A waterproof watch is one that can submerge in water without suffering any harm. This means that you can wear a watch that is waterproof in wet weather, without worrying about its ruin. You can even wear such a watch while swimming and it will suffer no harm. If you do a job that entails handling water, you can keep on working without having to remove the watch.
Like all other watches, these ones serve the primary purpose of telling the wearer what the time is. Over and above that, these watches are also used to make fashion statements. That is because they tend to be stylish. And some of them can connect to smartphones. That is for functions like physical activity monitoring, heart rate monitoring, playing music… and so on. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Smart Bands, Swimming Goggles, Digital watches in India.
Top 10 Best Waterproof Watches in India
Features of Waterproof Watch
- Most waterproof watches come with both digital and analog displays.
- But there are some that have either digital display only or analog display only.
- The battery type is another important feature in waterproof watches.
- There are those that draw power from rechargeable batteries.
- There are others in which the batteries require replacement upon depletion.
- Accuracy is yet another key feature in a waterproof watch.
- Dial/case size and shape influence the watch’s aesthetic appeal.
- The strap plays a role in determining the watch’s aesthetic appeal.
- The strap may also have a role in things like heart rate and physical activity monitoring.
- That is for watches with such monitoring capabilities.
Types of Waterproof Watches
- There are civilian-style waterproof watches.
- Then there are military-type waterproof watches.
- There are waterproof watches that connect to smartphone apps.
- Then there are others that are incapable of connecting to smartphone apps.
- We have waterproof watches that draw power from rechargeable batteries.
- We also have others that draw power from non-rechargeable batteries.
- There are analog display waterproof watches.
- Then there are digital display waterproof watches.
- We also have others that come with dual analog-digital displays.
How to use a Waterproof Watch?
- First of all, you need to adjust your waterproof watch, to ensure that it is showing the right time.
- That is of course unless the watch has the capability to detect the time by itself.
- Wearing the watch entails putting it on your wrist, then tightening the band or strap to get the right fit.
- Once you have the right fit, you close the buckle mechanism. (Or you close whichever other mechanism is in place for closing the band).
- If the watch connects to a smartphone app, you can proceed to synchronize it.
- Subsequently, you would be able to play music, monitor your physical activity, and do other things using the watch.
- While these watches have waterproof capabilities, they come with an instruction that you shouldn’t press any button while in water.
- If you do so, you can cause short circuits and mess the watches up.
Buying guide for Waterproof Watch
- The most important thing is to ensure that the watch you buy has actual waterproofing capability.
- You have to understand that ‘waterproof’ means a different thing from ‘water resistant’.
- If you want a real waterproof watch, go for one that can fully submerge in water without ruin.
- Check the design of the watch to ensure that it is aesthetically appealing.
- Remember, whereas a watch is a small device, it is very noticeable when worn.
- Consider other features that the watch has, including compatibility with smartphone apps, physical activity monitoring, and so on.
- Only go for a watch that has features you actually need.
- Otherwise, you will end up paying more for features you don’t actually need/use.
- Ideally, go for a waterproof watch that has some sort of warranty.
List of Top 10 Best Waterproof Watches in India-Buyers Guide
1. Mi Smart Band Water Resistant Watch Faces
It is compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems’ devices. Suitable for use in controlling music, sleep monitoring and even swimming speed tracking.
- The battery can last up to 20 days
- Works with apps on both iOS and Android-powered smartphones
- Has a stylish appearance
- The price is quite high
- Full brightness setting may be too bright indoors
2. TIME WEAR Digital (Men’s) Watch
This watch has an assertive masculine look. It comes with both digital and analog displays.
- The watch has great accuracy consistently
- It is very noticeable upon wearing
- The band material is silicone
- The analog lever may at times be hard to operate
- Some may find radius so big that it can be ‘intimidating’
3. SKMEI Analog-Digital Men’s Watch
Waterproof up to 50m (164 ft). Shows time on both digital and analog formats.
- The watch is elegant
- The analog dial is easy to read
- Price is low for a genuinely waterproof watch
- Warranty is only 6 months
- Some may find the watch’s LED backlight slightly underwhelming
4. Shoptoshop SM3 Smart Band Watch with Waterproof Body
This is a most ideal watch for physical fitness enthusiasts. It comes with only a digital display.
- The price is within the affordable range for most people
- Has steps counter, calorie watch, and heart rate monitoring features
- Battery lasts reasonably long
- Doesn’t have an analog dial
- The screen is somewhat delicate
5. HUG PUPPY Smart Band Fitness Tracker Watch with Water Resistant Body
Suitable for wearing by both men and women. Comes with an LED touchscreen.
- The appearance is sleek
- Connects to Android devices wirelessly
- Price is low given the watch’s features
- Some may find battery life wanting
- It only has a digital display (no analog)
6. SF Digital Grey Dial (Men’s) Watch
This is a simple-looking yet quite powerful watch. Comes with an easy-to-read digital display.
- Watch has high accuracy
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters
- Comes with a 24-month warranty
- The band material is plastic
- Doesn’t have advanced tracking features
7. Sounce for Apple Watch
What you get here is an iWatch holder that is waterproof. The material is PW leather.
- Comes with great flexibility
- It has considerable elegance
- Also protects iWatch from bumps and scratches
- Price is quite high for a watch holder
- Cleaning routine can be time-consuming
8. Squaircle D116 Waterproof SmartWatch for Men and Women
This is a modern, stylish-looking smart-watch. It is unisex.
- Connects with other devices seamlessly via Bluetooth
- It has great aesthetic appeal
- Its music player feature has the noise-canceling capability
- Price is quite high
- It uses battery power fast
9. Acnos Brand Waterproof Digital Sports Watch
One of the lowest cost waterproof watches. Most ideal for men (and kids).
- Price is within almost anybody’s reach
- The watch has a solid masculine look
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- The band material is stainless steel (which some may find slightly uncomfortable)
- Dials for adjusting time and data may initially be hard to operate
10. V2A Analog Digital Waterproof Sports Watch
This is a premium quality sports watch, with great visibility and elegance. It is masculine and thus ideal for men.
- Can support a couple of different time zones at the same time
- The glass mirror on this watch is quite hardy
- The wrist band is soft and sturdy at the same time
- The cost is considerable
- Some may find the dial too conspicuously big
With a waterproof watch, you can go out in wet conditions without worrying about ruining your timepiece. The information in this guide can help you to make better waterproof watch purchase decisions.
What are the best waterproof watches?
The best waterproof watches are those that are accurate, elegant, and durable.
Can you shower with a water-resistant watch?
Ideally, you shouldn’t. But with a waterproof watch, you can shower or even swim. (Waterproof and water-resistant are somewhat different).
What is the price of waterproof watches?
It ranges from 300 to 2,900 rupees depending on features.