Cleaning is important for every part of your home in order to maintain a healthy and hygienic environment. You need to have the best toilet cleaner for deep clean without the help of scrubbing at your home. There are different types of house cleaning solutions available for different purposes. House can be cleaned with regular cleaners but toilet specific cleaner must be used. Also, we need to clean our house properly with a good house cleaner.
The reason for doing so it that most of the infectious diseases spread because of unhygienic sanitary conditions. To prevent such infection clinically proven solutions must be used. These solutions are easily available in the market.
If you are looking for a good toilet cleaner for your home and having an issue which one to buy. Then you can check out the content below where you can get information about the features, types, step to use and the best product which you can buy.
Best 10 Toilet Cleaners in India
Buyers Guide – Toilet Cleaner
It’s better to go with the proper toilet cleaner based on things like possible toxins, carcinogens, ingredients, and more. In the past, we use only traditional toilet cleaner and a brush for our convenience. But now today we have several options and different types of toilet or bathroom cleaners.
If you buy a toilet cleaner then you must consider the following thing:
- Toilet cleaners are available at various price segments.
- Some are cheap while some are expensive.
- You must go for the best product at a decent price.
- Some cleaners contain strong chemicals which are health hazards.
- You must check the composition of the chemicals used in the cleaner and also the precaution given before buying.
- Cleanliness is the motive of buying a toilet cleaner.
- Go for the most effective cleaner considering the reviews given by the customer.
- Check the label if the cleaner is eco-friendly or not.
- Cleaners are available which gives different fragrances like lemon, sandalwood, etc.
Features of Toilet Cleaner
Mostly we use the toilet cleaners to remove strains in toilet and bathrooms. Now there are many branded toilet cleaners available in the market. With the help of high-quality cleaning liquids, we can clean the toilets in a matter of minutes. But you need to check the features of the toilet cleaners first.
A good toilet cleaner must have the following features:
- It must be approved by authorities for its application at home. Every chemical solution is checked by different clinical laboratories to check the composition of chemicals used.
- It must be environmentally friendly and should get easily disposed of. Water pollution is a major concern in the developing and developed nations, so the sewage from the house must not contain any health hazard chemicals.
- It should not give a foul smell. Toilet cleaner generally has a little fragrance but some chemicals give foul smell which must be checked.
- It should be easily available in the store.
- The cleaner must be efficient in cleaning & should not leave any stain.
Types of Toilet Cleaners
Now you know the features of toilet cleaners, those are used to kill gems and strains from toilets and make them clean and neat. Most of the toilet cleaners come in the form of liquid in a bottle where some cleaners available in tablets, powder, gel and rim blocks.
Keep in mind that normal quality and high toxins contain cleaners that might cause diseases and skin allergies. So follow our buying guide above and stay away from cheap and low-quality toilet cleaners.
The different types of toilet cleaners are:
The liquid cleaner is a chemical solution that is used for toilets cleaning.
Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets:
These are tablets or cartridges that have chemical clean the toilet bowl.
Toilet Wipe Dispensers:
This wipe dispensers work on the principle of regular dispensers and are used to clean the toilet.
Toilet Powder Cleaner:
The chemicals are present in powder form and are sprinkled over the toilet.
Gel-based Toilet Cleaner:
The chemical solution is present in the form of gel and is spread across the toilet bowl.
Scented Toilet Cleaner:
These are the most used toilet cleaner which not only cleans your toilet but also gives good fragrance.
Chemical-free Toilet Cleaner:
These cleaners are homemade remedies to clean your toilet. However, many chemical-free cleaners are also available in the market.
How Does Toilet Cleaner Works?
As for now, you know the different types of toilet cleaner but the question arises “How to use it?” There are different ways to clean your toilet using the cleaner.
It’s very important to know the usage of a wide range of toilet cleaners first. Then only go with the top brands. Avoid the cleaners which have the ingredients with high acute toxicity include ammonia & chlorine bleach.
Let’s find out the usage of a toilet cleaner:
- Get your cleaning kit ready that is the scrubber, toilet cleaner, and brush.
- Flush the toilet once before cleaning.
- Apply the cleaning chemical in the toilet bowl and seat.
- Leave it for 10 – 30 minutes.
- After a few minutes use the brush or scrubber to spread the liquid.
- Wash the toilet with water or flush it and it is done.
- If you are using the toilet bowl cleaner tablet then you just have to put the tablet in the toilet bowl which will release some chemicals that will clean your toilet.
- After sometime flush it or pour water to remove the chemicals used. Toilet can be cleaned by following the above steps for powder and gel cleanser. The cleaning must be done once a month to avoid infection.
Top 10 list of Toilet Cleaners in Market
Choosing the best toilet cleaner always a challenging task for everyone. That’s why we are providing a list of best bathrooms or toilets cleaner with full features. We have created the below list after considering so many factors like cons, pros, and features.
1. Harpic Toilet Cleaner 1 L Original 10 on 10 Powerplus:
Harpic cleaner is manufactured and supplied by the Harpic. It kills 99.9% germs and also gives fresh smell. And it is the leading toilet cleaner in India which fights against 10 different types of germs. This cleaner removes foul odor and gives a clean & stain-free toilet. Also, this is available in a total of three fragrances like Original, Rose, and Orange.
- Harpic Toilet Cleaner fights against 10 types of stains and kills 99.9% of germs.
- It removes any unpleasant smell and odor from your toilet.
- Also, it is a thick liquid cleaning solution that clings to your toilet and cleans it completely.
- The bent neck shape of the bottle allows you to pour the liquid deep inside the corners.
- The Packaging of the product is not good due to which the liquid sometimes gets spilled.
- Bleaching powder percentage is relatively higher in this product.
2. Sanifresh Ultrashine 1.5X Extra Strong Toilet Cleaner Extra Clean 1L with 50 g Odonil Room Freshener:
Dabur India Limited is the manufacturer while Sani fresh is the supplier of this product. This is available in a bent nozzle shaped bottle in two quantities i.e., 1 L and 750 mL bottles. To make the product more attractive Odonil room freshener block is also providing at free of cost.
- Sanifresh Toilet Cleaner is cheaper than any of the products mentioned above.
- This is 1.5X stronger than any of the other toilets cleaner.
- The 10X power of the cleaner cleans any type of germs and stain.
- The thick solution saves time and effort in cleaning.
- It gives a fine lingering smell.
- The packaging is not good.
- And the liquid is very sticky like glue.
3. Harpic Disinfectant Bathroom Cleaner Floral – 1 L:
Reckitt is the manufacturer while Harpic is the supplier of this product. This is available in two different quantity i.e., 1 L and 500 mL bottle. You can select from two variations of smell i.e., lemon and floral. It can be used for toilets, bathrooms, and washbasin.
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaner is a multiple surface cleaner that can be used to clean the floor, sink, tiles, and toilets.
- The thick liquid is effective in any type of stain.
- Two different variants are available for fragrance.
- It can be used both diluted and concentrated as per your choice.
- The liquid is transparent so you need to be careful while pouring the liquid.
- Also, the bottle cap nozzle is not for toilet use.
4. Domex Toilet Cleaner 750 ml Lime Fresh:
Hindustan Unilever Limited is the manufacturer while Domex is the supplier of this product. This is available in 500mL and 750 mL bottles. It kills 99.9% of germs keeping your family safe. Also, it is available in two variants of smell i.e., lime fresh and ocean-fresh.
- Domex Toilet Cleaner uses revolutionary fresh guard technology to clean the toilets & bathrooms.
- The thick solution forms a thin protective layer on the toilet which lasts for 3 days preventing germs.
- And the liquid is an acid solution which removes the limescale deposit from your toilet.
- The thick solution spread well in the toilet and clean it efficiently removing every stain.
- Also, the bent bottleneck allows the liquid to go to the deep corner.
- The solution is to stick to the surface like glue.
- And the dried solution leaves marks.
5. Strategi 2L Herbal Disinfectant Toilet Cleaner Liquid:
This natural herbal toilet cleaner is manufactured and supplied by the Strategi. Coconut-based surfactants, lemon oil, and soap nut oils the natural substance that forms the solution. It is available in 2 L & 500 mL bottles. And it minimizes hard water stain and calcification. It is ideal for any type of surface.
- Strategi Natural is 100% natural.
- Bathtub, sink, tiles, toilets, etc. can be cleaned with this solution.
- It gives a fresh smell and cleans the surface leaving no stain.
- Also, it is an environmentally friendly and biodegradable toilet cleaner.
- It is expensive than the others.
- The cleanliness is not justified with the price.
6. PaxChem PowerPax Orange Toilet Cleaner 5 L Disinfectant with Refillable and Reusable Bottle:
This product is manufactured and supplied by the PAXCHEM brand. It is available in 5 L bottle while 500 mL two necked bottle is used to pour the liquid in the toilet. Also, it is available in 5 different variants based on fragrance. The five variants are rose, citrus, orange, pine and regular.
- PAXCHEM Toliet Cleaner is a thick gel cleaning solution that removes the tough stain.
- It has got FDA Disinfectant License and GLP Quality Certified.
- The product will last for more days due to its quantity.
- It has also got a CGMP Manufacturing Certificate.
- Also, it does not leave any stain behind.
- The fragrance is not long-lasting.
- It has a strong acidic smell.
7. Amazon Brand Presto Toilet Cleaner Orange 1 L Disinfectant:
Presto is the manufacturer of this product. And this is available under Amazon Brand as a premium product. It is available in two different variations i.e., 1 L and 500 mL bottle. There are two different fragrances added to the toilet cleaner. One comes with an orange smell while the other with a rose smell.
- Presto Toilet Cleaner is cheaper than Harpic.
- It also kills 99.9% of the disease-causing germs.
- This liquid is applicable in both Indian and western toilets.
- It removes stain easily giving a clean and fresh look to your toilet.
- Also, it works on all types of surfaces like granite, ceramic, mosaic, etc.
- The bent nozzle allows you to pour the liquid to the farthest corner.
- It contains raw acid which is harmful to human health.
- Hydrochloric acid is used instead of Hypochlorite which is a health hazard.
- The liquid is thin as compared to Harpic.
8. Organica Biotech Toilet Cleaner ThinkSafe Natural Liquid & Eco-friendly 500ml double pack:
This natural toilet cleaner liquid is manufactured and supplied by the Organica biotech private limited. It is available in a 500mL bottle. The pH level of the solution is nearly neutral which is safe for bare hand use. This cleaner does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Natural plant-based enzyme formula makes this cleaner more effective.
- The pH level of the solution is 5.5 which is safe for human hands.
- Organica Biotech Toilet Cleaner reduces calcification and hard water stains.
- This product comes with a pack of 2 bottles.
- The thick liquid solution makes it more efficient to use.
- It is costlier than any of the cleaner mention in this list.
- The thick solution doesn’t dissolve in water.
9. Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner 709 ml Manual with Fresh Scent Smell:
This cleaner is manufactured and supplied by the Clorox. It is only available in a 709 ml bottle with a bent neck for easy pouring of the liquid to the surface. It is available in two fragrance variants which are citrus and regular once. Also, it cleans your toilet without leaving a stain.
- Clorox Manual Toilet Cleaner does not leave any color stain in the toilet bowl.
- The thick liquid stick to the toilet bowl cleaning any stain.
- It contains bleach with a good quantity.
- And it is easily available in the market.
- The diluted solution is not effective.
- It is a little costly.
10. T-Shine 500 ml Toilet Cleaner 100% Organic Pack of 3:
Jyothy Laboratories Ltd.is the manufacturer while T-shine supplier of this product. T-shine is 100% organic toilet cleaner and is available in only a 500 ml bottle. It kills 99.9% of the disease-causing germs keeping your family safe. And it is available in various sizes and fragrances like an elengi and floral.
- T-Shine Toilet Cleaner is 100% natural and eco-friendly.
- It is thick and spread easily in the bowl.
- The fragrance is very pleasant.
- It is very effective in stain removal.
- It leaves a dark stain after cleaning.
- The packaging is not good.
In the conclusion part, it is evidently clear that there are some best toilet cleaners you can choose. Now, it’s on you whether you will prefer a branded toilet cleaners from the mentioned ones. In other words, you have to consider the buying guide, the reviews are the pros and cons before you make the final call on buying any bathroom cleaner or washroom cleaner.
Now you are able to choose good and quality cleaners for you. Make sure that you will always address your requirements and budget for buying a toilet cleaner and then consider the suggested branded toilet liquid cleaner to buy.