, then place the coal on the box.
- Then place the cooking crate. to handle the device safely wooden handle is provided.
- 12-inch x 18-inch dimension or cooking area -45*30 cm, height 43*9.5cm
- 1 Year warranty
Pros – Cheapest grill, fast assembling, and cooking, easy to handle and maintain
Cons – only for outing and household purpose.
8. Royal Dawn to Dusk Premium Barbecue Grill
- Royal is the manufacturer of this device.
- As the name tells it has got a premium look with decent size.
- A variety of foodstuff can be grilled on this portable and foldable grill 44cm x 29cm x 23cm is the dimension of the product where two foodstuffs can be grilled at a time.
- It weighs 2.2 kg with 3 BBQ rods
Pros – Cooking grate of decent size, heat distribution is even
Cons- built quality not so good
9. Godskitchen Round Shape Barbeque/Portable Charcoal Barbecue Table
- This charcoal grill is best for cooking foodstuff like burger, fish, chicken, tandoori vegetables etc.
- Rust-resistant and durable chrome-plated cooking grates and enameled, rounded fire bowl makes the product a good buy.
- Setting up the product is quite easy and its folding can also be done within a minute.
- This product uses wood or charcoal as the heat source to cook food.
- Dimension: Length -26cm x Height-10cm x width-19 cm
Pros – Compact size, easily portable, can be used anywhere
Cons – Low fuel containing the area
10. Escon BBQ1 Portable & Picnic Metal Barbeque
- If there is a family gathering or party then this device is an ideal option.
- Wooden handle restricts the transfer of heat via conduction.
- The grill has a strong rustproof body with solid paint on it.
- The food grilled gives a hot smoky flavor and makes your mouth watery.
Pros – Metal construction, Wooden handle.
Cons – Cooking consumes time.