Wall mixers are units attached to the walls of bathrooms in households that allow easy control of hot and cold water through knobs and spouts. They allow water from both hot and cold sources to flow separately or mixed out of the spout. They can be installed in bathrooms or even basins to allow for a wonderful and compact-looking tap with an efficient, and effective mode of multi-temperature water control.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Water Taps, sink Mixers, Jaquar Taps, Hindware Taps, Bathroom Showers, Washbasins, Cera Washbasins, sintex water tanks, 100 litres water tanks, HDPE Pipes, CPVC Pipes, uPVC Pipes, Hose pipes, Drip Irrigation Kits, water pipes, Conduit Pipe, Steel Pipes, Copper pipes, Jaquar Taps, Instant water heaters, Hindware taps, Kitchen Sinks, Cera Wash Basins, Parryware Wash Basins, Jaquar Washbasins, Wash Basins, Table Top Washbasins, Nylon ropes, Hand Showers, Shower for Bathrooms, Flush Tanks, Western Toilet Seats, Jaquar Geysers, Bajaj Geysers, Havells Geysers, Racold Geysers, Gas Geysers, Crompton Geysers, Solar water heaters, V Guard Geysers, 500 Liters Water Tanks, Plastic Water Tanks, Supreme Water Tanks, Sintex Water Tanks, 1000 Liters Water Tanks, Septic Tank Cleaners, Western Toilet Closets in India
Top 10 Best Wall Mixer Taps in India-Buyers guide
Features of Wall Mixer Tap
- The Wall mixer has to be compatible with the water supply pipes or sources already present at the location. This allows drawing from the two sources of water (hot from a heater or boiler and cold from a direct source) to be combined and connected effectively.
- To avoid corrosion or rust, all parts of the unit are either made from durable materials or coated using electroplating for longer-lasting efficient performance.
Types of Wall Mixer Tap
- Wall mixers come in two general forms;
- 2-in-1: This is a package that includes an overhead shower, a control knob-spout unit for water (hot and cold) control
- 3-in-1: This package includes an overhead shower, a control knob-spout unit, and a hand
- Shower extension.
- Individual parts may differ like the type of knobs used (full turn knobs fitted with vicars or quarter-turn knobs fitted with cartridges) for easier use.
How to use Wall Mixer Tap
- A 2-in-1 wall mixer comes with three knobs and a spout. The side knobs control hot and cold water flow, but if turned at the same time, release a mix of both.
- The middle knobs direct the water to the showerhead above. While the spout releases it out the tap.
- In a 3-in-1 system, an additional knob placed before the spout redirects water to the hand shower via flexible pipes.
Buyer’s guide for Wall Mixer Tap
- The type of mixer needed dictates the first step. The decision to get either a 2-in-1 or a 3-in-1 package is determined by the user’s need or the necessity of a hand shower.
- The durability of the parts used depends on if they are made of chrome, nickel, titanium plating, stainless steel, or carbon. So this directly affects the rate of corrosion, thus the decision for the type of mixer.
List of Top 10 Best Wall Mixer Taps in India-Buyers Guide
1. CERA Steel Garnet Wall Mixer
Stainless steel materials with chromium plating, quarter-turn valves for easy water selection and release control, and unique finishings. It requires no batteries, electricity, or complicated plumbing instructions for a complete fit and work service.
- Easy to use and install
- Highly durable due to its sturdy construction
- Easily affordable
- The small size of the product can be problematic.
- Some parts are of low quality and are highly susceptible to damage during and after installation.
2. ALTON Brass Wall Mixer
ALTRON brass wall Mixer comes with a bright mirror-like sheen technology that emboldens the look of the bathroom. It includes a 125mm long bend pipe with a chrome finish for easy installation. And an overhead shower and hand shower provision for optimum use and feel.
- Bold, bright, mirror sheen look that enhances the beauty of the bathroom
- Very light in weight and feel due to materials used.
- Smooth operation with little felt resistance when using
- Requires professional plumber for installation
- Does not provide proper water pressure
3. KOHLER Toobi Bath and Shower Wall Mixer
KOHLER Toobi has sleek control valves on a compact wall mixer and an exposed, easily replaceable wall system. Their Innovative system comes with a scald-proof glass surface for storing easy-to-access bathroom items.
- Compact feel and long-lasting beautiful look
- Glass top storage area for easy-to-reach accessories
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Difficult to install. It is advisable to get a professional plumber.
- More efficient when used with strong water pressure.
4. Hindware Brass Ingots Polished Wall Mixer
Sharp design with an aesthetically pleasing look meant to blend with your bathroom design. Hindware wall mixer sports electroplated chrome, neoperl honeycomb aerator with Provision for Overhead Shower with 115mm Long Bend Pipe.
- Compact design with a shiny look and feel
- Very durable and sturdy with resistance to rust and scratches
- Excellent water flow speed
- This model does not come with head or hand showers
- Fragile internal components need careful handling
5. ZAP Breeza Series 3 in 1 Wall Mixer
ZAP Breeza wall mixers come with solid brass chrome plating done with flawless casting. A good quality ceramic cartridge is fitted within for steady rain-spray level water flow. And it comes with a Crutch & Multi Flow Hand Shower with 1.5 Meter Flexible Tube.
- Comes with both overhead showers and hand showers provision
- Excellent price for the product quality
- Durable mixer with high-quality cartridges
- Smaller-sized pipes lead to slower tap flows
- Plastic inner fittings give some parts a lightweight and fragile feel
6. Qblu Slim Full Brass Wall Mixer
Premium quality wall mixer with high-grade brass taps resistant to water leakages. The mixer is designed with shooter casting techniques in the spout to prevent water wastage. It comes with an 18-micron thick copper chrome finishing, resistant to rust and corrosion. Elegantly designed to merge with the bathroom aesthetic.
- Quality leak-proof technology used
- The Strong brass base and copper chrome finishing give it extra durability and corrosion resistance
- Good value for money
- The water wastage control technology used also gives the mixer a low water pressure.
- Parts of the fittings have a problem being properly covered.
7. JAQUAR 3 in 1 Wall Mixer
Solid 3-1n-1 wall mixer with overhead shower and hand shower provision. It comes with an easy-to-use mix control valve for better hot/cold mix.
- The complete pack is very cost-effective
- Durable and long-lasting
- The mixture is compatible with all types of Jaquar brand showers
- Hand showers are not included but are purchased separately
- Items in the package can be of varying quality
8. 10X Brass 3 in 1 Wall Mixer for Bathroom
Easy to control tube spout with reflective sheen mirror-look technology. The materials are made of high-quality brass and chrome plating with a brass cartridge, and bubble-type aerators. It also boasts more stability than its competitors and its height advantage makes it more suitable for most bathrooms.
- Efficient water pressure
- An excellent design style that universally fits bathroom designs
- Easy mixer control for hot and cold water
- Prone to leakages during and after installation
- Not easily installed without a professional plumber
9. WATER TECTEC PVC Wall Mixer
This brand is known for durability and premium quality in its product’s finishing. Its accessories are matched with elegance and style made to fit general bathroom designs. This new product has a Sleek white look made of engineering polymer for better resistance to rust and corrosion.
- High-density polymer makes it perfect for handling cold and hot water with ease
- Comes with vital tools to aid easy installation
- Corrosion and rust-free due to material plating
- Fittings may not be compatible with other mixer types
- Not compatible with already installed pressure pump
10. QUICK SILVER Delta Brass Mixer
A combination of high-quality look and durability with chrome finishing ensures rust resistance. This has easy controls that release jet streams of water with minimal effort but maximum efficiency.
- Comes with 360 degrees rotation capable of swivel spout. That is easy to control.
- Multiple layers of electroplated titanium and nickel. This helps prevent item degression
- Brass base build increases durability and sturdiness
- Lower quality of products especially inner fittings
- Some parts may not come inclusive with the package
A quality wall mixer has to efficiently mix water for the user without leaks, corrosion, or falling apart a few months after installation. For this reason, it is advisable to choose carefully the type of wall mixer you spend your money on depending on the location intended for it. To install properly get a plumber. Only do it yourself if you are experienced enough, or if the product is easy enough.
Which is the best wall mixer?
The best mixer is one that may not be easiest to install but the one that is easiest to operate and lasts the longest without breaking down, leaking, or any other type of degrading. This may differ with the brand chosen and the location it is used in.
What is a wall mixer tap?
This is the outlet or spout where the combined hot/cold water comes out from. It is a part of the unit itself that releases water. It has a control lever or knob or valve atop or on its side to control water flow.
What is the cost of a wall mixer tap?
The amount differs depending on the brand, type, and quality. It usually ranges between 1600 to 6800 rupees.