The Best Trimmer is becoming a very popular and sought-after personal grooming appliance among Indian men due to their current fashion trend of following the bearded look. When you grow a beard, it has to be regularly trimmed and styled for it to look professional and decent.
Also, trimmers play an important role as they allow you to style and groom your beard instantly in the manner you want. However, trimmers are now becoming more advanced. Some trimmers coming with multiple attachments that enable you to do not only trim your facial hair but also perform the haircut.
This article provides insights into various features of trimmers, considerations before buying a trimmer, and reviews some of the best trimmers available in the Indian market.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Nose Air Trimmers, Hair Removal Creams, Body Waxing Kits, Wax Heaters, Hair Removal Razors for women, Face Massager Machine, Eyebrow Trimmers, and Epilators for Women in India.
Best 3 Trimmers for Men in India
Buyers Guide – Best Trimmer
Today trimmers come with multiple attachments that help you to not only manage your facial hair but also your body hair, eyebrows, sideburns, etc. Buying multipurpose trimmers provides you great value for money as you do not need to buy trimmers and hair clippers separately.
You can consider the following factors while buying a good trimmer:
- You should always buy trimmers from reputed and trusted brands.
- There are many brands of trimmers now available in the Indian market.
- It is recommended to buy from established brands as they provide you the best quality features and products.
- You should always buy a high-quality trimmer that is durable and will last a long time.
- There are many features which you should check before buying a trimmer.
- The blades made from stainless steel last longer and not be vulnerable to rusting or corrosion.
- Titanium-coated blades are even better for longevity and smooth shave.
- You should also check the overall build quality and the grip on the trimmer to prevent any mishaps while using it.
- Trimmers come with different attachments suitable for grooming and styling varying hair lengths.
- You should prefer to buy trimmers that provide you the widest range of length options.
- Some trimmers also come with precision trimming which can provide you the precision of up to 0.5mm.
- The blades of these trimers are locked in at certain lengths by locking of regular settings.
- This helps you to groom facial hair of different lengths effectively.
Battery Backup and Charge Level Indicator
- You should check the battery backup time of the trimmer you plan to purchase.
- It is recommended to buy trimmers to give you adequate runtime.
- The trimmer was used after being charged completely. Ideally, you should buy a trimmer that can give you at least 45-60 minutes of runtime.
- In addition to this, you should also check whether it comes with charge level indicators or not.
- This is a handy feature that lets you know the charge level remaining in the trimmer and you can charge the battery accordingly.
- Total time is taken for completely charging a trimmer called Charging time.
- Different trimmers in the market come with varying charging times.
- If a trimmer has a long charging time, then it has limited utility for you as it will take a lot of time to be completely charged and used effectively.
- You should prefer to buy trimmers which have a charging time of 1 hour.
Price and Warranty
- Price is an important consideration for buying trimmers. You should try to purchase trimmers that offer maximum features and functionalities in your price range.
- It is also important to understand the warranty being provided.
- You should check the finer details of the warranty like differing warranty coverage for different parts, exclusion of warranty on any parts, onsite or offsite warranty, etc.
- Also, you should check if the brand you are planning to purchase has any service center in your location or not for repairing any technical faults in the future.
Features of a Trimmer
Trimmers are becoming the perfect grooming device for men wanting to sport different styles of facial hair. The main benefits of using a trimmer are as follows:
Soft on Your Skin:
Most people complain that shavers are harsh on the skin and can cause skin irritation. It can also cause facial hair to become hard. However, trimmers are gentle on your skin and do not harden your facial hair.
Adjust Length and Style of Your Facial Hair:
Using trimmers is the perfect choice for people wanting to keep facial hair. While a shaver will provide you a smooth and clean shave, it does not let you trim your beard and style them the way you want. Trimmers come with adjustable blades and different settings which allow you to groom your facial hair in a versatile manner.
Trimmers are becoming multiutility appliances that can let you plan your entire grooming regime. Some trimmers also come with specific attachments used for haircuts also. This also eliminates the need for buying multiple devices as only one trimmer can be used for all your grooming needs.
Portable and Lightweight:
Another added advantage of using trimmers for grooming is that they are lightweight and compact. They are easily carried along in your bag during travel. You can get the desired styling and grooming for your facial hair on the go.
Saves Time and Money:
Trimmers are efficient devices that give you nice grooming of your facial hair instantly. You can get the styling of your choice by using trimmers and do not have to visit a barber regularly for grooming and styling your facial hair which saves you a lot of time and money. This is quite handy as it lets you effortlessly groom your beard and mustaches even when you are on a tight schedule.
Can Trimmers be Used as Shavers?
There have been constant discussions on which are better- trimmers or shavers? The answer to this question lies in your intended use and requirements from these devices.
If you plan to only trim your beard and mustache without completely shaving them off, then trimmers are the perfect device for you.
Trimmers are electric devices that are used to trim men’s beards, mustaches, and sideburns.
Shaver’s are used for clean shaving men’s facial hair. They do not have any option of trimming your beard and will only clean shave it. You cannot trim your hair or comb it for giving specific shapes using a razor. It gives a close and smooth shave in a short time. Some people prefer using trimmers to shavers as it does not cause their facial hair to become hard. It is also possible to try new looks by combing and grooming the beard in different shapes by using a trimmer. However, trimmers cannot be used for the clean shaving of facial hair.
Can Trimmers be Used for Hair Cut?
Trimmers are specifically designed to groom men’s facial hair. Some people use their trimmers for hair cut but they are not designed for doing a haircut. Trimmers have thinner blades which make them suitable for cutting and trimming of shorter hair.
The thinner blades are designed to effectively groom your facial hair and give them the desired styling of your choice. Hair clippers are designed for haircuts.
Hair clippers come with different attachments like guard combs of varying sizes which allows you to perform cut a different length of hair and give you your desired haircut style. If you are in a hurry, you can use the hair clipper to give yourself a haircut quickly and save time on going to the barber.
Can Trimmers be Used While Corded?
There are corded and cordless trimmers available in the market. The key difference between these trimmers is the use of plugging them into a power socket for use. Corded trimmers need to plug into an external power source for operating them.
Cordless trimmers, on the other hand, used in a more portable manner without the need for plugging them into a power source. Portability is the greatest advantage of cordless trimmers.
These cordless trimmers used anywhere like in the shower, bathtub, or even in your car when you travel. while corded trimmers used only near to power source outlets.
Generally, cordless trimmers will not work while they plugged into a power source for charging. A distinct disadvantage of using cordless trimmers they stop working if the battery is not sufficiently charged.
How to Design Your Beard Using Trimmers?
Trimmers let you manage your facial hair to give you a professional and nicely groomed look. It allows you to trim and manage your facial hair quickly and does not make them hard which is the case when you use shavers.
- You can use trimmers to get your desired style of beard.
- The style of the beard also depends on your face type as rounder face generally require fuller beards while refined and streamlined beards go best with slimmer faces.
- You should start by identifying the style and shape of a beard that you want.
- After identifying your beard type and style, you should start by brushing your hair, all in one direction only.
- You can trim the overly long beard strands according to your chosen beard style.
- This followed by shaping your sideburns and defining your neckline by using a precision trimmer.
- Once you are done, the final thing is to touch up around your lips to ensure no hairs extend over them and then also trim the hair in your nostrils.
List of Top 3 Trimmers in the Market
You should always consider the battery capacity and charging time for cordless trimmers before buying them. It is recommended to opt for waterproof trimmers for using them in the bathroom.
Some of the best trimmers for men in the Indian market are reviewed below:
1. Philips Corded & Cordless Beard Trimmer QT 4011/15 with Titanium Blade:
This brand Philips is the market leader in the Indian trimmer market. It’s a cordless beard trimmer that comes with longer lifetime blades. You will get 2-years of warranty on this product.
- Philips Beard Trimmer blades made with the advanced titanium that has a longer lifespan and provides excellent performance.
- It comes with self-sharpening blades which ensures that the blades stay as sharp as when the product was new.
- Included rounded and smooth tips of the trimmer minimize any skin irritation.
- The charging time for this trimmer is only 1 hour. After 1 hour of charging, it can be used for 90 minutes.
- This trimmer gives you length settings of the 3-day beard of 0.5mm to a full beard of 10mm.
- The trimmer is lightweight at 340 grams and easily carried along.
2. Philips Pro Skin Advanced TrimmerBT 5200/15:
This trimmer also made by the Philips brand. It comes with some key features like long size, fast charging, etc.
- Philips Skin Advanced Trimmer is an extremely durable trimmer that can last for at least 4 times longer than normal trimmers in the market.
- It comes with the dynamic beard guide system which helps to lift the facial hair to the level of the blades for delivering the best results.
- The blades of the trimmer have smooth and rounded blades that prevent skin irritation on contact.
- After just 1 hour of charging, it can be used for 2 months for trimming.
- Philips provides a 2-year warranty on this trimmer
3. Panasonic Rechargeable Trimmer With Wet/Dry Precision Cutting & Quick Adjust Dial:
This brand Panasonic is another reliable brand in the trimmer and personal grooming market in India. It is a portable men’s trimmer and weighs 540 grams.
- Panasonic Trimmer has a charging time of 8 hours and a total runtime of nearly 50 minutes.
- It comes with 19 different grooming settings with this trimmer ranging from 1mm to 10mm.
- And it supports both dry and wet trimming.
- You will get a precision trimmer of 0.5mm and excellent stainless-steel blades with this trimmer.
- It has a drain that lets the water flow through it and makes cleaning this trimmer hassle-free and completely convenient.
- This trimmer comes with a warranty for 2-years.
After concise and detailed research, we have given a lengthy but helpful explanation of the best trimmer, features, types, how it works, and the buying guide. We have taken so much time to write this article.
So we can limit the time it will take you to look for the best trimmer that suits your need. Identify your needs, know your budget, read about different dryers here, and make your decision.