A wire stripper is a multi-tasking tool. It is a great tool for electricians to have in the toolbox. A wire stripper is a strong tool that can hold and cut all kinds of cables. Its durable design is perfect for all sorts of applications. Users can do the job fast and easily with this handy tool. It cuts, bends, and twists wire with ease and efficiency. It connects the two wires effectively. This wire stripper cuts the telephone line, fiber optic cables, and domestic wires. The price range of this product is 300 INR to 600 INR. Using it, you can strip damaged cables or take apart damaged cables. Make quick work of all your electrical tasks with this wire stripper. It cuts wire, bends wire, and twists wire quickly and easily.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Cable Tie for binding wires Cables, VGA Cables, USB Extension Cables, HDMI to VGA Converters, and OTG Cables, in India.
Top 10 Best Wire Strippers in India
Features of Wire Stripper
- The wire stripper features carbon alloy steel. That is high-grade steel easy to grab and use.
- The other feature is its high-quality handles and working springs.
- Its features include this tool performing multi-functional tasks.
- Another key feature of the tool is that it cuts the wire from 0.5mm to 6 mm.
- Among its features are it can cut, bend or hold the wires at the same time.
Types of Wire Strippers
- There are different types of wire strippers depending on their size, material, and shape.
- Twist action tool is its most common type which has haws in which you can hold the wire. Another type of stripper tool is a rotatory tool that functions like a screwdriver.
- This type of tool has two jaws or handles in which you can rotate the wire.
- Another type is a pliers-style tool, which is a multifunctioning innovative tool that performs the same function as others.
Buying Guide for Wire Stripper
- Any kind of tool that always comes in use should be handy. One of that, useful tools is a wire stripper. In the market different types of wire strippers are present. When it comes to choosing the right wire stripper for your needs, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First of all, you need to decide what size and type of wire stripper you need that fits in your toolbox. There are many different sizes and types available in the market, so it is important to select the one that is easy to carry.
- Secondly, you need to consider the material of the stripper tool. You should keep in mind which type of wire you want to strip. So, buy the stripper which cut your desired wire efficiently.
- Finally, you need to consider the price of the wire stripper. Wire strippers can range in price from a few hundred rupees to several hundred Indian rupees, so selecting the one that fits your budget is important.
How To Use Wire Stripper?
- The wire stripper is a tool to cut or bend wires. If you want to cut your desired wire first of all determine the gauge of that copper wire.
- It is important to match the wire gauge with the wire stripper’s appropriately labelled hole.
- If you choose the wrong hole, the insulation won’t be completely cut, so you may have trouble stripping the wire. As you open the wire stripper handles, place the wire in one of the holes and slowly press the handles together. If there is difficulty in cutting the wire you can rotate the wire among the hole until the wire is cut.
List of Top 10 Best Wire Strippers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Ezlife Automatic Cable Cutter
This cable stripper is 8 inches long. A multipurpose tool has both options cutter and a crimper.
- The tool cuts the copper and aluminium wires conveniently.
- Its rubber-coated handles give a strong grip.
- High-quality stainless steel is used in its manufacturing.
- After some time, the cutter does not work properly.
- One of the customers received damaged screws.
2. STANLEY Wire Strippers
Stanley brand provides a plastic material wire cutter. Its handles are made of rubber.
- A lightweight tool for bending the wires.
- A good product for professional as well as household use.
- Material quality is highly rated.
- The product should have a lock mechanism.
- This tool comes in a small size.
3. Amazon Basics Wire Strippers
To cut the wires quickly this tool is very useful. This tool plays an important role in electricians’ work.
- It is made of high-grade corrosion-resistant steel.
- The adjustable jaws are 2 inches wide.
- You can grip the tool comfortably.
- Thin wire cannot be striped.
- It does not work efficiently.
4. Generic Wire Stripping Tool
A good tool especially for electrical engineers that make their work easy.
- A good working tool at a reasonable price.
- Make your work easy.
- Corrosion-Resistant. It’s a stainless-steel tool.
- Its jaw teeth do not work properly after some days.
- This tool cannot cut wires 5mm thick.
5. KAIWEETS Wire Strippers
To firmly grab or cut the wires this tool does a great job.
- Easy to use.
- Superior grasping quality.
- Easily cut the fiber optic cables.
- Difficult to cut wires because its jaw teeth are not so sharp.
- Quality should be improved.
6. INDURO Wire Strippers
INDURO wire strippers are stainless steel electrical instrument corrosion free.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- The adjustable stripper that strips the cables automatically.
- An innovative tool for different categories working.
- The product display is quite basic.
- The product is not more effective.
7. Multifunctional Durable Wire Strippers
This multifunctional durable wire stripper has a good grip on your palm. Your home appliances wire will be cut easily by this tool.
- Good handling, tool.
- This tool performs multifunctional tasks.
- The quality of product is superior.
- The product looks like an average product.
- Needs more pressure and energy for work.
8. Ego No. 2 DLX Wire Strippers
The Ego No. 2 is a 172mm wire stripper. High-grade alloy is its main component.
- A suitable tool for the electronic industry.
- It cuts the wire of 0.2 to 6mm.
- Helpful product at a cheap rate.
- It has no super quality.
- Someone received different colour of the tool.
9. AGARO Wire Strippers
Mainly used for stripping and cutting fiber optic cables. High-grade carbon alloy is a main part of its composition.
- A useful product to cut the wires.
- Its material will not corrode.
- A long-term useable tool.
- It cannot be used professionally.
- Size of the tool is big.
10. Knipex Wire Strippers
To hold, cut, and strip the wires, consider a fundamental tool in your work.
- A good handling tool with fine tips and shape.
- The best tool at a fair price.
- The length is good and easy to grasp.
- The product is not for domestic use.
- Quality must be improved.
Wire Strippers, also known as stripping tools or cutting tools, are handy tools for removing wire insulation from a cable Wire strippers make your job easier when your job requires removing wires from a cable. You can also use them on electrical wires, but you may need to use an extension piece if the cable is smaller. They’re made of durable material and they won’t fade or crack when you use them.
How does wire stripping work?
The wire stripper has a series of holes labelled based on the wire gauge, typically 10 gauge to 20 gauge. This tool severs the insulation without damaging the copper wire by precisely cutting through the insulation layer with its handles.