What is the difference between a water-resistant and waterproof jacket? Most water-resistant jackets are made from plastic and can allow small droplets of water in. They are not suitable for hiking or doing vigorous sports. But, waterproof jackets are complete barriers to rain and snow. Waterproof jackets have a fabric that does not allow any water through. They also have taped seams that keep the body warm and prevent water from going through the seams. And yes, waterproof jackets are available for all gender and ages.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Sports Jackets, Biker Jackets, winter jackets, winter jackets for boys, winter jackets for Girls, Half Jackets, Puma Jackets, sports jackets, sweaters for Men, Sweaters for women, sweatshirts for women, sweatshirts for men, cardigans for Men, Cardigan for women, winter gloves, winter bedsheets, stockings for winter, winter slippers, winter nightsuits, winter creams, winter shoes, winter caps for women, winter blankets, Woolen tops for Girls, Tracksuit for boys, in India.
Top 8 Best Waterproof Jackets in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Waterproof Jacket
- They regulate temperature. They have a fabric that keeps you warm and keeps water from passing through.
- The availability of pockets. Pockets are good for storing small objects for easy access and also to keep your hands warm.
- The level of breathability. A good waterproof jacket should be breathable to allow sweat out. Still, it allows in some moisture to cool the body.
- The level of comfortability and presence of drawcords. A waterproof jacket with draw cords makes the jacket fit properly and aids comfort.
Types of Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof coating jackets are coated with a water repellent that makes them waterproof.
- When there is rain, water beads form on the surface of the jacket.
- The advantage of these jackets is that they are less expensive. But, they have less breathability and they need regular re-proofing.
- The second type is the waterproof membrane jacket.
- The common membrane used for waterproof jackets is GORE-TEX. This jacket has a thin layer of tiny pores that allow moisture out but keep water droplets away.
- The best thing about this kind of jacket is its level of breathability.
How To Wear Waterproof Jacket?
- You wear waterproof jackets when there is rain or snow. Thus, it is appropriate for you to layer it.
- The base layer is warm and lightweight clothing. This layer is for controlling body temperature and keeps away moisture from the skin.
- The next is a mid-layer. This involves a jacket that will trap warmth produced by the body. A fleece jacket is a good example.
- Then finally the outer layer which is the waterproof jacket.
Buying Guide for Waterproof Jacket
- Why do you need a waterproof jacket? Are you going hiking in the mountains, or are you going to the grocery store? All these are factors to consider before buying a waterproof jacket. Buy a jacket that will fulfill your need.
- Another factor to consider is the comfort of the jacket and how breathable it is. To know all these, you must try out the jacket. Jump, twist your body, and raise your hands to see how you feel in it.
- Other factors to consider are hoods, draw cords, and pockets. Also, consider the price of the jacket. Does it fall under your budget? After knowing that, you can now buy your jacket.
List of Top 8 Best Waterproof Jackets in India-Buyers Guide
1. Jacket 4 Bikes Men’s Pro Mesh Rain Waterproof Jacket
This first jacket is for motorcyclists. It is lightweight with abrasion-resistant features.
- It has external pockets for storage.
- It has a removable waterproof lining.
- This jacket also has reflective tape to boost visibility at night.
- Some customers complain about the wrong sizes. They receive small jackets.
- The waterproof lining is not GORE-TEX. Thus, the jacket’s breathability is low.
2. Divine Full-Length Raincoat For Women
Divine’s waterproof jacket has a Columbiana style with a beautiful waist belt. The jacket is long and comes with an attached hood.
- The Divine seams are sealed to prevent any water droplets from going through.
- It comes with large pockets for storage.
- The jacket is not only stylish but also breathable.
- It is inappropriate to use on bicycles or motorcycles.
- The length is not full for some clients.
3. WD Motorsports Vegas
This is an all-season waterproof jacket for men. It comes with a reflective logo and has a breathable lining.
- WD packages safety guidelines for the jacket.
- The jackets have elbow, neck, and shoulder pads for protection.
- WD jackets are safe and affordable.
- The sizes are unfit for some customers. The sizes are often small for the buyers.
- Other buyers complain that the elbow pads move around a lot.
4. V MOBITE Men Women Waterproof Jacket
This fourth jacket is unisex and comes with a pair of pants. It also has an adjustable hood.
- The jacket is lightweight and perfect for saving space.
- It is protective as well as stylish.
- You can breathe nicely in this jacket.
- Many clients say the sizes are small.
- The material is not abrasion-resistant. It tears when in contact with a sharp object.
5. Nomkler Sleeveless Waterproof Jacket
Nomkler men’s sleeveless jackets come with a hoody. You can wear this jacket on many occasions.
- It is fit for winter, spring, autumn, and summer.
- The jacket is lightweight. It is easy to carry around, pack, and store.
- You can wear it from any side.
- The brand does not offer a size chart.
- The jacket does not come with protective pads.
6. Bhagwati Store Waterproof Jacket
This sixth jacket is fit for both men and women. It is 100% waterproof and comes with a hood.
- They come with elastic waist pants. The elastic waist secures the pants.
- The drawcord hood secures the jacket.
- Its seams are sealed to prevent any moisture from entering the jacket.
- Most customers say the fabric has poor quality.
- Others complain that the stitches are weak.
7. Tubination Rain Suit Waterproof Jacket
Tubination waterproof jacket is long sleeved and only for females. It comes with a pair of pants and a hood.
- It requires little to no maintenance. It is easy to clean and store.
- It also comes with safety guidelines.
- The jacket has a breathable lining.
- The pants may be inappropriate if you have a skirt on.
- It is prone to tear and wear.
8. RAB Kangri GTX Waterproof Jacket
RAB jackets have GORE-TEX 3layers. It has an internal storm flap with reflective branding around the chest and the back.
- It has a hoodie to keep the head warm.
- The collar has a fleece lining which increases comfort.
- This jacket has hand pockets and an internal zipped pocket. This internal pocket is great for protecting essential goods.
- Although the jacket has many incredible features, it is expensive for most buyers.
- The GORE-TEX’s performance reduces slowly over time.
Waterproof jackets are for wearing in rainy or snowy weather. A good waterproof jacket gives you comfort as you go on with your activities. They are great to wear when hiking in mountains or walking in the woods. There are many waterproof jackets in India. Some have low-quality jackets. The above brands are one of the best in India. I hope you find this guide helpful. Happy waterproof jacket shopping.
What is the best waterproof jacket?
A waterproof jacket with a GORE-TEX membrane is the best jacket. It does not allow any water in. Also, a waterproof jacket that is within your budget and fulfills your needs, is the best jacket for you.
Are jackets really waterproof?
Yes, there are waterproof jackets. There are those with a membrane and others that are coated with a water repellent.
What is the price of the water jacket?
A waterproof jacket in India ranges from 300-to 500 Rupees.