If you have an elderly parent at your home or any patient then you must be aware that how difficult it is to take them to the toilet. And usually, Indian toilets have Indian commodes so it is very difficult for patients, elders, and pregnant women to use them. In this article, we come up with a solution to this problem. How wonderful it is if you buy a toilet chair for your beloved parents. It will be easy for them, as well as, for you to take them to the toilet. So, we have gathered so much information and going to share it with you in this article.
Top 10 Best Toilet Chairs in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Toilet Chair
- A toilet chair is just like a normal chair but has a hole to fit in the commode area.
- Usually, the chair comes with the pot but some are without pots.
- Patients who cannot go to the washroom can use the chair at their place.
- The frame of the chair has some metal or stainless steel while the seat is usually plastic or water-resistant fabric.
- Some chairs also have arm support. In some chairs, this support is removable.
- Usually, these chairs are for Indian toilets, but some can fit on western commodes too.
- Some chairs are also height adjustable.
- Some chairs also come with wheels for the person who is paralyzed and cannot walk.
Types of Toilet Chairs
Portable toilet chairs
- These chairs have wheels so that you can take your patient to the washroom.
- The patient doesn’t need to move out of the seat, you can easily fit it on the commode in the bathroom.
- These chairs don’t have wheels, instead, have anti-skid legs.
- You have to place them in the toilet.
- These are for the patients who can walk and go to the toilet but cannot sit on Indian commodes.
Buyer’s guide for Toilet Chair
- You have to be specific about the type when buying a toilet chair according to the condition of your patient.
- Always buy a chair with a strong body.
- Check the quality of its seat.
- The chair must be anti-skid for the safety of your patient.
- It is important to check the weight-bearing capacity of the chair.
How to use Toilet Chair?
- If your patient is unable to go to the toilet, then you have to take the chair with the pot.
- You can bring the chair near the patient and have to take the pot to the toilet to clean it.
- But if your patient can walk, it will be convenient for you.
- Put the chair over the commode, so that the hole of the chair comes just above the commode.
- The patient will use the chair as a normal western commode.
- Clean with water if you have any doubt about dirt.
List of Top 10 Best Toilet Chairs in India-Buyers Guide
1. PHYSIQO Commode Chair With Toilet Seat
It is a folding toilet chair for the elderly, patients, and pregnant women with a toilet seat. The chair is made from stainless steel and is white. As it is foldable, it is very easy to move and place. Its legs are anti-skid and the chair can bear about 110kg weight. It has its toilet seat, but you can use it on convenient India commodes as well.
- The chair has a lock system for safe use.
- It is very lightweight and easily portable.
- This chair is comfortable for sitting.
- Some people got defective products.
- Its material is not stainless steel as mentioned.
- It is an iron chair that can get rust.
2. Brazos Commode Toilet Chair with Toilet Seat
This toilet chair is also a foldable chair suitable for elderly men and women. It doesn’t have a back portion so it easily converts into a flat rod after folding. The chair is very convenient for traveling and storing. It can bear up to 110kg weight. Its material is iron and the legs have rubber pads to give a strong grip.
- This toilet chair price is very affordable.
- Its size is very good and suitable for everyone.
- Its material is not very long-lasting.
3. Elegant Mosquito Net Commode Chair Stool
It is another toilet chair that you can buy for your elderly, or any patient at your home. Its dimensions are 38*38cm (L*B), its height from the ground is 40 cm, and the back’s height is 74cm. its frame has stainless steel material, while the seat is plastic. It comes with arms to give comfort to the patient. The chair also has a folding feature. Its weight is 3.5kg and its capacity of weight-bearing is 85 kg.
- It has anti-slip feet so it is stable.
- Its quality is very good.
- The frame is thick, strong, and long-lasting.
- Its joints are not very stable.
- This patient’s toilet chair has a little higher price.
4. Folding Elderly Toilet Stool by Physique
This is a toilet stool, without the back and arms. The stool has a seat and legs that have anti-skid pads on the feet. This toilet seat is foldable and turns into a flat piece. It is very convenient for your elder people if you don’t have western-style commodes in your toilets. The weight-bearing capacity of the seat is 110kg.
- Its foldable design makes it easy for transportation and storage.
- The stool is easy to clean.
- It has a lock system that elderly people can easily use without their legs crumbling.
- Its frame got rusted after a small period of use.
- The quality of its seat is not very good.
5. KosmoCare Folding toilet Chair with Large Bucket
It is a high-quality, versatile, and 3-in-1 patient toilet chair that patients can also use. This is a wide chair with a strong frame and arms for support. Its toilet bucket is big and comes with a lid. The frame is strong and made from powder-coated steel that can bear up to 100 kg weight. Its pot has a good-quality plastic material that is easy to clean. The chair is height adjustable and the legs have rubber anti-skid pads.
- The chair is very strong and sturdy.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- It is very easy for the person to sit and leave the chair.
- The quality of plastic seats should be improved.
- It is a costly chair.
6. VEAYVA PURE STEEL Commode Toilet Chair
This patient toilet chair is also one of the best products you can buy. Its frame is steel-made and safe from rusting. The height is adjustable and is a folding chair that is easy to transport. This chair is strong and can bear 125 kg of weight easily. A very good about the chair is that it comes with a big pot that has handles to carry. The pot also has a lid and splash protection, so safe for the attendant.
- It is a very good chair, even for a heavy-weight person.
- Its build quality is very good.
- The chair is sturdy and the feet are anti-slip.
- Some people found it difficult to use for an elderly person.
7. ARCATRON® 2000 toilet chair
This is a very useful chair which is easy to use for an elderly person himself. It is a wheelchair that can easily fit on the western commode. The wheels also have a lock system to stop mobility. It is very comfortable to use as it has a water-resistant cushion seat. The chair has can hold about 150kg weight.
- It has removable arms so it is convenient to transfer the patient to the bed.
- Its quality and built-in design are amazing.
- The chair’s seat is deep. It is difficult for the patient to stand on his own.
- Its price is very high.
8. SUPREME HEAVY DUTY FOLDABLE COMMODE CHAIR
This toilet chair is suitable for Indian commodes and is attached to the wall. You can easily fix its stand on the wall with 5 screws. It is very easy to use the seat and you can lift it and set it with the wall after use. The length is adjustable. Its weight holding capacity is 120kg.
- You can easily scroll it up and fix it with the stand on the wall.
- It is very easy to keep and use this seat.
- Its material is high-quality stainless steel and is heavy-duty material.
- The nuts given for wall-mounting are not good.
9. NEOSAFE Premium Indian Toilet Seat
It is a stool-like toilet chair that has steel material and its seat is plastic. Its dimensions are 44*38*44cm and are foldable into 2 inches high flat pieces. Its legs are strong and have anti-skid protection also. You have to self-assemble the chair.
- Its seat has fiber material so it is comfortable.
- The steel is high-quality and long-lasting.
- We didn’t find anything bad about it.
10. Kids Surgical Elderly Disabled people toilet seat
It is the last product on our list that you can buy your loved ones to ease their life. It is a stool-like toilet chair that is foldable too. Its frame is MS powder coated it is very suitable for traditional Indian toilets.
- It can bear a weight of about 100kgs.
- Its quality is also good.
- Its height is not adjustable and is not very good for short-height people.
Make the life of your patient and elder family members easy and buy a toilet chair for them.
What is the name of a chair toilet?
You can simply call it a commode chair or toilet seat.
What is the cost of a toilet chair?
A low-price toilet chair costs about 500 rupees, while the price can go up according to the quality and features.