Most people don’t think about Tap valves, but knowing about tap valves is quite important. There are many different types, makes features and prices to them. Just knowing which one to stop a leaking pipe will make a huge impact on your next water bill. However, you don’t need to worry because of anything. Everything you need to know about valves is right here. From what their features and different makes are, to how they work and everything in between. We’ve even made a buyer’s guide to help you.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Water Taps, Kitchen Taps, wall mixer taps, sink Mixers, Jaquar Taps, Hindware Taps, Bathroom Showers, Washbasins, Cera Washbasins, sintex water tanks, 100 liters water tanks, HDPE Pipes, CPVC Pipes, uPVC Pipes, Hose pipes, Drip Irrigation Kits, water pipes, Conduit Pipe, Steel Pipes, Copper pipes, Jaquar Taps, Instant water heaters, Hindware taps, Kitchen Sinks, Cera Wash Basins, Parryware Wash Basins, Jaquar Washbasins, Wash Basins, Table Top Washbasins, Nylon ropes, Hand Showers, Shower for Bathrooms, Flush Tanks, Western Toilet Seats, Jaquar Geysers, Bajaj Geysers, Havells Geysers, Racold Geysers, Gas Geysers, Crompton Geysers, Solar water heaters, V Guard Geysers, 500 Liters Water Tanks, Plastic Water Tanks, Supreme Water Tanks, Sintex Water Tanks, 1000 Liters Water Tanks, Septic Tank Cleaners, Western Toilet Closets in India
Top 10 Best Tap Valves in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Tap Valve
- By definition, a valve is something that controls the flow of water or gas. Tap Valve is responsible for the flow of water and gas, as well as sometimes being able to control the temperature of the water. This is very important, as nobody wants to turn on the hot water to take a cold shower.
- Most valves are made from brass or plastic. However, Ceramic Disc valves are made from ceramic instead.
Types of Tap Valves
There are four main types – Compression, Ball, Cartridge, and Ceramic Disc.
1. Compression Faucet Valve
It’s sometimes also called the ‘steam-and-seat’ faucet valve. It’s one of the oldest types and most simplistic compared to the other types.
Compression Faucet Tap Valve is reliably low cost and inexperienced to repair. This is because you mostly just need to replace the washer from time to time. The only real problem with this type is that it is more prone to leaking compared to other valve types.
2. Ball faucet valve
They are low-cost and don’t leak as much as compression faucet valves do. The design of this valve, however, is much more complex than the compression faucet valve.
Ball Faucet Tap Valve has many small parts, including washers, springs, and O-rings. One big problem with this valve is that if minerals or small particles get into the valve, it can cause leaks. This is because there are so many small parts, that things get easily stuck and damage the equipment.
3. Cartridge Faucet Valve
It’s also known as the sleeve-cartridge valve. The idea behind this valve was to take away the problem people had when they needed to replace parts in the ball faucet tap valve. They are becoming more widespread. They are sold at a reasonable cost.
The cylinder, which holds the washers, O-rings, etc., is normally made of brass or plastic and works on both single-lever and dual-valve faucets. The cartridges are hard to remove, however, manufacturers offer special cartridge pullers. Soaking the stuck valve in vinegar has also been known to help.
4. Ceramic Disc Faucet Valve
It is the newest type of valve. It has two rotating discs made from ceramic, with each disc containing channels. When the channels align, water is able to flow through the pipes.
The ceramic disc faucet tap valve also helps in controlling water temperatures. The one problematic thing with these valves is that they are expensive. However, because the design is almost leak-proof and the discs rarely need repairs, many are willing to pay.
Buyer’s Guide for Tap Valve
- When going to buy a new valve, it’s very important that you know what type of valve you need to replace. This is due to the fact that you cannot replace a Compression Valve with a Ball Valve.
- So, if you don’t know, taking the valve with you to the hardware store can help. Most people that work there can tell the difference and will be able to help you find the right one.
- The second important thing to look at is the turn size. This is important as getting the wrong size will mean that the valve will not fit onto your pipe.
- Lastly, make sure that when you’re asking for a valve you say the type and say faucet afterward. E.g. Ball Faucet. This is because just saying, “Ball”, “Cartridge” or “Ceramic Disc” can lead to confusion. These terms are used to describe other things relating to valves.
How to use Tap Valve?
- As you now know, there are different types of valves. And while they may do the same thing, controlling the flow of water, the process for each one is different.
- For compression faucet valves, when you open the tap, eg. pulling up a handle, the stem inside raises the washer. This allows for water to flow out. When you close it, the washer drops back to the seat. This stops the water from flowing through.
- The others are more complex. The ball faucet valve uses many grooves and holes to move a ball inside to change the flow and temperature of the water. Cartridge faucet valves have a cylinder used to direct water flow rates and control temperature.
List of Top 10 Best Tap Valves in India-Buyers Guide
1. Stem Disc Cartridge Faucet Valve
This product is for replacing the cartridge of your faucet valve. It comes in packs of two, one valve for hot water and another for cold water.
- It’s made from brass and ceramic, meaning it’s very durable.
- Can use for kitchen or bathroom taps.
- The size is standard for faucet valves.
- It may be tricky to install into the tap.
- There are many small parts to it.
2. YANTRANSH Brass Ceramic Disc Cartridge Faucet Valve
This is a replacement cartridge made from ceramic They’re sold in a pack of 4. Suitable for both kitchen and bathroom taps.
- It is highly durable.
- It also has a vacuum surface, stopping water from leaking, even when damaged.
- Can use for both hot and cold water.
- Size may be an issue with this product.
- The O-rings are not color-coded, making it hard to know which valve is for hot or cold water.
3. IMPODA Ceramic Disc Fitting Brass Valve
This product is for repairing the inner part cartridge of the disc. It comes in a set of 3 and is suitably used for bathroom faucets only.
- It’s made from ceramic with a brass coating.
- It is highly durable.
- It is suitable for both hot and cold water.
- You can only use the valves for JAQUAR FLT ( FLORENTINE) TYPE MODELS.
- May be more expensive compared to other valves.
4. Floyd Brass Ceramic Disc Cartridge
This product is for replacing ceramic discs. It’s sold in a pack of 10 and is for both kitchen and bathroom taps.
- It’s made of ceramic with a brass covering.
- The size is standard; however, I would recommend checking all the dimensions.
- It is non-corrosive and highly durable.
- The product is not color coded. This makes it hard to tell which to use for hot water and which for cold.
- The spindle thread hole size is not given.
5. NEW WARE Brass Faucet Valve
This product is a standard ceramic disc cartridge replacement. It does come in packs of 5 and is suitable for kitchen and bathroom faucets.
- It has a brass exterior coating and is non-corrosive.
- The cartridge also has a purification method – reverse osmosis.
- It is also suitable for hot and cold water.
- The product is not color coded.
- The quality of the product may be different as it uses polycarbonate too.
6. Fitting Brass Spindle Valve
This product is for repairing the inner cartridge disc. The item does come in a set of 2 and is only for bathroom faucets.
- It’s made from ceramic and brass.
- High-quality product and is quite durable.
- Suitable for both hot and cold water.
- Is only suitable for JAQUAR New Continental TYPE MODELS.
- Is only for bathroom taps.
7. AREAN Brass Faucet Valve
This product is a ceramic disc cartridge made from stainless steel. It comes in a pack of five and is for the kitchen and bathroom.
- It is suitable for both cold and hot water.
- It has purification methods – Reverse Osmosis and Granular Activated Carbon.
- It is non-corrosive and durable.
- Made from stainless steel and not brass.
- The cartridge is hard to use.
8. YAPL Angle Valve
This product is a ceramic disc cartridge used for replacing old discs. It can replace both kitchen and bathroom taps.
- Has a brass exterior coating.
- Is suitable for both hot and cold water.
- Is very durable.
- Is only for angle valves.
- Not colored coded for hot and cold water.
9. Acetap Brass Faucet Valve
This is a standard-size ceramic disc cartridge. It’s for replacing old ones made from ceramic and brass.
- The brass is a solid body with a ceramic disc insert inside.
- It is suitable for both hot and cold water.
- The item is durable and non-corrosive.
- Not color coded.
- Has plastic parts to it.
10. ZILONG Faucet Valve
This product is a ceramic disc cartridge. You can use it in both the kitchen and bathroom.
- Made from brass & ceramic
- This item comes in a pair – one cartridge for hot water and the other for cold.
- Can use it for single or double taps.
- The stems are a bit shorter than the standard size.
- Not all dimensions are clear.
In conclusion, knowing about tap valves is very important. Just by knowing the different types of valves, you are able to know which valve to get the next time you have a leaking tap. No need to call the plumber and waste money so he can say you need a new valve.
1- Which valve used in taps?
Many different types of valves are used in taps.
2- How do you fix a tap valve?
It depends on the type of valve you have. E.g. If you have a compression faucet valve, you may just need to replace the washer inside to fix it. The others are a bit more complex and sometimes you may need to just replace them. This is certainly true for the ball faucet valve. Because of the many small parts in it, most find it easier to just replace the whole thing.
3- Are all tap valves the same?
No, they are not all the same. There are four main different types of valves – Compression, Ball, Cartridge, and Ceramic Disc.