The first-ever tea glass cup is small in size and is commonly made of bone china. These teacups are always paired with a saucer together with a teaspoon. They have been in homes for centuries and have been a status symbol for the wealthy.
Even if most tea sets are made from fine china, the British have made tea popular. Up until the 21st century, tea has been part of a lot of cultures around the world. Nowadays, teacups have evolved and have become modern. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best steel teacup sets, Teacup & saucers sets, tea powders, Girnar Tea, Tata Tea, Brooke bond Red Label Tea, Coffee Machine, Coffee Mugs, Milk Powders, Coffee Table, Tea Glasses, Teapoy, Masala tea powders, Green tea & Coffee Powders buyers guide.
Different shapes and sizes are now readily available in the market. Choosing the perfect tea glass is a challenge so in this article, we will be discussing all of it to help with your purchase.
Top 10 Best Tea Glasses in India
Buyers Guide – Tea Glass
When it comes to choosing your tea glass, there is no right or wrong answer. We all have our preferences and purposes and it all comes down to what is best for you and your family.
But before purchasing, it is important to research the products you are choosing. With the internet buzzing with new online shops every day, you can never be too careful when deciding.
- There are a lot of bogus shops and people promising great quality products but when it arrives, it is way out of the image they are showing you.
- Also, reviews of the products are helpful and full of information because they are made by customers who have first-hand experience with the product.
- If you are to use the glass at home and for yourself only, you can opt for durable yet cheap tea glasses.
- It is always better to know where your money goes and if you are purchasing something worth your money.
- If you want to be more extra and will be serving tea for guests, investing in good quality tea glasses is a must.
- So, next time you decide on buying an item, make sure to triple-check their information.
Features of Tea Glass
With tons of designs of tea glasses in the market today, choosing the right one is a challenge in itself.
Below are the features of a tea glass you should look for before purchasing one:
- We all know that teas hold a lot of flavours and aromas.
- If a glass is porous, the flavour and aroma of the tea you are drinking will get soaked in the glass.
- This could hurt another flavour when you try one.
- We love a good hot cup of tea.
- Some glasses will not insulate properly leaving you with cold tea that is not inviting at all.
- Make sure that your tea glass is not too thin and not too thick either.
- The tea should perfectly roll off the glass into your tongue so you could experience the best flavour of the tea.
- Check the manufacturer of your glass to know if their products are chemical-free and food-grade safe.
Types of Tea Glasses
We often think that tea glasses are all the same but they mostly differ in the materials used.
Below are the types of tea glasses in the market:
- This type of glass will not affect or react to the flavour and aroma of your tea although it would not retain heat properly.
- This type of glass is durable like porcelain or ceramic.
- The inner walls of this glass retain the heat of the tea while the outer wall makes it easier to grip.
- And the design of this glass is given an illusion and a bit of uniqueness compared to other glasses.
How to use Tea Glasses
Everything has a manual, even tea glasses. Now, let us talk about how to properly clean and prepare your tea glass so you can enjoy your hot cup of tea.
- First, when you purchase your glass, wash and rinse it properly.
- This will ensure you wash out all dirt and other debris on your glass.
- Then you should sterilize your glass to make sure it is thoroughly clean.
- Sterilizing your tea glass will also kill all germs and bacteria present in your glass.
- After sterilizing, wipe the glass so that excess water will not dry up and stain the glass.
- The stained glass looks dirty and old.
- Now that all the steps are complete, you can now make your very own cup of tea, following the instructions on how to prepare tea.
- You can either have tea for yourself or serve some to family and friends and just enjoy.
List of Top 10 Best Tea Glasses in India Buyers Guide
1. Borosil Vision Tea N Glass Mug Set of 6 – 190 ml:
These glasses made of borosilicate glass are durable and can withstand temperatures up to 350 degrees.
- The material is strong and durable
- It has a timeless design
- Will break easily during delivery, if not properly wrapped.
- Is not compatible with the microwave although it’s in the description
2. Villa Crystal Tea and Coffee Mug 6 pieces 140 ml:
These modern tea glasses are great for both hot and cold beverages. With a higher volume of liquid, it can contain, you can have more of your tea or coffee.
- The handle is big in comparison to other glasses
- They look expensive and well made
- They break easily after a few uses
3. TRUENOW VENTURES PRIVATE LIMITED Glass Tea and Coffee Cups 170 ml:
Also made with borosilicate glass. These durable and versatile tea glasses are microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- The glass itself is thick
- It will last long without having any damage.
- Delivery of the item is not handled properly resulting in broken pieces of glasses upon arrival.
4. Toygully Glassware Tea Cup – 6 pieces, White, 70 ml:
These beautifully crafted and exceptionally designed glasses will surely elevate your tea time experience.
- The glasses are thick and easy to hold
- They hold more volume than the stated amount
- It breaks when you pour boiling water
- The handles are relatively small
5. My Tea Cup Tea & Coffee Cup Set 140ml:
Great for gift-giving, this set will surely stand out from the crowd.
- The design is beautiful
- It is durable and will not break easily
- Not suitable for weak or older people due to its heaviness.
6. SATYAM KRAFT Glass Cutting Chai 6 Pieces:
Whether you want this for personal use or a gift, this set of 6 glasses is perfect for your tea.
- The material and weight of the glass are good
- It is worth the money you will be paying for
- Some glasses have hairline cracks
- There are lesser quantities when items arrive
7. Borosil Vision Tea Glass Mug Set of 6 – Microwave Safe:
If you want a little touch of colour, these glasses with blue handles are the perfect ones for you.
- The glasses have a classic design
- A little pop of colour on the handles gives it a unique touch
- They are made from thin glass that breaks easily
- Not worth the value
8. PrimeWorld Glass Tea Mug – 6 pieces 180 ml:
Made from lead–free and non–toxic materials, these glasses are perfectly safe and stylish for any occasion.
- These glasses are elegantly designed
- Its size is perfect for either tea or coffee
- Products are made in China
- The glasses are thin and can be easily broken
9. Femora Glass Espresso Tea Cup and Mug Set of 6:
With a classic design and nontoxic materials that manufacturers have used to create this glass, you are confident to serve guests.
- It is big for a tea glass
- They are the right size and have a simple design
- In just a few uses, the glass breaks
10. BESTonZON Glass Coffee Mug 480 ml:
These heat-resistant glasses are perfect for your home, office, or business.
- It is made of high-quality materials
- It is possible to use it not only for tea but for milk and even ice cream and shakes too
- The quality of the products is not consistent
- Too expensive for the quality
Now that we have discussed all the tea glasses, you can now decide on what to get. Even if there are tons of options out there, researching will make buying easier for you. You can splurge and have the best quality tea glass that will last you a lifetime.
You can also opt for cheaper tea glasses and it is okay. At the end of the day, if the product delivers its purpose, then you are all set. Therefore, choose wisely and have fun sipping your tea.
Is glass safe for hot drinks?
Almost all glasses are safe for hot drinks. The problem with some products is the quality of the glass and how they prepared the materials.
Some manufacturers use cheap glass and will not temper the glass properly. This is why sometimes glass easily breaks when poured with hot water.
Why does tea taste better in a glass?
Glasses are non-porous therefore would not absorb the flavour of your tea. However, ceramic or porcelain cups are porous and will absorb your tea.
This is why when you use ceramic or porcelain for a long time, sometimes your drinks have a different taste. Changing up tea flavours will not get affected when using glass cups.
Why does a Pyrex glass not crack when boiling water tea is poured into it?
Pyrex is well known for its thick and durable glassware. The glasses are tempered to make them extra strong that will withstand high temperatures making them safe even when boiling water is poured straight into them.