Best men’s swimming trunks: a guide to buy the best Swimming trunk
Types of Swimming Costumes for Men
- Regular Trunks
- Board Shorts
- Square Cut Trunks
Top products: pros and cons
- The morning play
- Golden Kids Swimming Kit
- Jockey Men’s Tactal Trunks
- Baby & Sons Men Swimming Costume
- SLYK Men Swimming Trunk
- Body Maxx Swimming Kit
- Kanu Surf Men’s Haywire Swim Trunk
- Body Maxx Men’s Square Legs Regular Fit SwimsuitTrunks
- Egab 4 in 1 Combo Swimming Kit
- Rovars Men’s Swimwear
- Viva Sports VSJ-003 Adult’s Swimming Jammers
- StarX Swmikit3 Latex Swimming Kit
People often consider men’s swimwear a non-necessity. Also, society has a casual tolerance for male semi-nudity. In fact, most, if not all, swimming costumes for men are just simple shorts without any top covering. Funny enough, the term ‘trunk’ is actually applicable to any shorts that are loose-fitting. Men generally wear them for sporting activities such as boxing and of course swimming. People end up referring to these shorts as swimming trunks because of their widespread use for regular swimming. Conveniently, these come in different shapes and sizes depending on the intended use although they generally fall shy of the knees. Shorts that extend to the knees casually became known as board shorts. Other designs defy this norm however. Also, people actually consider the board shorts as swimming trunks just the same.
Types of Swimming Costumes for Men
The availability of several designs for men’s swimming costumes is quite convenient. Each particular category has its own set of advantages based on its design purpose or intent. It is a common notion that man barely has a wide range to select from. We all know however that this isn’t true. Rather, men usually don’t bother to be particular about their swimsuit selection. Instead, they just grab the most readily available items. This, however, is not at all ideal because each type comes with its relevant comfort. Here are a few swimsuit categories for men that can help to make more informed selections;
This very basic category is mainly for versatile use. In fact, people often refer to this category as simply swimming trunks. Water activities and waterside fun can definitely be enjoyed with the regular trunks which are pretty versatile. Trunks can be worn by both babies and seniors since they are also quite versatile across ages. The designs of the regular trunks are mainly concerned with comfort. This is especially so when it comes to body contact and aeration. Trunks are generally loose-fitting with adjustable mechanisms like elastics or drawstrings. Also, they never go past the knees.
Surfing activities originally prompted the designing of this category as the name implies. The trunk attaches firmly to the waist comfortably yet in a more secure manner. It must also be loose enough to allow free leg and body movement without any discomfort. They’re also a common attire for activities like boating and even swimming. The main distinguishing feature for this category is the waist attachment which is never elastic. It utilizes a Velcro design or a rigid waist accompanied by a zipper or button up an arrangement for easy dressing.
Square Cut Trunks
This category is a compromise between regular boxer underwear and full-body speedos. The design leaves sufficient leg area for comfort while maintaining a sleek look. They often end abruptly well before the knees. It’s also designed to be in contact with the body in all regions. Commonly used by casual swimmers but they can also work as regular swimming trunks. This would, however, take someone who is more comfortable with his body because they leave very little to the imagination.
These swimming trunks are form-fitting by design. Jammers are quite short enough to allow more comfort and free leg movement.
Competing purposes originally prompted the design of this type of swimwear. They are form-fitting to reduce water drag and can vary in terms of body coverage. More commonly known as speedos.
As the name suggests, this type of men’s swimwear comes as a single unit. It is mostly in strips to promote freer movement and aeration. Funny enough, the majority of men think this design is only for women. The design is however far from comfortable for casual wear.
There’s definitely a marked difference in people who dress differently especially when relaxing or competing. Men’s swimsuits offer quite several advantages over just any regular clothing in these setups. Any other gear would make the experience rather uncomfortable or inefficient.
- The obvious benefit is definitely comfort. Imagine having to swim in denim jeans! It would be a pretty horrible and tiresome experience for sure. Swimming trunks provide the necessary comfort that comes with a relaxation agenda or a flawless competition. Softer fabrics mostly comprise the majority of swimsuit designs. They also possess better form-fitting designs and technology.
- The fashionable effect of wearing swimming trunks is definitely unquestionable. They tend to give off a vibe that is both attractive and pleasing. In any case, they help to promote scenario blending whether at the beach or pool party. Standing out in these scenes simply because you’re differently dressed is definitely an unfortunate experience.
- Testosterone is a funny thing, making a man want to show dominance and superiority. Swimming trunks are definitely a great way to show off an amazing body at the beach. Get the attention and respect that comes with being an impressive and superior male amongst others.
- The convenience that comes with swimming trunks is quite apparent. Swimsuits generally dry quickly. They also pack easily whether wet or dry.
Selecting the appropriate swimsuit requires a few considerations. The first important aspect is fabric. Nylon, cotton, polyester and Polybutylene Terephthalate are some of the best choices. These materials ensure the utmost comfort. But, for instance, is actually reactive to movements to prevent excessive friction with the body. This reduces chafing and lessens friction drag in the water.
Since the swimsuit will spend a considerable amount of its useful life in pool water, it definitely needs chlorine resistance. This can be practical on just about any material in order to prevent degradation or reaction. Without this feature, the swimsuit will quickly lose its luster and colorfulness in a short space of time.
Another useful feature of a good swimsuit is its aerodynamic smoothness. This helps reduce the resistance to motion while swimming hence requiring less effort. This is quite important especially for competition use since the slightest inconvenience can be quite costly. Lightweight brings more comfort in both wet and dry states.
Good swimsuits have a good drying efficiency. This means that their water retention abilities must be very low to allow quick drying. Designers avoid denser material like wool for this reason.
Consider the static and frictional properties of the swimsuit. This is simply considering that swimming involves constant rubbing between the water and the suit itself. It would be pretty unpleasant to have a static-shocking trunk. Poor materials can cause uncomfortable frictional activity like squeaky sounds or bundling up of the material.
Top Swimming costumes: pros and cons
1. The morning play
- This kit comes with convenient goggles, nose plugs and a standard cap that is both shapely and comfortable.
- It is just the final touch that completes and compliments the poolside or beachside-look effortlessly.
- The swimming costume weight is 410 Grams.
2. Golden Kids Swimming Kit
- Boys and men actually prompted this design despite the misleading name.
- It comes with a top of the range swimming costume and swimming goggles.
- A swimming cap and a lot of other extras like nose and earplugs are also part of the package.
- Beachside strolling perfectly suits this design. They have a low-cut free movement-enhancing design.
- Swimming is also a breeze with this comfy design.
3. Jockey Men’s Tactal Trunks
- These trunks come in multiple color variations and a wide range of convenient sizes for all preferences.
- The fabric is purely non-static and offers minimal friction with the main material being the tactical nylon and some spandex for a better fit.
- The complete look is pretty fashionable with a modern touch yet retaining all comfort that comes with generic swimwear.
- Careful and expert design skills combine together to give this trunk an elegant finish.
- The material used is Tactal Nylon & Spandex.
4. Baby & Sons Men Swimming Costume
- This product comes as a fully equipped kit for both younger and older men.
- The kit contains a customizable collection of swimming caps and goggles plus the swimming costume.
- A few extras like plugs are also available for convenience. 3D technology expertly created this design.
- The best fit is guaranteed. The goggles have impressive anti-fogging abilities.
- Top-quality material fabricates the swimwear designed to give a very comfortable fit.
- It also features non-abrasive material and chlorine resistant fabrics for better pool performance. The swim suite weight is 150gms
5. SLYK Men Swimming Trunk
- These Jammies are the definition of comfort with a perfect fit that is suitable for any occasion.
- SLYK trunks are perfect for poolside lounging or just regular beach strolls.
- The design comes with a wide selection of sizes to suit all body forms.
- The elastic waist ensures a more comfortable fit while retaining the trunk’s stylish shape.
- It also gives the swimmer free movement and flexible maneuvering for both competitive and leisurely swimming.
- Designers made the inner lining is specifically to offer comfort cushioning for the sensitive parts.
- It features a straight leg design for a much more striking look.
6. Body Maxx Swimming Kit
- This swimming costume for men comes with swimming shorts, a silicone swim cap, goggles as well as convenient ear and nose plugs.
- The swimming shorts have a comfortable elastic band waist that has a backup drawstring for extra adjustment and securing.
- A 3D design on the cap ensures the perfect fit and comfort in any maneuver.
- The whole kit is convenient. Elastic features promote form-following characteristics and improve on aerodynamics and drag features.
- An adjusting strap features the silicon goggles for better sealing purposes and comfort.
7. Kanu Surf Men’s Haywire Swim Trunk
- This product is unique mainly for its quick-drying feature.
- It’s quite handy when making a quick transition from water lounging to solid ground activities.
- This reduces the risk of conditions like pneumonia and discoloring quite significantly.
- Machine washing can easily clean swimsuit.
- The lightweight nature makes it easy and quick to clean when dirty.
- The design features pretty convenient side pockets that are handy for pocketing seashells and any other findings on the beach.
- It also has a comfort-enhancing inner lining made of a special quick-drying mesh.
- A very classic finish features the design of the whole kit with triple-needled seams.
- A drawstring aided by a comfort-padded elastic waist offers convenient fitting mechanisms.
8. Body Maxx Men’s Square Legs Regular Fit Swimsuit Trunks
- This square legged design gives a classier finish.
- It simultaneously retains the comfort and aerodynamic features.
- It is entirely form-fitting and suitable for competition purposes due to its minimum water drag.
- The suit design is entirely sweat-absorbent for better comfort and less staining.
9. Egab 4 in 1 Combo Swimming Kit
- This combo is a must-have for anyone wishing to have an amazing swimming experience.
- The kit offers cool extras like earplugs and nose blockers to enhance the whole swimming experience.
- The shorts for the combo offer minimum water resistance which helps bolster speed and efficiency.
- The quality of material for both the goggles and swimsuits makes it last for a lifetime.
- This is only possible however with proper care.
10. Rovars Men’s Swimwear
- Raring reviews come with this design.
- Comfortable swimming experience is a guarantee.
- Polyester makes up the main component of the trunk.
- The shorts also contain a bit of spandex for better stretching abilities.
- It also features an adjustable drawstring that makes for a more perfect fit.
- Water and non-water activities are perfectly suitable for this design.
11. Viva Sports VSJ-003 Adult’s Swimming Jammers
- These cool swimming jammers for men come in mostly red and black color tones in a variety of sizes.
- The design reduces significantly the friction during water maneuvers and any competitive swimming.
- A convenient elastic and drawstring ensure that the swimsuit stays put without any mishaps.
12. StarX Swimkit3 Latex Swimming Kit
- This latex swimsuit offers pure efficiency and a comfortable form-fit.
- It offers the least resistance to water motion and pretty good chlorine resistance which makes it last much longer.
- The kit comes with a complimentary pair of swimming goggles that have cool anti-fog abilities.
- As a cherry on top, a swimming cap and containing bag are also part of the package.