A tubular battery is meant for use in high-end applications such as UPS and solar power units. In this type of battery, the positive plate is found within a tube. So this is what makes it ‘tubular’. You may need to buy it if you live in a place where power outages are becoming common. Then you can use it, alongside an inverter, to store power when the grid is working well. Thereafter, when there is a power outage, the battery (now connected to the inverter) would offer a reliable backup. Similarly, if you want to tap ‘clean power’ from the sun, via a solar unit, the tubular battery can help. Here, you need to have a way of storing the power you tap during the hours when there is sunshine. So this is yet another area in which you can benefit from this type of battery.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Amaron Batteries, Okaya Batteries, 150AH Batteries, Amco batteries, Exide inverters, Exide Batteries, Exide car batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, Microtek Inverters, Solar inverters, Car Inverters, inverter batteries, Livfast Batteries, Livguard batteries, SF Sonic Batteries, Amaron Bike Batteries, HW Batteries, Amco Batteries, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 10 Best Tubular Batteries in India
Features of Tubular Battery
- The defining feature of a tubular battery is its storage capacity rating for power. The makers will usually state this key metric in ampere-hours (Ah) units.
- In a tubular battery, the water level indicators design is an important feature too. It can determine how easy it will be to check the water level. This in turn has an effect on how convenient the battery will be to use.
- On another note, in a tubular battery, overload protection is an important feature. Besides this, the best batteries also have overcharge protection. So these are safety features that can affect the battery’s durability.
- Further, the lead reserve level in the tubular battery is an important feature. This may affect its proneness to lose water.
- Heat tolerance capacity may also matter, as a feature in a tubular battery. This is especially key if you are in a place where temperatures rise too much at times.
Types of Tubular Battery
- There are tall tubular batteries. Then there are short tubular batteries.
- The tall tubular battery has great height. However, its width is lesser (making it appear tall but less wide).
- Conversely, the short tubular battery has great width. However, its height is less, making it appear wider but shorter.
- The short tubular battery can at times even be stored on a shelf. But the tall tubular battery often requires the use of a custom-made trolley. In technical terms, the height of the tall tubular battery has a direct effect on the height of its electrodes. So they are taller than those found in the short tubular battery. This can in turn has a modest effect on the battery’s efficiency.
Buying Guide for Tubular Battery
- You first need to undertake a careful analysis of your power storage needs. Just ask yourself, how much power will you need to keep in the battery? That will in turn depend on the type, number and caliber of appliances you have to supply power to. Ultimately, this should tell you what tubular battery capacity (Ah units) to seek.
- How much space you have to store the battery may also be a key issue. This may tell you whether a short or tall tubular battery is ideal for you.
- The tubular battery price is another key factor. You have to look at this against the battery’s capacity, brand strength, and so on.
- Then there is also the warranty, as another key thing to look at while buying this type of battery.
How To Use Tubular Battery?
There are two main applications for tubular batteries.
- The first is in UPS, to back up the power you get from the mains grid.
- The second is in the solar units, to tap power from the sun.
- You can use the tubular battery within your home. Or you can use it within an office, for instance, to keep things working when the power goes. Even in a business, like say, a shop, the tubular battery can help in backing up the power supply.
List of Top 10 Best Tubular Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. Luminous Red Charge Inverter RC 25000 Battery
Ideal for use at home, or within shops, offices, and other setups where power storage is needed. The capacity rating is 200 Ah.
- Can offer backup for rather long periods of time
- The price is very reasonable for 200 Ah
- Easily recyclable at the end of its useful life
- When filled with water, the weight is 59 kg
- Can take many hours to fill 100% with charge
2. Genus Invomax Inverter Battery
The capacity rating is 150 Ah. The type is tall tubular.
- Can work well both in home and office settings
- Designed for quite simple connection with inverter
- Can serve for as many as 6-7 years
- May not fit into most typical shelves (hence may need a trolley)
- It only has a basic handle for lifting and moving around
3. V-Guard Flat Tubular Inverter Batteries
The model number is VJ145. The capacity rating is 135 Ah.
- Takes little space, being a flat battery
- Comes with easily readable water level indicators
- The price is quite low
- 135 Ah capacity rating may be a bit low for some
- May not be compatible with certain inverters
4. Amaron Tall Tubular Batteries
Can store 150 Ah power units. Comes from the factory already well charged.
- Able to tolerate even high heat conditions safely
- Its reserve capacity is good
- Has a low reserve of lead, hence loses water slowly
- Needs a lot of energy to lift/carry, at 52 kg
- Installation is not a very simple affair
5. Livguard (Recyclable) Inverter Battery
It stores up to 160 Ah units of power. It is of tall tubular type.
- The design is not prone to leaking at all
- Accepts charge at a rather high rate
- Not prone to tube bursting at any point
- The price is relatively high
- Takes lots of physical space
6. Microtek Mtek Power Jumbo Batteries
The capacity rating is 150 Ah. Works with almost all major types of power inverters.
- The envelope separator in this battery is of PE type
- Comes with easy to make use of the (paperless) warranty
- Has a decent safety profile
- Needs water fillings on a regular basis
- Takes technical skill to install
7. SERVBAK C10 Tubular Solar Batteries
The power capacity rating here is 40 Ah. Ideal for use in all the various settings: home, office, shop, and so on.
- Its separators are of high porosity
- Comes in a top-quality container of PPCP type
- It is not too heavy
- 40 Ah capacity may appear rather low for heavier loads
- The warranty has certain conditions attached to it
8. VJ145 Flat Tubular Inverter Batteries
Holds 135 Ah power capacity. Includes the standard 6 water level indicators.
- The terminals are designed in a way that allows for easy installation
- May be able to fit on some shelves (as it is not too tall)
- Comes with a decent safety profile
- The lifting and carrying handle is of a basic type
- For some loads, 135 Ah capacity may be too modest
9. Eastman Conventional Tall Tubular Inverter Batteries
This is a robust modern design battery. Can be used at home, in an office, or in a basic shop.
- Rugged and likely to be durable
- Its spine does not corrode easily
- Can take in as much as 19.9 electrolyte liters
- Some may find the price to be quite high
- Terminal and handles have rather basic designs
10. New Surya (Mi 18040) Tall Tubular Batteries
What is available here is a 180 Ah capacity rating battery. Ideal for connection with the UPS inverter.
- Comes with 48 month’s warranty
- The price is low for a 180 Ah capacity
- Water level indicators are of high quality
- The instruction manual may have some details that are a bit technical for laypeople
- Takes quite a lot of space given its physical size
For your UPS or solar unit to really serve in an ideal manner, it needs a good-quality tubular battery. Use this guide while shopping for the best tubular batteries for various applications in India.
What is a tubular battery?
Ones whose positive plate is contained within a tube.
Which is the best tubular battery?
One with proper (Ah) capacity, good quality water level indicators, a decent charge acceptance rate, and a well-designed handle.
What is the advantage of tubular batteries?
They tend to be capable of holding a lot of charges, and typically offer long service life with convenient usage.