UV sterilizers are items or gadgets that purify the air as well as large and small appliances by disinfecting them using radiation. This breaks down and kills all microorganisms and their DNA eliminating them.
Also, check the buyers guide for the best Hand Sanitizers, Disinfectant Sprays, Sanitizer Sprays, Portable Oxygen Cylinders, Hand Sanitizer Stands, PPE Kits, Pulse Oximeters, Infrared Thermometers, Respirometers, BP Machines, Glucometers, Steam Vaporizer, Nebulizers, Glucometer Strips, Hand Gloves, Face Masks, Colorimeters, Floor Cleaners, Handwash Liquids, Fogging machines, Sanitization Machines, Spray Pumps, Spray Bottles, Handwash Dispensers, Oxygen Concentrators & Liquid oxygen in India.
Top 12 Best UV Sterilizer in India
Features of a UV Sterilizer
The following are features of UV sanitizers:
- They are either small for disinfecting small personal stuff or large that disinfect appliances and rooms.
- Also known as UV light, they produce the lighting needed when disinfecting.
- The amount of light they emit depends on the wattage of the bulb.
- The higher the wattage, the brighter the light.
- They are pre-set for a certain length of time or manually set.
- Some UV sterilizers also come with remote control to make setting time easier.
- Depending on the size of your UV light sanitizer, it may have wheels to ease movement from one place to another.
- Fitted with handles for easier opening and closing of the doors before and after use.
- This feature is available so you can inspect what’s going on in the sanitizer without having to open the door.
Types of UV Sterilizers
- These require you to hold them and sterilize surfaces or objects by passing them on top of them.
- These have the UV light fitted in the inside and work when you place the items you want to be disinfected, set the time, and zip them up.
Collapsible sterilizer boxes
- For these UV light sanitizers, you place the item that needs sterilization in a bowl or item of your choice and holds the box on top of the bowl for the set time.
- As this type of UV light sterilization is not closed, you need to be extra cautious when handling it.
- You can practice care by wearing gloves and making sure that your hands don’t come into contact with the light.
Buyer’s Guide for UV Sterilizer
When out shopping for your UV light sanitizer, there a few things to look for or consider. They are:
- The UV light sanitizer you consider buying should fit your budget. The best way to ensure this is to set an amount then make sure that the price doesn’t go above this. You can buy it under the set amount and save some coins!
- Purpose of the UV sanitizer. Where will you use the sanitizer? Is it for small personal objects or large appliances? Do you intend to use it for disinfecting baby products too? If so, buy a multipurpose sterilizer.
- Like any other product, UV sanitizers are available in different sizes. Some disinfect single items at a time while others disinfect multiple items at a given time. Also, different sanitizers take less or longer time depending on the items being disinfected.
How to use a UV Sterilizer
- To use a UV sterilizer, make sure that you first read the user manual provided by the manufacturer as well as the installation guide.
- If yours didn’t come with either of these, follow the below steps.
- The first and foremost step when using a UV sanitizer is to inspect it for any damages or holes that would emit UV radiation.
- If there is no sign of damage, proceed with the other steps.
- Most UV sanitizers will come with a charger, connect this to the power source.
- Next, place the items you want to disinfect in the compartment without overlaying them on each other.
- Set the timer according to the time that is appropriate for the items you are disinfecting.
- Close the handle or door and let the sanitizer do its magic.
- Follow caution by making sure that there is no animals present.
- Do not look directly at the UV light and make sure that the area is well ventilated after sterilization to remove any odors left behind.
List of Top 12 Best UV Sterilizers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Orient Electric UV Sanitech One Touch Sanitization
In just 4 minutes, this UV sterilizer kills 99.9% of bacteria and pathogens by disrupting and destroying their DNA. It has a preset timer that makes sure it works in the set for 4 minutes.
- 100% reliable and safe
- It sterilizes and sanitizes 360°
- A large capacity of 34 liters
- Amazon customers complained the product didn’t match the quality advertised
- Difficult to attach the legs
2. Godrej ViroShield 4.0-30L UV-C Disinfecting Device
With this product, you don’t need any installation after purchase. It disinfects viruses in 2-6 minutes with more than 99% accuracy. Ideal for disinfecting multiple large items at once.
- Magnetic sealing on the door
- Clinically accepted and proven to disinfect COVID virus
- Your items are covered with UV light all round
- It emits a foul smell after use
- If you overstock your items, they don’t get disinfected at all
3. PHILIPS UV-C Disinfection System
It kills viruses and germs within 2 to 8 minutes and is ideal for use in either homes, offices, shops, etc. It also automatically cuts off the UV rays if/or when the door gets opened.
- It has a pre-set timer that disinfects items according to their sizes
- Safe for use even when disinfecting food products
- Fitted with a glass door that ensures the UV rays are contained within the compartment.
- You can’t stack items on top of each other
- The door magnet wears out easily
4. VISMA UVC Disinfection Box | UV STERILIZER
This UV light sanitizer is very lightweight weighing only 500 grams. Its main use is disinfecting small office and home appliances.
- Easy and safe to use
- It is effective in disinfecting different types of viruses
- It doesn’t have an automatic cutoff
- You need to turn items like masks for them to be disinfected on both sides
5. Caresmith RAY UV Sterilizer Box
This sterilization box is small and compact, doesn’t break easily, has a long shelf life, and efficiently kills germs quickly.
- Fitted with a safety feature that ensures no UV rays escape to harm you
- It kills up to 99% of bacteria and germs on surfaces
- Safe to sterilize baby products
- It has a timing of 3 minutes that automatically cuts off regardless of whether sterilizing small or large items
- Ideal for just small objects
6. LAGO 18W UV-C Germicidal Sterilization Lamp
With a 1-year warranty on all manufacturing defects, this UV light sterilizer is durable and long-lasting with the capability of killing up to 99.9% of germs.
- Lightweight and portable
- Also protects against any new bacteria growth
- Fitted with a human contact sensor and comes with a remote
- It takes 15-60 minutes to disinfect
- Emits a burning smell after use
7. LEZEN UV Germicidal Lamp UV sterilizer
Apart from killing viruses and bacteria, this UV light sanitizer also kills insects and mites. It has a remote control you can use to set different times for different item sterilization.
- It doesn’t require any refills
- There is no odor after use
- It has motion sensors
- Customers complained that there was a strong odor emitted after use
8. Amtidy U99 UV Sanitizer
This UV sterilizer works quietly so you can sanitize your small belongings at night when sleeping without noise disruptions. It is tested and certified to kill 99.9% of germs.
- You can sterilize and charge your phone at the same time with its inbuilt USB charging port
- Takes only 5 minutes to sanitize
- It has a voice broadcast for each step
- It is only ideal for really small appliances like phones and keys
- The voice broadcast is quite annoying and doesn’t have a shut off feature
9. Halonix Shield Kit Bag UV Sanitiser
This UV light sanitizer is safe to use on baby products and is portable. It is safe to use on foodstuffs, vegetables, and fruits without potentially harming them.
- Quick and safe sterilization of personal products in only 5 minutes
- Compact and portable
- Safe to use in the car as well
- Cannot sterilize large appliances
10. DAPHNE® | UVC Disinfection Box | UV Sterilizer Box
This sanitizer ensures all your stuff is sterilized from all directions while also ensuring no UV rays leak. You can fold it without destroying the box when carrying it around.
- It doesn’t produce ozone gas and thus your health is protected
- Reflective inner lining so you can see what’s going on inside
- It has undergone testing and certification
- It doesn’t have a UV light
- It doesn’t come with a user manual nor assembly instructions
11. Mounolax UV-C Sanitizer
It is effective against all viruses and germs. It doesn’t use any chemicals during sterilization and the process of disinfecting is easy and quick.
- It has a removable drip tray
- Inbuilt UV bulb
- The front door is fitted with magnets for closing
- It doesn’t have a pre-set timer
- The magnets don’t hold the door properly
12. Borosil Suraksha Electric UV-C Sterilizer
It automatically cuts off power when the door opens and has a timer that’s adjustable between 0-10 minutes. It consumes less power and is easy to maintain.
- Set time depending on the item you are disinfecting
- It has a power ON/OFF button
- Steel body for easy maintenance
- Amazon customers complained the light quality was poor
- Tendencies of UV radiation leakage
With a UV sterilizer, you are assured that the area around your home, as well as your stuff, is disinfected and virus-free. With most of these UV light sanitizers disinfecting and killing a degree of viruses that cause the COVID-19, grab and rest assured that you and your family are safe.
What does a UV sterilizer do?
A UV sterilizer disinfects objects whether large or small ensuring germs and viruses are eliminated completely.
Is UV sterilizer better than steam?
Yes, it is. This is because a sterilizer kills up to 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and germs.
Do UV sterilizers kill beneficial bacteria?
Yes, they do.
What is the price of the UV Sterilizer?
The price range of a UV sterilizer is between 1,000INR to 10,000INR depending on the size and functionality.