A wooden Almirah is a sort of cupboard. Its known uses are as personal and couple wardrobes. However, according to its size and design, people have found it quite flexible for other purposes as well. Some of its other uses include keeping books, utensils, and crockery. It’s good to have a personal Almirah in bedrooms for ease of access to one’s accessories. It builds an air of independence around you.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best wooden chairs, wooden beds, Wooden Tables, Almirah, Book Shelf, Slotted Angle Racks, Wall self, Plastic Tables, Plastic chairs, Plastic Dining Tables, Folding Dining Tables, Dining Table sets, Steel Dining Tables, Round Dining tables, 4-seater Dining Tables, Console tables, Dining chairs, Dining Table Covers, Sofa sets, Recliner Sofas, Sofa Cushion, Cushion Covers, Pillows, Air Pillows, Air Mattresses, Mattress Protectors, Mattress Toppers, Sofa Cover sets, 5-seater sofa sets, 3 seater sofa sets, Teak wood sofa sets, sofa cum beds, Evok Furnitures, Sliding wardrobe, Teapoy, Ekbote Furniture, console table, 4 seater dining tables, Bar stools, center tables, chest of drawers, plastic stools, wing chairs, rocking chairs, Dining Chairs, wooden stool, diwan set covers, Folding chair, coffee tables, Quality waterproof Plywood & L-Shaped Sofa in India.
Top 10 Best Wooden Almirah in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Wooden Almirah
- Apart from being made of wood, wooden Almirahs have some features in common.
- All of them have drawers and partitions. The latter is a must. This feature allows user to gather all their belongings in one place.
- The Almirahs that are for bedrooms have half or full-length mirrors. It is for the ease of the user to view his/her looks.
- They need half-yearly polish. This makes them look fresh.
Types of Wooden Almirah
Almirahs can be of the following types.
- The first type is the bedroom type. It could be for a single person or a couple’s use.
- The second type is the cupboard type. This is useful to keep crockery and kitchenware. Placing it near the kitchen is a good idea.
- Last is the key holder type. They are for key holding only. There is no space for any additional items.
How to Use Wooden Almirah
- Their use is simple. Apply the rule, “Care and Repair.”
- Avoid overloading the Almirah up to the point that its door resists closing. This will pressurize the hinges.
- Wood is liable for termite infestation. Spray insecticide every two weeks or 30 days after evacuating the Almirah completely.
- Shut its doors politely if it has a mirror on it. This will prevent the mirror/s from shattering.
- Declutter it every year.
Buyer’s guide for Wooden Almirah
- If you want to buy an Almirah, first seek an even place to install it. Measure its dimensions to buy an Almirah that would fix it there.
- As you start your search, keep your budget and dimensions in mind. Start with the items on a deal.
- Once you find the desired product, look at whether it’s preassembled or not. If not, ask the seller for the services or hire a carpenter yourself.
List of Top 10 Best Wooden Almirah in India-Buyers Guide
For the ease of our valuable customers, a list of the top 10 brands selling Almirah is down below.
1. Wakefit Engineeredwood Cupboard
This cupboard has a warranty of 1 year.
- The cupboard is a good match for a single adult’s bedroom.
- There are multiple divisors in it. They make it spacious.
- The double door feature allows the user to open the required portion.
- The design is not couple-oriented nor can siblings share it in pairs.
- A full or half-length mirror is lacking.
2. Spacewood Wardrobe
A product with a natural wedge color at a reasonable price is here.
- There is a mirror for the user to view him/herself.
- The wardrobe has two divisions. This gives the user a lot of storage space.
- Being water-resistant, the seller assures a warranty of 36 months.
- This product lacks drawers.
- It needs assembling before its installment anywhere.
3. Deck Up Wooden Almirah
Deck Up brand comes up with a great Almirah.
- The height of the Almirah equals the average height of an adult.
- There are 2 divisions in it. This makes it good for couple-sharing.
- Being easy to move, relocating to a room or house is easy.
- It lacks a mirror on its front door.
- The depth of its portions is not good enough for bulk storage.
4. Home Town Cupboard of Wood
This is a four-door, wedge-colored cupboard.
- This is the most suitable wardrobe for couples or multiple siblings sharing a room.
- An endorsed mirror provides ease of view to the user.
- Drawers and divisions make it a lot spacious.
- The price of this product is too high for a 1-year warranty.
- It requires a carpenter to assemble it before it is put to use.
5. @home by Nikamal Store Wood Wardrobe
Here is a 2-door wardrobe for couples and siblings. The user will find it trendy and useful
- Either door has a mirror. One has a full length and the other has a half-length mirror.
- Wide rectangular compartments and drawers can accommodate a lot of the user’s stuff.
- The area for hanging clothes is large. Coats and jackets are easily hung.
- The drawer is placed too low in the cupboard. One has to bend down to access the stuff in it.
- The depth of the compartment is insufficient to stack multiple items.
6. Kaliyar Decors Key Holder
By the sound of it, it’s obvious that this Amirah is for key keeping.
- This item is a wall mount type. Holders are provided at the back for this purpose.
- Its antique look of it makes it a precious addition to one’s household.
- On the wall it mounts, it occupies little space.
- The use of this product is restricted to key keeping.
- Many handy and cheap key holders are available than this.
7. Generic Wooden Cupboard
Generic has an Almirah at a very reasonable price.
- An endorsed mirror makes it an eye-catching product for buyers.
- A large storage capacity makes it more like a store for the user.
- The double door feature gives easy access to the required portion of the wardrobe.
- The length of the mirror is half of the door’s length.
- The area provided for hanging clothes is also very short and narrow.
8. Generic Hudson Almirah
Another product by Generic with one year warranty is on the list.
- 5 square-shaped and 2 wide rectangular compartments make it a lot more spacious.
- The space allotted for the hanging suit has sufficient length to hand Saris and coats.
- This is a pre-assembled product. It just needs to adjust on even ground and it’s ready to use.
- Only 1 drawer is present. This quantity of drawers is insufficient for its users.
- The legs of the wardrobe are not movement friendly. They may put marks on the floor if the user drags it for relocation.
9. Bluewud Wooden Wardrobe
There is a 3-year warranty on this double door product.
- The seller provides free assembling services for this wardrobe.
- There is enough space for hanging the suits in it.
- An individual can easily adjust all his belongings in it.
- It lacks drawers. The user might find it unsafe to put important stuff in it.
- There is no mirror for the user.
10. Generic Almirah of Wood
It serves as a multipurpose wooden cupboard for its users.
- Users don’t have to worry about its assembling. It is a pre-assembled Almirah.
- The upper doors have see-through glass framed in them. This feature makes it a show-case style cupboard.
- It has diverse uses. The user may keep shoes, books, utensils, and crockery in them.
- There is no space for hanging clothes. There is no place for coats and similar clothes in it.
- Square or boxed partitions are lacking. Classification of the stored products will be difficult for the user.
We hope the above information will prove quite useful for you. Best of luck with your experience of buying a wooden Almirah. Use it wisely. No product lasts forever. It depends on us how we use it. Remember, buying a cupboard is not a solution to the stuff you want behind doors. This product teaches us to declutter our stuff to adjust it in as little space as it offers.
Which wood is the best for Almirah?
Sheesham is the best wood for Almirah. It is durable and premium-quality wood. Termites and other insects can’t easily penetrate as well, as their bark is thick. Rosewood and Oakwood are good as second-priority materials. Their products are also durable and available at a lower price as compared to that of Sheesham.
What is the cost of a wooden Almirah?
The cost of a wooden Almirah ranges from ₹9000- ₹23,000. However, the price of any item is liable to change on temporary deals. This is an average of the prices currently on the site. The prices keep on updating.
Which type of Almirah is the best?
The best Almirah is the one with a full or half-length mirror, wide storage sections, and one or two drawers. Such an Almirah helps in classifying the stored products. Moreover, the important documents and money are safe to keep locked up in a drawer.