Dried fruits and nuts are among the healthiest snacks available to us today. High in proteins and minerals, these snacks are good for the whole family. Walnuts specifically, are full of many healthy fats that you need for your body to function at its best.
Usually, you would buy them in a grocery store so how do you know which are the best to get online? Well, there is a lot you have to look at and consider before spending your hard-earned money on walnuts you find online. Also, check the buyer’s guide to buying the best Black Raisins, Black Cardamom, Cardamom, Elaichi or Green Cardamom, Khus Khus, Cardamom Powder, Pepper Powder, Dry coconut, Cocoa Powder, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, mulethi powder, mulethi sticks, ginger powder, Dalchini Powder, Eliachi Powder, Dalchini sticks, Cloves, Elaichi, Peppercorns, Black Peppercorns, Cumin powder, masala tea powders, Amla Juice, Giloy Juice, Triphala Churna, Tulsi Drops, Aloe Vera Juice, Mishri, Ginger Powder, Anjeer, Badam, Mamra Badam, Dry dates, coconut powder, Kishmish, Pista, and Long Peppercorns in India.
For that reason, we have compiled this amazing top 10 list and buyers guide, to make shopping for walnuts easier than you can imagine. There are many different variations of them, so you need to choose for yourself.
Top 10 Best Walnut Dryfruit in India
Buyers Guide – Walnut
Luckily, when shopping for walnuts online, there is not that much you need to look at. You need to know what you want as in whole nuts that are shelled or crushed or even walnut oil.
That is dependent on you and what you are planning on using them for.
- In most cases, nuts that are still in the shell will last much longer and are also the cheaper option.
- You also need to be aware of nuts that have been processed, because they can go bad faster.
- Besides their shelf-life, processed nuts do not have all of the good and healthy vitamins that you find in fresh ones.
- It is a good idea to buy in bulk if you come across a sale because you can put excess nuts in the freezer.
- They need to be stored in a container that is air-tight because they can spoil quickly, so keep that in mind when you buy some.
- You will also need to look at your budget and what you are willing to spend on walnuts.
- If you have a higher budget, you can either purchase higher quality nuts or you could purchase lower quality ones in bulk.
- Walnut price ranges from 1300 to 1800 Rs per Kilogram.
Features of Walnuts
These nuts have many different health benefits including that they might play a part in decreasing inflammation. Try the on top of ice cream or even as a snack when you’re running late.
- Certain chemicals in your body work to prevent inflammatory diseases if you eat them enough that is.
- Walnuts have a higher antioxidant concentration than other nuts out there which is a good way to keep your body cells healthy.
- There is research that shows these nuts are a good way to keep your brain healthy.
- Some of the fats and chemicals in the nuts act as anti-inflammatories on your brain to prevent illness.
- Besides their health benefits, they are very delicious, and you can use them in food in a variety of ways.
Types of Walnuts
Walnuts can be prepared in many different ways. In production today, they come in many different shapes and forms.
The 3 most commonly found are:
English or Persian Walnuts
- These are the most commonly eaten in most parts of the world.
- They are usually roasted and used in a lot of different recipes.
- These are not as common as the first type.
- They have a sharper taste and smell which can sometimes be used instead of English nuts.
White or Butternut Walnuts
- These are the rarest type you can come across and are endangered.
- Also, these have a rather sweet and oilier flavour than the others.
Uses of Walnut
- There are so many different ways you can use walnuts that it is difficult to mention all of them.
- The most obvious and common way is to just eat them whole as a snack.
- Some people prefer it when they are raw, and others want them to be roasted or salted before being consumed.
- Other ways of eating walnuts are by chopping them up and using them as a dessert topping or a meal topping in general.
- You can use them to make healthy homemade muesli if that is what you are into.
- You can even make walnut oil if you find the right instructions online.
- Walnut oil has many different uses and it is a healthier alternative to regular cooking oil.
- With all of the health benefits walnuts hold, they should be a staple in everyone’s diet.
List of Top 10 Quality Walnut Dryfruits in India Buyers Guide
1. Tulsi California Walnut Kernels Premium:
With 200g of fresh nuts, you can’t go wrong with this product. The pieces are big and delicious, and it comes at a great price. The Walnut price ranges between 300 to 500 Rs for 200 gms
- Big pieces
- Raw and ready to eat
- Contains added preservatives
2. GO Organic Light Broken Walnuts:
This product comes with 4 boxes giving you a total of 1kg of nuts without the shell. They are also fresh and ready for eating.
- 1kg of vacuum-packed, fresh nuts
- Broken pieces
3. Fruitri Kashmiri Walnut Without Shell:
1kg of walnuts is just the right amount to keep you healthy for weeks. They come fresh and raw and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Comes vacuum packed
- Large amount in the bag
- Come in pieces
4. Nutraj Signature California Walnuts:
With a pack of two 1kg bags, these shelled nuts will keep you set for weeks. The fact that they are in their shells means that they will last longer.
- Comes in the shell
- Two 1kg bags
- Shells may be cracked
5. SFT Walnut Kernels:
This product comes with 1kg of broken walnuts that are ready for consumption straight out of the bag. You can use them for other recipes as well.
- 1kg bag
- Organic nuts
- They come broken
6. Go Organic Light Broken Walnut Kernels:
These crispy nuts come in two 250g packs and can be eaten just like that or added to dishes. They are broken and without a shell.
- Ready to eat
- Not whole
7. Happilo Premium 100% Natural Californian Walnuts:
A 500g pack of nuts in the shell is what awaits you when you order this great product. It is natural and super-tasty, perfect for various meals and snacks. The walnut price ranges between 300 to 500Rs for 250 gms.
- In-shell nuts
- 100% natural
- Shells can be cracked
8. Naturoz California Walnut Kernels:
This processed product comes in 200g bags and should be stored in a cool and dry area. They are soft and taste delicious.
- Soft and ready to eat
- 6-month shelf life
- Might not be 100% fresh
9. Nuttizz California Jumpo Walnuts Inshell:
1kg of these in-shell nuts will have you set for a long time. With a longer shelf life than open nuts, you can order in bulk.
- Comes in a 1kg bag
- Long shelf life
- The shells might be cracked
10. Nutty Gritties California Walnut Kernels:
Flavourful and fresh, these nuts come in 200g packages. They are crunchy and great for a quick snack or baked goods.
- Ready for consumption
- 100% natural
- Comes broken
Overall, these nuts are a healthy snack and you can eat them every day. They are tasty and crunchy making them good for many different occasions. Make sure that you don’t eat too many and try them in different dishes, you never know what recipe you might discover. The Walnut price always depends on the quality.
Are walnuts dry fruits?
No, walnuts are nuts and not fruits. Dry fruits are fruits that have had all of the liquids removed from them and nuts are just nuts.
How many walnuts should you eat in a day?
We recommend that you eat about 7 shelled whole walnuts a day. Eating too many can have mild side effects such as loosening of your stool or bloating.
Which Akhrot is best?
The best ones out there are fresh and shelled because they still contain all of the healthy nutrients that are best for your health.
What happens if you eat walnuts every day?
Eating them every day can promote the health of your digestive system. It can increase the number of bacteria, that are beneficial, in your gut which leads to better digestive health.
Are walnuts good for your brain?
Besides the fact that they look like brains, they are very good for your brain health as well. They contain a fatty acid that has been proven to improve the performance of adult brains. They also prevent age-related declines in brain function.
What is the Walnut Price?
The walnut price in India ranges from 1300 to 1800 Rs per Kg.