A shawl is winter wear that is the rectangular shape of the fabric. You can wear it as a protective garment from the cold. It is wrapped on the upper part of the body, that is over the shoulders and even over the head sometimes. It is made with many different materials. This not only keeps you warm but also makes a style statement if you wear it the right way.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best winter jackets, winter jackets for Girls, Winter Jacket for Boys, sweaters for Men, Sweaters for women, sweatshirts for women, sweatshirts for men, cardigans for Men, Cardigan for women, winter gloves, winter bedsheets, stockings for winter, winter slippers, winter nightsuits, winter creams, winter shoes, winter caps for women, winter blankets, Woolen tops for Girls in India.
Top 10 Best winter shawls in India-Buyers Guide
Features of winter shawl
- A shawl is an elegant piece of garment that adds to your beauty and fashion.
- These are designed to keep you warm in cold weather is their main feature.
- Shawls with different textures are light and feel soft to the skin.
- You can wear it in different ways that not only keep you warm but also look fashionable.
- A shawl was an old-fashioned wearable that was earlier worn by old people only but today the time is changing.
- It is equally loved by the new generation.
Types of winter shawls
- Shawls are woven in different ways with different types of material that make them vary in thickness and warmth.
- The types also vary from place to place with their specially made shawls.
- For instance, the pashmina shawls from Kashmir are made from fleece of cashmere goat, Kullu shawls of Himachal have special designs in them.
- Moreover, Dhabla shawls of Kutch are made of sheep wool, Rabari shawls of Gujarat are made of handwoven cotton with silk embroidery, and so on.
Buyer’s guide for winter shawl
- Before you buy your shawl there are some tips that you should follow to choose the best one.
- You should look for the material if it is soft and thick enough to make you comfortable.
- Then, the size of the shawl is also important to consider.
- Check it to make sure the shawl covers you complete to keep you warm.
- And the price of the shawl is also significant.
- So, choose your shawl before considering all the above points.
How to use a winter shawl?
- There are different ways in which you can use a scarf.
- You can wear it in the old traditional way that wraps it around your shoulders.
- Other than that, you can wear it as a scarf, stole, or even as a dupatta with ethnic wear.
- You can also wear it in ways to give a western touch to your outfit.
- For instance, wear it like a poncho, add an accessory like a belt, wear it like a shrug to add beauty to your dress.
- Whether it is traditional Indian or western clothing it can go well with any of them if you use it the right way.
List of Top 10 Best winter shawls online in India-Buyers Guide
1. SWI WITH LABEL multi-coloured embroidery women’s shawl
The Aari work design shawl for an elegant look.
- The yarn is of good quality.
- This Winter Shawal is great for gifting.
- You can wear it at parties.
- You should only dry clean it.
- Do not squeeze.
2. Pashtush jamawar woven artwork shawl
The faux pashmina shawl with jamawar weave.
- It is lightweight.
- You can wear it as a dupatta.
- This is very soft.
- It is not very warm.
- Wash with mild detergent.
3. Weaver’s villa grey with multi-coloured border shawl
The thick wide shawl to get you noticed everywhere.
- This winter shawl has a distinctive design.
- It provides you with coverage.
- This is very thick
- It is uncomfortable.
- The finish on edges is not so good.
4. SWI STYLISH beautiful woven women’s shawl
The feather-light shawl to amplify your party look.
- This is a good gift option.
- It is made up of silken thread.
- The texture is very smooth.
- You should hand wash it.
- Dry it in shade.
5. CHKOKKO double-sided shawl for women
This shawl can be worn in any function for a graceful look.
- This is affordable.
- This is simple yet classy.
- It has a delicate touch.
- Do not scrub it while washing.
- It may bleed colour.
6. Pashmoda Store woven jamawar shawl
The floral design shawl has its root in Kashmiri heritage.
- This has beautiful details in it.
- It will go well with formal dresses.
- It provides good warmth.
- Do not wash it in the dishwasher.
- Dry it in the open air.
7. Tweedle store Himachal inspired shawl
The authentic and beautiful Kullu shawl never gets old.
- This is easy to wrap.
- You can wear it with western dresses.
- It is suitable for winter.
- Do not use bleach.
- Only use a steam iron.
8. Handicraft shawls plain with border winter shawl
The rustic woollen shawl for protection from harsh weather in style.
- This is very handy for any normal day.
- Great for early winter.
- You can wear it as a scarf.
- This is not pure wool.
- The regular wash may damage it.
9. FusFus reversible woven winter shawl
The shawl with delicate print for a sophisticated look.
- This shawl has a favourable dimension.
- It will go well with a saree.
- It is reversible.
- It requires gentle wash.
- Do not put it in direct sunlight.
10. Matelco plain with embroidered border winter shawl
The basic shawl with striking thin borders by great artisans.
- The best option for office and college girls.
- This suits both formal and casual outfits.
- It is inexpensive.
- The colour may fade after some time.
- It is suitable for harsh winter.
A shawl is something you should always add to your wardrobe as it goes well with anything and everything. This is a great alternative to regular coats, blazers, sweaters, jackets etc. You can use a shawl in different ways and still look classy and trendy.
Which shawl is best for winters?
Pashmina shawl is the best option for winters. It is famous worldwide for its softness and lightweight. It is made from the popular cashmere wool.
What are shawls called?
Shawls are also known by the name of stole, scarf or wrap. The name differs due to the size and style in which they are worn. But all of them have the same purpose to keep you warm and stylish.
What is the price of a winter shawl?
The price of the shawl can start from Rs. 200 and rise to Rs. 2,05,000 approx. The price depends on the quality and warmth provided by the shawl.