Usha International Limited (USHA) is the largest sewing machine company in India which was founded in 1962. Though sewing machines are not the company’s only product. The company also manufactures machines and accessories like fans, cooking appliances, fabric care (irons), water cooler, water dispenser, room cooler, water heater, room heater, electric water pump, etc. But there is no doubt that sewing machines are the most popular product of Usha.
Top 11 Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
Features of a Usha Sewing Machine
- Usha manufactures technologically advanced sewing machines with the most convenient features.
- The company makes machines that have features like Feed-Dog Adjustment, automatic buttonholer, needle threader, presser feet, tension adjustment, top load bobbin.
- The Usha electrical sewing machines are mostly lightweight and have an ergonomic design that makes it easy to control the machine.
- The machine comes with a wide range of stitches, power, and speed control.
- You can also adjust the needle position to your liking.
Types of Usha Sewing Machines
- Usha Company Limited manufactures various types of sewing machines.
- They also manufacture both domestic and heavy-duty industrial sewing machines.
- The four main types of Sewing machines that Usha provides to the customers are—
- The Memory Craft series is a specialized and professional computerized sewing and embroidery machine suitable for people who work across garments, quilting, and home decor, etc.
Zig Zag Usha Janome
- These are fully automated sewing machines made with Japanese technology.
- These machines are really good for beginners.
- Usha Industrial machines are technologically advanced.
- These machines are capable of working on various fabrics ranging from light to heavy and speeds varying from 1000 spm to 3000 spm.
- These machines are hardy and come with a whole plethora of features to make sewing simple and easy like— auto tripping, spring-loaded bobbin winder, perfect stitch formation, lever stitch regulator, forward and reverse stitch control, and a slide plate, etc.
Buyer’s Guide for a Usha Sewing Machine
- If you are looking for a Usha machine, you can see all their products on their website.
- There you can search for the products and see which suits you best.
- But first, you need to decide for yourself what type of sewing machine you want.
- If you are looking for a sewing machine for domestic use, you can either buy a mechanical or an electric one.
- Electrical sewing machines are easy to use but they cost more than mechanical ones.
- So according to your budget set your priorities.
- If you are completely new to sewing, you may not know some of the functions and features of a sewing machine.
- We recommend you to talk to someone who uses a sewing machine and take his/her advice.
- You can buy the product directly from the Official Sewing Machine Usha website, online shipping platforms like Amazon or you can directly buy it from a retail shop.
How to take Care of a Sewing Machine
- When you buy a sewing machine make sure the product comes with a warranty or guarantee.
- Sure, if the machine has any problem, the warranty will cover the damage.
- Don’t you think prevention is better than cure? You will be given a plastic hood to cover your sewing machine.
- Use that when you are not using the machine to protect the machine from dust and other harmful impacts.
- If your machine requires batteries, don’t use an old one and a new one together.
- If you have a mechanical sewing machine use machin2-years2-year oils to make the parts work smoothly with the least friction possible. It will increase the durability of your machine as well.
List of Top 11 Best Usha Sewing Machines in India-Buyers Guide
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White and Blue) with Free Sewing KIT Worth RS 500
The Usha Dream Stitch sewing machines have four-step buttonholing that enables the user to stitch buttons on shirts, dresses, and coats fast. There is also a dial option to select the desired pattern.
- It is an automatic zig-zag machine with a compact free arm.
- The machine comes with Stitch length control; Triple strength stitch.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Not suitable for sewing hard or thick fabrics.
2. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White) with Free Sewing KIT Worth RS 500
The Usha Janome Wonder Stitch electric sewing machines will help you create freehand embroidery designs with the drop feed mechanism. The machine has the blind hem foot that you can use to finish the ends of garments such as saree falls, Kurti slits, skirt hemlines and much more. The product also has a 2-year warranty.
- The package offers a free sewing kit worth 500 INR.
- You can do 21 different stitches with this sewing machine.
- It with a carrying handle to facilitate portability
- Operating with the machine might be too noisy.
3. Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine (Black)
The Usha Bandhan sewing machines come with features like auto tripping bobbin winder, lever type stitch regulator, and traditional screw-type presser adjustment. The material of this machine is cast iron.
- This is a complete hand machine which makes it suitable for beginners.
- This product comes with a one-year warranty.
- Because of the material, the product is heavy and can face corrosion in the future.
4. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White) with Free Sewing KIT Worth RS 500
This Usha Janome sewing machines come with a free sewing kit worth 500 INR. It is an electric sewing machine that comes with a built-in motor and a color-coded functional display.
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- The machine is lightweight and it comes with a carrying handle.
- Costlier than other similar products.
5. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White)
Usha Janome Sewing Machines product comes with or without the Kit option. The without kit costs less comparably. It is an automatic zig-zag sewing machine with a free arm for ease of circular stitching two dials for pattern and stitches length selection.
- This product comes with 13 built-in stitch options.
- Very suitable for beginners.
- This machine cannot stitch on hard or thick fabrics.
6. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic Sewing Machine (White and Blue) with Free Sewing KIT Worth RS 500
Usha Sewing machine automatic zig-zag sewing machines with free arm offers easy circular stitching of two dials for pattern and stitch length selection. It has 21 applications including stretch stitching, button fixing, rolled hemming, satin stitch, zip fixing, and smocking.
- A free demo is available.
- The product has 2 years warranty from the manufacturer.
- Costlier than other similar products.
7. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic 60-Watt Sewing Machine (White and Blue)
Usha Janome Machine is an attractive memory craft sewing machine. This product comes with free sewing kits like 18 N Thread Spools, 12 N Buttons, 1 N Scissor, 5 N Needles, and 1 N Measuring Tape.
- This machine comes with 57 stitch functions.
- It can smoothly operate on any type of fabric.
- Way costlier than other similar products.
8. Usha Anand Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine (Black)
Usha Anand Machine is a very traditional mechanical sewing machine. The material is metal.
- The machine has a lever-type stitch regulator with a forward and reverses stitching mechanism.
- The price is low which makes it affordable.
- The product is heavyweight because of the metal body.
9. Usha Janome Marvela 60-Watt Sewing Machine (White/Green Decals)
Usha Janome Marvella machine is a compact free-arm zig-zag machine with one dial for pattern selection. It is available in a beautiful shade of light green which is very cute.
- The sewing speed is 550 SPM.
- There is a thread cutter at the needle bar.
- It has only seven built-in stitches.
- There is no warranty on this product.
10. USHA JANOME Allure DLX Electric Sewing Machine -White
Usha Janome Allure sewing machine is one of the best products out there in the market that is suitable for domestic use. The sewing speed is 860 SPM and the stitch width is 5mm.
- The product comes with a built-in needle threader and a LED-type sewing light.
- There is a handle on top of the machine which makes it easier to carry.
- Costlier than other similar products.
11. Usha Janome Excella DLX
Usha Janome Excella is an automatic sewing machine with an auto tripping bobbin winder. The product is only available in white.
- It has 13 built-in stitches.
- It comes with a faceplate thread cutter.
- Heavier than other similar products.
So this was our topic on Usha Sewing Machine. Hope you have found it helpful.
Which Usha sewing machine is best for home use?
For domestic use, the best Usha sewing machines are from the Allure series.
What is the cost of a Usha sewing machine in India?
The Usha sewing machine price ranges from 8,000 INR to 15,000 INR.