VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) batteries serve as storage devices for electrical charge. These are sealed batteries, which don’t require water toppings. They are also not prone to spills, as there is no water inside them. You may use a VRLA battery in a UPS. The VRLA battery is also suitable for use in solar power systems and in electronic weighing scales. Other areas where one may use it are battery-operated toys, emergency lights, and electronic medical lab equipment. Inside the battery is sealed lead acid, and this is what stores charge. For instance, if you are using a solar power system, the battery charges as long as their powered. The chemical inside stores the charge. Then during the times when there is no sun, you can draw on the charge stored in the battery. You then use it to power your various devices.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, inverter batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, AAA batteries, AA batteries, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power bank brands in India.
Top 10 Best VRLA Batteries in India
Features of VRLA Battery
The 4 main features that attract people to VRLA batteries include convenience, reliability, durability and sturdiness.
- Convenience largely comes about from the fact that the VRLA batteries don’t need water toppings. They are sealed batteries. They are also neat, as they are not prone to spillage.
- Reliability comes from the fact that VRLA batteries tend to hold power for a long. Thus one can be sure that as long as the battery has enough charge, it will serve well without fail.
- Durability comes from the fact that VRLA batteries tend to have long useful lives. And this is mainly thanks to the nature of the chemical in them, as well as their casings and terminals.
- Sturdiness is due to the fact that these VRLA batteries tend to be better able to withstand shocks and vibrations.
Types of VRLA Batteries
- There are Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) VRLA batteries. Then there are gel cell VRLA batteries.
- Many people regard absorbent glass mat VRLA batteries as being superior to gel cell VRLA batteries. But the gel cell VRLA batteries do also have their strengths.
- There are 6-volt VRLA batteries. Then there are 12-volt VRLA batteries.
- There are 7 Ah VRLA batteries. Then there are those with 5A, 4.5 Ah, 10 Ah, 12 Ah and other capacities.
Buying Guide for VRLA Battery
- First and foremost, you need to be sure that the VRLA battery you buy has enough capacity for your requirements. To this end, check the battery’s voltage as well as ampere hours (Ah) numbers.
- Be sure to look at the VRLA battery price against its capacity. The capacity is usually a major factor influencing VRLA battery price. It may not make sense to pay a very high VRLA battery price for very low capacity.
- Ideally, a proper VRLA battery should come with some warranty. Check how long the warranty for the VRLA batteries you consider buying is, and what it terms are like.
- Go for a VRLA that comes in good packaging. Check the terminals and connectors it comes with, and be sure that those are of good quality.
How To Use VRLA Battery?
- When you receive your VRLA battery, you will need to read the manual it comes with well.
- The next step is to charge the battery (unless it is one of those that come with enough charge already).
- After charging, the next step is to connect the VRLA battery to the devices it will be supplying power to. In some cases, you may tap direct current power from the battery. But in other cases, you may need to use an inverter, which turns the DC power to AC power.
- Avoid putting your VRLA battery where there is way too much heat.
- And keep the battery away from the reach of children.
List of Top 10 Best VRLA Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. Amptek 4.5AH SMF/VRLA Battery
This is a 6-volt Amptek battery. Ideal for use in devices like electronic weighing scales and electronic medical lab equipment among others.
- There can never be any sort of spills with this battery
- It has a wide operating temperature range
- Its terminal is of push type
- Some may find 6 volts too little
- Any sort of short-circuiting may mess it up
2. AMARON Quanta VRLA 12V Battery
Comes with 12 Ah charge holding capacity. Works very well in UPS, solar power, and other areas.
- It has F2 terminals
- Not too heavy in weight
- Resists all manner of shocks and vibrations quite well
- The warranty is only 6 months
- The price may look a bit high to some people
3. Vihan Electric Vehicles Company 6V VRLA Battery
What you get here is a 7 Ah Amptek battery. Very ideal for some electric car toys, among other devices.
- This is usually quite a portable battery
- The price is not too high
- It tends to charge smoothly
- Does not have too high a capacity (at only 6 volts, 7 Ah)
- Some may feel that the outer casing could be better
4. UPLUS 5AH VRLA Battery
This is a 6-volt battery. It works very well in toys and other devices that just need little power.
- It has a very little self-discharging effect
- Its terminals have a silver coating
- Not prone to micro short circuits
- There are limits to what one can do with a 5 Ah capacity battery
- Repair may be rather tricky, in case the battery has inner problems
5. Agnes Amptek 6v VRLA Battery
Capacity is 10 Ah in this case. Works well in electronic weighing machines, some toys, and other devices.
- This is a robust and typically durable battery
- The price is not too high when you consider its capacity
- Comes almost ready for usage
- Some may feel that it is not very compact in size
- Its terminals may eventually start wearing out
6. HBL OPTIMUZ 12V VRLA BATTERY
Charge holding capacity, in this case, is 7 Ah. This is a fully maintenance-free Optimuz battery.
- Its ABS casing is able to withstand high impact
- There is zero risk of it leaking
- It is rather compact
- Its warranty has some rather limiting clauses
- Packaging could be better
7. Nktronics 4.5 Ah VRLA Batteries
This is a unique 4-volt nktronics battery. Works well in emergency lights, toy cars, weighing scales, and so on.
- This is a very compact battery
- The price is quite low
- It has top a notch lead calcium alloy grid
- Battery backup is modest (since this is a 4.5 Ah battery)
- Terminals may start wearing out after some time
8. VISION SMF VRLA Batteries
What you get here is a lightweight yet quite robust weight. It is a 12-volt vision battery.
- It is easy to move about (given its weight and smaller size)
- The battery charges quite nicely and in little time
- Does not require lots of maintenance care (being a sealed battery)
- Some parts inside may be delicate
- Disposal at the end of usage life may be tricky (given the chemicals in it)
9. Pooja Enterprise Amptek 6V VRLA Batteries
Capacity here is 7 amptek Ah. Works very well in scientific projects, certain toys, and other devices.
- Its terminals are designed to allow for easy connection to devices
- The price is not too high
- There are never any leaking issues with a battery like this
- There are charging limitations (like you can only charge it once for six hours)
- May ruin greatly if short-circuited
10. PATOYS Pecon Power Moto 12V VRLA Batteries
Meant for use in motorcycles. Comes complete with a flame arrestor.
- Withstands lots of shocks (as well as vibrations) quite well
- It is compact and not heavy
- Easy to fit on a motorcycle
- Can require a lot of skill to repair, in case it gets issues that require interior repair
- Too much heat may affect it in a rather negative manner
A good VRLA battery offers convenience, smooth performance, and ease of use. While shopping for such a good VRLA battery in India, this guide will be of huge help to you.
What does VRLA mean in a battery?
It stands for Valve Regulated Lead Acid.
Which is the best VRLA battery?
One that has robust performance, is durable, and has adequate capacity.
How long does a VRLA battery last?
It can last as much as 5 years, even more.