White pepper powder is a by-product of the black peppercorn. It consists of the inner dried seed of the peppercorn berry. When the black peppercorn matures, workers remove the outer shell of the fully-ripen peppercorn. The inner seed is the main ingredient of the pepper powder. Then, the manufacturers finely ground the inner white seed into the powder. To make the white pepper powder, the experts choose the high-quality fully-ripped pepper berry.
Also, check the buyer’s guide to buying the best Black Raisins, Black Cardamom, Cardamom, Elaichi or Green Cardamom, Khus Khus, Cardamom Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Dry coconut, Cocoa Powder, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, ginger powder, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Eliachi Powder, Dalchini sticks, Cloves, Elaichi, Peppercorns, Black Peppercorns, Cumin powder, masala tea powders, Amla Juice, Giloy Juice, Triphala Churna, Tulsi Drops, Aloe Vera Juice, Mishri, Ginger Powder, Anjeer, Badam, Mamra Badam, Walnut, Dry dates, coconut powder, Kishmish, Pista, and Long Peppercorns
When the outer skin of the black peppercorn shrinks off, the workers rub it off. After successfully removing the outer skin, the inner greyish-white pepper inside becomes apparent. This is the white pepper, which is dried and sold commercially.
Vendors sell the powder as well as the whole white peppers. Normally, top brands sell the white pepper in powder form. It is the main ingredient of dishes that need a peppery bite. It is a popular food ingredient, used worldwide.
Top 10 Best White Pepper Powder Brands in India
Buyer’s Guide – White Pepper Powder
White pepper is a product, which is edible – not worn or kept on a shelf. You must read the product’s specifications & also have a good understanding of the top-quality white pepper product.
You must consider the following factors before buying:
- The colour of the pepper should be incredibly white. It must not look yellowish.
- The white pepper is more expensive than the black pepper.
- So, when you invest money, you must research properly.
- You must check the source of the product. Malabar region of India produces top-quality peppercorns.
- You must check the manufacturing date of the product.
- Also, you should only purchase a fresh one.
- No wonder, you cannot taste it.
- So, you have to rely on the reviews of the users.
- You must make sure to check the reviews.
- Reviews speak a lot about the product’s taste, aroma, and flavour.
- White pepper is available at an affordable price.
- You do not have to spend thousands of rupees on this product.
- You must dig a little bit online, and prevent yourself from getting conned.
Features of White Pepper
- There are many features of the white pepper powder & it is hotter than the black pepper in taste.
- Dried peppercorn is the main ingredient of the pepper powder.
- So, it has a more incredible and more exceptional taste than other black pepper powder.
- White pepper is available in powder and whole form.
- When you want to enjoy a light-toned dish, then this powder brings out the best flavour and colour into the dish.
- The white pepper has a great many benefits for humans.
- It protects the consumer from cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers.
Types of White Pepper
There are different types of peppercorns, which include green, red, white, and pink peppercorns.
- These are under-ripe peppercorn berries.
- They have a mild peppery flavour, which enhances the flavour of the dish.
- The red peppercorn is the black peppercorn, which ripens to the red colour.
- The white peppercorn is the by-product of the black peppercorn.
- Manufacturers retrieve the white peppercorn from the dried and mature fields of the black peppercorn.
- When the black peppercorn has matured, the workers remove the skin of the black peppercorn and ground it into a powder.
- Some red peppercorn has a lighter tone, which appears as pink.
- So, that becomes the pink peppercorn.
Uses of White Pepper Powder?
Manufacturers extract the white peppercorn from the green peppercorn plant. The White peppercorn and black peppercorn come from the same plant – green peppercorn.
- Manufacturers source the white pepper from the dried fruit, whereas the green peppercorn is the black pepper.
- There is not a single plant of the white peppercorn itself. After the farmers have harvested the green peppercorn, the field of the green peppercorn dries up in the sun.
- Once the green peppercorn has dried completely, the workers soak the peppercorn berry in water for 10 days.
- After the 10-day time has lapsed, the outer hull is ready to be removed.
- Workers work extra for the extraction of the white peppercorn.
- This is also why; the white peppercorn is more expensive than the black peppercorn.
- Varieties of dishes use white peppercorn as the main ingredient.
List of Top 10 White Pepper Powders in India Buyers Guide
1. Everest Powder Pepper 100g Carton:
It is a vegetarian white-pepper product, which is scientifically graded and hygienically packed.
- The white pepper has a good quality.
- Manufacturers ensure that packaging is hygienic.
- Manufacturers have not used artificial colours or additives.
- Users have complained that the product did not add pungency to the dish.
2. Naturevibe Botanicals Organic White Pepper Powder 150g:
It is an organic white-pepper powder seasoning. It comes packed in a bottle, which preserves its freshness.
- It gives a tangy and spicy flavour to the dish.
- The bottle offers anti-oxidant properties, which are full of health benefits.
- It is sourced from the best farms.
- Users have complained that the product has a bad smell.
3. Seeds and Hands Wayanad White Pepper Powder (60g):
It is 100% natural and pure white pepper. It is a product, packed with authentic Indian white peppers.
- These are finely ground, which brings a delicious taste to dishes.
- They are pesticide-free, meeting all international standards.
- It has a superior mild flavour.
- It is an overpriced product on the market.
4. Geo-Fresh Organic White Pepper Powder 55g – USDA Certified:
It is manufactured with supreme and best-quality material. It has a high-quality taste and aroma, which enhances the taste of the dish.
- It is 100% safe for children.
- The white pepper has a uniquely flavorful taste.
- It comes packed in a tight jar, which is easy to store.
- Users have complained that the Company does not offer good customer care support.
5. Organic Purify White Pepper Powder | Best-Quality Product:
It is a premium-quality pepper powder. It is made of high-quality ingredients. No compromise has been made on its quality.
- The package has health-friendly properties.
- It is a preferred ingredient in all types of cuisine.
- This has enhanced smell and taste.
- Users have complained that its taste is sharper.
6. Chounk White Pepper Powder (Safed Mirch Powder), 100g:
It had been made for adding a little spice to the dish. It is the perfect white pepper for Chinese and Thai cuisine.
- This adds an earthly smell to the dish.
- It has no preservatives and unnatural ingredients.
- The manufacturers have sourced the white pepper from the best farms in India.
- Users have said that it is too light in its taste.
7. MDH White Pepper Powder 100g:
MDH is a well-renowned and established manufacturing Company of spices. It has offered another amazing white pepper product, manufactured with modern tools and machines.
- The pepper is the best ingredient for usage in North India’s wintry cuisines.
- It gives extra pungency and warmth to the dishes.
- The MDH extracts the best-quality pepper seeds and uses them in the manufacturing of this product.
- Users have said that it is a tasteless product.
8. Urban Platter Organic White Pepper Powder USDA Certified:
Packed in a glass or bottle, it is a steam-sterilized white pepper. When it is used in light-coloured dishes, it brings out the finest white colour on the platter.
- This has a delicate flavour of white pepper.
- It is the best source of minerals and vitamins.
- Also, it is a 100% organic product.
- It is more expensive than the others listed here.
9. Fresh&Real White Pepper Powder, 100g:
Fresh&Real has offered top-quality white pepper products. It comes in an easy-to-use and easy-to-store container.
- The product is naturally made.
- It is tested in the laboratory for safety concerns.
- Fresh&Real has manufactured a vegetarian product.
- Users have said that it has a plain taste.
10. Cent Percent white Pepper Powder, 100 Grams:
It is a top-quality box of white pepper. It is the perfect ingredient to be used in Chinese, Turkish, Indian, American, Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese cuisine.
- The manufacturer sourced it from Malabar, India.
- The product is manufactured at the ISO-certified unit.
- It has a unique and tasty flavour.
- Users have said that the product does not contain good-quality white pepper.
White pepper powder offers a great many health benefits. It uses the inner seeds of the black peppercorn. White peppercorn harvesting involves greater risk. This is why; the white peppercorn has a greater, sharper, and hotter taste than black pepper.
The white pepper is a popular ingredient, used worldwide in different kinds of dishes such as soups, stews, marinades, pies as well as fruits.
What is white pepper powder?
The inner dried seed of the black peppercorn is the main ingredient of the white pepper powder.
What is white pepper powder used for?
There are many famous dishes whose main ingredient is white pepper powder. In Indian Cuisine, creamy chicken, white chicken, white kebab, soups, marinades, etc. have It as the main ingredient.
What is the difference between white and black pepper?
Black and white pepper come from the same plant. They are different from each other due to their processing methods.
The black peppercorn is sun-dried, whereas the white pepper has the outer skin removed after the peppercorns are ripe fully. Thus, the taste and flavour of both products are different and unique from each other.
Why is white pepper so expensive?
The white pepper is more expensive because its manufacturing process is complex and long.