When you want to present a gift to someone, it is a good idea to wrap it on special paper. The wrapping paper is usually beautiful. It, therefore, makes the gift (whatever it is) look special. The wrapping paper can also bring about an element of surprise. When someone receives a gift wrapped in special paper, they can’t tell what it is straightaway. They have to unwrap, to tell what the gift item is.
This element of surprise is essential while gifting. Wrapping papers have other uses, besides wrapping gifts. It can be used in making scrapbooks. And it can be used in papercrafts, file decorations, party hall decorations among other things. Also check the buyers guide for Aluminium Foils to pack food.
Top 11 Best Wrapping Papers in India
Features of a Wrapping Paper
- One of the most important features of wrapping sheets is their aesthetic appeal.
- The wrapping sheet has to be genuinely beautiful.
- Another important feature in wrapping sheets is thickness.
- The paper should at least be thick enough to provide adequate wrapping.
- Yet another key feature in wrapping sheets is sturdiness.
- The paper should be sturdy enough not to tear when folded.
- Ideally, the wrapping sheets shouldn’t be prone to creasing.
Types of Wrapping Papers
- There are wrapping papers that come in single colors.
- Then there are those that are multicolor.
- There are wrapping papers that are based on floral designs.
- Then there are those whose decorations are linear.
- There are even some that are almost entirely plain: with very few decorations.
- Some wrapping papers are glossy and shiny.
- Others lack glossiness/shininess and therefore have a basic matte finish.
How to use a Wrapping Paper?
- After buying the wrapping sheet, you need to unpack it.
- Then measure the gift item you wish to wrap.
- Do this to get an idea as to how much paper you will need to cover it fully.
- Get a sheet of wrapping sheet that is enough for the gift item you have.
- Then carefully wrap the gift item with the sheet.
- If the gift item being wrapped is too big, consider using two or more wrapping sheets.
Buying Guide for Wrapping Paper
- The wrapping sheet you buy should be sturdy enough and big enough for the purpose you have in mind.
- It should also be in a suitable color/pattern for the type of gift you wish to wrap.
- Before making an order, you may consider asking the vendor whether the wrapping sheets are a multicolor or single color.
- You also need to check/inquire about the wrapping paper’s thickness: which is often quoted in GSM units.
- You can buy wrapping paper online.
- Alternatively, you can buy wrapping sheets in local gift item stores.
- If you choose to buy wrapping paper online, you could save a bit of money and time.
List of Top 11 Best Wrapping Papers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Aakar Pack of 5 Wrapping Paper Sheets
What you get here are 5 wrapping paper sheets, each being 29 by 19 inches. Besides wrapping gifts, they can also be used for crafts.
- Very low price wrapping papers
- Thicker than average (at 90 GSM)
- Versatile (can be used for many things)
- By default comes in one design (but you can ask for assorted designs)
- Paper may crumble if roughly handled
2. TOTAL HOME Plastic Metallic Colour Wrapping Sheets
Total 25 sheets. Each 24 by 17 inches, and multicolor.
- Great aesthetic appeal
- Glossy look for more elegance
- Reasonably low price
- Relatively thin wrapping papers
- Some papers may come folded
3. Asian Hobby Crafts Gift Wrapping Paper
In this package are 10 sheets, each 26 by 19 inches. Can also be used for craftwork (besides gift wrapping).
- Paper is quite sturdy/not prone to creases
- Beautiful designs
- They come with tape
- Package limited to 10 sheets
- Some of the designs are muted
4. SATYAM KRAFT Gift Wrapping Paper
SATYAM KRAFT package includes 10 sheets, each 28 by 19 inches. There is a free gift tag for each sheet.
- Very beautifully designed
- Comes with free gift tags
- Papers are reasonably thick
- Relatively higher price
- Limited to polka dot designs only
5. Asian Hobby Crafts Wrapping Paper Book
Asian Hobby crafts are one of the packages with more wrapping paper sheets: at 24. The size is 304 by 450 millimeters.
- Sheets compiled into a book
- More sheets/more value for money
- Vivid designs
- Price is somewhat high
- Paper feels exceedingly soft for some
6. LussoLiv Premium Gift Wrapping Sheets
What you get with each package are 4 different designs. The package has 5 sheets, each 17 by 24 inches.
- Unique designs and colors
- The Paper is of excellent quality
- Metallic/glossy paper finish
- Relatively high price
- Bows have to be bought separately
7. Ecom Stretch Wrap Roll
Ecom stretch wrap roll comes in the form of a roll (rather than sheets). So there is no wastage as you only cut as much as you need.
- Roll is 10 inches wide
- Suitable for many uses
- Easy to cut and wrap around items
- The design is quite muted
- Price somewhat higher
8. Lakeer Plastic Holographic Wrapping Sheets
Each sheet is 65 by 45 centimeters. Has a glossy metallic finish.
- Bigger than average sheets
- The package has 25 sheets (more than average)
- Quite a low price
- Sheets come folded
- Little room for customization
9. 7mm Between the Lines Gift Wrappers
This is one of the monochrome wrapping paper packages. Contains 4 sheets, each 20 by 30 inches.
- Elegant in a simple way
- Sheets are sturdy
- Good thickness at 100 GSM
- You only get 4 sheets
- Relatively high price
10. HomeSquare Golden Gift Wrapping Paper
HomeSquare Golden gift wrap paper is one of the truly multi-purpose wrapping papers. The package has 7 sheets, each 19 by 28 inches.
- Versatile (for multiple uses)
- Sheets are easy to handle
- The price is quite good
- Limited color choices
- No glossy finish
11. Accuprints Wrapping paper sheets
These are amongst the most affordable wrapping paper sheets. The package has 5 sheets, each 20 by 30 inches.
- Very affordable package
- Papers are reasonably big
- The finish is glossy
- You only get 5 sheets
- Colors may be too basic
Wrapping gift items in special paper can increase their value considerably. It is better than giving unwrapped gift items. The information we have given here should give you good guidance while shopping for wrapping paper in India.
What is wrapping paper?
It is a special type of paper used to wrap gifts. Can also be used for crafts, hall decorations, scrapbooks, and so on.
Which paper is used for wrapping paper?
Usually, it is glossy or matte finish paper.
What is the cost of the wrapping paper?
Wrapping paper cost is in the 140 to 400 Indian Rupees range.