Water is a necessity for life. Clean and pure water is paramount to human health. However, there are many different types of dissolved impurities and heavy metals in water which can pose threats to your health. Viruses and bacteria can also degrade the water quality drastically and make it unfit for human consumption. Drinking such water can lead to many waterborne diseases. Hence, a water purifier is an essential appliance to have in your kitchen. Also, know how to measure water quality & how to test the water using a water testing Kit.
There are many different types of water purifiers available in the Indian market. It can become a daunting task for the average consumer to decide the best water purifiers for them due to the use of different types of complex technologies and varying features. The current article discusses the best water purifier in India and details their features and effectiveness, which will help you to buy the topwater purifiers for yourself.
11 Best Water Purifiers In India
1. Eureka ForbesAquasure Smart Plus 6-Liters RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier
This Eureka Forbes water purifier has a capacity of 6 liters and is suitable for purifying water from all types of sources like tap water, borewells, and tankers.
- Eureka Forbes is one of the best water purifiers in India that comes with an advanced 6-stage RO+UV+MTDS purification process.
- It features a TDS (total dissolved solids) controller for adjusting the taste of water depending upon its source.
- Eureka Forbes water purifier has a chemi block with an in-built particle trap filter to remove any bad odor and dissolved organic pollutants in the water.
- The RO membrane is ideal for removing TDS, water hardness, and any heavy metals like arsenic and lead from water.
- It comes with a membrane life enhancer that helps to prevent scaling of dissolved salts like magnesium and calcium.
- The taste enhancer replenishes the mineral which may have been lost from the water during the RO filtration process.
- This water cleanser machine also has UV filtration to remove bacteria and viruses from the RO filtered and purified water.
- The RO cartridge has a lifespan of 6000 liters of purification. The storage capacity of 6 liters may be insufficient for some users.
2. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
This water purifier from Eureka Forbes is an electric UV technology-based water purifier without any storage.
- Eureka Forbes water purifier is a perfect purifier in places where there are low levels of TDS in water.
- It comes with E-boiling technology which kills germs and other pollutants in the water, making it safe for you to drink.
- Eureka Forbes Aquaguard water purifier comes with a mineral guard feature producing high-frequency ripples that make the water activities. This prevents the deposition of minerals like magnesium and calcium.
- This purifier also has an advanced electronic monitoring system, which scans the water and shuts the appliance in case of any problem with it.
- The backflush system removes the stagnated water and ensures that the filters are kept clean.
- The flip side of buying this H2O purifier is that it cannot purify heavy metals in water like arsenic, mercury, and lead. Hence, it is not suitable for purifying groundwater.
- It also does not work without electricity which can be a limitation for locations with unreliable electricity supply.
3. Kent Ace Mineral 7-Liter RO+UV+UF H2O Purifier
The Kent Ace Mineral is one of the most popular and bestselling water purifiers in India.
- It has 6-stage water purification system which uses UV+RO+UF purification and is thus perfect for purifying water from any source- municipal water, borewells, lakes, rivers, etc.
- The filtration system can easily remove harsh chemicals, dissolved impurities, heavy metals, sediments, and microbes giving you pure water.
- It has 7-liters of storage capacity.
- Kent water purifier purifies water fast and can purify 15 liters of water per hour.
- The built-in TDS controller ensures that all essential minerals are available in the purified water.
- It also features built-in SMPS for protecting against voltage fluctuations, filter change indicator, and UV fail alarm.
4. Kent Grand Plus RO+UV+UF with TDS Water Purifier
The Kent Grand Plus water purifier comes with an 8-liter capacity and boasts of features which make it perfect for Indian homes.
- It has a 7-stage purification system which uses RO+UV+UF with TDS controller. The TDS controller ensures the presence of vital minerals in the purified water.
- It can purify water with TDS as high as 2000 ppm.
- The Kent water purifier can purify water from all types of sources like borewell, municipal water, tanker, etc.
- The Kent purifier can purify up to 20 liters of water per hour.
- Most H2O purifiers waste a lot of water, but this water cleanser machine from Kent uses Save Water Technology, which can recover more than 50% water.
- The water cleanser has a solid build quality and is made from ABS food-grade plastic.
- It has filter change alerts and UV failure alarm which keeps you abreast of any problems and changes needed to the purifier.
5. LivpureGlo 7-Liter RO+UV+ Mineralizer Water Purifier
Livpure Glo is a good all-round water purifier designed for quality performance. It is one of the water purifier in India for a medium-sized family.
- It has dual purification system using RO and UV purification.
- LivpureGlo water purifier has a 6-stage filtration system consisting of sediment filter, pre-activated carbon filter, RO membrane, UV disinfection chamber, silver impregnated post activated carbon filter, and mineralizer.
- Livpure Glo purifier can remove dissolved and suspended impurities in the water and also add necessary minerals to the water and balances the pH level by using the mineralizer feature.
- The total storage capacity is 7 liters and it can purify up to 12 liters of water per hour.
- It is ideal for purifying water with TDS levels of up to 1500 ppm.
- This model does not come with a filter change alarm which is a drawback.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
6. HUL Pureit Classic RO+UV Water Purifying machine
The HUL Pureit Classic water purifier provides you both the RO and UV water purification systems.
- This HUL water purifier is made from high-quality plastic and is very compact. Hence, it takes lesser space and is perfect for small kitchens.
- It has 5-liter storage capacity and is budget-friendly, which makes it ideal for small Indian families on a tight budget.
- It comes with a 6-stage purification system that gives you pure and clean water.
- HUL RO + UV Water purifier is able to remove all dissolved solids and removes all organic and inorganic impurities from water.
- It is ideal for purification of water with TDS levels of as high as 1800 ppm.
- It also features a post-RO carbon filter which helps to clean water for chlorine, dust, and other impurities.
- This H2O purifier is available for Rs 8,489, which makes it one of the most affordable water purifiers in the Indian market.
7. Bluestar Majesto 8-Liter RO+UV Purifier
Bluestar Majesto water purifier comes with a 6-stage filtration system. The other key features of this water purifying machine include:
- It is made from food-grade plastic and has an 8-liter storage tank.
- The Blue star majesto water purifier has been designed aerodynamically, allowing you to either opt for the traditional wall mount installation or it can be placed on the countertop also.
- It comes with a child lock feature which prevents water wastage.
- It has a pre-filter that is useful for trapping large impurities in the water.
- The pre-activated carbon filter helps to remove volatile organic compounds.
- The post-activated carbon filter along with the Aqua Taste Booster improves the taste of purified water and makes it perfect for drinking.
- It comes with sediment filter and RO membrane which purifies the water for dissolved contaminants and heavy metals.
- The UV filtration system gets rid of any harmful microbes in the water.
- This purifier comes with a 1-year warranty
8. Bluestar Aristo RO+UV Purifier
The Bluestar Aristo water purifier features both RO and UV filtration system.
- It has good build quality and features a 7-liter water storage tank.
- Bluestar water purifier is the old purifier in India that has 6-stage water purification systems using both RO and UV purification processes. The 6-stage purification systems include pre-filter, pre-activated carbon filter, sediment filter, RO membrane, post-activated carbon filter, and UV lamp.
- It can purify up to 12 liters of water per hour.
- It comes with the unique Aqua Taste Booster technology, which improves the taste of water after purification.
- Bluestar RO + UV purifier also comes with the child lock feature, which helps to save water.
- It is designed with the customer in mind and comes with purification on and full tank indicators. It also has alerts for UV failure and low water pressure.
- The Bluestar Aristo purifier comes with a 1-year warranty
9. AO Smith Z8 Water Purifier machine
AO Smith is a well-known international brand for water purifying machines. Z8 purifiers are one of the top water purifiers in India.
- It is made of high-quality food-grade plastic and has a storage tank capacity of 10 liters.
- It makes use of the patented Advanced Water Recovery Technology, which saves twice the water compared to a regular purifier. This AO smith water purifier has one of the highest recovery rates of 100%.
- RO+SCMT technology removes harmful contaminants and heavy metals from the water.
- The mineralizer adds essential minerals back to the water which has been lost during the purification process.
- This model also comes with a hot water dispenser which can provide water at 45-80 degrees easily.
- It comes in different attractive colors to match your kitchen interiors.
- It has a 1-year warranty The higher pricing is due to the presence of innovative and exclusive features provided.
10. Hindware Elara Mineral H2O Purifier
This water purifier from Hindware features clean and compact design elements and comes with the 7-stage purification system.
- It has a 7-liter storage tank and purifies up to 12 liters of water per hour.
- Hindware water purifier comes with a detachable front cover that is unique and makes maintenance and servicing of the purifier easier.
- It has RO+UV+UF purification systems and comes with mineral fortification technology, which adds back necessary minerals to the water. This also maintains the pH level of water and improves its taste.
- This Hindware purifier can be used for purifying water with high levels of TDS up to 1800 ppm. This makes it suitable for purifying water from any source.
- It has indicators for power on, a tank full, and purification system.
- This model from Hindware comes with a 1-year warranty
11. LG Puricare RO+UV+UF+ Mineral Booster Water Purifying machine
The LG Puricare water purifier is a premium and innovative.
- It uses a stainless steel water storage tank instead of the plastic used by other water cleansers. A stainless steel tank helps to prevent algae growth.
- It has a 5-stage purification system consisting of external sediment filter, internal sediment filter, pre-activated carbon filter, RO membrane layer, and post-activated carbon filter.
- It has mineral booster which adds essential mineral back to the purified water which may have been lost during the purification process.
- An additional valve provided on the side of the water filter which allows you to wash fruits and vegetables with sterilized water directly.
12. Havells Max RO+UV Water Purifier
The Havells Max water purifier is an excellent performer. This is one of the water purifiers in India comes with the following features:
- It has a 7-stage purification system which uses RO and UV purification.
- It has an 8-liter water storage capacity and can purify up to 15 liters of water per hour.
- The Havells water purifier is perfect for treating and purifying water from all types of sources.
- Havells purifier comes with a mineral cartridge that adds all essential minerals to the water and also with revitalizer cartridge which improves the hydration and mineral absorption for making water healthier.
- It provides protection against voltage fluctuation which is common in Indian households. It operates in the voltage range of 170-330 V and automatically shuts down if the voltage exceeds or drops below this range.
- The water cleansing machine has alerts for the purification process, a tank full, low water pressure, errors for UV and RO, and pump failure.