If you’ve ever thought about camping or even hiking, one thing that always comes up is that you’ll need a rucksack. And while most people will say that a rucksack and backpack are the same things, they’re not. They’re two different types of bags with different uses.
A rucksack is specially designed for hiking and camping. Backpacks meanwhile are more for school and one-day uses. Rucksacks are important to use when hiking or camping as it allows you to carry things for longer periods in comfort. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Trekking shoes, Sleeping Bags, High Ankle Shoes, Shoe covers, Rain shoes, Camping Tents, Duffle Bags, LED Torch Lights, Military Shoes, Military T-shirts, Wildcraft Shoes, Track Pants for men, Tracksuits for Boys, Tracksuit for Girls, Tracksuit for women, Tracksuit for Men, Adidas Track Pants, Jockey Track Pants, Puma Track Pants, in India.
Top 10 Best Trekking Bags in India
Features of Trekking Bag
- One of the most important features of any hiking bag is accessibility. And there are two ways that you can access your stuff when they’re inside a rucksack.
- One is by unzipping the bag, known as a panel loading bag, while the second way is via drawstring, a top-loading bag. Top-loading bags are more common as they’re more durable.
- Another important feature is the compartments. Most bags normally have one big compartment with a few smaller compartments on the side.
- Some bags also come with extra straps to add items onto your bag as well as have a shoe compartment at the bottom of the bag.
- Lastly, most bags now come with a hip/waist strap to help even out the load and make sure you don’t hurt your shoulders while carrying heavy loads.
- Some bags are even designed to allow you to transfer the weight of the bag between your waist and shoulders quite easily.
Types of Trekking Bags
- There are three main types of rucksacks – frameless, internal-frame and external-frame. Each has its uses and features, allowing for a better hiking experience.
- The first type is the frameless rucksack. It’s a lightweight bag that’s best for day hikes.
- Internal-frame bags allow a person to carry more and are light to mid-weight bags, depending on the make.
- They allow you to transfer the weight of the bag between your shoulders and hips. This makes them great for longer hiking trips.
- Lastly, you get an external-frame bag. This bag is for carrying much heavier loads, compared to the other two.
- They’re not used as much as the other two due to their bulkiness and are less travel-friendly than the other two.
Buyer’s Guide for Trekking Bag
- When deciding on which hiking bag to buy, it’s best to decide what you’re going to use it for.
- It’s best to get a frameless bag if you plan to only do short or day hikes. Internal-frame bags are more for longer hikes and people who are serious hikers.
- Finally, external-frame bags are for big hikes. We’re talking about hikes up mountains and into wild places where you need to carry a lot of things.
- Therefore, if you just need a bag for a day hike through a local nature reserve, getting a frameless or internal-frame bag is perfect.
How to Use Trekking Bag?
- Depending on your bag, there are many uses for the bag. You can use it for day hikes, camping, fishing, mountain climbing, and other outdoor sports that require you to carry stuff.
- When using a hiking bag, it’s best to pack it with heavy items at the bottom and the most important item you’ll need at the top.
- If your bag has several compartments, use them. Pack important items into those compartments instead. Eg. put your water bottle and first aid kits in the side compartments rather than the main one.
List of Top 10 Best Trekking Bags in India Buyers Guide
1 – MUFUBU Camping Bag
This camping bag is an internal-frame bag. It’s best for doing outdoor sports and comes in a black and red colour.
- The straps are breathable and help in relieving stress from the shoulders
- The fabric is water-resistant
- It has back ventilation
- Comes in one size
- Washing instructions are not given
2 – POLESTAR Hiking Bag
This bag’s made from polyester and comes in navy and sky blue. It has a shoe compartment and rain cover.
- Water-resistant material used
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Straps are adjustable
- You have to attach the rain cover to the bag yourself
- May be a bit more expensive compared to other products
3 – WILDCRAFT Rucksack
This bag can hold 45l and comes in grey and orange. It’s made of nylon and is a top-loading, drawstring bag.
- Has a strengthened haul loop to carry heavier loads
- Has back padding for extra comfort
- Material is abrasion resistant
- Is more for longer hikes where you have to carry a lot with you
- Doesn’t come with a waist support belt
4 – FUR JADEN Travel Backpack
This bag comes with a shoe compartment and comes in a military green colour. It can hold 55l and buckle clips to attach things to the bag.
- Has padded shoulder and waist straps
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Ventilated water bottle pocket
- The shoe compartment can only fit shoes up to size 10 (UK)
- Is a bit pricy
5 – TRAWOC Travel Backpack
This outdoor sports camping bag can hold 80l. It’s made from polyester and comes in grey.
- Has a 1-year warranty
- Material is water resistant
- Can carry a laptop in it as it has a laptop compartment inside the bag
- The rain
- Made for adults only
6 – HYPER ADAM Travel Backpack
This backpack is best for long hiking trips, camping and outdoor sports. It can hold 65l and comes in a sea green colour.
- Is water resistant
- Has an adjustable hip strap with a small pocket
- Has loops for accessories
- Meant for adult use only
- Doesn’t come with a rain cover
7 – TRIPOLE COLONEL SERIES Rucksack
This internal-frame bag can hold 95l. It comes in an army green colour and has several compartments and pockets.
- Has a detachable daypack and rain cover
- Water resistant
- Has padded shoulder straps for comfort
- Not laptop compatible
- Straps are a bit loose
8 – IMPULSE Rucksack
This bag holds 65l and comes in blue. It’s made from polyester.
- Has a 1-year warranty
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Has a rain cover and is waterproof
- Is quite expensive compared to other products
- Not washing instructions given
9 – MOUNT TRACK ADVENTURE SERIES Backpack
This black bag can hold 55l and comes with a shoe compartment. It makes for a great day backpack.
- Free rain cover included and has an 18month warranty
- Belts are adjustable
- Padded back panel and shoulder straps
- Rain cover is separate from the bag
- Is a bit expensive
10 – AFN FASHION Hiking Bag
This 70l rucksack comes in a grey colour. It’s multipurpose and great for day hikes.
- Padded shoulder straps
- Water resistant
- Belts are adjustable
- Designed specifically for adults only
- No rain cover included
Overall, getting the right hiking bag for your next adventure is important. That also means that choosing the right bag is also important. Maybe even more so. The bag you use could determine whether you have a wonderful experience or not.
You can use hiking bags for all types of activities. Hiking, camping and fishing are a just few great outdoor activities that use hiking bags. Some bags even allow for you to use them in the city.
1 – What is a trekking bag called?
They are commonly known as rucksacks. You can also call it a hiking or camping bag, but rucksack is its proper name.
2 – Which is the best trekking bag?
As there are many types and features to a hiking bag, it’s hard to say which one is the best. They all have their pros and cons, making them all different.
3 – What is the cost of a trekking bag?
The cost of a hiking bag heavily depends on the material, features and type of bag it is. Different bags use different materials and the way the bag is designed is also important. Lastly, the features of the bag can affect the price.