To view pictures and videos from your computer on your TV set, you may need a VGA port connected alongside the VGA cable. The VGA to AV converters bring about a whole new level of display to your enjoyment. VGA was introduced in 1987 and brought about by the IBM company. VGA means Video Graphics Array, while AV refers to Audio Visual. Also, check the buyers guide for the best HDMI to VGA Connector cables in India.
The VGA has an upgrade known as SVGA meaning, Super Video Graphics Array. The SVGA has a better resolution than the VGA. It has a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels as against the 640 x 400 pixels or 320 x 200 pixels of the VGA.
The AV system processes sound and images and is built to solve some problems of communication relating to video conferencing, audio conferencing, etc.
Top 10 Best VGA to AV Converter Brands in India
Features of VGA to AV converter
- The VGA cable features 15 pins that are firmly connected to the VGA connector.
- The AV cable is a thick wire which is possible to insert into DVDs, projectors, or other devices which display motion and pictures.
- One end of the AV cable consists of red, white, and yellow colours.
- On the AV connector, there are also red, white & yellow parts in which the corresponding color of each cable is fitted into each port before a proper connection can be gotten.
- For the 15 pin holes present in the VGA port, each of them has its function and names ranging from the 1st pin which displays red to the 15th pin which functions as monitor ID3.
- All these forms the pin configuration. The VGA cable also features data and video signal types.
Types of VGA to AV converter
- For the VGA cable, there are so many types, ranging from the mini-VGA to the full-size cables.
- The other name for the VGA cable is the RGB connector.
- The VGA connectors are classified into male and female.
The male consists of the VGA cable plug while the female is the VGA port consisting of pinholes.
- Some configurations are common to the VGA cable connectors. They include VGA to HDMI cable, VGA to DVI-D, USB to VGA, VGA to mini-jack. Etc.
The AV cable consists of 5 main types.
- Coaxial AV cable
- HDMI AV cable
- Composite AV cable
- S-video AV cable
- VGA/ DVI AV cable
Buyer’s guide for VGA to AV converters
- You would not want to buy an item that you’re not going to enjoy because it is of utmost importance to get value for what you’re purchasing, as money isn’t plucked from trees.
- Therefore, below are some guides that will assist you in buying that quality cable that you desire especially if you are not a techie and also new to the game.
1. Quality of the cable
- Quality is essential for whatever product you’re getting.
- The kind of material used in making the cables, however, will determine how long it’ll last.
- A poor-quality cable can damage the entire device. You wouldn’t want that.
2. How the cable is designed
- The design of a cable has to conform to the required safety standards.
- There are conventional cables which you can get from very good manufacturers.
- Cables of high quality are usually thicker in size as a result of the extra protective covering.
3. Cost of the cable
- In most cases, the higher the quality, the higher the price.
- Quality costs money.
How to use VGA to AV converter?
- You may want to see your favourite movie or a recorded program on your TV set or out on a projector or any other display equipment.
- The user can do it through the connection of VGA to AV.
- All that is needed is just your VGA and AV cables.
- To set up your TV or any other device you wish to connect to, here are some steps to converting VGA to AV.
- Plug one end of the VGA cable consisting of 15 pins the VGA port of the computer system
- Then, plug in the second end of the VGA cable to the AV adapter.
- Thereafter, connect one of the two ends of the AV cable to the VGA then to the AV adapter device
- The other end part of the AV cable should be connected to an AV port which is free on your TV set. A lot of TVs have more than 2 AV connections.
- After, you put on the TV and boot your computer. Now, the TV Serves as the computer.
List of Top 10 Best VGA to AV converter Brands in India
1. Posh VGA to HDMI adapter
This adapter can transform signals of PC and audio signals to HDMI format. With the POSH VGA to HDMI adapter, devices with VGA input can be linked to big projector screens with HDMI input.
- Devices with the VGA input can be viewed on bigger screens.
- Video signals can be upscaled.
- Conversion of computer and audio signals to HDMI format.
- Very costly.
- The vulnerability of the plastic cover.
2. Mak world VGA to video AV composite RCA S-video adapter
The adapter has a simultaneous display function on the VGA computer and television. The supported resolutions include 640 x 480 (85 Hz), 800 x 600 (85 Hz) and 1024 x 768 (75Hz) input port. The output port includes RCA, HD 15 and S-video.
- Easy installation.
- It has a very portable size.
- Very good for surfing the web, gaming and presentations.
- The USB power doesn’t need any supply from the outside.
- Doesn’t work with all devices.
3. WeChip VGA2AV converter
The WeChip VGA2AV converter systematically discerns and transforms images from PC to NTSC, PAL. The support resolutions include 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 up to 1920 x 1080.
- Has large resolution support.
- Nice for video conferences, lecture rooms, business presentations.
- Instinctively discerns and changes computer pictures to NTSC, PAL.
- There can be audio concerns.
4. TSS high-resolution VGA to video TV AV Composite RCA S-video converter
With the TSS VGA to AV converter, videos can be viewed simultaneously on your PC and TV, projector or other display devices. It changes signals of VGA to RCA signal or S-video.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Installs very fast.
- No VGA notification.
5. Tobo mini VGA to AV RCA converter
This VGA to AV converter detects automatically and transforms images from PC to NTSC, PAL. There are many support resolutions for this converter ranging from 640 x 480 to 1920 x 1080.
- Supports high-end resolution.
- The input of data at the VGA end is output with the AV end.
- Quite expensive.
6. Banyan VGA2AV DTC mini HD 1080p VGA to AV RCA converter
It supports a very large resolution of up to 1920 x 1080 at a refresh rate of 60Hz. Resolution varies from 640 x 480 to 1920 x 1080.
- Accommodates a large resolution.
- Systematically detects and transforms images from the computer to NTSC, PAL.
- A bit costly.
7. BigPlayer VGA to video universal PC VGA to TV AV RCA signal adapter
This equipment offers a solution to the difficulty of looking at the computer from your television. It is useful for viewing games, images, presentations, and even for browsing the internet. There is the presence of a VGA output port.
- Preferences can be adjusted with the onscreen display.
- It doesn’t require driving of the computer system.
- Easy to install.
8. Terabyte high-resolution VGA converter TB03
Supports resolutions of 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024. It does not require driving and it works well with Windows and Mac personal computers.
- Has good image controls.
- Excellent for surfing the web, playing online games, viewing images and videos.
- Does not quite support high-end resolutions.
9. AVInAir AV-SF-TV 531 converter
It allows for express viewing of videos and games from your computer to the Television. It doesn’t require you to install any software before you can start using it. The AVInAir Av-SF-TV 531 works well with all television sets using an RCA connection or an S-video connection. It is also very compatible with computers that adopt a VGA connection.
- Facilitates easy streaming of videos straight from the computer to the television.
- The rate of scan is very advanced and it can be manipulated.
- Constant scaling down of noise.
- Not compatible with all devices.
10. eKL VGA to AV adapter converter
Enables the user to see videos, browse the net, play games online on the computer. The standard VGA output functions with a lot of computers, TVs, projectors etc.
- Installation is instant.
- Not expensive to purchase.
- Easy to use.
- Lots of adjustments regarding image size.
- Does not support large resolutions.
- Unit resets when the power cord is interrupted.
The VGA to AV converter offers a better way to stream videos and images on your PC on the TV thereby providing you with a better view.
Having looked into VGA to AV conversion, the features, buyer’s guide together with the pros and cons of some VGA to AV converters, you now have a good knowledge of the different types of VGA to AV converters. In case you’re a first-timer looking to purchase a VGA to AV converter, you can look into the buyer’s guide and determine for yourself which VGA to AV converter is best for you.