Over the years, Tata has emerged as one of the most trusted brands for batteries all over India. The Tata battery is to be found in many places. Those range from 2-wheelers (bikes) to 4-wheeler vehicles and onto inverters. In all cases, the Tata battery tends to be highly reliable. It also tends to have good durability, if one takes basic care of it.
Thus if the battery you have been using has now become worn out, you can replace it with a Tata battery. Or if you need the first battery for a need that has arisen, you can opt for a Tata battery. Either way, you would find comfort in the fact that Tata batteries are designed with local conditions in mind. They can withstand things like the local temperature fluctuations over the seasons well. And they tend to be very fairly priced, in comparison to most other exotic brands. Thus the Tata battery is ideal in almost all regards.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Tubular batteries, Amaron Batteries, Okaya Batteries, 150AH Batteries, Amco batteries, Exide inverters, Exide Batteries, Exide car batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, Microtek Inverters, Solar inverters, Car Inverters, inverter batteries, Livfast Batteries, Livguard batteries, SF Sonic Batteries, Amaron Bike Batteries, HW Batteries, Amco Batteries, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws,in India.
Top 10 Best Tata Batteries in India
Features of Tata Battery
There are 4 key features that make Tata a trusted and well-loved battery brand.
- Firstly, the Tata battery tends to be highly versatile. This means that whatever your needs, there is a suitable battery under this brand to serve you. It also means that a single battery under this brand can often serve multiple uses. For instance, suppose you buy a Tata brand UPS inverter battery. Then later, you wish to switch to solar. Usually, you find that the battery allows you to make the switch without having to buy a new one.
- Secondly, the Tata battery tends to be remarkably reliable. So they are reliable, even in the face of local weather conditions which tend to shift dramatically over the seasons.
- Thirdly, the Tata battery tends to have a good durability profile. They tend to be long-lasting batteries, with good warranties.
- And fourthly, the Tata battery tends to be highly convenient to use. So the makers include all the required things to make every single battery model as convenient to use as possible.
Types of Tata Batteries
- There are Tata inverter batteries. Then there are Tata 4-wheeler vehicle batteries. Also available are Tata 2-wheeler (bike) batteries.
- The inverter battery will typically have high capacity: like in the 135 to 200 Ah range.
- On the other hand, the 4-wheeler battery will typically have medium capacity: usually 35 Ah to 80 Ah.
- And the 2-wheeler battery will tend to have a lower capacity: usually in the 2.5 to 9 Ah range.
- On another note, there are maintenance-free Tata batteries. Then there are those Tata batteries that require water refills.
- Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks
Buying Guide for Tata Battery
- The specific need for which a Tata battery is needed should be the main concern.
- This should give indications of the battery capacity that can suit the purpose. It should also guide us on which Tata battery size to go for.
- You also need to check the Tata battery warranty. Beware of what it covers and what its limits are like.
- Further, check the Tata battery price. Be sure that it is fair, for that given sort of battery’s capacity and type.
How To Use Tata Battery?
- Depending on its type, you can use the Tata battery in an inverter. This may be for solar or for mains UPS. Or you may use the Tata battery in a vehicle. This could be a 2-wheeler, 3-wheeler, or 4-wheeler.
- In all cases, you will find the Tata battery with two terminals: positive and negative. So you just connect those to the corresponding nodes of the device you are powering with the battery.
- If the Tata battery you are using is one of those that require water refills, create a schedule for that. You can also be cleaning the battery’s exterior, including the terminals (while taking care not to short them).
List of Top 10 Best Tata Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. Green Velocity Plus YT5A Battery
This is a motorcycle battery. Its capacity is 5 Ah.
- It is a VRLA battery without the need for much maintenance
- It comes with 48 month’s warranty
- Suitable for use on many types of 2-wheelers/bikes
- The price is not very cheap
- Can be fragile if handled too roughly
2. Tata Green TG Series TG400R Battery
This is a car battery. It holds 35 Ah units of power.
- Comes ready to use
- Quite easy to fit on the car
- Cell welding is done to a high standard (which minimizes shorting issues)
- Compatible with quite a narrow range of vehicles
- It feels quite heavy for its size
3. Tata Green INV-150G51 Battery
What you get here is an inverter battery. It has a rated capacity of 150 Ah.
- Its specific capacity is low (hence accepts a charge in an easier way)
- Contains additional paste
- Above the battery’s plates, there is more electrolyte level
- The water levels indicators design seems to be rather basic
- This is a bulky battery (which takes up quite a lot of space)
4. Tata Green TG Series TG800L Batteries
What you get here is a battery for a utility vehicle. It comes with a rated capacity of 80 Ah.
- The vent plugs on this battery are rather easy to use
- Compatible with many vehicle types
- Comes with a nicely designed handle to carry/move about
- Weighs about 21.3 kg
- This can be a fragile battery, needing careful handling
5. Tata Green Batteries Silver Plus 38B20L Batteries for Pune
Voltage is 12V, capacity 35 Ah. Ideal for use in cars.
- The plate design has good corrosion resistance
- Has long service life, due to quality separators
- Offers higher CCA (on account of greater material volume)
- It does not come cheap
- Takes technical know-how to fit onto a car
6. Tata Green Velocity Plus YTZ4 Batteries
Ideal for use in a 2-wheeler. The rated capacity is 3 Ah.
- Does not make the bike too heavy (it is only 1.5 kg)
- Comes with 48 month’s warranty
- Tends to be stable once installed
- Only compatible with certain bikes
- May experience minor corrosion with time
7. Tata Premio 12V Car Batteries
What you find here is a set of 2 batteries. Each has a rated capacity of 35 Ah.
- Requires less water toping (due to its Ca-Ca grid design)
- Offers better CCA output
- It is convenient to handle
- May take effort to fit onto some vehicles
- Some may need only 1 battery (not the 2 in this pack)
8. TATA Green TG9D Velocity Plus Batteries
Meant for use on a 2-wheeler. The rated capacity is 9 Ah.
- Quite light in weight (thus does not add bike weight too much)
- Very easy to fit
- Comes with 48 month’s warranty
- For some bikes, a 9 Ah rated capacity may prove too high
- May have slight corrosion with the passage of time
9. TATA GREEN TG550/L Batteries
This is a 6-cell 12 volts battery. It is of alkaline type.
- Comes with an SAE terminal
- The price is quite low
- Comes in very neat packaging
- The warranty is relatively short
- Requires lots of keen maintenance
10. Tata Green Silver Plus 80D31L Batteries
Ideal for use on utility vehicles. Holds 80 Ampere hours (Ah) power units.
- Compatible with a wide array of vehicle makes and models
- Designed to be convenient to handle
- Has a proper gassing effect due to its vent plug design
- Weighs around 21.7 kg
- It does not come cheap
A Tata battery can be a reliable, convenient, and durable source of power for your various needs. Use this guide in identifying and then shopping for the Tata batteries best suited to serve your needs.
Which is the best Tata battery?
One with reliable output, corrosion resistance, easy to fit, and not too hard to maintain.
What is the capacity of the Tata battery?
The capacity ranges from as low as 3 Ah (for motorbike battery) to as much as 150 Ah (inverter battery).
What is the price of the Tata battery?
It ranges from as low as 2,000 rupees (for motorbike batteries) to as much as 15,000 rupees (for an inverter battery).