Wooden plates, colloquially known as “Thali” in India, are the plates for serving food. Their use includes that of a serving dish and tray. Due to their fragile body and the risk of cracking after drying, users prefer steel plates. However, wooden plates are much more decent and graceful in look. Their position as kitchenware is undiminished even in this era of using plastic and glassware due to outstanding quality. Here, we have provided the buyer’s guide for the best Steel Plates, stainless steel Dinner sets, steel cup sets, copper plates, paper plates, copper bottles, Copper Glasses, Copper pots, Electric Tandoor, Wet grinder machines, Food Processors, Steel Dining tables, steel water bottles, bread toasters, atta dough makers, Hand Mixers, Egg Boilers, Idli Makers, Ice Cream Makers, barbecue grills, Water purifiers, Roti Makers & Microwave Oven
Top 10 Best Wooden Plates in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Wooden Plates
- All wooden plates are light and durable.
- For looking fresh and avoiding cracks as they dry, they need a coat of oil as protection.
- Some might be dishwasher friendly, but still, need oiling. They could be microwave friendly as well.
- They all have slightly upward curved borders. This prevents eatables from slipping right off the plates’ surface.
- Some of them have a plaid appearance. Others could have a carved interior.
Types of Wooden Plates
Wooden plates have the following categories depending on their style and pieces per pack.
- Type 1 is the solo type. These are one per pack. Their appearance is plaid and is suitable as a serving tray, and daily use plate.
- Type 2 is the ideal family pack. These are 4-6 per pack.
- Type 3 is a pair of wooden plates. One is a perfect plate and the other a saucer.
How to Use Wooden Plates?
- Using a wooden plate is easy. However, it requires some extra care as compared to other hardware.
- Avoid leaving leftover food on it overnight. This may cause it to give off a foul odor.
- Oiling it after each wash is important, otherwise, it may crack on drying.
- Only some plates are dishwasher and microwave friendly. Check whether your product is friendly to such equipment or not to avoid disastrous outcomes.
Buyer’s Guide for Wooden Plates
- Start with deciding a budget and the number of plates you want to buy at that set price.
- Next, view and compare the products that match your requirement. Prefer the ones on a deal.
- Before you check out, read the dimensions carefully and the piece per pack. Remember, all zoomed-in images are for the ease of viewing the product.
- Confirm your purchase once you feel completely satisfied with your choice.
List of Top 10 Best Wooden Plates in India-Buyers Guide
For precious customers like you, here is a list of the top 10 wooden plates available on Amazon India
1. Uteez Wooden Plate
This is an all-season wooden plate, with multiple uses.
- Sheesham wood makes it durable.
- This product is dishwasher friendly.
- For serving dry fruits, pizza, and noodles this plate is good.
- The depth is insufficient to hold eatables such as gravy.
- Wood is inflammable, hence, there is a risk that the plate burns if handled carelessly.
2. Amaze-Shoppee Plate of Wood
A 12-inch wide plate is all that you might need for this winter.
- As a tray and plate, this plate functions accurately.
- Being 0.5-inch deep, it can hold some gravy in it as well.
- The design is hand-wash-friendly.
- It is not dishwasher friendly. The users need to hand wash it after every use.
- Scratches might stay forever on them if once scratched with a knife or cutters.
3. Seashell Wooden Serving Plate
Here is an Acacia wood plate.
- The product is a multipurpose type. At a time it acts as a tray, plate, and snack platter.
- The price is quite reasonable with and without the offer.
- Oily meals get mattify on it.
- It serves one man at a time.
- There is only one piece per pack.
4. Monica Set of 4 Wooden Plates
It is a family-friendly set of wooden plates.
- This is an eco-friendly product.
- Mango wood guarantees its durability.
- As a gift on Anniversaries or birthdays, it is a useful set of wooden plates to give.
- All 4 plates are of the same size.
- Their depth is insufficient for serving gravy, soup, and Sushi.
5. Generic Wooden Thali
These are 5 shiny plates, with 10 days refundable ease.
- For serving salad, pizza, and bread their size is the best.
- It is dishwasher safe. The users don’t have to spend time washing the plates with their hands.
- The customer might find its price quite reasonable with and without the offer.
- The user may find it difficult to hold from its edges, as they won’t allow one’s thumb to slip off.
- Pickle would cause it to give off a foul odor even after consecutive rinsing and washing.
6. Agri Club Eco-Friendly Neem Wood Plate
The brand Agri Club offers a 10-inch plate for its users.
- A classical brown wooden plate is a good addition to your kitchenware.
- It is microwave and dishwasher friendly.
- Being made of Sheesham, it is durable.
- Too much dishwashing will make it look dull too soon.
- Only one piece of plate is on offer. It won’t serve more than one person at a time.
7. Delux Wooden Thali
A Sheesham wood plate is another good product on the list.
- The depth of the plate is good enough for serving gravy.
- The round shape makes it easy to adjust in the dish drying racks.
- Its shiny appearance makes it a presentable household item.
- This plate is not dishwasher friendly.
- Off the offer, this product is quite expensive to buy.
8. Agri Club Wooden Plate
This Neem wooden plate is the best product for buyers that seek a long-living wooden plate.
- It is good for non-stick purposes.
- The material is scratch-resistant. It also doesn’t react with the material of cutlery.
- Neem wood is a natural repellent for insects, germs, and parasites. Hence, it keeps you protected.
- Only one piece per pack is present.
- For gravy and soup, its depth is insufficient.
9. Generic Plate of Sheesham Wood
Generic’s family pack of 6 wooden plates is the best set of wooden plates for your family.
- 6 wooden plates are the best for a family.
- The high borders of these plates are holder’s friendly.
- For gifts, this product serves the best and is highly recommended.
- Waxing is important for giving it a fresh look.
- Wood is flammable, so the product is liable to burn.
10. Generic Carved Wooden Plates
These two plates are the most beautiful handcrafted product.
- Each plate varies in size.
- The craft on it gives it a traditional look.
- Its price is economical on special offers.
- The smaller one is too small for serving eatables. It looks like a saucer.
- Its dimensions are not mentioned by the manufacturer.
In conclusion, the use of wooden plates is still alive throughout the world, especially in India. Due to the prevailing trend of “disposables” and glass plates, their use however has decreased. Moreover, as they are resistant to breaking, they are a good option in comparison to plastic, especially for kids. They seem out of fashion, but health-conscious people still prefer their use over the rest. Enjoy your wooden plate purchase.
Are wooden plates healthy?
Yes, wooden plates are healthy. Their manufacturing material is natural wood such as Sheesham, Mango, and Acacia wood. For polishing them, the preferred product is wax which should be as natural as possible. However, imitation wood can prove hazardous and result in Asthma.
Why do people use wooden plates?
The reasons behind using wooden plates are their decent look, durable quality, and easy-to-clean feature. As they are not easy to break like glass and are reusable, they are more desirable. Some people use wooden plates because it’s a tradition in the region they inhabit, such as China.
What is the price of the wooden plates?
The price of wooden plates ranges from ₹500 to₹ 2000 which reduces to ₹200 to ₹1400 on an offer/deal. The price depends upon the type of wood the manufacturer used and the pieces per pack. Their price overall is quite economical and reasonable for the durability they offer.