A weight machine is equipment used to measure the weight of an object. It is most frequently used to determine the weight value of a person but nowadays more premium machines determine a person’s BMI (Body Mass Index) and various other health-related values.
A weight machine is also called a weighing scale or weighing balance. A weighing machine finds application in various day-to-day activities like bodyweight monitoring, food stores and markets, and laboratories, among others. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Kitchen weighing scale, & Trolley Bags in India.
Weighing machines differ usually based on the size and weight limit they can handle. For example, laboratory balances are optimized for weights of not more than 2kg.
Top 12 Weight Machines In India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a Weight Machines
A weighing machine’s primary role is to measure weight and therefore the precision to which it calculated the weight is of paramount importance. Automatic off system: Some weighing machines when left powered on for a long time designed to automatically switch off at around 5-mins.
Most weighing devices also have additional buttons to enable users to include additional weights not needed or included in the measurement for a more accurate reading. Simply, these buttons are included for proper device calibration.
Since most weighing devices are battery-powered they contain an LED indicator for battery power status where green usually represents good charge level, red for charging and needs charging.
Other features include overload feature, automatic loading batteries, etc.
Types of weight machines
There are 6 common types of weighing machines:
Digital weighing machine:
This weighing device is easy to read and accurately details the weight value of materials. It is a very useful device in areas where accuracy is very important. This category of weighing machine is the easiest to use and it operates on battery power.
Analog weighing machine:
This category of weighing machines also measures weight satisfactorily and is very popular among Indian buyers.
Maintenance-free and works efficiently
It is limited in the way that it only determines the weight of an item and nothing more. Also, it may not be as accurate as a digital display scale, but it is still effective.
Electronic weighing machine
This type of weighing machine, unlike the digital type, works primarily on direct power and requires being plugged into work. They are used mostly in medical centres, laboratories, and jewellery stores where accuracy to a minute degree is supremely important.
Smart weighing machine
These are advanced and improved forms of a digital weighing scale. This device also displays values that represent other body data like BMI, percentage of body fat, etc.
Pet weighing machine
This weighing machine is designed specifically for pets with restrictions for their movements to promote accuracy and precision in measurement. It is used mostly for health or natal status check. They are restricted to small and medium-sized pets and not huge or wild animals.
Baby weighing machine
This device is used mostly in hospitals to measure babies during birth and early growth- unlike a normal weighing machine, the baby weighing machine is more accurate for baby and infant measurement.
Buying a weighing machine may not seem complicated, but given the variety available with different functionalities, buying the desired or suitable weighing device that meets up to your requirement may be quite a daunting and time-consuming task.
Buyer’s guide – Weight Machines
- The first few things to consider when buying a weighing machine are the role or purpose of the device, where it is used, whether other quantities aside from weight value are required, and finally, the object that needs to measure determined.
- For taking a baby’s measurements, it is advisable to purchase a baby weighing machine rather than a normal weighing machine since baby weighing devices are optimized for accuracy in baby measurements. The same goes for weighing your pets or weighing jewellery.
- Also to determine whether you should opt for a digital or an analogue weighing machine. For use in an area where access to batteries or power sources may be a problem, it is advisable to get an analogue weighing machine.
- The digital weighing machine works on batteries and can work for a while without a power supply but will require charging. However, for a more accurate reading, a digital weighing machine is recommended.
- Finally, for laboratories, hospitals, or jewellery stores use measuring the mass may be required, an analytical balance or weighing machine is preferable. Popularly known as the electronic weighing machine, it measures matter in a closed vacuum outside of gravity for measuring mass accurately.
How do weight machines work?
A weight machine is either known as a weighing balance, weighing scale, or scale. As a device to determine the weight, the weighing machine works by relating the load force to gravity. In an analogue machine, there is a spring that stretches when something is placed on it.
- Depending on the amount of stretch the object’s weight is determined. Weight can differ based on variation in the force of gravity in different locations, but the mass of a matter remains constant everywhere.
- Almost all digital weighing machines rely on a device called a load cell. When an item is placed on a scale, the load cell bends a little causing an electrical signal running through the load scale to change and read by an electronic device that converts it to a digital weight measurement.
- Finally, while using a weighing scale, very important first calibrate the machine. Since the gravitational force may vary based on locations, hence calibration and proper balancing of this equipment are very important.
List of Top 12 Best Weight Machines in India Buyers Guide
1) Healthsense Ultra-Lite PS 126 Digital Personal Body Weighing Scale
This digital equipment is optimized for people who want to monitor their weight accurately at home. This battery-operated device is mobile and durable. This product weighs 1.2kg, requires 2AA batteries, and can measure weight between 3-180kg. It also features an LCD with a backlight. On Amazon India, this device has a very good rating of 4.2 out of 5 from 13,482 customer ratings.
- Easy and quick calibration
- Has an auto-switch off feature
- The body is made of plastic and therefore not very durable
2) Hoffen HO-18 Digital Electronic LCD Personal Body Fitness Weighing Scale
This is also a digital weighing device with a design optimized for fitness and personal use. It’s battery-powered and has a weighing capacity of 2.3-180 kg, lightweight and easy to read.
- It features a glass surface which gives it a unique and better look
- It is mobile and durable
- Most users require manual guides to use properly
3) Agaro WS 503B Ultra-Lite Digital Personal Body Weighing Scale
This digital weighing machine features a glass surface and measures weight from 5 to 180kg. This device measures weight in various units like pounds, kilograms, and stones. It is also battery-powered and uses one 3V AA battery. This device has a four-sensor feature to enhance high precision and accuracy of measurements and it also includes an auto-on feature where the device switches on when it is stepped on.
- Has quad-sensors for precision improvement
- It is accurate and multi-dimensional
- It is not rechargeable and exhausts batteries faster
- The surface is made of plastic which makes it less durable
4) Dr Trust (USA) Digital Smart Electronic Rechargeable Bluetooth Weighing Scale
This is an advanced digital weighing machine belonging to the group of smart weighing machines. This is because, apart from weight, it calculates and provides values for body BMI, body fat percentage, and more. This device can also connect to mobile devices/smartphones via Bluetooth. They are rechargeable, weigh about 1.36kg, and can measure up to 180kg weight.
- This device works on battery power and is rechargeable
- It is connected to the user’s mobile device and shows data for up to 12 users
- Operating might be challenging for some users
5) AZOD Heavy Thick Tempered Glass LCD Display Weight Machine
This digital device is designed to accurately measure the weight of up to 180kg. It is equipped with an on-off feature for ease and convenience. This device measures in units of pounds and kilograms. Its operation is also automatic and there is no need to manually switch it on. There is a step-on feature that automatically switches on the device when weight is sensed on the surface.
- The surface is made of glass to support device durability
- It measures weight in various units
- It is not rechargeable
6) Venus EPS-2001 Electronic Digital LCD Body Fitness Weighing Machine
This digital weighing machine measures the weight range of 5-180kg. It is battery-powered, weighs 1.16kg, and has a backlight LED for easy value readings.
- It is light and easy to use
- It does not have very accurate readings and the manual guide is not very user friendly
7) RYLAN Electronic Thick Tempered Glass & LCD Weight Scale
This automatic digital weighing machine can measure up to 180kg of weight accurately. Its hard surface is designed with tempered glass and is battery-powered. This device is ultra-slim and features step-on technology, LCD backlighting, and other features that make it perfect for personal use.
- It is lightweight and stylish
- It features long battery hours
- Not durable and may break under tension
8) ISABELLA Electronic Thick Tempered Glass Weighing Scale
This digital weighing machine can measure accurately a weight of up to 180kg and works on battery power. It is optimized, suitable, and designed for use in bathrooms, hospitals, and personal weight monitoring.
- It has a very good design
- Product packaging is faulty
- It is less accurate in readings
9) Hesley Inc. Smart Bluetooth Body Fat BMI Digital Bathroom Weight Scale
This smart electronic weighing equipment can measure up to 180kg of weight. It can calculate other body metrics like BMI, BFR (Blood Flow Restriction), and more. Also, it allows connectivity to smartphones to manage the data of users.
- It can perform multiple functionalities
- It features the step-on technology
- It allows connectivity to only the latest devices
10) HNESS Electronic Thick Tempered Glass And LCD Display Weight Scale
This digital device is optimized for human fitness and personal weight measurement. It weighs up to 180kg with good accuracy, it features an auto-on or off mechanism, overload indication, and much more.
- It is very good for both homes and hospitals
- Its surface is made of a high tempered glass to improve durability
- It is not a smart electronic scale and can only measure weight
11) MK Store Thick Tempered Glass & LCD Weighing Scale
This digital weighing machine can measure up to a weight of 180kg with precision and accuracy. Its surface is made of tempered glass and also features an auto-on or off, overload indicator, battery indicator, and more.
- It is lightweight
- Shows temperature readings
- Fine design
- It is not always accurate
12) Generic Rw150 Glass Digital Round Weighing Scale
This digital weighing machine has a sleek glass finishing and has a weighing capacity of 150kg. The weighing machine weighs 1.95kg and is battery-powered. It can also measure weight in pounds (lbs) in addition to kilograms (kg). It also features the step-on ability, where the device comes on once the user steps on the surface.
- The surface glass-layered
- Displays weight in both kilograms and pounds
- Not accurate
- Questionable authenticity
Hope the above-listed weight machine helps you decide the best weight machine best suits your requirements.
1. Which is the best weighing machine?
The best weighing machine in the Indian market is the Health Sense PS 135 Ultra-Lite personal scale.
2. What is the price of a weight machine?
A weight machine in India could cost between Rs. 700 to Rs. 5000
3. How can I check my weight at home?
Weight checked using a digital bathroom weighing machine optimized for home use.
4. What are the 3 types of scale?
The three main types of weighing scales are analytical balance, animal scale, and check the weighing scale.
5. Which weighing machine is best-analogue or digital?
Both types of weighing machines are very good, but when considering accuracy, the digital weighing machine is best as it provides its readings in values and digits.
6. How much should a 14-year-old weigh?
According to certain health standards, a 14-year-old should weigh about 50.8kg (112.0 lb).
7. How much should a 5’2 female weigh?
A 5’2 female should weigh about 99-121lbs which is equivalent to 44.9 to 54.9kg.
8. How much should a 13-year-old weigh?
A 13-year-old should weigh about 43.5kg which is equivalent to 100.0 lb.
9. How often should I weigh myself?
Weighing is done constantly if possible every day or twice a week.