Tricycle for kids helps your children to learn the riding of the tricycle. Kids usually love to ride on a tricycle when their parents bought it for them. This tricycle also improves your child’s muscle strength and coordination. Children age 3 to 8 years usually love to ride a tricycle.
In today’s age when most kids are fond of electronic devices such as tablets, computers where fun means surfing the internet within four walls in the house. A kid’s tricycle is a perfect gift for your child in this situation. Here we have listed the best scooter for kids & bicycles for kids online with buyers guide.
Riding a tricycle is both an indoor and outdoor activity that also focuses on the fitness of your kid. Also, it helps your kid to control their weight and help in the development of their joints and bones. In this article, we are providing the best tricycles for kids along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Tricycle for Kids in India
Buyers Guide – Tricycle for Kids
Tricycle for kids will engage your kid for hours and help them develop a sense of balance and safety.
Before buying a kid cycle you have to make sure some of the important points which we need to keep in mind. Firstly, you have to check the stability of the tricycle.
Top factors that you have to make sure before buying a kid cycle:
- The metallic tricycle is much more durable than a plastic one.
- It makes you less worried as a parent and feels more secure.
- Tricycle with big wheels gives more comfortable and smooth rides.
- Make sure tricycle height is according to your kid’s height
- So they can access to pedal and ride it easily.
Big Wheel or Push Tricycle:
- There is a lot of tricycle for kids in the market.
- So before buying just make sure you are looking for safety or design.
- Many tricycles don’t have a feature of adjustable seat and handles.
- So before buying a kids cycle just make sure seats and handles are adjustable.
- These types of features attract parents to adjust the size according to the comfort of their children.
- Everyone wants some attractive and cool tricycle for their kids.
- The first thing which gets notices is its color.
- It can be anything, animation, or strips.
- You can choose glossy or solid colors as well.
Features of a Kids Cycle or Tricycle for Kids:
A tricycle helps your kid in many ways such as by developing their overall fitness, keeping them engaged for hours. Also, it comes with several safety features and comes with the excellent build quality.
Some of the features of a good tricycle which you can buy for your little ones are as follows:
- The front wheels are 10 inches whereas rear wheels are of 8 inches each which makes it more stable for the kid.
- And helps them to balance it more comfortably.
- A tricycle weighs around 8-10 kg which is quite handy and easy to carry.
- It contains a bell and storage compartment which is an attractive feature for a kid.
- The tires are wide for best grip and additional security.
- Tricycle comes with an extra canopy with it which is very useful and attractive.
Types of Tricycle for Kids:
There are many different types of tricycles in the market and some provide extra stability to your kids. But each type has its own features and build quality.
Different tricycle provides different features and some of those are as follows:
Big Wheel Tricycles:
- Most tricycles are of this kind and there are high chances you have one of these for your kid.
- The major thing about these tricycles is that these have big wheels in front and relatively small wheels in the rear.
- It adds extra stability and balance to the tricycle.
- These tricycles need some extra push from behind.
- If your kid doesn’t want to make all the effort then this tricycle is best for you.
- This tricycle for kids helps parents to look at their kids if they worry about them too much.
How to cycle a Tricycle for Kids?
Tricycle, as the name, suggests it’s a 3 wheeled bicycle. So it provides safety to your kids and helps them easily balance it. It’s very important to find out the working of a kid’s cycle and also consider the best ones out of so many products.
The working mechanism of kids cycle:
- A tricycle works with the help of feet and hands.
- Tricycles help kids to develop the quality of balance and also it helps to keep them fit.
- With the help of hand and foot rider change the direction of the front wheel and rotating the rear wheels.
- Both hand and foot coordination are necessary to run a tricycle successfully.
- Kids also have to make sure when turning the tricycle as it gets disbalance due to the center of mass.
- Stability and balance are the two factors that children have to make sure about.
- In Push, tricycle parents push their kids from behind and help their kids running the tricycle.
- Mostly kid’s cycle is big wheel tricycle as it let kid individually handle all the control.
- It helps the kid to develop self-confidence and increase their confidence.
Top 10 List of Tricycles for Kids Online:
Now you have knowledge on several types of kids bicycles that are available in the market along with useful features as listed above. In order to make your selection easy, we have made the list of 10 best Tricycles for Kids along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. R for Rabbit Tricycle for Kids Tiny Toes Grand Smart Plug & Play Stylish Cycle with Parental Control Handle, Storage Basket, & Durable Rubber Wheels for 1.5 to 5 Years Kids:
This Kids tricycle is certified with EN 71 which is the most stringent certification. Parents can easily assemble this tricycle in 5 minutes only. It can be used from 1.5 to 5 years of old kids and supports up to 25 Kgs of weight.
- Dimensions: 118.8 cm x 39.8 cm x 23.2 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 6.70 KGs
- R for Rabbit Tiny Toes Tricycle for Kids made with the EN 71 Certified plastic material that is defined by European standards for Tricycles for Safety of Babies and Toddler.
- This Kids tricycle took only 5 minutes to install the whole tricycle which is quick.
- It is easy and comfortable too to install the whole bike in 5 minutes.
- Plug and play wheels as your kid can use this tricycle inside the house as well.
- It is a push tricycle so parents can look for their kids all the time whenever their kid rides it.
- Many nuts and bolts got loose with less use.
- Very fragile products easily get damage when heavier kids use to try.
2. Baybee Duster 4 in 1 Convertible Tricycle for Kids Trike Ride-on with Parental Adjust Push Handle Canopy Tricycle for Boys & Girls:
This tricycle is certified with EN 71 which is the most stringent certification. Every minor point is considered to give the safest product to your baby and toddlers. It takes only 5 minutes to install the tricycle.
- Dimensions: 56.2 cm x 36.6 cm x 26.6 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 8.96 KGs
- Baybee Tricycle for Kids is an EN 71 certified product and comes with plug & play wheels along with chrome finishing.
- It has parental comfort and control as the parent handlebar.
- And it comes with 3 adjustable heights ranging from 31.75 inches to 38 inches high, so you can always be in control no matter what.
- Plug and play wheels included so your kid can ride tricycle inside the house all the time.
- Easy to install and assemble time is approx 5 minutes with well-written instructions.
- Back storage keeps coming out which represents that the quality of this tricycle is not good as compared to other tricycles.
- Overly charged as some customers are not satisfied with the product.
3. Shree Ganesh ONLINE Unisex Tricycle for Kids with Heavy Duty Wheels & Water Bottle Shaker:
This Kids Tricycle comes with Parental Push Bar and it is equipped with a colored SIPPER to keep the child entertained with their toys. And this tricycle is suitable for both boys & girls.
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 6.00 KGs
- Shree Ganesh Tricycle for Kids made with the non-toxic harmless plastic material.
- It is suitable & ideal for 1 to 4 years of age kid.
- Baby will get the most comfortable ride with this tricycle and Provides safety with the help of safety belts.
- Both boys and girls can ride this bike so you can save your money for both kids.
- Strong EVA coated wheels that are strong and have a son slippery grip pedals to keep your foot attached.
- It has comfortable seats and safety belts so you don’t have to worry about the safety of your child.
- There is no installation manual is provided by the company so you have to assemble it on your own.
- Steering joins become loose quite often which is risky as well as irritating for parents.
4. Dasan Royal Tricycle for Kids with XLL Size Suitable for Boys & Girls:
This tricycle is suitable for 1 to 4 years old kids. It is just like we used to have when we were kids. And it is easily affordable and can be maintained without many efforts.
- Material: Plastic
- Dasan Baby Royal Tricycle for Kids made with the sturdy & strong plastic material.
- Attractive color and design make your kid happy all the time when they use it.
- You can easily return the product if you don’t like it.
- Most of the time people don’t like the product but they can’t return it.
- Dasan brand is very old and they still maintain their quality after years which is quite a success for the company.
- Made of plastic which is not very safe on roads mostly.
- It is a big wheel tricycle that rides by the kid. You cannot push it from behind as there are no bars to hold it.
5. Dash Vega Tricycle for Kids with Rear Storage Basket, Musical Cartoon Foot Rest, Back Support, Parent Control Push Handle & Adjustable Canopy:
This is very attractive and fancy tricycle for kids. Kids will love this tricycle as it consists of playing toys, a canopy, comfortable seat. Storage basket for parents to keep storing kids useful things.
- Dimensions: 63 cm x 53 cm x 25 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 7.50 KGs
- Dash Vega Tricycle for Kids comes with an attractive design along with a musical toy, rear basket, and footrest front round bar.
- Musical Cartoon Long back support which makes your kid comfortable while riding.
- You can adjust the canopy to protect your baby from sun raise.
- And this canopy has a durable, rugged, and high-quality frame.
- Quite good and comfortable parental handle.
- Wheels are well gripped so tricycle doesn’t slip.
- Mostly made of plastic which is not durable for the long term. Quite risky for a kid in the long term.
- Some parts are missing during the shipping of this product so make sure every part is available.
6. Archana Vega Musical Tricycle for Kids Trike Ride-on Outdoor with Storage Basket and Lights for 1-3 Years Babies Suitable for Babies, Boys & Girls:
This tricycle has a very attractive design with a musical toy in the front and a big basket in the rear to keep important stuff of a kid such as toys and water bottles. It is suitable for kids from 1 to 3 years old.
- Dimensions: 58.8 cm x 53.8 cm x 22.4 cm
- Material: EVA
- Weight: 4.77 KGs
- Archana Vega Tricycle for Kids made with the EVA material.
- Sits low to the ground for easy access and it is simple, fun to ride which comes with a rear basket.
- The product will be delivered in a semi-assembled form.
- You don’t need to spend hours installing this tricycle.
- It has a built-in toy in front of the handle just to entertain a kid while he rides the bike.
- Mostly made of plastic which makes it less durable as compared to other metallic tricycles.
- No canopy or push handle behind this tricycle.
7. Little Olive Little Toes Tricycle for Kids with Phthalates Esters Free Harmful Chemicals Free Ride On & Parental Push Bar Suitable for 1 to 4 Years:
This tricycle is safe and good for your child’s health and growth as it is Phthalates Esters free, harmful chemical-free. It comes with a footrest and two-way adjustable seat which is quite good for a kid.
- Dimensions: 74 cm x 47 cm x 53 cm
- Material: Plastic Material
- Weight: 5.00 KGs
- Little Olive Little Toes Tricycle for Kids made with the EN, BIS, and IS 98 Quality Certification plastic material.
- You can adjust the seat according to your kids comfort also it enhances the stability of the tricycle.
- It has pretty cool features that attract your kid.
- Some of the features are it has a bell, front basket, footrest, back basket, and much more.
- It is a push tricycle which makes it easier for parents to handle the control. Parents don’t have to worry about their kids now.
- This product is a self-installation product as you have to make the tricycle on your own. The company will provide all the tools needed.
- Assembling this product is a very difficult task which makes customers irritating sometimes.
8. Amardeep and Co Tricycle for Kids with Unbreakable Body & Parental Control:
This is famous for its quality and longevity and also it is made in India which is good news for many Indians. The body of the tricycle is unbreakable with attractive and fancy cartoons.
- Dimensions: 83 cm x 64 cm x 33 cm
- Material: Plastic & Steel
- Weight: 7.00 KGs
- Amardeep and Co Tricycle for Kids made with the steel pipe frame that is covered by the high quality of the plastic body.
- This kid’s cycle is durable, fancy, and quite attractive.
- All parts are made with precision and using high machines to ensure the quality of the tricycle.
- This product is equipped with durable tires and comfortable handlebars.
- It has an unbreakable body along with attractive & fancy cartoon face
- The installation document is not clear and well written which make quite difficult for the customer to install.
- And the back wheel connector rod is larger than needed almost by 2 inches which sometimes hurts the kid while cycling.
9. Dash Stylish Tricycle for Kids Ride on for 2 to 5 years old boys and girls with Under-seat Storage Space, Lights & Music:
This kid’s tricycle has a LED Lights and music button which plays nursery rhymes to keep your kid entertained for hours. Very comfortable big backrest to keep your kid back straight and make a controlled ride.
- Dimensions: 52 cm x 40 cm x 36 cm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 5.70 KGs
- Dash Stylish Tricycle for Kids is perfectly suitable for your kid as it comes with a comfortable seat that is made of plastic.
- It is a good quality stylish tricycle that looks like a sports bike pedal drive action.
- Included LED Lights and music buttons for nursery rhymes to keep your little entertained for hours.
- Its Paddle has easy movement which helps the kid to develop gross motor skills and balance and also it is comfortable.
- The tricycle price is around 2000 to 3000
- The 1-Assembling whole bike is a tough job as its instruction manual is not well written.
- With less instruction and missing manual make this bike difficult to install and makes customers irritated.
10. Goyal’S Mr. Rambo Tricycle for Kids Foldable Rider with Music & Lights Ride-On Bicycle:
This Mr. Rambo tricycle for kids contains music and lights on the handle which attracts kids a lot. They can roam in the house with music and light effects only 2AA batteries are required.
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 36 cm x 15 cm
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Weight: 5.00 KGs
- Goyal’S Mr. Rambo Tricycle for Kids made with the ABS plastic material.
- It has a beautiful and safe design and also it is easy to install and assemble.
- This tricycle has a comfortable seat for your kid.
- It is compact & can be easily folded with a push button.
- Also, it is convenient so that it can be stored anywhere.
- The Tricycle price is reasonable.
- The product is different as mentioned in the pictures. The real tricycle is comparatively small.
- Pedals not working in most cases and quality is very cheap.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I buy a tricycle?
You should buy a tricycle when your kid is 1 year older at least. It will improve his learning skills and balance.
What age should a child be able to ride a tricycle?
At the minimum age of 1 year old. This will help grow kids at a very early age.
Which tricycle is best for 2-year-old?
For a two-year-old push, the tricycle is best. In push, tricycle parents are the controller so it increases the safety of a child.
What is the best trike for a 1-year-old?
For a 1-year-old push, the trike is highly recommended. In push trike, parents control the tricycle and have a watch on the baby all the time.
Can a 2-year-old ride a tricycle?
Yes, a 2-year-old can ride a tricycle.
What age do toddlers learn to pedal?
Toddlers will start peddling at the age of 1.5 or 2 years.
How do I teach my 2-year-old to ride a tricycle?
Teach him about the pedal and how to balance it. Push tricycle is best to teach a 2-year-old to ride a bike.
What is the best tricycle for a 3-year-old?
A 3-year-old can ride a big wheel tricycle easily. Big wheel tricycle increases the stability and balance inside the kid.
Are tricycles bad for toddlers?
No, tricycles help in developing more stability and balance in a kid’s life. Riding a tricycle help kid to remain active all day and its super fun too.
Which Trike is best?
For a 2 year or less push tricycle is best as it is attached with a rod in behind so parents control the trike and for 3 years and older big wheel tricycle is good.
What age can Child use a balance bike?
On average a 5-year-old child uses a balance bike. Kids cycle help kid to learn to balance.
How does a tricycle help a child’s development?
Tricycles help the child to keep active and grow self-confidence. It helps improving brain power and increases stability and balance skills.
Should a toddler wear a helmet on a tricycle?
Yes, a toddler must wear a helmet on a tricycle as it is a safe way to ride a bike. Head is the most important part of a human body and to protect it from any damage parents need to take care of.
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of top 10 best tricycles for kids. So, it should be easy for you to determine which kid’s tricycle will best for your child. The quality guarantees you durability which may take over years.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best kids tricycles for you along with valuable benefits.